April 28, 2024, 12:17:33 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128787 times)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #420 on: December 14, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
Damn, hard luck dey Stokes... too bad Pulis couldn't shrink the dimensions today ;D
They won't be too concerned, they were through before the match started and only brought 15 to Istanbul though Europa League allows 18 in the squad.  Only difference is they finish second in the group now (I don't think that matters as I believe the draw for the next round is random, not sure though).

Oh okay... I thought this was the knockout round that just started.  I still sour on Stokes for the stunt they pull on Liverpool two months ago so ah hating hard.  Will support them in Europe though.

lol. Yuh holdin dah grudge hard boy.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »

Stoke is shit... and always will be shit  ;D

In all seriousness they right below we in de table so ah still want tuh see dem get dey ass buss in de PL.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:46:19 PM by Bakes »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 15, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »

Stoke is shit... and always will be shit  ;D

In all seriousness they right below we in de table so ah still want tuh see dem get dey ass buss in de PL.

Except if dey playing de people on top of allyuh

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 15, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
Except if dey playing de people on top of allyuh

True talk... hope they play on ah small goal pitch against City and dem others lol

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 21, 2011, 01:39:03 PM »
Jones is in the starting line-up against Man City.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
Jones is in the starting line-up against Man City.

Penis, I mean Pulis, decided to start his second team against City. A futile sweat for KJ.
Hart for president

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »
Is Kenwyn the 5th choice striker at Stoke???
Stoke vs Wigan ... Crouch and Walters started while Jerome and Fuller came off the bench.
Kenwyn's time at Stoke seems to be up...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »
Stoke vs Wigan ... Crouch and Walters started while Jerome and Fuller came off the bench.
and/or Pulis as well

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 31, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
and/or Pulis as well
I disagree. Stoke love Pulis. Big reason why they survive every year.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #429 on: March 31, 2012, 10:50:37 AM »
and/or Pulis as well
I disagree. Stoke love Pulis. Big reason why they survive every year.
Not anymore. De backlash against Pulis start long time. Maybe the board still love him, which I guess is all that matters.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:39 PM »
Anybody see the last Stoke game. I miss it too, buh ah see they get 3, but since KJ only poops down the bench, it doh have nothing to talk bout ?  ::)
If he did play, we woulda see how much he throw way, on account ah how up to standard he ain't...*insert chooking fire emoticon here*  :devil:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »
Cyar make my team: Too unprofessional
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
Anybody see the last Stoke game. I miss it too, buh ah see they get 3, but since KJ only poops down the bench, it doh have nothing to talk bout ?  ::)
If he did play, we woulda see how much he throw way, on account ah how up to standard he ain't...*insert chooking fire emoticon here*  :devil:
Stoke have the least amount of goals in all of English football right now, and average 2 shots on goal per game. Dey have de 3rd worst record since January 1st. Pulis sticking to his non-firing guns, though.

And he reportedly turn down 2 Prem team loan offers for KJ, too. So me eh know what his scene is with de man career.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »
Pulis plans summer revamp
Boss ready to offload Stoke players at the end of the season

www.skysports.com

Stoke manager Tony Pulis has revealed he is planning a shake-up of his Potters squad in the summer.

A number of players are out of contract at the Britannia Stadium at the end of the season and Pulis says he could offload them to make way for new signings.

The club have been linked with a move for Blackburn defender Martin Olsson following Rovers' relegation from the Premier League as the manager looks to freshen up his resources.

Shake-up
Pulis said: "We're going to shake it up a bit in the summer, and that means letting players leave.

"There will be one or two changes, with players out of contract and those who will not be happy at not playing.

"The important thing is that we keep pushing forward.

"The team has been successful in the Premier League. We can't let that drop off. It's finding the right balance."

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:35 AM »
please correck me if I am wrong but when KJ and walters were paired for the first portion of de season weren't stoke doing a whole lot better? So dey bring Crouch and he was supposed to make everything better but clearly it didnt. I dont want to be biased of meh countryman here but what gives? They were a leap or two better with teams like manu and chelse fraid to go down in de Britannica and all dat jazz. No body dont fraid dem no more. comments?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:56 AM »
please correck me if I am wrong but when KJ and walters were paired for the first portion of de season weren't stoke doing a whole lot better? So dey bring Crouch and he was supposed to make everything better but clearly it didnt. I dont want to be biased of meh countryman here but what gives? They were a leap or two better with teams like manu and chelse fraid to go down in de Britannica and all dat jazz. No body dont fraid dem no more. comments?

Spot on but to hear some tell it Crouch is head and shoulders better than KJ yet the team dipped when Crouchie supplanted KJ.  Is not no bias thing is simple truth, Stoke is not as formidable as they were.  Also contributing to this is the addition of Palacios who quite frankly has looked awful the times I've been able to see them and he was on the pitch.  The Jerome signing made sense because he added another dimension to their attack that was certainly lacking.  To me Fuller KJ Jerome and Walters were a good frontline for them.  Even in Europa KJ was causing teams lots of problems.  I knew Crouch wasn't going to bench given they signed him foe even more than KJ but I certainly didn't see hime becoming the favored striker especially given that the club was clearly not doing as well.  Man will fight dong my statement but I am still conviced that Crouch only continues to get work in the Prem because he is English.  He doesn't bring anything more to the teams aspiarations than KJ does.  So it goes though.  Still KJ will still find another taker, if Heskie can survive this long and Crouch could keep getting teams to bite I can't see why KJ having such a hard time.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »

Spot on but to hear some tell it Crouch is head and shoulders better than KJ yet the team dipped when Crouchie supplanted KJ.  Is not no bias thing is simple truth, Stoke is not as formidable as they were.  Also contributing to this is the addition of Palacios who quite frankly has looked awful the times I've been able to see them and he was on the pitch.  The Jerome signing made sense because he added another dimension to their attack that was certainly lacking.  To me Fuller KJ Jerome and Walters were a good frontline for them.  Even in Europa KJ was causing teams lots of problems.  I knew Crouch wasn't going to bench given they signed him foe even more than KJ but I certainly didn't see hime becoming the favored striker especially given that the club was clearly not doing as well.  Man will fight dong my statement but I am still conviced that Crouch only continues to get work in the Prem because he is English.  He doesn't bring anything more to the teams aspiarations than KJ does.  So it goes though.  Still KJ will still find another taker, if Heskie can survive this long and Crouch could keep getting teams to bite I can't see why KJ having such a hard time.

I honestly think KJ's problems lie in his supposed (lack of) effort on the field.  His body language combined with a lack of expected results don't seem to be doing him any favours.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »

I honestly think KJ's problems lie in his supposed (lack of) effort on the field.  His body language combined with a lack of expected results don't seem to be doing him any favours.

I can agree with that.  Still the performance of the team was worse, so despite his unencoraging appearance at times he was still a better fit it would seem.  It probably doesn't help the team that pennant and Pulis had a falling out at some point to causing the coach to shuffle him from the starting XI where he was entrenched.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »
I still think Crouch is a better overall player than KJ, but KJ brought more to Stoke shitty style of play. For all the money Pulis spend on an 'upgrade', Crouch only have one more goal than KJ had last season. Plus now nobody from midfield scoring or benefitting from KJ occupying defenders.

I see some rumors that Aston Villa trying to get him, though. Probably false, but who knows. KJ and Bent worked well together.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2012, 11:03:31 AM »
I still think Crouch is a better overall player than KJ, but KJ brought more to Stoke shitty style of play. For all the money Pulis spend on an 'upgrade', Crouch only have one more goal than KJ had last season. Plus now nobody from midfield scoring or benefitting from KJ occupying defenders.

I see some rumors that Aston Villa trying to get him, though. Probably false, but who knows. KJ and Bent worked well together.

That might just have legs not only for the reason you pointed out but also Heskey has been his normal non threatening self which has been far less than needed given the unerwhelming season almost concluded.  As far as being better I could never agree with that in Crouch favor as far as club football goes.  Numbers don't lie and to date his numbers are within 10ths and 100ths of a percentage better than KJ.  Don't seem like the markings of a better player in my book

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
The title of this thread rel funny, I wonder how much people will support this club when KJ leaves.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »
The title of this thread rel funny, I wonder how much people will support this club when KJ leaves.

The Sunderland forever thread still have one supporter,the Stoke forever thread will have less than that

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2012, 06:06:25 PM »

The Sunderland forever thread still have one supporter,the Stoke forever thread will have less than that

I for one done with Stoke for dam sure. Im hoping KJ leaves so I dont have to watch dis shitty team anymore. And Pulis is now a backside in my book. not an Alex Mc Clesh kinda backside or a steve bruce kinda backside but a backside non the less.good riddance.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 09, 2012, 08:25:47 PM »

I for one done with Stoke for dam sure. Im hoping KJ leaves so I dont have to watch dis shitty team anymore. And Pulis is now a backside in my book. not an Alex Mc Clesh kinda backside or a steve bruce kinda backside but a backside non the less.good riddance.
All english coaches are backsides! in case yuh didn't know. and KJ was unlucky to have played for the biggest ones.

i believe if KJ wants to improve on whats left of his game and time as a footballer, then he should go play for ah non english coach who could teach him something about being a striker..

BTW, when i say english, i meant to say any coach from the UK, including ireland. and oh yeh, take sir alex and arry off that list.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:27:59 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »
Stoke favourites to sign Owen
Convenience key for former Manchester United striker

www.skysports.com

Michael Owen is expected to complete a move to Stoke next month after being released by Manchester United.

Owen has endured an injury-hit spell at the Red Devils, making just six Premier League starts for the club in a three-year stay.

But there remains interest in the England international with Owen having shown enough to suggest he retains his goalscoring instinct if fit enough to get onto the field.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis recently admitted he is interested in Owen "along with a number of other players" and the Potters would appear to be a good fit for the 32-year-old.

Stoke is just 30 miles from the striker's Manor House Stables complex and with the former Liverpool man building an increasingly impressive reputation in the world of horse racing that could be a motivating factor.

Pulis would certainly welcome help in the goalscoring department as his side finished last season with just 36 Premier League goals - the worst record in the division.

The main stumbling block to a move would seem to be reports of tentative interest from Everton.

But with uncertainty surrounding the future of David Moyes at Goodison Park, the 2001 Ballon d'Or winner is set to opt for a move to the Britannia Stadium.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
when ah see dis thread front and center ah was hopeful that it was talkiing about KJ leaving and where he going next but alas, no such luck!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
when ah see dis thread front and center ah was hopeful that it was talkiing about KJ leaving and where he going next but alas, no such luck!

Boy KJ riding pine until dey ready to let him go
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
Rumor saying West Ham, but I hope not.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 13, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
Stoke maintain Owen interest
August 13, 2012

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1133292/stoke-city-persisting-in-bid-to-sign-michael-owen?cc=3888

By Ian Edwards

Peter Coates will continue to negotiate with Michael Owen over a potential transfer to Stoke City and insists hope of a deal to sign the former England international is not dead.

It appeared over the weekend that Owen had blighted his chances of a Premier League swansong at the Britannia Stadium when his wage demands were revealed to be around £70,000 a week.

Stoke chairman Coates last held negotiations with Owen's advisors around ten days ago, and the two parties remain "a million miles away" from a satisfactory conclusion to a transfer saga that has rumbled on since the striker left Old Trafford at the end of last season.

Coates has made it clear that the 32-year-old free agent would have to seriously re-evaluate his demands if he is to secure a deal from Tony Pulis to extend his career in the Premier League.

Rather than close all avenues of negotiation, Coates is prepared to wait until the end of the transfer window to see if the lack of suitors willing to meet Owen's demands will bring about a "reality check" for the striker.

Everton, Fulham and Stoke have all expressed an interest, and Owen has made it clear he has no intention of dropping down a level into the Championship despite a host of offers.

Stoke are willing to hand him a 12-month pay-as-you-play contract, similar to the one given to Jonathan Woodgate last season, with an incentive for a further 12-months - but it would only be worth around half of what Owen is demanding.

The club are still looking at potential ways of getting more leeway in their wage budget, with the possibility of Kenwyne Jones following Ricardo Fuller out of the Britannia Stadium.

Even then, Stoke would be reluctant to sanction high wages for Owen, who has been plagued by hamstring injuries in the last two years. Pulis has started exploring other avenues, with Jermain Defoe a potential target, but is prepared to wait for as long as it takes for Owen.

Coates has spent the last four seasons investing heavily in the transfer market to enable Pulis to keep Stoke in the Premier League, but this summer has made it clear that those levels of investment will cease.

Pulis and Coates have held several discussions about Owen and the Stoke manager is eager to add him to his playing squad as an "impact player" and to improve on his team's miserable return of 38 goals last season.

Stoke were the lowest scorers in the Premier League and Pulis is convinced that Owen, at full fitness, would make a significant improvement and provide an ideal foil for Peter Crouch.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:25 AM »

1]; } ?>