April 19, 2024, 11:16:56 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128105 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 12, 2013, 10:21:31 AM »
This man score 2 own goals.  wdf

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 12, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »
Observation is it me, or, KJ seems to wait on crosses coming into the box rather than trying to get infront his marker and attack the ball?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »
if kj had taken that early chance things might have been different...and agreed to what observer says, he has to be hungrier also with closing down defenders..seems to like being on a flat foot...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:21 PM »
Observation is it me, or, KJ seems to wait on crosses coming into the box rather than trying to get infront his marker and attack the ball?

I find so awhile now, on commented late last year, when it seemed to be a pattern

1 critcism, he probably playing to instructions, however, the lack of intensity i see- read running down man or wildness-  ( a la Walters/Crouch etc..) would not make him match fit for us. When the ball gets to KJ, good things happen, but when the other team has it, he basically don't try to win it. I think if he can up that a little, he will better serve Club & Country down the road. At times looked like he was carrying a knock and protecting it, which is ok for now.
Crouch certainly doh do no kinda running. Walters is unique to the team in that regard. Is like he doh ever get tired. That's why he never ever gets dropped. KJ do a whole lot more running and pressuring yesterday than usual. Few people will ever be Jon Walters, though.
Nah, disagree, Crouch does run down ball and thief some...not to the extent of Walters but he does.I sign on late,  after 2nd half, so maybe I missed KJ runs, but their is a thing where even on offence, Crouch et al, seems to always manage to be in a position fighting up for a ball..this was one of Stern John strengths...the times I saw, Stoke players was attacking with he ball and KJ, was not getting into position, he was waiting...when ball do come, he was only then trying to get, usually to late...He cannot/must not depend on only the set play...yet if I know he carrying a knock, i would give instructions to pick the runs..just wondering if that is the case. it just what I saw for the half up to the eventual sub. He goes all the way back in defense for the corners but hardly commits until the ball comes to him..eg. a ball fell nearby, a Lpool man hurried off a shot, KJ was closest, but didn't attempt to block, luckily the man skyed it over bars...Obviously I may have saw the bottom end...it just suggestions on how he can improve..if someone wants to perform for  90 minutes, they have to put out for 110..yuh know what I mean..again, it's not a knock down, but just a suggestion for improvement.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 15, 2013, 03:14:41 PM »
Stoke vs Palace in the FA Cup
Jones on for crouch in the 63rd minute.
Score is 0-0

Goal!! Kenwyne Jones hits a very good header to the lower right corner from the right 6 yard (aprox. 6 yards) and scores!! Stoke City now leads 1 - 0
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:16:49 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 15, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
links ?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 15, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
Stoke vs Palace in the FA Cup
Jones on for crouch in the 63rd minute.
Score is 0-0

Goal!! Kenwyne Jones hits a very good header to the lower right corner from the right 6 yard (aprox. 6 yards) and scores!! Stoke City now leads 1 - 0
dang..dem eh letting he go no-way now..anyway...Yaay KJ

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 15, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
links ?

The only links i find to today's FA cup games was a radio feed of the West Brom - QPR game
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »
http://youtu.be/JP_MLkf7_Uw

Found a vid with highlights...seems Kenwyne had a hand in all the goals

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:19 PM »
KJ made a good pass for Walters' 2nd and a nice through ball for Jerome's goal.  Good highlights.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »
John Percy ‏@John__Percy
Stoke confirm they have rejected a £3m bid from Swansea for Kenwyne Jones #scfc
Swansea playing cheap.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Stueps 3m? They trying a thing
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »
John Percy ‏@John__Percy
Swansea playing cheap.

Swansea playing smart... when yuh negotiating yuh doh start high as a buyer.  It also tells you that they not likely to pay more than the 4-4.5 that I predicted.

truetrini

« Reply #673 on: January 16, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »
I just surprised that no Chamnpionship side making a run at Crouch!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 16, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
John Percy ‏@John__Percy
Swansea playing cheap.

Swansea playing smart... when yuh negotiating yuh doh start high as a buyer.  It also tells you that they not likely to pay more than the 4-4.5 that I predicted.
That's why ah say 'playing'.

Pulis trying to get back as much of the £8m he spend as possible. They showing him they ain't bending over.

Ah watch them ask Laudrup today about KJ, and he didn't want to comment specifically but alluded to the fact that they still have 2 weeks to hammer out a hypothetical deal.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: January 17, 2013, 03:45:41 AM »
KJ eh goin no where!! mark my words.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 17, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 30, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »
Stoke City and QPR hold talks over Peter Crouch

www.skysports.com

Sky Sports sources understand that Stoke City and Queens Park Rangers are in talks over the possible transfer of Peter Crouch.

The England international has two-and-a-half years left on his current deal, having joined Stoke in 2011.

Harry Redknapp is a huge fan of the 32-year-old having previously managed him at Southampton, Portsmouth and Tottenham.

Crouch's team-mate Jamie Mackie has been linked with a potential move in the opposite direction.

Meanwhile, another striker who could be on his way out of Loftus Road is DJ Campbell as Sky Sports understands talks are ongoing with Hull City over his future.

Offline apachie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 31, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
Jonesie look like he's headed to villa...as in Aston villa...I know men was thinking villa capri in south

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
Jonesie look like he's headed to villa...as in Aston villa...I know men was thinking villa capri in south
Reports calling that move unlikely...i feel he staying put until the summer at least

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 31, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
Reports calling that move unlikely...i feel he staying put until the summer at least
Yeah, ah think they done announce that he and Crouch ain't going nowhere. QPR wanted Crouch, but wouldn't bid enough.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #681 on: February 01, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »
Stoke City signed Brek Shea today from MLS FC Dallas for $4 million pounds. Go figure.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
Stoke City signed Brek Shea today from MLS FC Dallas for $4 million pounds. Go figure.
Tony Pulis real know how to show confidence in his players  ::). Man was ready to get rid of both Jones and Crouch...smh

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 05, 2013, 11:17:40 AM »
Tony Pulis real know how to show confidence in his players  ::). Man was ready to get rid of both Jones and Crouch...smh
Maybe he preparing in case KJ bowl a Yorkie and overstay for Carnival   :devil:

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2013, 02:46:47 AM »

Its obvious happy to sell Kenwyne if the money was right but a difference of opinion on value I suspect.  Reading between the lines there was also his wages seemed to be a stumbling block.

Arry is a wheeler dealer and all he is interested in is the short term and survival and would of seen Crouch as a means to an end, add that to the fact Crouch's other half never wanted to leave London, he has played for Arry several times and 1 last big payday and I suspect it was Crouch wanting to go not Pulis wanting to sell.  The doubt where he would be at the end may of even put pay to any possible move for Kenwyne as he couldn't afford both out the door, but it won't change his preference.

This summer is the last chance to get any money for Kenwyne.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2013, 10:09:37 AM »
So Pulis could've give the fella ah weekend off, to  do some prayers and sacrifices for pan. "Oh Goooorrdddd, music sweet boy", get re-acquainted with family..." Aye, Family, come nah, ah wha talk tuh yuh"...and in true TT culture, excorsise some demons " " yuh feel I cyah wine, lemme see yuh go down so , nah..jump an wave, jump & wave "... So the man could comeback cleansed , at peace, an prepared , to finish the season focused and with a few bangs, under he belt....nah, rush him back to Sidown  on bench in the cold...chhheeeuuupppsss

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2013, 01:25:42 PM »
So Pulis could've give the fella ah weekend off, to  do some prayers and sacrifices for pan. "Oh Goooorrdddd, music sweet boy", get re-acquainted with family..." Aye, Family, come nah, ah wha talk tuh yuh"...and in true TT culture, excorsise some demons " " yuh feel I cyah wine, lemme see yuh go down so , nah..jump an wave, jump & wave "... So the man could comeback cleansed , at peace, an prepared , to finish the season focused and with a few bangs, under he belt....nah, rush him back to Sidown  on bench in the cold...chhheeeuuupppsss
:rotfl: :rotfl: Man getting paid to siddung on the cold bench eh...remember that!! Plus is only man like Yorke and Latas I does see getting away with them thing every year so

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Three strikers make worst top-10 list
« Reply #687 on: April 16, 2013, 12:00:37 PM »
Three strikers make worst top-10 list
By Martin Spinks (The Sentinel)

STOKE City's poor goalscoring record has left Jon Walters, Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones being named among the top-10 worst strikers in the Premier League this season.

The list, which is based on minutes-per-goal, has Walters third, Crouch eighth and Jones 10th.

But at least they don't fare as badly as the surprise number one, Manchester United's England striker Danny Welbeck, who has scored just one league goal in 1,204 minutes of action this term.

Walters clocks up an average of one goal every 479 minutes, but he has started 23 of his 33 league games on the right or left of midfield.

Crouch, who has only netted once in his last 26 league and cup appearances, weighs in with a goal every 384 Premier League minutes and Jones one every 345 minutes.

Between them, Walters, Crouch and Jones have bagged 14 of Stoke's 28 league goals this season.

The Opta list, which is restricted to those playing a minimum of 1,000 minutes, has West Bromwich Albion's Romelu Lukaku best placed with 13 goals in 1,548 minutes at an average of 119 minutes-per-goal.

That eclipses the Premier League's leading scorer, Liverpool's Luiz Suarez, whose 22 on target work out to 130 minutes apiece.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
At least he's not the worst.  He must be doing something right.  Allyuh see him vs Man U?  lawd help this fella.
Stoke were the lowest scoring last season and this season so far.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 16, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »
Hope these punks get relegated...the anti-football catching up with dem.  Shortening pitch to stymie man style of play.  Smh... :laugh:

1]; } ?>