April 19, 2024, 07:16:06 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128131 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #450 on: August 17, 2012, 06:11:17 AM »
Lambert likes Defoe & Jones
Villa manager waiting to see if moves materialise

www.skysports.com

Paul Lambert has admitted he is an admirer of Jermain Defoe and Kenwyne Jones as he looks to bolster his squad further before the end of the month.

The Aston Villa manager has been linked with a move for another striker and Tottenham's Defoe is believed to be on his radar, along with Jones of Stoke.

But Lambert says it is a case of "wait and see" in terms of whether either will be heading to Villa Park.

When asked if he was interested in the pair, Lambert said: "You are talking about two really good players, different types of players there.

"I think a club this size will always be linked with players of that ilk.

"I don't think you ever stop looking for players. You have always got to try and improve.

"Whether they come in or not, we will have to wait and see but any manager will tell you, you are always going to look for players."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 17, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
This would be a nice move for jonsey, i sure bent has something to do with this.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 17, 2012, 10:23:12 AM »
This would be a nice move for jonsey, i sure bent has something to do with this.

That would be a great look indeed.  I hope it materializes as he clearly doesn't have any place at stoke even though Crouch only marginally improves the side if anything.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »
Bent would welcome duo
Skysports.com

Striker hails 'fantastic' Defoe and Jones

Darren Bent claims he would relish the competition should manager Paul Lambert reinforce his striking options at Aston Villa and would welcome the arrival of Jermain Defoe and Kenwyne Jones.

The Midlanders have been linked with both Tottenham frontman Defoe and Stoke striker Jones after Villa forward Gabriel Agbonlahor picked up a knee injury in pre-season.

Bent believes Lambert still has decent options at his disposal in Nathan Delfouneso and Andreas Weimann, but feels any new additions would only benefit the club.

Competition

The striker, who has played alongside Jones at Sunderland and Defoe in the England set-up and at Spurs, told Sky Sports: "Competition is always good.

"We've still got some fantastic strikers at the club. Gabby is injured, Weimann came in did and really well, Nathan Delfouneso looks like he's ready to peak and it's his time.

"If the manager decides he wants to bring someone else in as well, it's only going to help Aston Villafootball club."

The striker added: "Defoe is a top international striker. He's a great finisher, he can score goals and make goals for himself. He'd be a fantastic addition.

"I've played with Kenywyne Jones before and he's a fantastic striker on his day. He's up there with the best of them.

"If we can get any of them two as well, it's going to be a welcome addition to the football club.

"I've played with both as well, that always helps. So I'm sure the manager has got someone in mind."

Bent is keen to impress with Villa this season in hope of winning back his place in the England squad after he failed to recover in time from an ankle ligament injury to be chosen by new head coach Roy Hodgson for Euro 2012.

Focus

He said: "It was hard to watch but I was supporting everyone again. I wanted them to do well in the tournament and it's unfortunate they went out on penalties again but I was watching as a fan and hoping we were going to win.

"All I can do now is concentrate on my club form. That's all I can do really.

"If I score goals for Villa and we play well and win games it's only going to help me get back into that England squad."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:27 AM »
Stoke please sell Kenwyn this week if you are not going to play him!!!!!!!  :praying:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Stoke please sell Kenwyn this week if you are not going to play him!!!!!!!  :praying:

The man rotting away on that bench.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2012, 10:24:01 AM »

kenwyne jones ‏@KJ9nes
#clarity
11:06 AM - 26 Aug 12 via Twitter for Android
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:27:24 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 26, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
Man, they take Croch (no miss spelling) off and bring on Shotton whereas the other 2 subs were like for like. One can make the case that he (Pulis) wanted to secure the point but if you are at home, and even with a side like Arsenal, I would think any coach would go for the win and replace a fwd with a fwd.

It tells me that KJ will not be a Stoke player come Aug. 31st. If he is, I will be surprise!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2012, 11:19:23 AM »
second division looks a likely bet at this point ..better you play every week than sit and watch.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
second division looks a likely bet at this point ..better you play every week than sit and watch.

He not going to do that.

It is much harder to go down a division and then try to come back up with yuh new team, another team or being bought from the Championship division.

If yuh in the premiership yuh want to stay there bench and all.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 27, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
He'll get a run in the cup game tomorrow. Better bring his 'A' game. Then he could either a) prove he deserve to start or b) make himself look nicer in the shop window.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 27, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
He'll get a run in the cup game tomorrow. Better bring his 'A' game. Then he could either a) prove he deserve to start or b) make himself look nicer in the shop window.
I was thinking that he would play in that cup game tomorrow also.... but if he doesn't then know that Stoke are working on a deal to get rid of him.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 27, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »
I was thinking that he would play in that cup game tomorrow also.... but if he doesn't then know that Stoke are working on a deal to get rid of him.
Come on guys, isn't it obvious that the man is on the auction block ??

the league started and he is not used in any of the games, IMO that spells "on your way out". given that lambert wants him, and villa had not been able to score goals with their lousy start to the season,we could see a bid coming in fopr him in the next few days.

looks like pullis wants back up in the front row before he sells, and as long as he gets it (micheal owen) then KJ would be on his merry way.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 27, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
Looks like Lambert wasn't that interested after all
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1144415/aston-villa-to-bolster-with-striker-christian-benteke?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

Benteke, 21, has been linked with a move to Fulham in recent weeks, but a £4 million offer from Villa looks set to clinch his signature and the Belgium international will be charged with forming a potent scoring partnership with Darren Bent.

The forward fired 16 goals for Genk last season and has already been on target in the opening few weeks of this new campaign, with his arrival at Villa Park set to be a huge boost to Lambert after a difficult start to his reign has seen him lose his first two games in charge against West Ham and Everton.

Despite that poor start, the new Villa boss is refusing to hit the panic button and after signing Ron Vlaar and midfield player Karim El Ahmadi from Feyenoord and Matt Lowton from Sheffield United already, the Benteke deal confirms he is being given healthy financial support from Villa chairman Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner

"There's not a magic wand in this job, but we have got to win games and if we don't do that then clearly it becomes a problem," Lambert said. "We will not have a quick fix, but it's something where you don't want to be left behind. However, I have to say the chairman and Paul (Faulkner) have been great in their support."

Next on Villa's shopping list is a new left back and Ipswich's Aaron Cresswell is on Lambert's radar, with Stephen Warnock's future at the club increasingly uncertain. "There are few [left backs] out there I'd be interested in," Lambert told ESPN. "I can't talk about anyone else's players but there's a few. Cresswell? He's one of about 54 I'm looking at."

The Benteke deal will take chairman Lerner's investment in Villa to well over £250m since his arrival at the club in 2006 and despite negative publicity in some sections of the media of late, this latest addition is evidence of the American owner's continued commitment to the midlands club.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 28, 2012, 04:59:44 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1144415/aston-villa-to-bolster-with-striker-christian-benteke?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

Benteke, 21, has been linked with a move to Fulham in recent weeks, but a £4 million offer from Villa looks set to clinch his signature and the Belgium international will be charged with forming a potent scoring partnership with Darren Bent.

The forward fired 16 goals for Genk last season and has already been on target in the opening few weeks of this new campaign, with his arrival at Villa Park set to be a huge boost to Lambert after a difficult start to his reign has seen him lose his first two games in charge against West Ham and Everton.

Despite that poor start, the new Villa boss is refusing to hit the panic button and after signing Ron Vlaar and midfield player Karim El Ahmadi from Feyenoord and Matt Lowton from Sheffield United already, the Benteke deal confirms he is being given healthy financial support from Villa chairman Randy Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner

"There's not a magic wand in this job, but we have got to win games and if we don't do that then clearly it becomes a problem," Lambert said. "We will not have a quick fix, but it's something where you don't want to be left behind. However, I have to say the chairman and Paul (Faulkner) have been great in their support."

Next on Villa's shopping list is a new left back and Ipswich's Aaron Cresswell is on Lambert's radar, with Stephen Warnock's future at the club increasingly uncertain. "There are few [left backs] out there I'd be interested in," Lambert told ESPN. "I can't talk about anyone else's players but there's a few. Cresswell? He's one of about 54 I'm looking at."

The Benteke deal will take chairman Lerner's investment in Villa to well over £250m since his arrival at the club in 2006 and despite negative publicity in some sections of the media of late, this latest addition is evidence of the American owner's continued commitment to the midlands club.
Bid rejected. Villa in a mess.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 28, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »
Jones is starting for Stoke in the Capital One Cup vs Swindon which is about to get on the way...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:02 PM »
Jones is starting for Stoke in the Capital One Cup vs Swindon which is about to get on the way...
Getting mash up by a League 1 team. Good!
I wish Kenwyne could get outta there, so I could happily watch dem get relegated.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 28, 2012, 02:08:10 PM »

Wait, Benteke said no?! Wow...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 28, 2012, 02:12:48 PM »
Jones scored a header in the 63 min.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 28, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »

Wait, Benteke said no?! Wow...
Well, his club said no: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1144883/agent-says-genk-rejects-aston-villa's-bid-for-christian-benteke?cc=5901

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 30, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 31, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
Sky Sports reporting that Celtic trying to get him. Kenwyne tweeting he doh know nothing about it.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Just heard on Sky Sports that Marseille are interested in him. Big move if it is true.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 01, 2012, 12:11:51 AM »
He was linked with a lot of different type clubs this windows, seems to suggest either Kenwyne's agent or Stoke trying to flush someone out to buy him.  He needed to move really, Pulis isn't one for admitting mistakes and is stubborn as hell.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 01, 2012, 05:36:31 AM »
He was linked with a lot of different type clubs this windows, seems to suggest either Kenwyne's agent or Stoke trying to flush someone out to buy him.  He needed to move really, Pulis isn't one for admitting mistakes and is stubborn as hell.
His mistake was Crouch.
Ten million pounds unnecessarily spent on a 'better' striker who scored a total of 1 more goal than Kenwyne the season before. Crouch isn't getting the job done, but Kenwyne and Jerome and (last season) Fuller barely get a sniff. Why can't they get an extended run of games to misfire and fail like Crouch?
Because his name is Crouch, he cost 10 million pounds and will never be dropped for performance. His pick is guaranteed based on reputation alone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 01, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
His mistake was Crouch.
Ten million pounds unnecessarily spent on a 'better' striker who scored a total of 1 more goal than Kenwyne the season before. Crouch isn't getting the job done, but Kenwyne and Jerome and (last season) Fuller barely get a sniff. Why can't they get an extended run of games to misfire and fail like Crouch?
Because his name is Crouch, he cost 10 million pounds and will never be dropped for performance. His pick is guaranteed based on reputation alone.

That shithound Crouch is such a waste...

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 04, 2012, 11:29:14 AM »
Stoke sign Michael Owen on a one year deal http://t.co/EyB26bB0

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 04, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Jones? Even Owen getting a bligh
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 04, 2012, 04:30:21 PM »
Jones? Even Owen getting a bligh
Jones did it to himself! he tort he was ah super star bc his name was callin and he was being compared to grogba. after that he became swell headed and started to act like he reach, not playing with intensity and half steppin and lazing around on the pitch.

now he seeing the reality of professional sports, yuh don't perform them someone else will take yuh place, he lucky he didn't find himself in league one, let him just ask marlon hearwood and carlton cole, to stay in the prem yuh must perform like ah mad horse or is bench and and eventually lower leagues for yuh.

let him take stick bc i eh sorry for him, you eh see no teams eh come rushing for him no mo, de boy facked up and lower his stocks considerably. if he did play his cards right and act like he was on a mission, he would @ least been on a top 6 team, either spurs or arsenal by now.

PS: wehs dat..........he was having marital problems? so does every fackin pro sportsman, now lemme see if that biatch go give him playing time now.           stupid!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 15, 2012, 08:22:04 AM »
Kenwyne Jones cannot even get a seat on the bench now!!! By the way stoke up 1-0 over man city (crotch scored).

1]; } ?>