March 29, 2024, 07:35:09 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127479 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke launch official investigation into Kenwyne Jones incident
« Reply #720 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:01 PM »
That is not a f^&*£!g prank and they know full well the re-action of a grown man,it was definitely planned to disrespect Jones,suppose he did land one ah dem special header on the the man face who did that shit.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 18, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »
Maybe is because its the end of a long season and a little prank was being played among the team. Some men just to big for it and KJ was a victim to it. He showed that he can't take a joke and did what he did.. So in the end... Two things came out of this 1. They know is not to make no joke with KJ and 2. The victim still will pay a fine for his reaction. So KJ might feel good that he got some sense of revenge, but in the team eyes, he is one not to mess personally with anymore.  Man talking bout the extremeness of the joke, and comparing dog shit in man head and feces on sentimental things to a pigs head in KJ locker. First of all you have to be ah punk to let men rub that shit in your hair and the feces thing, well in my opinion that's extreme. To each his own, some could take a joke others can't and very sensitive. Maybe that's KJ case. We will never know till the investigation is over.
So let me get this straight, the pig's blood over a man's personal affects is light hearted humor and should not be taken that seriously/ harsh, especially when it's a man who find's the pig in itself to be appalling, but feces on anything is over the top and extreme??

that's western logic for yuh, "it only serious when i say so".  what is joke for the child is death for the frog, but fack the frog anyway lets laugh it up.

little known facts, in africa if yuh sweep ah man's foot wid ah broom you could lose some teeth....if yuh lucky.

in iraq if yuh hit ah man with your shoes yuh could lose yuh life, in india if yuh kill ah rat or worst yet tip ah cow yuh could wind up in jail for ah while and the list goes on....... yuh get my drift.        different strokes
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:48:22 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 18, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »
Bad "joke". "Good" prank. Poor form and taste. If yuh want to prank like this, live with the consequences.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 18, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
Of all things a pig head?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 18, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
@kj9nes: Secondly i've apologised to glen whelan for the destruction of his property, for all the ppl that think I did micheal Owen's car I didn't

@kj9nes: As far as tension in the squad there's nun myself and whelan had our thrash out and he said it wasnt him so I apologised n im paying for it

Oops, wrong person, sorry Whelan for my over reaction.
It's clear you have ah beef with jones, so i wish you luck with that since the odds of you ever meeting jones or conversing with him is slim to none.

PS: if this was criss birchall who broke the windshield (ah guess not, bc only "ni****s" react with violence to playful pranks and banter. these monkeys have no sense of humor) would we even be having this discussion?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:25:27 PM by Bakes »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #725 on: May 18, 2013, 04:43:27 PM »
Stoke and dey shite side needed tuh geh relegated! To much shite football on the scene week in and week out! Jones included!

giggsy11

« Reply #726 on: May 18, 2013, 04:50:51 PM »
Jones could geh vex if he wants but tuh buss the man windscreen because taught it was him was stupid and hotheaded! There were better ways for him tuh handle that situation. And he woman should stay out of it, she not on the team or in the locker room. Hush yuh arse! Welan shoulda press charges and make him pay for dotishnessdecision/reaction!   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:24:19 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »
Jones could geh vex if he wants but tuh buss the man windshield because taught it was him was stupid and hotheaded! There were better ways for him tuh handle that situation. And he woman should stay out of it, she not on the team or in the locker room. Hush yuh arse! Welan shoulda press charges and make him pay for dotishnessdecision/reaction!   
Whelan is not totally innocent. He is the main prankster. Apparently the real story is that the pig's head was put in Etherington's locker by Whelan. Etherington tried to get even by putting it in Whelan's locker but accidentally put it in KJ's locker instead. The rest is history...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2013, 05:11:10 PM »
Trini airman I think yuh get my point about unprofessional reaction that can occur in an unprofessional setting. And one don't have to be a punk foranybody to do anything to anybody....regardless of the consequences and fall out that occur after the fact...I personally find this hazing/prank thing to foolish for big men..yet some ppl, not singling out anybody, think it's worth a good laff..for me when yuh become a man, humour  & entertainment should take a different form. Obviously millions doh make the men, even if the men make millions..each his own.. I hope K j actions serve to help the pertinent authorities contain that level of inmaturity jmo

Add: KJ should even buy whelan an a whole new car..but  bet a mistake won't happen round he again....unless, it's NOT a mistake

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 18, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
Jones could geh vex if he wants but tuh buss the man windshield because taught it was him was stupid and hotheaded! There were better ways for him tuh handle that situation. And he woman should stay out of it, she not on the team or in the locker room. Hush yuh arse! Welan shoulda press charges and make him pay for dotishnessdecision/reaction!   
Whelan is not totally innocent. He is the main prankster. Apparently the real story is that the pig's head was put in Etherington's locker by Whelan. Etherington tried to get even by putting it in Whelan's locker but accidentally put it in KJ's locker instead. The rest is history...

Don't athletes in pretty much all major sports playing for top-tiered teams in world renowned leagues like the BPL have their names tagged over their lockers?  I eh buying that "accidentally put it in KJ's locker" part....but at the same time, I eh agree with KJ's reaction....He have to be around enough to know what going on and have to expect that he is fair game as is everybody else.  I curious to know, also, if the whole issue is about the pig's blood getting on his clothes, just how much blood actually did get on his clothes.  Unless they slaughter a fresh pig on the grounds and take the blood-dripping head directly to the locker room, I am willing to bet is a butcher shop dey geh dah pig head from and that be the case, hummuch blood dem ting does really have in it? Steuwps!  And, yeah, Giggsy, KJ woman needed to keep quiet and handle she man proper when he come home from a hard day at the training grounds.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2013, 05:25:04 PM »
Ah woner if he have any friends on dat team?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:53 PM »
Must be a loner
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »
Trini airman I think yuh get my point about unprofessional reaction that can occur in an unprofessional setting. And one don't have to be a punk foranybody to do anything to anybody....regardless of the consequences and fall out that occur after the fact...I personally find this hazing/prank thing to foolish for big men..yet some ppl, not singling out anybody, think it's worth a good laff..for me when yuh become a man, humour  & entertainment should take a different form. Obviously millions doh make the men, even if the men make millions..each his own.. I hope K j actions serve to help the pertinent authorities contain that level of inmaturity jmo

Add: KJ should even buy whelan an a whole new car..but  bet a mistake won't happen round he again....unless, it's NOT a mistake

What form yuh think the humour and entertainment should take? Pranks and hazing is something does go on anywhere and everywhere. Scouts, cadets, sports teams, fraternities, sororities. the military, every where....I know some men who does work in construction does get all kindsa pranks played on them..The best way to deal with it, even if yuh doh wants no part of it is to jes laugh it orff and keep it moving.  More often than not, if something go overboard where your property is destroyed, the men responsible will jes replace your item and buy uh a drink when allyuh limin' in de bar afterward.  KJ's reaction, to me, is more suited to locker room bullying, which I highly doubt was the case. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Jon Walters wife put she mouth in ting and all. Throwing words on Twitter.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »
I willing to bet giggsy, mango chow and triniairman that if allyuh was part of a pro team, and you went to take a hot shower after a tough training session and found when you returned to you locker that all you had to wear was soiled with human excrement ( breake, jizz, semen or kaka) all over your things,

i willing to bet that allyuh would have done worst than KJ! so why is a pigs innerds any different?? its all appalling!! i knoiw if i went back to my locker and saw a ded animal on my personal affacts i would go off on who ever did it, i may not beak a windshield, but i would overreact!!

i've noticed that ppl who are quick to judge others are very sheltered and never experienced a lot in life, so they compare every one else by their standards.

the man break the fackin windshield, he did the big man thing and apologized. he's paying for it, move on ppl and get off the bredder dick nah man!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:24:01 PM by just cool »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 18, 2013, 06:37:12 PM »
Chow...because Hazing does go on all over , doh make it right, or mean you have to be subjected to anything, if you don't want to be part of. Ppl fight & die to give we that choice.  If something is wrong, and we don't want to be involved, we are free to say NO.

form Wiki
Hazing is the practice of rituals and other activities involving harassment, abuse or humiliation used as a way of initiating a person into a group. Hazing is seen in many different types of social groups, including gangs, sports teams, schools, military units, and fraternities and sororities. In the United States and Canada, hazing is often associated with Greek-letter organizations (college fraternities and sororities). Hazing is often prohibited by law and may comprise either Physical abuse (possibly violent) or psychological abuse. It may also include nudity or sexually-oriented offenses.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 18, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
They wrong to do Jones that but Jones is a bigger asshole to ASSUME who did it and break man glass, its not the cost of the glass or if he will fix it or not, its respect bro, you dont do things on assumption.

Both of them should get fine, hopefully they find he pranker.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

giggsy11

« Reply #737 on: May 18, 2013, 06:42:37 PM »
I willing to bet giggsy, mango chow and triniairman that if allyuh was part of a pro team, and you went to take a hot shower after a tough training session and found when you returned to you locker that all you had to wear was soiled with human excrement ( breake, jizz, semen or kaka) all over your things,

i willing to bet that allyuh would have done worst than KJ! so why is a pigs innerds any different?? its all appalling!! i knoiw if i went back to my locker and saw a ded animal on my personal affacts i would go off on who ever did it, i may not beak a windshield, but i would overreact!!

i've noticed that ppl who are quick to judge others are very sheltered and never experienced a lot in life, so they compare every one else by their standards.

the man break the fackin windshield, he did the big man thing and apologized. he's paying for it, move on ppl and get off the bredder dick nah man!!

Dred, you are the one overreacting and taking this thing personal and going off on all type off tangents. PTSD? Jones on a team, at United man dos cut people clothes up. Jones may not have thought it was funny but he acted like someone who is an outcast on the side and doh know how tuh handle he self in a locker room. From the time he say "I tell dem that I not into any pranking ting" he put ah bullseye on his back. So because he say he not "playin" dey suppose tuh leave him alone?  If he wasn't in it he shoulda never be posting pics of Owen's car covered in stuff. He wanna geh kicks when it happening tuh other men but doh touch he stuff!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:08:07 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 18, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
KJ overreact, plain and simple.  That is evident by the fact that he attack the wrong man property.  His reaction was both violent and disproportional to the offense.  Whatever you think of hazing, that is how them fellas does roll... is locker room pranks.  I am willing to bet it happens in every professional locker room.  KJ make himself look like ah ass by his reaction.  Yes he might have proved his point, but at what cost?  Smart money on him being pegged as a locker room cancer with any team he plays for in future, fair or not.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 18, 2013, 06:49:43 PM »

Look at where de f**k YOU goin', talkin' 'bout dog shit and semen, yuh eh see something terribly wrong with you?...and trying to compare dem to a pig's head.....Boss, I was in scouts and I was in de damned military, just like you so wha de hell yuh could tell me about pranks?!  And I can't even get started on the line of work I do now, men does pull pranks that could make men pack up dey shit and walk off of jobs if dey not "man enough"....Maybe yuh boy KJ is de one that is too sheltered and doh know how to participate in a little "esprit de corps" from time to time.  From de time man was getting eggs and flour thrown all over dey car (at the end of the damned season, no less) yuh know full well shit goin' and go down and the onus is on you to do one of three things: (1) join in de fun and ketch men slippin'. (2) pack up yuh shit right away and go home. (3) hang around, take pictures and post on twitter when other men get ketch and then act like a little sour puss ass when you get ketch....like KJ did.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 18, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Chow...because Hazing does go on all over , doh make it right, or mean you have to be subjected to anything, if you don't want to be part of. Ppl fight & die to give we that choice.  If something is wrong, and we don't want to be involved, we are free to say NO.

form Wiki
Hazing is the practice of rituals and other activities involving harassment, abuse or humiliation used as a way of initiating a person into a group. Hazing is seen in many different types of social groups, including gangs, sports teams, schools, military units, and fraternities and sororities. In the United States and Canada, hazing is often associated with Greek-letter organizations (college fraternities and sororities). Hazing is often prohibited by law and may comprise either Physical abuse (possibly violent) or psychological abuse. It may also include nudity or sexually-oriented offenses.

Maxg, this wasn't a case of hazing yuh know....this was plain and simple locker room pranks.   I agree that in the case of some of these frat houses and sororities, there have been many incidents of physical and mental torture and I know all too well how far overboard many of them have gone but that does not apply here at all. KJ did himself zero favours here, all he did was show them fellas that he cyah take a joke.  I don't think that from here on in (if he stays with this team) that they won't get past it and move on....but it just make him look to his teammates that he is an uptight, oversensitive fella.  Who knows, maybe they had already thought about him is why they may have targeted him, tryin' to loosen him up a lil' bit. 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »
In defence of KJ, we cyah assume he post that picture on kicks. It coulda be a shake head, 'look at dis foolishness' post. I does follow him on Twitter and he doh really seem to be a 'on kicks' kinda guy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:19:53 PM by Dinner Mints »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2013, 07:19:02 PM »
I hear yuh chow..but ah must admit I little bias...cause when it come to pranks I lil uptight too..to many negative examples..I more tolerating with age, but as a young man, i felt I was there to do a job, not make best friend nor enemy.  Long as I did my job well, all we was happy. I was left out the pranks...but even those was nothing like this...cause we weren't no big time Pros or nutten.
Don't get meh wrong, not saying KJ is in the right...just sayin I wouldn't say he wrong either.. For me, I definitely not giving him wrong, but again, me not in that situation, for a reason. I see the nays point, but I kinda live the yeahs point too.

giggsy11

« Reply #743 on: May 18, 2013, 07:22:24 PM »
In defence of KJ, we cyah assume he post that picture on kicks. It coulda be a shake head, 'look at dis foolishness' post. I does follow him on Twitter and he doh really seem to be a 'on kicks' kinda guy.

On kicks or not, he should have stayed out of it by not posting a pic. Another reason tuh target him.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 19, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »

English people have a real different sense of humor oui.. I might be generalizing, but by and large i think for any average man from the Caribbean is a dread scene to run up on a dead pig's head in yuh stuff. I'd start thinking blight and obeah ting, doh talk for if Kenwyne is a muslim or a religious fella well worse yet.

I don't criticize Kenwyne's overreaction in the slightest, sometimes the ole nigga hadda come out to let men know what time it is. All's well that ends well, i bet next year they know who not to come round with with that shit.

But again, that whole English football lads culture real different. Alot of what is normal kicks for them would be downright disgusting for us. I used to play for a Sunday league side over there but never went on tours with them for just that same reason.. When yuh hear them stories from tours before where man big joke is teabagging a drunk teammate, i say nah before they come round me with some shit and i hadda catch a case lemme rest that.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »
No Kenwyne, not even on the bench for Stoke's final game!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 19, 2013, 09:37:05 AM »
Oh gorm...Yuh bring back Homey, guy.  :D

Agree..not just English doh..Met some slight differences here in the Canada too. Ppl from a lot of different nationalties..I played with Greeks & italian clubs as well...and everybody have they own lil jokes. I was having none of it. Like you I avoided when i could. Does that make me, not one of the boys ? Well  1 st off, I could never be one of the guys- again I was young and of a different mindset, to make matters worse. If ppl feel they IN, cause they including yuh in the tata, yuh wrong, (by observation of others even brothers who participated, they wasn't in). 2ndly, we performed very well, won some titles,lost some. Coach was happy, management was happy. Team-mates still sought me out for consult ,advice, and collaboration, so we could do the game. Game done, they went with their friends, I went with my mostly Trini friends. We pranks at the time was more like, a pardna open a '50 (beer) bottle, when he not looking, yuh switch it an put ah Carib - yuh family just send bring yuh a case..seriously doh...that was good one..worse would be, man pass out, and yuh tootpaste or shoe polish he face..anyway, it was a long time ago, before ppl was trying to outdo what they see in movies, and each other, with negatives, like what we knew the OTHER ppl did. We wasn't playin that (funny Omar)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 19, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »
A lot of the sentiment is also anchored in the perceived value to the team.

If I am the key contributor to the team's cause and I ask my team mates to respectfully leave me out of the foolishness, i probably will be listened to and left alone.

If my team mates doh rate me or I not really contributing in their eyes, they may not necessary feel inclined to respect my wishes.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pulis is history
« Reply #749 on: May 21, 2013, 08:14:09 PM »
Too little too late.

Tony Pulis

21 May 2013 Last updated at 15:25 GMT

Facebook
    Twitter

print

Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge
Comments (967)

Manager Tony Pulis has left Stoke City by mutual consent following talks with chairman Peter Coates on Tuesday.

Pulis's future has been in doubt for some time and he has been told the club feels the time is right for him to leave after seven years in charge.

Pulis took over at Stoke in November 2002, but left at the end of the 2004-05 season.

He returned to Stoke for the 2006-07 campaign.

Division One was rebranded as the Championship for 2004-05.

The 55-year-old was appointed Potters boss for a second time in 2006, and two years later he guided the club to the top flight after a 23-year absence.

Stoke have just finished 13th in their fifth Premier League campaign.

The Potters released a brief statement saying: "Stoke City and Tony Pulis confirm that they have mutually agreed that Tony will leave the club with immediate effect."

Pulis was the subject of unrest from some fans towards the end of the season as Stoke flirted with relegation, but the Welshman stated on several occasions that Premier League survival remained the club's main objective.

Stoke made a strong start to the campaign and were just four points off the top four on 1 December. However, they only managed four league wins in 23 subsequent league matches, suffering 11 defeats.

Former England international Michael Owen, who has retired from playing after a season at Stoke, praised Pulis on Twitter, writing: "No denying he did a great job getting them to the Premier League and keeping them there."

Pulis becomes the 56th Premier or Football League manager to leave his job since the start of the 2012-13 season.

He first took over at Stoke in 2002 and stayed for three years before a season at Plymouth. He returned to the Potteries in 2006 and gained promotion to the Premier League in the second season of his second spell in charge.

Stoke never finished lower than 14th in five top-flight campaigns under Pulis and he led the club to their first FA Cup final in 2011, when they lost 1-0 to Manchester City. The defeat still offered a route into the Europa League, where Stoke were beaten in the last 32 by Spanish side Valencia.
Manager merry-go-round

When David Moyes officially leaves Everton for Manchester United, Newcastle's Alan Pardew will become the second longest-serving manager at a Premier League club - a mere two and a half years after taking charge.

During his second spell at the club, the former Bournemouth and Bristol City manager guided his side to 122 wins in 333 games.

Ahead of Stoke's 1-1 draw at Southampton on the final day of the season, Pulis expressed his desire to remain at the club next season.

Stoke's direct and physical style of football often drew criticism from other supporters and managers, and the club appear to be set to embark on a new direction, with director of football John Rudge also leaving this summer.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 08:16:51 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>