March 28, 2024, 02:42:37 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127417 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQaOfSI-a5U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQaOfSI-a5U</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
Respect Tallman :beermug:

Some boss goals were scored. Go Stoke!!!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQaOfSI-a5U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQaOfSI-a5U</a>

Give Thanks dey Ras but I like to take it in in real time though it wont be live this time. But yuh was quick on de draw as always.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolton fan has no regrets after leaving job in Oz to watch 5-0 defeat
« Reply #273 on: April 19, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »
By Peter Smith (The Sentinel)

​BOLTON fan Ian Wagstaff insists he has no regrets after giving up a £38,500-a-year job in Australia to travel across the world for his side’s doomed FA Cup semi-final against Stoke.

The sheet metal worker handed in his resignation after being told he could not take time off from work in Brisbane to make it back for the Wembley showdown on Sunday.

The 50-year-old served four weeks’ notice and spent more than £1,000 to take his seat at the big match... only to see the Potters romp home to a 5-0 victory.

But Wagstaff, who has lived Down Under for 23 years, said: “I’m devastated, but I wouldn’t change anything – apart from the result.

“It was great to see the smaller clubs like Bolton and Stoke take pride of place on such a big occasion, even if we did have to see our team get played off the park.

“The atmosphere was electric and the Stoke fans were superb, I really hope they can go on and finish the job to lift the cup against Manchester City. Good luck to them.”

Wagstaff last went to watch Bolton in 1994 at Burnden Park and he had never even been to the Reebok Stadium, which opened in 1997 when he decided to make the 10,500-mile trip.

The father-of-three was determined to witness The Trotters reach their first FA Cup final since 1958, when they beat Manchester United 2-0 thanks to goals from Nat Lofthouse.

He is now planning to take in his first top-flight match before returning to his home and family in Australia in two months’ time to begin the hunt for a new job.

“I’ve been a Bolton fan all my life and watched them in every division apart from the Premier League,” said Wagstaff, who follows his club via the internet.

“When we reach the semi, I told my boss I wanted to go, but he said we were too busy. I told him I was going anyway.

“I just saw it as pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I could not miss it. I have no regrets at all.

“Still, I hope and dream that I don’t have to wait another 53 years to see Wanderers in an FA Cup final, I don’t think I will be around to see them then.”

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton fan has no regrets after leaving job in Oz to watch 5-0 defeat
« Reply #274 on: April 19, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
By Peter Smith (The Sentinel)

​BOLTON fan Ian Wagstaff insists he has no regrets after giving up a £38,500-a-year job in Australia to travel across the world for his side’s doomed FA Cup semi-final against Stoke.

The sheet metal worker handed in his resignation after being told he could not take time off from work in Brisbane to make it back for the Wembley showdown on Sunday.

The 50-year-old served four weeks’ notice and spent more than £1,000 to take his seat at the big match... only to see the Potters romp home to a 5-0 victory.

But Wagstaff, who has lived Down Under for 23 years, said: “I’m devastated, but I wouldn’t change anything – apart from the result.

“It was great to see the smaller clubs like Bolton and Stoke take pride of place on such a big occasion, even if we did have to see our team get played off the park.

“The atmosphere was electric and the Stoke fans were superb, I really hope they can go on and finish the job to lift the cup against Manchester City. Good luck to them.”

Wagstaff last went to watch Bolton in 1994 at Burnden Park and he had never even been to the Reebok Stadium, which opened in 1997 when he decided to make the 10,500-mile trip.

The father-of-three was determined to witness The Trotters reach their first FA Cup final since 1958, when they beat Manchester United 2-0 thanks to goals from Nat Lofthouse.

He is now planning to take in his first top-flight match before returning to his home and family in Australia in two months’ time to begin the hunt for a new job.

“I’ve been a Bolton fan all my life and watched them in every division apart from the Premier League,” said Wagstaff, who follows his club via the internet.

“When we reach the semi, I told my boss I wanted to go, but he said we were too busy. I told him I was going anyway.

“I just saw it as pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I could not miss it. I have no regrets at all.
“Still, I hope and dream that I don’t have to wait another 53 years to see Wanderers in an FA Cup final, I don’t think I will be around to see them then.”

Big-up to him, a true fan and supporter!

I know a lot of people who was prepared to do similar to see T&T in the 2006 World Cup in Germany as they not sure to see lightening striking the same place twice in their lifetime with that lot in the TTFF in charge of our football!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
aston villa vs stoke ***spoiler****
« Reply #275 on: April 23, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
KJ buss up de net. 23-26th min. nice header.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 23, 2011, 11:28:05 AM »
That's 3 goals in 3 games! Now I am seeing a sense of purpose in his play, running in the spaces, tackling, fighting for position etc...Glad for him.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 23, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
big up to kenwyne for his permformances of late....
we always knew is his consistency needs work...
lets hope he can hold this run till the end of season and bring home the FA cup

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
his ground play didnt look too shabby either. He lookin like he almost enjoying the ball at his feet. Controversial go have a bowl full of words to eat by next week.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »
<a href="http://video.rutube.ru/cdba3475319309a0ed51137589b9c6a8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://video.rutube.ru/cdba3475319309a0ed51137589b9c6a8</a>

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2011, 07:25:18 PM »
Great goal.  On the up swing.  Jones to Barca or Real 2012
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2011, 09:31:05 PM »
Great goal.  On the up swing.  Jones to Barca or Real 2012
Whey boy like yuh drinking tonite :beermug:

Yes good goal, I watched the first half. He played solid, still needs a little polishing up receiving the ball out of the air as the target man but that's not easy when defenders breathing down yuh back. His contributions were worth it as he played with effort, keep it up KJ!!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »
Man on fire

Goal! Stoke City 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0. Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City) header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jermaine Pennant with a cross.

Four on the trot!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
hope d otto pfister syndrome continue till d end of the season and into next :beermug:

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Man on fire

Goal! Stoke City 1, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0. Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City) header from the centre of the box to the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jermaine Pennant with a cross.

Four on the trot!

Wham?! Jones cah score more than one goal in a match?  :devil:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »
Jones had a one on one and his touch let him down badly.  I actually see him hit a man a nice chest pass in traffic for a shooting chance.  I see him make a lot of good passes in the highlights.  Keep it up and work on the first touch.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xiffkp_stoke-1-0-wolves-jones_sport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xiffkp_stoke-1-0-wolves-jones_sport</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
Dis boy in fire :flamethrower:...Preacher I might have to take back meh words, it might be Barca or Real in trute ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »
now if only he can play like that more often, one can only hope
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »
Controversial yuh go need some peppersauce or will ketchup do for dem words yuh have to eat. De man is on the up trend. and for those who say de man can only play good against chelsea and Manu. Well it have some chutney if yuh doh like ketchup.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
He's a shit snake! ;D

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
He's a shit snake! ;D

Done know, not EPL material at all, a total of only what 11 goals for de season, all yuh geh serious nah man  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
When he start scoring for T&T call me  :sleepy:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
When he start scoring for T&T call me  :sleepy:

...or giving a shit about Socawarrior fans for that matter.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »
Ah think Stoke just up they chances of ah tie, maybe even ah win with this three
Gudjohnsen, Pennant(ah like he), Wilson..if KJ get on the field, Pennant & Gud go find him, and even if he not in the mood, dem could score too
;)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:21 PM »
Dis boy in fire :flamethrower:...Preacher I might have to take back meh words, it might be Barca or Real in trute ;D

I tell yuh .... A goal a game he could play anywhere.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2011, 07:31:30 AM »
I turned on the game late and hear the commentator say 'jones is continuing his great form , he has been simply unplayable'
Big Up KJ keep playing d football

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke City vs Arsenal spoiler
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »
Apart from KJ's god run and as seemingly ugly as stoke city's football is (reportedly) stoke city is playing very good football. As in close knit football. Red Antz kinda football. one for all kinda football and well KJ has only gotten better as he arose from his slump. Forget his goals but his ground play has improved by leaps and bounds. I see de man make a tru pass and well. Turning into a real class act KJ is becoming. 2-0 Stoke city up and now it is left to be seen if Assenal can come back from this beatout dey gettin.

Go stoke city.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
<a href="http://www.goal4replay.net/videoEmbedLa.swf?ID=S54505&amp;MediaID=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.goal4replay.net/videoEmbedLa.swf?ID=S54505&amp;MediaID=1</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2011, 07:00:17 PM »
Ah didnt realize before and maybe is because I did miss de bacaanal Bakes talking bout whey KJ dis somebody but trust meh KJ dont get no love and as a result.. Stoke City doh get no love. Imagine Stoke Pong up a big club like asernal in dey head yesterday and de thread cya even see a lil congratulatory effort from us? Are we so upset with KJ dat most times is only a few members can take de time to say well done? And let de man come and doh play wid heart for TNT yuh go see how much KJ attention go be moving around. Everybody have who dey does support but Sunderland thread does get more love and we dont have no native sons their anymore. Well i am a waggonist who supports all RWB players. Even Stern John. So I say Long live King John and I sincerely hope that I will be saying the same about KJ in time to come.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>