April 26, 2024, 02:24:26 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128615 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 15, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »
Jones in the dog house
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 15, 2012, 08:45:07 AM »
Jones in the dog house

The dog house? He not even in the yard tied to a tree.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 15, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »
Lol
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #483 on: September 15, 2012, 08:59:56 AM »
Jones in the dog house

Jones in the outhouse as in outta here! I wonder if he even talk tuh dem about their plans for him this year? If they did or didn't he needed tuh read the tea leaves and buss it versus sitting on the bench wasting away!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 15, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »
Nobody wants to buy him? Why is he still at Stoke.? If he not playing it hurts his chances getting a good club. But he put that on himself with his lazy style of play.
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #485 on: September 15, 2012, 09:15:05 AM »
Nobody wants to buy him? Why is he still at Stoke.? If he not playing it hurts his chances getting a good club. But he put that on himself with his lazy style of play.

Ah hope he has been saving his money, because this is his last big pay day. He will end up back in Championship football, which is a shame because he did the hard work to get himself in great place for a person of his skill level and ability.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 15, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »
It does be good to show a little humility... before it ketch up with yuh.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2012, 10:06:20 AM »
Last spotted in the players lounge...he, Pennant and Shotton.

Read a couple of Championship teams are interested: Pulis is waiting for the right bid.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

giggsy11

« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2012, 10:15:43 AM »

Read a couple of Championship teams are interested: Pulis is waiting for the right bid.

Well he did like tuh lounge on the field! ;D

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2012, 10:40:09 AM »

Well he did like tuh lounge on the field! ;D

Good one.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2012, 11:27:35 AM »
He is not GOOD!!! Was never good. Don't know how on earth, how possible, he is playing as a professional footballer!! Beats the hell out of me.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »
He is a good player on his best day. I've watched almost all his Prem games and I've seen Jones play so well they send 2 defenders to cover him before he gets the ball. Unfortunately, as someone said above, he started to play real real real realllllll lazy and didn't look interested sometimes.

I think another Prem team might take a chance on him if he takes a pay cut. Otherwise a move outside of England might be in his forecast because to end up in the Championship would be humiliating after being the poster boy of the last 2 clubs he was at. That would be a huge drop for him.

I am a big Aston Villa fan and was hoping they took him to play with Bent. That would have been a nice move for him. No chance of that now though. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 16, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »
Still better than that shithound Crouch... apparently.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 16, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Don't think ah could ever like Crouch, no matter how much play he play, or goals he score.. The man do meh in

Jones on the other hand, will always have MY support, no matter how much he play.. If some ppl think he is/was spoilt, is not we who did that... Look what happen to we greatest players ever.. Cast aside by many teams, so why Jones different, unless ppl really expected more from him , than Dwight, and Stern.. Latas didn't even get a EPL run out, is it cause he wasn't good ?

Trinis does sometimes expect a lot from our compatriots, possibly why we does manage to achieve so much.. Sometimes I wonder if we just spoil too...
Bigger players saw fit to move leagues or clubs, but if Jones has to, make him "not good" ?
Me doh think so nah

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
Don't think ah could ever like Crouch, no matter how much play he play, or goals he score.. The man do meh in

Jones on the other hand, will always have MY support, no matter how much he play.. If some ppl think he is/was spoilt, is not we who did that... Look what happen to we greatest players ever.. Cast aside by many teams, so why Jones different, unless ppl really expected more from him , than Dwight, and Stern.. Latas didn't even get a EPL run out, is it cause he wasn't good ?

Trinis does sometimes expect a lot from our compatriots, possibly why we does manage to achieve so much.. Sometimes I wonder if we just spoil too...
Bigger players saw fit to move leagues or clubs, but if Jones has to, make him "not good" ?
Me doh think so nah

Apparently you eh get de memo dat he is ah rank shithong an shoulda neva even be dey to begin wid  :o

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 17, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
I wouldnt go so far as to call him a rank shithong or anything like that

I remember Leo Beenhakker did an interview when he gave an individual player assessment of the WC squad. He said Kenwyne doesn't even know how good he is. A naturally gifted athlete who could play anywhere once he's ready to play.

I think when you compare him to a Dwight Yorke for example it's all about potential realization. I would put Kenwyne at about 60% potential realization compared to a 90% for a Dwight Yorke. To maximize your potential it takes drive, hunger and discipline to attain and then maintain and complacency allows you to fall off.

The difference is that Yorke fell off after 5 trophies at Man U while Kenwyne appears to be falling off after 60k pounds a week at a labouring mid table club. I am not even sure that Dwight was ever paid more than 30k pounds a week while at Man U.

Kenwyne is turning 28 this year and he is in the middle of his 4 year deal. He will collectively earn approx 11.5 million pounds before tax if he sees out this current contract. Some of you will look at his inability to get a game in a vacuum, we want him to do well because he's from us and we want our players to play and look good. And we ready to give him a verbal buss head cause we arent satisfied with his peformance as we are all entitled to do in this public space. 

I dont know what drives the man personally, maybe he doesnt mind to sit on the bench (and now in the stands) every week and collect his cheque, I am sure that his money people will ensure that if he moves away from Stoke either by loan or by sale that he will continue to earn up to the value of his present deal. I dont know what his financial committments are, In my opinion if he wanted to move on based purely on football reasons there are many a club that will take a chance on him so to me it cannot be that.

Again i think we all see the potential and it sours us to see where he is at, but there is life and there is football and more importantly there is life after football. One could argue that he may never be the legend of anything which really can earn you top dollar after playing days and it may be safer to ensure you earn what can now rather than hope what you might.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:04:55 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 17, 2012, 02:18:24 PM »
I wouldnt go so far as to call him a rank shithong or anything like that

I remember Leo Beenhakker did an interview when he gave an individual player assessment of the WC squad. He said Kenwyne doesn't even know how good he is. A naturally gifted athlete who could play anywhere once he's ready to play.

I think when you compare him to a Dwight Yorke for example it's all about potential realization. I would put Kenwyen at about 60% potential realization compared to a 90% for a Dwight Yorke. To maximize your potential it takes drive, hunger and discipline to attain and then maintain and complacency allows you to fall off.

The difference is that Yorke fell off after 5 trophies at Man U while Kenwyne appears to be falling off after 60k pounds a week at a labouring mid table club. I am not even sure that Dwight was ever paid more than 30k pounds a week while at Man U.

Kenwyne is turning 28 this year and he is in the middle of his 4 year deal. He will collectively earn approx 11.5 million pounds before tax if he sees out this current contract. Some of you will look at his inability to get a game in a vacuum, we want him to do well because he's from us and we want our players to play and look good. And we ready to give him a verbal buss head cause we arent satisfied with his peformance as we are all entitled to do in this public space. 

I dont know what drives the man personally, maybe he doesnt mind to sit on the bench (and now in the stands) every week and collect his cheque, I am sure that his money people will ensure that if he moves away from Stoke either by loan or by sale that he will continue to earn up to the value of his present deal. I dont know what his financial committments are, In my opinion if he wanted to move on based purely on football reasons there are many a club that will take a chance on him so to me it cannot be that.

Again i think we all see the potential and it sours us to see where he is at, but there is life and there is football and more importantly there is life after football. One could argue that he may never be the legend of anything which really can earn you top dollar after playing days and it may be safer to ensure you earn what can now rather than hope what you might.

Sarcasm fella lol

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 17, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »
Allyuh, have anyone ever considered that jones craw might be full?? the man "feel" like he did it all, he played in a world cup, he played in the best league in the world, played in an FA cup final @ wembley, played in EU league, scored against the best teams in the wolrd, IMO this man felt that he reached, he did it, now it's time to take it easy.

PPL we acting like we don't know our citizens, a trini is one of the most complaisant man on the planet, our biggest down fall is the "i reach syndrome" i bigger than God now, i am above a talking to.

i remember when KJ was fresh on the scene, and i saw him in the Wc qualifiers, i asked my self, "who is this hungry yute?" the man ran after every ball, was involved in every play, he was all over the place, even questioning the refs, that's how hungry and aggressive the bredder was, now that he's been there and done it, the bredder craw full, he couldn't handle another bite.

another thing i get from KJ is that he was frustrated with the style of play @ sunderland and stoke and started to lose interest, but what's worrying me is that if KJ had stuck to his guns and played one great season he would have been traded to a better team that played more constructive football. just look @ dempsey and van persie, one great season was all it took.     

ppl had enough of the lazy shit, he deserves every minute of what he's getting! though luck dey, but i don't feel sorry for him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:02:30 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 17, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
was never a fan of KJ...but my support goes out to him...hope he sorts himself out
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »
I would probably have to agree with so many of the characteristic traits of KJ outlined however, I believe that KJ is stuck in a rut not of his making. 
I recall Stoke had a really good year (the year before this one) Stoke was really a mid table club then and all the forwards were scoring;including KJ. 

Why did Pulis change that and do something different?  I get that KJ wasn't scoring last year but to me it seemed to take place after the paradigm shifted and Pulis had different plans.
 Truth be told, I believe is Pulis who F0$^k up dat team and he wasn't man enough to admit it or to turn back. KJ was a support not only to himself but to the entire team (be it within the style they played).
 Crouch never lived up to KJ 2010 year and not enough credit goes to KJ for being the driving force behind that year.  Every ball won, every knock down; it was all KJ back then.

Was it competition dat buss he throat... possibly, but Once Crouch came in the English man ting kick -in and KJ was out of love.  His European form was still holding but even that eventually dwindled.  So is de man craw full? Possibly but I detect that some Love and dependence at a different prem club could be enough to get KJ going again.  He is not a rank shit hong. 

My Opinion!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 07:22:28 PM by davidephraim »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »
KJ ain't the kinda striker 'we' like.
If was Cornell Glen get a bligh in the Prem and going through the same thing, man song would be very different on here.
Man top-scoring for Prem teams, doing he work and man on here want to talk bout who is and isn't shit-hound.
If only he coulda beats...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
Whatever the issue is, he in the dog house. Something needs to happen or else.
Youtube Channel

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile

- John F. Kennedy

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »
Championship spell?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-kenwyne-jones-1328674

Now what?  This is a slippery slope and I am intrigued to hear what direction de massive will take on this. Personally, I cant give an opinion yet. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!   Please, a prem club, come in for loan for KJ.  Hope Pulis aint dirty and refuse to loan to prem club.   
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 18, 2012, 05:56:12 AM »
The only way he could raise back his stock is by playing for whoever and doing well. The man must have been going through some tough times emotionally...and it impacted his playing....not to mention his usual style. He's a TT International...regardless of what...I want him to do well. If this is the way he hadda do it...well so be it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
Championship spell?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-transfer-news-kenwyne-jones-1328674

Now what?  This is a slippery slope and I am intrigued to hear what direction de massive will take on this. Personally, I cant give an opinion yet. It's like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't!   Please, a prem club, come in for loan for KJ.  Hope Pulis aint dirty and refuse to loan to prem club.   
Dem english prem managers real dirty bro, what you talking bout?  like you eh see what mancini did to adebaoyor, and what harry did to bent, is ah good thing morinho came callin for adebayor and he regain his form @ real madrid. i believe KJ should refuse to go to the championship and hold out till the january window and loan out then to a prem team.

imagine the man get blank for two washed up old english players in crouch and owen, what ah fackin ting eh. serves him right though! he played de c**t and got f**ked. this would teach him to work harder and stop acting like yuh reach.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:50:36 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2012, 07:46:54 AM »
Championship spell?

Dem english prem managers real dirty bro, what you talking bout?  like you eh see what mancini did to adebaoyor, and what harry did to bent, is ah good thing marino came callin for adebayor and he regain his form @ real madrid. i believe KJ should refuse to go to the championship and hold out till the january window and loan out then to a prem team.

imagine the man get blank for two washed up old english players in crouch and owen, what ah fackin ting eh. serves him right though! he played de c**t and got f**ked. this would teach him to work harder and stop acting like yuh reach.

Ah feel dis is de direction ah leaning in as well.  Ah gettin flashbacks of Scotland & Stern John, .  If KJ choose dat championship football, he could possibly never get out of dey?  Is there life after leaving prem and choosing to go championship?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2012, 07:49:02 AM »
Championship spell?

Dem english prem managers real dirty bro, what you talking bout?  like you eh see what mancini did to adebaoyor, and what harry did to bent, is ah good thing morinho came callin for adebayor and he regain his form @ real madrid. i believe KJ should refuse to go to the championship and hold out till the january window and loan out then to a prem team.

Ah feel dis is de direction ah leaning in as well.  Ah gettin flashbacks of Scotland & Stern John, .  If KJ choose dat championship football, he could possibly never get out of dey? Is there life after leaving prem and choosing to go championship?
Just ask jason roberts and carlton cole, oh yeh, dwight york too.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 18, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »
KJ will sit tight, it is a long season he will get ample games to play.

Stoke playes target man football, right now crouch is the number 1 target man, if he gets injured then KJ will come in plain and simple.

Have some patience and wait.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 18, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
I want him to stay in the Prem but I also want to see him get playing time.  Despite my aversion to this loan move I am more apt to think he should do it so he can be on the field and get back in a groove.  Obviously he has long since become surplus to requirements despite the fact that Stoke has not improved since Pulis went away from him, so he needs to be out.  I doh care what nobody say Crouch isn't better, if anything he has a few different skills but they on par and since he came Stoke has slipped.  I guess Pennant is also in the dog house, I have noticed a trend but if I expose it man go say I on some next scenes but take a close look at the make up of Stoke now as compared to 2 years ago and even last year.  KJ in the dog house, Pennant dey limin with him Fuller gone, and all the replacements are white boys.  I eh sayin Pulis is a racist but it lookin funny to me.  Fuller was a cult favorite, Pennant was always a threat on the right wing and KJ is far more of a threat in the air than Crouch.  Look at black man minutes on that team, out of 360 regulation minutes Nzonzi get ah 90 against the Swans so he in the lead, Pennant 64, Jerome 58, Palacios 15, Diao, Jones, Edu all on ZERO thus far.  Either Pulis or the chairman on some nexx direction scenes even if it mean they scoring less than before when they were already anemic in that dept.

Dinner Mints jess in case yuh had me in mind wit da tawk, kno dat I is one of KJs biggest supporters on here so I was purely using prior sentiments expressed by many here in a sarcastic fashion.

1]; } ?>