April 28, 2024, 04:06:09 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128816 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 27, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
1 critcism, he probably playing to instructions, however, the lack of intensity i see- read running down man or wildness-  ( a la Walters/Crouch etc..) would not make him match fit for us. When the ball gets to KJ, good things happen, but when the other team has it, he basically don't try to win it. I think if he can up that a little, he will better serve Club & Country down the road. At times looked like he was carrying a knock and protecting it, which is ok for now.
Crouch certainly doh do no kinda running. Walters is unique to the team in that regard. Is like he doh ever get tired. That's why he never ever gets dropped. KJ do a whole lot more running and pressuring yesterday than usual. Few people will ever be Jon Walters, though.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 27, 2012, 09:30:50 AM »
1 critcism, he probably playing to instructions, however, the lack of intensity i see- read running down man or wildness-  ( a la Walters/Crouch etc..) would not make him match fit for us. When the ball gets to KJ, good things happen, but when the other team has it, he basically don't try to win it. I think if he can up that a little, he will better serve Club & Country down the road. At times looked like he was carrying a knock and protecting it, which is ok for now.
Crouch certainly doh do no kinda running. Walters is unique to the team in that regard. Is like he doh ever get tired. That's why he never ever gets dropped. KJ do a whole lot more running and pressuring yesterday than usual. Few people will ever be Jon Walters, though.
Nah, disagree, Crouch does run down ball and thief some...not to the extent of Walters but he does.I sign on late,  after 2nd half, so maybe I missed KJ runs, but their is a thing where even on offence, Crouch et al, seems to always manage to be in a position fighting up for a ball..this was one of Stern John strengths...the times I saw, Stoke players was attacking with he ball and KJ, was not getting into position, he was waiting...when ball do come, he was only then trying to get, usually to late...He cannot/must not depend on only the set play...yet if I know he carrying a knock, i would give instructions to pick the runs..just wondering if that is the case. it just what I saw for the half up to the eventual sub. He goes all the way back in defense for the corners but hardly commits until the ball comes to him..eg. a ball fell nearby, a Lpool man hurried off a shot, KJ was closest, but didn't attempt to block, luckily the man skyed it over bars...Obviously I may have saw the bottom end...it just suggestions on how he can improve..if someone wants to perform for  90 minutes, they have to put out for 110..yuh know what I mean..again, it's not a knock down, but just a suggestion for improvement.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 27, 2012, 10:19:30 AM »
Nah, disagree, Crouch does run down ball and thief some...not to the extent of Walters but he does.I sign on late,  after 2nd half, so maybe I missed KJ runs, but their is a thing where even on offence, Crouch et al, seems to always manage to be in a position fighting up for a ball..this was one of Stern John strengths...the times I saw, Stoke players was attacking with he ball and KJ, was not getting into position, he was waiting...when ball do come, he was only then trying to get, usually to late...He cannot/must not depend on only the set play...yet if I know he carrying a knock, i would give instructions to pick the runs..just wondering if that is the case. it just what I saw for the half up to the eventual sub. He goes all the way back in defense for the corners but hardly commits until the ball comes to him..eg. a ball fell nearby, a Lpool man hurried off a shot, KJ was closest, but didn't attempt to block, luckily the man skyed it over bars...Obviously I may have saw the bottom end...it just suggestions on how he can improve..if someone wants to perform for  90 minutes, they have to put out for 110..yuh know what I mean..again, it's not a knock down, but just a suggestion for improvement.
Nah, you're generally right. I doh disagree. But yesterday specifically KJ real work. You tune in when he start to get tired.

Up to him to keep it up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:21:36 AM by Dinner Mints »

truetrini

« Reply #603 on: December 27, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
Nah, you're generally right. I doh disagree. But yesterday specifically KJ real work. You tune in when he start to get tired.

Up to him to keep it up.

Maybe this will address all the shit about Jones and Crouch...just maybe ..ok then

http://www.eplindex.com/21176/kenwyne-jones-peter-crouch-stats-comparison.html

Pretty self explanatory this one. Jones played just over 100 more minutes than Crouch. Just over one full game. But what does that mean in respect of their “output”.

So, Kenwyne Jones contested possession 15 more times than Crouch. Considering the man from Trinidad and Tobago has often been bemoaned for his reluctance to get “stuck in”, this would suggest that he is more involved physically than his team-mate.

Another interesting statistic to consider. Jones has repeatedly been labelled as “lazy” and accused of going missing for portions of seasons and not just games. Whilst there may be some truth in those claims it is certainly of note that Kenwyne made a tackle significantly more frequently than Crouch.

Crouch towers over the majority of defenders and the same can be said about Jones but the way that each player goes about winning the ball in the air is very different. Crouch takes a static jump, which he can afford to do given his superior height, where as Jones takes a slight run up. Crouch won the battle 5% more often.

Despite giving the ball away on ONE more occasion it is vital to consider the difference in playing time. Crouch is often praised for his ball retention, yet Jones is lambasted for being wasteful in possession, why? A similar argument can be made when you look at pass completion in the attacking  zones.

Of course a striker is always judged by their goal tally. Crouch scored 10 Premier League, which was an excellent return. The season before, Jones netted 9 times in the league, also a very respectable return. Crouch was slightly more accurate with his shooting, but Jones was more clinical when presented with a clear cut chance.

There is very little to split the two players in terms of statistics, but what does separate them is attitude. Kenwyne Jones’ apparent mood swings have caused his performance levels to fluctuate from time to time, which has left fans frustrated. On the other hand there has also been several games where Crouch has made little to no impact.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:52:29 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 27, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »
There is very little to split the two players in terms of statistics, but what does separate them is attitude. Kenwyne Jones’ apparent mood swings have caused his performance levels to fluctuate from time to time, which has left fans frustrated. On the other hand there has also been several games where Crouch has made little to no impact.

Key point there.

Hope he builds on this though. Confidence is one of the best performance enhancing drugs.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 27, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »

Key point there.

Hope he builds on this though. Confidence is one of the best performance enhancing drugs.

It's a false point though... the author never states what he sees Crouch's "attitude" to be, just that he "has made little to no impact."

Anyways, can we stop talking about this shithong Kenwyne now... I still in grieving.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 27, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »

Key point there.

It's a false point though... the author never states what he sees Crouch's "attitude" to be, just that he "has made little to no impact."

Anyways, can we stop talking about this shithong Kenwyne now... I still in grieving.
Yuh mean ah shithong like torres and carrol??  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 27, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
KJ is really a handful when he ready yes:) I can't wait for GC!!

Who on the present national squad could provide service to KJ for him to shine in the GC if selected ?

I wondered the same thing and don't worry we will have people to provide service, trust me on this:)
It will be up to the coach or coaches to encourage supporting players to try and play more balls forward to KJ. Kj holds the ball up well under pressure and this can bring players into good attacking position.

If the theory and practical ground work is done in training camp, I would hope mids / defenders should be able to make a decent pass forward to KJ. This will not take long for players to understand but the coach or coaches must have a vision to implement this attacking part of the game plan.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 27, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »
TT..you forgot this

"Inevitably since the introduction of Crouch, Kenwyne Jones has seen his first team opportunities decimated, almost to the point of extinction. With that in mind I wanted to look at both players Stats from their first season in the Potteries, 2010/11 for Jones and 2011/12 for Crouch:"

It hard to compare a guy who getting run just cause of name, irregardless of how KJ was performing. Comparing 1st season is hardly fair to the present..i.e the present being KJ only getting cobo sweat every now and then, only when Crouch seem to feel to come off.
Who can say, how when Pulis bring in Crouch how it affected KJ confidence over the last year. He seem to be regaining it now with the lately regular run out doh. Hopefully he will add to this, and keep that fowl thief on lock down.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 27, 2012, 06:26:31 PM »
KJ / Crouch or even RVP playing for Stoke all will struggle. The problem has nothing to do with Crouch, is Pulis who makes the decisions on who plays. Stoke is a direct team, both Crouch and KJ do a decent job of holding up the ball, the problem is two fold. The balls are usually coming from the defenders (long way to travel) & then they have to wait for support. Most of the times they wait so long space disappears. Stoke will always be dangerous in a predictable manner, physical play, forcing errors, or set plays.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 28, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »

Stoke City deserve credit for Premier League achievements

One of the lazier default insults aimed at Stoke City is to ask if the game's great and good - didn't someone once even pose the question about Lionel Messi? - can "do it on a cold, wet night" in The Potteries.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20847691

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2012, 08:45:27 AM »
KJ gets the start against his old club Southampton! :challenge:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:40 AM »
no matter kenwyne form... he must throw way a sitter at least once a game...

come on jones!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
KJ gets the start against his old club Southampton! :challenge:
Lol, big miss again. The worst of them all. Hope he recover.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 29, 2012, 09:14:35 AM »
Ohhh terrible miss by KJ to level things... Stoke are down 0-1

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 29, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
WOW! he made up for the miss.  Great back heel!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
Boom. Den he score the harder chance with a nice backheel. 1-1.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »
ha ha good bounce back
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 29, 2012, 09:21:22 AM »
Link for the game?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 29, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »
Stoke defense in a mess today... down 3-1

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
Stoke press the self-destruct button
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Stoke defending terrible, that own goal shows u how much of ah brains dat defender got...you're in the middle facing your own goal and the striker is infront of u and the ball misses the striker you either try flick the ball wide with the outside of ur feet or u allow it to run past you but u do not stick ur foot out like dat defender did unless yuh tryin tuh score ah own goal(which he did)
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 29, 2012, 09:58:15 AM »
and another thing is Stoke playin with ah midfield? smh

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
Stoke defending terrible, that own goal shows u how much of ah brains dat defender got...you're in the middle facing your own goal and the striker is infront of u and the ball misses the striker you either try flick the ball wide with the outside of ur feet or u allow it to run past you but u do not stick ur foot out like dat defender did unless yuh tryin tuh score ah own goal(which he did)
Ah think this is what he was trying to do.
They really missing Shawcross in that defence.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:44 AM »
watch how Wilkinson gone and buss his own and Huth head lol two man goin for de same ball, like it really isn't Stoke day nah but after watchin dis game i en too sure if Wilkinson is de brightest of defenders nah lol

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
blatant penalty dey...Jones header on goal and de defender handled de ball

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 29, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »
N'zonzi is off. Red card, Just lost his cool.... Jones with the rushed shot high over... Crouch coming on but jones remains on the pitch... Full attack!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:08 AM »
Nzonzi make sure he press the button again.

That was a stupid red card.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 29, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
Jones rhel winnin dem flick ons against de goal keeper tuh boot but no Stoke player gettin on tuh de seconds

1]; } ?>