March 28, 2024, 05:18:31 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127445 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #390 on: December 01, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »

Stoke   1 - 1   Dynamo Kiev
BBC Sport

Kenwyne Jones's towering late header ensured Stoke progressed to the knockout phase of the Europa League.

Dynamo Kiev dominated the first half and took a deserved lead when Matthew Upson steered Olexandr Aliyev's low shot into his own net.

But the Potters raised their game and were rewarded when Jones powered in Jermaine Pennant's pinpoint cross.

A stunning stoppage time save by Asmir Begovic ensured Stoke only need a draw at Besiktas to top Group E.

The result had looked far from certain as Stoke, who become the first English club to progress to the last 32, were outplayed for much of the first half.

They struggled to keep up with Dynamo's quick, incisive passing and the home side were cut open several times.

Aliyev was the brightest of Dynamo's impressive forward-line, firing a couple of dangerous shots at Begovic's goal, with Andriy Yarmolenko also coming close in the early stages.

DID YOU KNOW?Continue reading the main story
This is the first time Stoke have gone beyond the first round in European competition. They were previously knocked out by Kaiserslautern in 1972/73 and Ajax in 1974/75
So it was not unexpected when the Ukrainian side took a deserved lead - and it came courtesy of an own goal by Stoke skipper Upson.

Yarmolenko drove towards the backpedalling Stoke defence before releasing Aliyev, whose powerful low drive was steered into his own net by Upson, despite the best efforts of Begovic to keep it out.

The goal had been coming, mainly because of Stoke's inability to contain the inventive Aliyev.

Stoke continued to labour after going behind and Shevchenko should have made it 2-0 before the break, but the former Chelsea striker could only slice his left-footed shot against the outside of the post after Aliyev's piercing through ball.

Tony Pulis's side were brighter in the second half and Wilson Palacios latched onto Rory Delap's ball over the defence before forcing goalkeeper Olexandr Shovkovskiy to smother.

Moments later Pennant saw his drilled shot cleared off the line by Yevhen Khacheridi, as the visitors were suddenly unable to deal with Stoke's sustained assault.

Stoke's equaliser eventually came courtesy of Jones, who evaded his marker to head home Pennant's cross from the right, and substitute Peter Crouch was swiftly ordered to put his tracksuit back on.

The equaliser gave way to a nervy end for Stoke, who have Begovic to thank for a magnificent fingertip save from Yarmolenko in the dying seconds.

The striker's stinging effort was superbly tipped around the post by the Bosnian stopper, with the shot seeming destined for the back of the net.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »
Stoke City vs Spurs this afternoon....Dwight is a Sky Sports pundit this afternoon....

Presenter: So Dwight, what do you like about this Tottenham side?

Dwight: Well, its just the flairness that they play with.

:rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 11, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
Needless to say Kenwyne on the bench... Crouch starting, and dropping all the way into defensive midfield when necessary.  1-0 Stoke (on the shrunken pitch) in the 40'

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #393 on: December 11, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »
2-0 in the 44th minute. Etherington double (13th and 43rd).

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 11, 2011, 11:40:24 AM »
#17 for stoke is de ref's outside chile.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
Spurs getting all kinda robbed from the ref... Defoe get bundled over on a scramble in the box, clear penalty... nutten.  Same scramble sequence, shot on goal, off a Stoke elbow on the goal line... good save, apparently... ball drop to Adebayor in an onside (by a hair) position who knocks it past Friedel... offside, no goal.  7 minutes later, Kaboul foul a man, routine clip from behind in a non-threatening position... yellow card, second of the match... Spurs down to 10 men for the final 10 mins, lol.

Meanwhile, Crouch hitting man all kinda step-over, flick and backheel... playing striker, right winger... wherever the ball fall or they need him.  Assisted on the first goal by setting the table for Etherington.  2-1 Stoke in 90+2' (5 mins added).

EDIT: Final
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 12:17:37 PM by Bakes »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
dat ref put down a pile. is 2011 and fifa cyah figure out how to improve de officiating.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »
Dwight: Well, its just the flairness that they play with.

:rotfl:

That is my new word for the week!

Flairness - Definition:

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
Spurs getting all kinda robbed from the ref... Defoe get bundled over on a scramble in the box, clear penalty... nutten.  Same scramble sequence, shot on goal, off a Stoke elbow on the goal line... good save, apparently... ball drop to Adebayor in an onside (by a hair) position who knocks it past Friedel... offside, no goal.  7 minutes later, Kaboul foul a man, routine clip from behind in a non-threatening position... yellow card, second of the match... Spurs down to 10 men for the final 10 mins, lol.

Meanwhile, Crouch hitting man all kinda step-over, flick and backheel... playing striker, right winger... wherever the ball fall or they need him.  Assisted on the first goal by setting the table for Etherington.  2-1 Stoke in 90+2' (5 mins added).

Ths is d same man who always tellin' people how dunce dey is and how dey cyah read?  "Stupid is as stupid does."   
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:17:25 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2011, 04:45:36 AM »

Ths is d same man who always tellin' people how dunce dey is and how dey cyah read?  "Stupid is as stupid does."   
Your cuss sure in the morning! right now he probably bussin pipe on mrs sharks, so yuh safe until the jack daniels ware off. :whistling:  but when pardner read this bit, yuh in fuh ah run of give and takes, just be ready, and mind you, he just might dun yuh in ah dread way. ah hope yuh could handle it.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 04:48:07 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:31 AM »

There definitely were several questionable decisions by the officials but we had enough opportunities in front of goal to win the game, couple that with the piss poor first half showing and we only have ourselves to blame.  Hopefully the players will learn from this and be stronger for the experience.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2011, 02:50:19 AM »

Your cuss sure in the morning! right now he probably bussin pipe on mrs sharks, so yuh safe until the jack daniels ware off. :whistling:  but when pardner read this bit, yuh in fuh ah run of give and takes, just be ready, and mind you, he just might dun yuh in ah dread way. ah hope yuh could handle it.  ;D

I right here.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 13, 2011, 02:52:58 AM »
There definitely were several questionable decisions by the officials but we had enough opportunities in front of goal to win the game, couple that with the piss poor first half showing and we only have ourselves to blame.  Hopefully the players will learn from this and be stronger for the experience.

...sometimes it just really doh be that easy nuh.  These fellas is professionals, but they is professional human beings.  The officiating in this match was absolutely HORRIBLE!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2011, 07:36:26 AM »

Unless yuh offering yuh own sterling contribution as an example, I fail to see what any of this hormonal hyperventilating have to do with what I wrote.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »

Unless yuh offering yuh own sterling contribution as an example, I fail to see what any of this hormonal hyperventilating have to do with what I wrote.

listen nuh....it have enough people on here does do match reports/match updates and dey does do a rel good job....What they does write does be entertaining, vivid to the imagination, informative and most of all, accurate.  You and yuh bland, redundant lil' snippets of  :bs: don't cut it because 99% of the time you tellin' we shit we see fuh we self arready. BUT, since yuh want to take off yuh King Jackass hat and try on d "sports journalist" one, know the basics nuh.  Go and take a look at the rosters of the two teams nuh, and get yuh shit right before yuh come on here tryin' to look like yuh doin' something.  Yuh always referencing people hormones and menstruation and shit, like, dize how your faddah teach you to grow up to be a man?  dize all yuh could ever talk about?  Like is an obsession fuh you. Maybe is YOUR estrogen levels was higher than normal that yuh still cyah see the shit yuh write.  The only thing worth "adding" to this is toilet paper, so come again nuh.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2011, 09:01:05 PM »
listen nuh....it have enough people on here does do match reports/match updates and dey does do a rel good job....What they does write does be entertaining, vivid to the imagination, informative and most of all, accurate.  You and yuh bland, redundant lil' snippets of  :bs: don't cut it because 99% of the time you tellin' we shit we see fuh we self arready. BUT, since yuh want to take off yuh King Jackass hat and try on d "sports journalist" one, know the basics nuh.  Go and take a look at the rosters of the two teams nuh, and get yuh shit right before yuh come on here tryin' to look like yuh doin' something.  Yuh always referencing people hormones and menstruation and shit, like, dize how your faddah teach you to grow up to be a man?  dize all yuh could ever talk about?  Like is an obsession fuh you. Maybe is YOUR estrogen levels was higher than normal that yuh still cyah see the shit yuh write.  The only thing worth "adding" to this is toilet paper, so come again nuh.

Wait nuh... THIS is what you here bitching about??  You doh like the comments I making on a game?  Look fella make ah turn and go f**k yuhself yes.  All de time I reading your little rants with ah bemused smile on my face not knowing is bitch you really  being  ah f**king bitch, stalking man online like I f**k yuh wife or something.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

Wait nuh... THIS is what you here bitching about??  You doh like the comments I making on a game?  Look fella make ah turn and go f**k yuhself yes.  All de time I reading your little rants with ah bemused smile on my face not knowing is bitch you really  being  ah f**king bitch, stalking man online like I f**k yuh wife or something.

Asshole. go back to my ORIGINAL post to get the gist of what I was telling your dumb c**t.  The fact that I tell yuh your shit updates does be boring and bland is just a side note.  Yuh does be on here playin' mr know it all, tellin' people how chupid dey is, how dey cyah READ and yet you cyah even read yuh own bullshit.  All these "bemused smiles" is really at yourself, yuh arrogant prick.  Yuh can't even see yuh own OBVIOUS BIG mistake and cyah read between simple lines "...go and check the rosters..." yuh lil' c**t,": Adebayor couldn't POSSIBLY be in an onside OR offside position and knockin' nutting past Freidel because they on the same TEAM yuh f**kin' asshole.  If yuh want to play "reporter" and yuh does so want to play mr corrector then you hadda make sure YOUR shit is 100% correct at all times yuh f**kin' ass.  How de f**k YOU don't know that Adebayor and Freidel plain' fuh spurs TOGETHER?!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »
Asshole. go back to my ORIGINAL post to get the gist of what I was telling your dumb c**t.  The fact that I tell yuh your shit updates does be boring and bland is just a side note.  Yuh does be on here playin' mr know it all, tellin' people how chupid dey is, how dey cyah READ and yet you cyah even read yuh own bullshit.  All these "bemused smiles" is really at yourself, yuh arrogant prick.  Yuh can't even see yuh own OBVIOUS BIG mistake and cyah read between simple lines "...go and check the rosters..." yuh lil' c**t,": Adebayor couldn't POSSIBLY be in an onside OR offside position and knockin' nutting past Freidel because they on the same TEAM yuh f**kin' asshole.  If yuh want to play "reporter" and yuh does so want to play mr corrector then you hadda make sure YOUR shit is 100% correct at all times yuh f**kin' ass.  How de f**k YOU don't know that Adebayor and Freidel plain' fuh spurs TOGETHER?!

So all this drama-filled, bitchfest, fish market woman cussout, stems from me saying Brad Friedel instead of Thomas Sorensen in a stream-of-conscious post? 

Bitchassness.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 13, 2011, 11:05:52 PM »

So all this drama-filled, bitchfest, fish market woman cussout, stems from me saying Brad Friedel instead of Thomas Sorensen in a stream-of-conscious post? 

Bitchassness.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, fag. Yuh supposed to keep yuh "stream-of-conscious" ness to yuh self, fag, not come on here tryin' to play "mr update" wit yuh mis-sayings.  The cheapest jackass in the pen wouldn't mistake Brad Friedel for Thomas Sorensen, not even in their own mind. and nobody else on here would make that mistake....not without you tellin' dem how blind they is. So make sure yuh get yuh shit right, (and I mean, even the simple little things, too) before yuh coe on here wit yuh drivel.     

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke vs Besiklas JK
« Reply #409 on: December 14, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
KJ, Fuller and Jerome startin upfront. Game now start. KJ on de right and fuller on de left with jerome dead center. Pennant also get de run out.  More to come.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 14, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »
KJ in midfield

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 14, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »
fuller score in de 29th. Blouse and skirts. KJ had a nice break away a little while ago and jerome throw way point blank.
Warren N. Boucaud

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 14, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
Palacios foot need ah compass bad oui lol

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Edu make that look real easy eh.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 14, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »
Edu make that look real easy eh.

And it really isn't.  The defender correctly played towards near post to seal the angle and Edu sweep it perfectly towards the far post left of the defender.  That is what yuh call shooting!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 14, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »
So wha'iz de score?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 14, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 14, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
So wha'iz de score?
they lost 3-1

Thanks.

Damn, hard luck dey Stokes... too bad Pulis couldn't shrink the dimensions today ;D

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 14, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »
Damn, hard luck dey Stokes... too bad Pulis couldn't shrink the dimensions today ;D
They won't be too concerned, they were through before the match started and only brought 15 to Istanbul though Europa League allows 18 in the squad.  Only difference is they finish second in the group now (I don't think that matters as I believe the draw for the next round is random, not sure though).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
They won't be too concerned, they were through before the match started and only brought 15 to Istanbul though Europa League allows 18 in the squad.  Only difference is they finish second in the group now (I don't think that matters as I believe the draw for the next round is random, not sure though).

Oh okay... I thought this was the knockout round that just started.  I still sour on Stokes for the stunt they pull on Liverpool two months ago so ah hating hard.  Will support them in Europe though.

1]; } ?>