March 28, 2024, 03:30:26 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127439 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones under pressure, says Tony Pulis
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »
Ah feel yuh go ketch plenty fish with dis one breds!
:beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones under pressure, says Tony Pulis
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »
steups...ah get ketch

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »
lol...and merged

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 02, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »
Stoke now buss up Chelsea net nine minutes into it. Walters cut in from de outside and whack. Good goal. Ah cya back chelsea today. GO STOKE CITY!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 02, 2011, 09:05:30 AM »
1-1 second start bck.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 02, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
stoke very unlucky not to have scored second. 2 off de crossbar. pointblank saves from Chec. Stoke ballin. Really!
Warren N. Boucaud

giggsy11

« Reply #246 on: April 02, 2011, 09:59:44 AM »
Well done Stoke; special mention to Jones!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 02, 2011, 10:00:01 AM »
remarkable display of will and grit by stoke. Great game overall. TnT have to play KJ to his strengths. Stoke city's coach seems to get the best out of him. 1-1 final score.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 02, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »
Tremendous game by Kenwyne... earned every pence of salary today, although the official stats won't reflect it.  Halfway thru the first half I was still cussing his every move under mih breath... but then something clicked within him and he gave Terry and Luiz all they could handle.  He was dominant in the air, held up possession well, in fact looked like he was toying with boys with the ball at his feet and his back to the goal.  He had some very nice lay off passes to team mates, and had one or two decent efforts himself.  I'm still no longer a fan, but proud of what I saw on the pitch today.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:32 PM »
Tremendous game by Kenwyne... earned every pence of salary today, although the official stats won't reflect it.  Halfway thru the first half I was still cussing his every move under mih breath... but then something clicked within him and he gave Terry and Luiz all they could handle.  He was dominant in the air, held up possession well, in fact looked like he was toying with boys with the ball at his feet and his back to the goal.  He had some very nice lay off passes to team mates, and had one or two decent efforts himself.  I'm still no longer a fan, but proud of what I saw on the pitch today.

Yeah yuh know it is one of his "unplayable" days when he running at and beating defenders. It's a pity he did not get a goal for his efforts. Keep it up Kenwyne!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2011, 03:30:15 PM »

Yeah yuh know it is one of his "unplayable" days when he running at and beating defenders. It's a pity he did not get a goal for his efforts. Keep it up Kenwyne!

He came close twice... once when he turn Terry inside out only to snatch the shot wide left as he was falling down.  The second was on (relatively) free header which he tamely put wide.  But de man look dangerous whole day.  When they start off rating him I was like "steups... dem could f**king exaggerate boy... de man hardly touch the ball and is ah setta a 'impossible to handle' talk".  As the game wore on so did the praises... and like ah say, even ah diehard critic like me had to sit back and marvel.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2011, 05:53:31 PM »
Hi Bakes- I agree with you and like you I saw KJ make some big men look like boys.
 The man played to his strength today and was a handful. If we can find a forward with speed then KJ can be the provider- Brazil here we come.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
Hi Bakes- I agree with you and like you I saw KJ make some big men look like boys.
 The man played to his strength today and was a handful. If we can find a forward with speed then KJ can be the provider- Brazil here we come.

All Fools Day is over friend! Lets get back serious nah?!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
ah feel KJ take ah beating on dis board because of his seeming poor performance in de TnT colors. However I would like people to remember that Dwight Yorke, probably our most celebrated son of the soil(football wise) didnt contribute that much either in terms of goal tally. If dat is de measuring stick then Stern john is de hero. Wasn't dwight's problem the same as KJ and didnt Stern suffer similarly after his long stint in England. Anybody remember Stern in Eldo? Taking on people and kicking from half line? England does seem to turn a guy into a tunnel vision player. Maybe we should have played Yorkie differently. Use him to draw defenders before lettin off to the free-er man. Between Yorke and Latas gettin double and triple teamed dat shoulda be at least 4-6 defenders distracted and not marking we other players if even for seconds. Food for thought. Hopefully we can play KJ to his strengths because he does what he does very well. Stop trying to make him Berbatov he is KJ.

any thoughts?

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »

KJ is notorious for playing his socks off against the Chelsea's, ManUres, and Arsenal's. Is the other 32 games of the year does get people vex...Anyway here's wishing is the start of a good spell. Sounds like he needs it...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline stickytingo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2011, 06:13:28 AM »
How many goals does KJ have this season?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »

Kenwynne played well, definitely should be praised for his performance today.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2011, 10:59:21 PM »
remarkable display of will and grit by stoke. Great game overall. TnT have to play KJ to his strengths. Stoke city's coach seems to get the best out of him. 1-1 final score.

So if he play sh*t for the next two games or so wha yuh go say?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2011, 07:21:23 AM »
How many goals does KJ have this season?
5 in the league, 2 in the league cup ... hopefully he can still make double digits for the season.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »

So if he play sh*t for the next two games or so wha yuh go say?

well actually i've seen his last 2 games which by the way were not against chelsea, manu or Arsenal and the will and grit have been present then as well. Maybe its a new dimension to KJ. He aint scorin shit but de crowd applaudes his every touch because de boy playing hard -er than usual. If he continues to play this way im not sure they will care if he scoring goals. (forgive my starry-eyedness) strikers must score goals. I can't wait for the next Stoke game. It's becoming a pleasure watching the fella.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2011, 05:46:14 AM »
Cya believe Stoke play such a big team like Hotspurs, put in a lot of fight and aint get a little love on the forum. Any how, ah just done see the game and KJ continues to increase in confidence as can be seen by his runs and play off the ball and now also his play on the ball. Wondrous goal and a descent cracker after that as well as some descent runs up the line. Can you believe it.  Stoke is playing some strong man football with a twist of stealthiness. Cheers to them and most of all Cheers to KJ on another good performance.
Warren N. Boucaud

giggsy11

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »
Jones scored a sweet goal. Reminds me of the volley I scored in small goal on the beach; wonderous strike probably will not able to repeat it again if I had a 100 chances!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2011, 08:30:18 AM »
I post that goal on my facebook page.  Very nice left-footed shot.  As a fellow righty, I find it hard to hit a left-footed shot without that sweet curl like what KJ put on it there.  Makes it real difficult for the keeper.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke vs Bolton FA Cup
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2011, 08:32:27 AM »
Sunday, April 17
Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City
Wembley Stadium
Kick-off: 16.00 BST.
TV: ESPN
Bolton manager Owen Coyle will make one enforced change for the FA Cup semi-final against Stoke on Sunday at Wembley as on-loan striker Daniel Sturridge is ineligible.
Rodrigo and Ivan Klasnic are among the contenders to replace Sturridge, who scored a brace in the victory against West Ham last weekend.
Midfielder Mark Davies is expected to be included in the squad after returning to training following an ankle problem.
Stuart Holden, Sean Davis and Sam Ricketts remain sidelined through injury.
Denmark goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen will be recalled for Stoke.
Manager Tony Pulis has opted to stick with Sorensen instead of Asmir Begovic as he has been a regular in previous rounds.
Striker John Carew could come into contention following a four-match absence with a back problem.
Stoke, who go into the clash on the back of a 3-2 defeat by Tottenham in the Premier League, will be captained by central defender Ryan Shawcross.
Share:   

FA Cup
Sport »
Football »
Bolton Wanderers »
Stoke City »
IN FOOTBALL

FA Cup quarter-final action

Follow Telegraph Sport on Twitter

BOLTON 0 STOKE 0 (Kick off 16:00)

15:08: Would you like to know today's starting line-ups? Of course you would. Here you are:

Primed: Owen Coyle has the chance to take his Bolton Wanderers side to the FA Cup final
Bolton: Jaaskelainen, Steinsson, Cahill, Knight, Robinson, Lee, Elmander, Muamba, Petrov, Davies, Klasnic
Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Pennant, Delap, Whelan, Etherington, Jones, Walters
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
go stoke!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
JONES SCORE!!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
boom bang...kenwyne just score, 3-0 stoke

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2011, 10:54:55 AM »
stoke leading 5 nil in de 90th
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
KJ eh good, allyuh see the miskick from just outside de 6?    :devil:
Good goal and a good Stoke performance.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
What a remarkable Semis. To think the commentator painted this as the ugly sister to United vs Man city yesterday. well. Man City better know what they doing because this stoke team lookin for blood. I can't believe the zeal this coach is able to instill in these players. De coach is a boss and should be recognized this year as good up and coming. Way to Go Stoke. BTW ah aint see the last 2 goals so ah waitin for de replay tomorrow.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>