March 28, 2024, 04:46:47 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127443 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2011, 05:50:07 PM »
Anybody got highlights?  Final score 3-0.

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »
<a href="http://videa.hu/flvplayer.swf?v=VSzP5JRiAJDgJPtg#b" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://videa.hu/flvplayer.swf?v=VSzP5JRiAJDgJPtg#b</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
Thanks Boodsy.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 03, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
Jones starting for Stoke in the Europa league game against Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Israel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
Stoke won 1-2 with Crouch coming off the bench to score.
I find Stoke real handlin it in the Europa.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:40 AM »
How come very few notice, since  KJ relegated to bench - where quite a few fans believe he up to dat - how come no one notice they getting constant wash... And Crutch not doing one ting ...eh eh eh

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 06, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
Kenwynne has not started a league game since Crouch arrived.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
and Stoke has won 2 of the last 8, scored 4 and had 20 scored on them. Maybe, Crutch should help out the defense even if the goals not coming..or maybe Pulis will remember KJ used to do something like that.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 06, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »
The problem is there is ONLY one game plan, use the wingers, cross it in, a tall forward would score OR a set play of any kind. There is no plan B. Yuh still have the Jones haters but not as much now because the $10 million pound tree post of a fwd is living off a scraps...just like Jones!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 07, 2011, 02:20:23 PM »
So someone tell me the last time KJ started a PL match and then tell me he hasnt been forgotten.
Hart for president

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 07, 2011, 03:25:32 PM »
Stoke trying to add another dimension to the strongman football they playing. Technically, Crouch is very good and should be able to hold up the ball and play in the nippy strike partners, Fuller and Sidibe. You'd put on Kenwyne when you need more battering ram.

Problem is, Fuller and Sidibe are injured, and they have problems in the back, so Pulis playing a conservative formation, which means less goals, which keeps the cycle going.

The Delap, long-throw thing not working anymore either.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #371 on: November 07, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »
So someone tell me the last time KJ started a PL match and then tell me he hasnt been forgotten.
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=178399

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:55 PM »
Like y'all forget Kenwyne was injured recently.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 07, 2011, 04:04:14 PM »

me ent know whappen to dem nah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 07, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »

me ent know whappen to dem nah
League 1 and below, you have our support. Progress too far and de hatchets come out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 08, 2011, 06:33:13 AM »
Kenwyne plays 134 minutes in 7 days and we're complaining?  ??? ... Save some energy for Friday Jonesy ...  :challenge:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 08, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »
http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=178399

Thank you for proving my point. That is the first projected team sheet for a PL match since Crouch's arrival where the majority want him to start. He was forgotten completely by the fans up until now. It took a 5-0 demolition against the PL's worst team for them to try throwing KJ in there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:53:54 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 08, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
Kenwyne plays 134 minutes in 7 days and we're complaining?  ??? ... Save some energy for Friday Jonesy ...  :challenge:

Its mostly Europa. Very little PL action this year since Crouch arrived.
Hart for president

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 08, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »

Thank you for proving my point. That is the first projected team sheet for a PL match since Crouch's arrival where the majority want him to start. He was forgotten completely by the fans up until now. It too a 5-0 demolition against the PL's worst team for them to try throwing KJ in there.
I'm on there every day. Ain't nobody forget KJ.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »
Look how allyuh does talk schupid bullshit eh!  Man say he barely seeing EPL action and has been forgotten.  Somehow I doubt Stoke believe they can win the EPL, yet I don't think it's a stretch that they fashion themselves able to compete for the Europa Title.  So if KJ getting more run in Europa right now, so fackin what?!!  Apart from that I guess he needed to start in the first game back after the international break or play 90 after coming off injury so as to appease some ah allyuh here. 

DM doh study dem an dat shit talk nah hoss.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
Look how allyuh does talk schupid bullshit eh!  Man say he barely seeing EPL action and has been forgotten.  Somehow I doubt Stoke believe they can win the EPL, yet I don't think it's a stretch that they fashion themselves able to compete for the Europa Title.  So if KJ getting more run in Europa right now, so fackin what?!!  Apart from that I guess he needed to start in the first game back after the international break or play 90 after coming off injury so as to appease some ah allyuh here. 

Take a breath and ask yourself which is more important to the club and its fans, the PL or Europa?

Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »

Thank you for proving my point. That is the first projected team sheet for a PL match since Crouch's arrival where the majority want him to start. He was forgotten completely by the fans up until now. It too a 5-0 demolition against the PL's worst team for them to try throwing KJ in there.
I'm on there every day. Ain't nobody forget KJ.

So am I. You seeing what you want to see
Hart for president

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »

Take a breath and ask yourself which is more important to the club and its fans, the PL or Europa?

To the average SCFC fan I imagine is EPL right now.  However if they start seeing where the club has an opportunity to bring home the Europa Cup, I doubt they'll be upset that they finished mid table in the premiership

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:37 AM »
Jones Pleads with Pulis

www.skysports.com

Kenwyne Jones has urged Tony Pulis to give him an opportunity to help Stoke break out of their Premier League slump.

A 3-2 reversal against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday was the Potters' fourth defeat in a row and they are now just three points above the drop zone.

Pulis needs to find a solution to their current woes and a tactical reshuffle could be the answer.

Jones hopes such a move will see him given another chance to shine, with the burly frontman having slipped behind Peter Crouch and Jon Walters in the Potters' pecking order.

He has not started a top flight fixture since 28th August, but feels he could do a job if called upon after proving in the Europa League that he is capable of leading the line.

Luck
After coming on as a second half substitute against QPR, Jones said: "My form is okay. I need a decent run of games in the league now to transfer that European form.

"It is always difficult coming on but sometimes you need the luck of the draw and that didn't happen.

"Of course we are going to be concerned. It is five defeats in six. No-one wants to lose that amount of games.

"We have a lot of matches coming up to put that right but we can only look forward to the next important game."

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2011, 06:32:40 AM »
Jones Pleads with Pulis

www.skysports.com

Kenwyne Jones has urged Tony Pulis to give him an opportunity to help Stoke break out of their Premier League slump.

A 3-2 reversal against Queens Park Rangers on Saturday was the Potters' fourth defeat in a row and they are now just three points above the drop zone.

Pulis needs to find a solution to their current woes and a tactical reshuffle could be the answer.

Jones hopes such a move will see him given another chance to shine, with the burly frontman having slipped behind Peter Crouch and Jon Walters in the Potters' pecking order.

He has not started a top flight fixture since 28th August, but feels he could do a job if called upon after proving in the Europa League that he is capable of leading the line.

Luck
After coming on as a second half substitute against QPR, Jones said: "My form is okay. I need a decent run of games in the league now to transfer that European form.

"It is always difficult coming on but sometimes you need the luck of the draw and that didn't happen.

"Of course we are going to be concerned. It is five defeats in six. No-one wants to lose that amount of games.

"We have a lot of matches coming up to put that right but we can only look forward to the next important game."

a taught Crouch was de answer?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
Jones Pleads with Pulis

www.skysports.com

Luck

a taught Crouch was de answer?

Aye Crouchie is ah boss and far better than KJ so doh tote ::)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Yeah KJ wasnt forgotten  ::) ::)
Hart for president

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 26, 2011, 08:29:36 AM »
I've been watching this crap for 80 minutes so I could see Jones get a sweat.

I doh know how Steve Kean get a contract extension. Blackburn are terrible.

...and as I type that, they score. 3-1 now to Stoke

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 26, 2011, 08:44:40 AM »
Correction, the man get a contract revision, not an extension.
That probably means he gets sacked if when they get relegated

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
No one noticed Kenwyne scored late on to send Stoke through to the Round of 32?  Didn't have a great game to be honest and was just about to come off when he headed in Pennant's cross from close range.

1]; } ?>