April 25, 2024, 11:05:17 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128435 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #840 on: January 12, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
So all this talk about Crouch better than KJ, that goal today was only Crouch 4th in the EPL and his fifth for the season?

Gonna go look up stats......
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 12, 2014, 11:14:29 AM »
So all this talk about Crouch better than KJ, that goal today was only Crouch 4th in the EPL and his fifth for the season?

GS   SB   G   A   SH   SG   FC   FS   YC   RC

Walters-Prem   18   0   1   2   22   8   25   32   6   0
 Crouch-Prem   14   3   3   4   24   11   15   16   3   0
Arnautovic -Prem12   1   1   1   32   6   11   8   1   0

Time to try a different combo..like
Jones-   Prem.     4   3   0   0   9   3   5   5   0   0
Pennant-Prem    0   7   1   0   1   1   2   5   0   0

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 12, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
Dem 2 totally ineffective, yet both still manage to score..just goes to show, if enuff opportunity is provided, and with enuff  time..even experienced fans can be fooled...meanwhile Liverpool 3-some looking like they could score on every forward possession

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 12, 2014, 11:59:04 AM »
This game is off the chain.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »
This game is off the chain.
must agree, especially was impressed with the pace, even on a wet pitch.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
Sturridge goal and assist... pure class

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 12, 2014, 02:54:09 PM »

GS   SB   G   A   SH   SG   FC   FS   YC   RC

Walters-Prem   18   0   1   2   22   8   25   32   6   0
 Crouch-Prem   14   3   3   4   24   11   15   16   3   0
Arnautovic -Prem12   1   1   1   32   6   11   8   1   0

Time to try a different combo..like
Jones-   Prem.     4   3   0   0   9   3   5   5   0   0
Pennant-Prem    0   7   1   0   1   1   2   5   0   0

So the justification to not play KJ is that he does not look interested?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 15, 2014, 11:58:59 AM »
Stoke sign John Guidetti and Stephen Ireland from Manchester City

www.skysports.com

Manchester City striker John Guidetti has joined Stoke on loan for the rest of the season.

The move was made possible by midfielder Stephen Ireland signing for the Potters on a permanent deal from Aston Villa.

Ireland has so far performed admirably at the Britannia Stadium, making 16 appearances under Stoke boss Mark Hughes - including nine starts - and scoring three goals.

It is the second time in their careers Ireland and Hughes have joined forces, as the 27-year-old played under the Welshman for 18 months from June 2008 to December 2009 at Manchester City.

Stoke have not revealed the length of Ireland's contract, but Stoke boss Mark Hughes said: "Stephen is a talented footballer and has shown what he's capable of since he joined us.

"We're delighted to have made his switch a permanent arrangement as it also gives us the opportunity to bring in another player on loan if necessary."

Guidetti, 21, joined City at the age of 16 but his career has been held up by injuries and illness.

He has appeared twice on the City bench this season but the club feel he would benefit from having greater opportunities elsewhere.

Hughes told the club's website: "We wanted to try and add different options to our attacking threat and John will certainly do that.

"He's someone who if you get him in the right areas will make the most of opportunities that come his way because he's a natural goal-scorer.

"There were several clubs who were interested in taking him on loan and we're delighted that he has chosen to join us."

The Potters have Liverpool's Oussama Assaidi as their other permitted loanee.

Guidetti said: "It's a dream for me to be honest, because I have always wanted to play in the Premier League, which is in my opinion, the toughest and most demanding league in the world.

"It's going to be a real challenge for me, but I have trained with the first-team players at Manchester City for a long time now, so I feel I am ready for this opportunity.

"It has been a mentally challenging time for me over the past year or so, but in times like that you are really challenged, and I feel I have come through everything pretty well.

"Now though, I am just itching to get back on the pitch and scoring goals because there is no better feeling in the world than hitting the back of the net in front of thousands of supporters."

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 15, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
Juan Agudelo claims Stoke deal

www.skysports.com

American international striker Juan Agudelo claims he has signed for Stoke City and is now set to go out on loan.

Stoke originally signed Agudelo last summer on a pre-contract from MLS side New England Revolution ahead of a move in January - but in November he was denied a work permit.

Stoke have signed Agudelo anyway, though, confident they can win the 21-year-old a permit in March when they can reapply. They will now loan him out to a club in Europe where there are less restrictions.

The player Tweeted on Tuesday evening: "There's no other club that has supported and believed in me like @stokecity FC has. #SignedToday - 6 month loan imminent."

Agudelo's announcement came just hours after Stoke finalised the permanent capture of Stephen Ireland from Aston Villa and a loan move for Manchester City forward John Guidetti.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 15, 2014, 02:16:53 PM »
Nothing should be blocking a KJ move now

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 15, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
Over the top, one way or another.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 19, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
Juan Agudelo announces Utrecht loan

U.S. international Juan Agudelo has announced that he is joining Eredivisie side FC Utrecht on loan.

Agudelo, 21, said he had completed his move to Stoke City last week but he is unable to play for the Premier League club as he has been unable to secure a work permit.

As ESPN FC reported on Friday, the Colombian-born forward will now head to Utrecht for the remainder of the season as Stoke aim to secure a permit that will allow him to represent the club next season.

Agudelo scored seven goals last season for the New England Revolution after a midseason move from Chivas USA.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »
Stoke just released Pennant.... Hopefully Jones is to follow  :praying:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 26, 2014, 06:36:43 AM »
Zaha and Jones set for Cardiff

www.skysports.com

Sky sources understand Wilifried Zaha and Kenwyne Jones are at St George's Park for medicals ahead of their proposed moves to Cardiff City.

It is understood that England Under-21 winger Zaha will join Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side on loan for the remainder of the season for a fee in the region of £1.5million.

The 21-year-old has been restricted to just four appearances for United this season, one of which came in the Community Shield win over Wigan.

A move to south Wales would allow the former Crystal Palace man some much needed regular first-team action.

With Theo Walcott ruled out of the World Cup later this year, Zaha will no doubt hope to catch the eye of England manager Roy Hodgson during his loan spell at Cardiff.

Meanwhile, Stoke striker Jones is set to join Cardiff in a swap deal that will see Nigeria international Peter Odemwingie move the other way.

Jones was fined and dropped earlier this month after sending a text message to Mark Hughes the night before Stoke's 5-3 home Premier League defeat to Liverpool on January 12 saying he was not available to play.

Speaking to Sky Sports News upon arrival at St George's Park, Jones said: "Of course (I'm excited about the move).

"It's playing football so I'm really happy to go and try and help Cardiff City stay in the Premier League."

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 26, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
I glad for KJ eh. But oh Gorm, let we not do annuda forever thread..a bey we don don , papa yo (mais voyons donc - en Quebec)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:32:17 PM by maxg »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 27, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »
Union acquire Maurice Edu

Maurice Edu is following Michael Bradley and Clint Dempsey back to Major League Soccer.

The Philadelphia Union said Monday they had acquired the 27-year-old American midfielder from Stoke of England's Premier League and have an option to purchase his rights.

A source has told ESPNFC.com's Jeff Carlisle that Edu would make in the "mid six figures," a considerable reduction from the $1.5 million that Edu's representatives were initially seeking. That hefty demand had at one point threatened to scuttle the deal, but the two sides were eventually able to agree to terms.

A member of the 2010 U.S. World Cup team who has 45 international appearances, Edu will be a designated player whose salary counts only partially against the cap.

“As a U.S. international with experience playing against some of the best competition in the world, Maurice adds a wealth of knowledge, skill and leadership to our club while still being in his prime,” Union manager John Hackworth said in a statement.

“We think he will be an excellent addition to our squad and we are very excited to have him return to MLS and represent the Philadelphia Union.”

The MLS Rookie of the Year in 2007 with Toronto, Edu transferred to Scotland's Glasgow Rangers in August 2008.

He moved to Stoke in August 2012 but made just one appearance, as an 80th-minute substitute against Liverpool that Oct. 7. He had about a dozen appearances for Turkey's Bursaspor during a loan in 2012-13.

Brek Shea, another American midfielder with little playing time at Stoke, was loaned to Barnsley of the second-tier League Championship on Jan. 1.

Dempsey left Tottenham and returned to MLS with Seattle last summer, and Toronto acquired Bradley from Roma this month.

Dempsey is currently on loan to Fulham of the Premier League.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:36 PM »
But what de arse is this... just to stoke the flames some more...  ;D

Look Odemwingie starting up top with Crouch.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #857 on: January 29, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »

Lol, he take Jon Walters' role, though. Ain't nothing too crazy in that.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 29, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

Lol, he take Jon Walters' role, though. Ain't nothing too crazy in that.

and just to try ah ting, or drive the man mad..Hughes throw on Guidetti in the 90 th minute...nothing to lose, cause done lost.. Yeah think given the Guidetti comments, he go be happy with that....ok...time to bring anudda ManU ex in..lawd, Hughes boy...ah sorry

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 01, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
Stoke lead 2-1 against Manchester United in the 70th minute. Two goals by former Liverpool man Adam!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 01, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
Wdmc
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 01, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »
FT Stoke 2 ManUtd 1

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 23, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »
Stoke beats Aston villa 4-1 and moves into the top 10... Swap deal seems to have worked well for dem.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 27, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
KJ neck must be real strong all now.

Ivica Olic Hesitant To Join Stoke City For Fear Of Long-Ball Tactics Hurting His Neck
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/187241/ivica-olic-hesitant-to-join-stoke-city-for-fear-of-long-ball-tactics-hurting-his-neck.html

Supposed long-term Stoke City target Ivica Olic has joked (presumably) that he is hesitant to join the club for fear of suffering a neck injury caused by their long-ball tactics.

Croatian veteran Olic, currently of Wolfsburg but out of contract at the end of the season, apparently met with Stoke boss Mark Hughes to discuss a potential move to the Britannia, but felt he needed to voice concerns over the club’s supposedly rudimentary style of play.

Speaking to Croatian paper Jutarnji List, Olic said:

“When I had a conversation with Mark Hughes I told him ‘My neck will hurt with all those long balls you play’. He said they’re not playing that way, [that they] want to play European football.

“I haven’t yet decided, although I’d like [to move to] Old Trafford and Anfield – but Wolfsburg wants me to stay and I haven’t excluded that.”

Now, Hughes has done his level best to re-cast Stoke during his short time in charge, steering his side away from the agricultural chuckball that permeated the Pulis/Delap era.

Stoke is changing.

1]; } ?>