March 29, 2024, 09:25:12 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127483 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
To be fair, Walters does spend most of his time playing on the wing. And Kenwyne minutes is mostly pigeon sweats added up. Stoke problems start when Pulis insist on fighting up with Crouch: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/212531/when-all-started-wrong

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »
Hope these punks get relegated...the anti-football catching up with dem.  Shortening pitch to stymie man style of play.  Smh... :laugh:

They cyah drop fast enough lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
Three strikers make worst top-10 list
By Martin Spinks (The Sentinel)

STOKE City's poor goalscoring record has left Jon Walters, Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones being named among the top-10 worst strikers in the Premier League this season.

The list, which is based on minutes-per-goal, has Walters third, Crouch eighth and Jones 10th.

But at least they don't fare as badly as the surprise number one, Manchester United's England striker Danny Welbeck, who has scored just one league goal in 1,204 minutes of action this term.

Walters clocks up an average of one goal every 479 minutes, but he has started 23 of his 33 league games on the right or left of midfield.

Crouch, who has only netted once in his last 26 league and cup appearances, weighs in with a goal every 384 Premier League minutes and Jones one every 345 minutes.

Between them, Walters, Crouch and Jones have bagged 14 of Stoke's 28 league goals this season.

The Opta list, which is restricted to those playing a minimum of 1,000 minutes, has West Bromwich Albion's Romelu Lukaku best placed with 13 goals in 1,548 minutes at an average of 119 minutes-per-goal.

That eclipses the Premier League's leading scorer, Liverpool's Luiz Suarez, whose 22 on target work out to 130 minutes apiece.

Walters is BY FAR the worst of the three of them.  I watch their game this weekend and I am yet to figure out how this man even get a contract to play in the BPL! He is pathetic!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 16, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
Three strikers make worst top-10 list
By Martin Spinks (The Sentinel)

STOKE City's poor goalscoring record has left Jon Walters, Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones being named among the top-10 worst strikers in the Premier League this season.

The list, which is based on minutes-per-goal, has Walters third, Crouch eighth and Jones 10th.

But at least they don't fare as badly as the surprise number one, Manchester United's England striker Danny Welbeck, who has scored just one league goal in 1,204 minutes of action this term.

Walters clocks up an average of one goal every 479 minutes, but he has started 23 of his 33 league games on the right or left of midfield.

Crouch, who has only netted once in his last 26 league and cup appearances, weighs in with a goal every 384 Premier League minutes and Jones one every 345 minutes.

Between them, Walters, Crouch and Jones have bagged 14 of Stoke's 28 league goals this season.

The Opta list, which is restricted to those playing a minimum of 1,000 minutes, has West Bromwich Albion's Romelu Lukaku best placed with 13 goals in 1,548 minutes at an average of 119 minutes-per-goal.

That eclipses the Premier League's leading scorer, Liverpool's Luiz Suarez, whose 22 on target work out to 130 minutes apiece.

Walters is BY FAR the worst of the three of them.  I watch their game this weekend and I am yet to figure out how this man even get a contract to play in the BPL! He is pathetic!
Walters alright as a second striker, playing from deep running on to them flick-ons from Crouch and KJ.. But Pulis abandon him out on the wing ever since he fall out with Pennant. Them numbers misleading. Walters is basically a winger this season.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stoke launch official investigation into Kenwyne Jones incident
« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2013, 10:16:25 AM »
Now flick on Sky Sports News.. Apparently the Stoke players played a prank on Kenwyne by putting a Pig's head in his locker and all hell broke loose.. Kenwyne according to sources end up in a small brawl and then mash up Glenn Whelan car window with a brick

WHAT DE ASS

Link to news with 10 articles about it
https://www.google.com/news?ncl=do38mBskzxXGJuMaw2uABDoQ1CWNM&q=kenwyne+jones&lr=English&hl=en

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke launch official investigation into Kenwyne Jones incident
« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »
Pig head? People idle boy
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 17, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
Kenwyne need to move to move to a team that tries plays attacking football. I know I might get cuss for this but this maybe a blessing in disguise. P.S. His wifey is hot. I might get cuss for that too but anyhoo

Pulis is a devout Christian apparently and should know about Deuteronomy 14:8 if he is 'Devout'. As we know Rasta's tend to make reference to the Old Testament, In my many experiences, hence me bringing that up[. Hopefully Pulis explains Deuteronomy 14:8 to Mr. Whelan et al...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2013, 11:06:37 AM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2013, 11:17:21 AM »
Just imagine you found that in your clothes. Just nasty. Lucky he plays for a Premier League club where he can just wear some training gear home. If that was for your Saturday side I would be calling someone to bring me a change of clothes.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:02:55 PM by Carib-Briton »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 17, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »
whooy .me thinks kenwyne cant take an englishman hazing joke .ignorant bad yo .i woulda start playing raising with it ,and bloody everybody up .
This  will not be forgotten by the boys ,no more  jokes with jones  ,no jonesing.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 17, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
dem fellas eh too old for dat shit......

besides de man is a rastaman...nah deal wid de pork

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 17, 2013, 12:28:05 PM »
dats real nastiness.... maybe they sending him a message,
kinda like cutting off a fella  horse's head and resting it in his bed when he sleeping.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 17, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »
Kenwyne need to move to move to a team that tries plays attacking football. I know I might get cuss for this but this maybe a blessing in disguise. P.S. His wifey is hot. I might get cuss for that too but anyhoo

Pulis is a devout Christian apparently and should know about Deuteronomy 14:8 if he is 'Devout'. As we know Rasta's tend to make reference to the Old Testament, In my many experiences, hence me bringing that up[. Hopefully Pulis explains Deuteronomy 14:8 to Mr. Whelan et al...

Kenwyn ain't no Rastafarian...that is hairstyle.  Either way, his reaction was probably a bit over-the-top.  Definitely will get fined for that: two wrongs don't make a right.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 17, 2013, 01:49:01 PM »
I don;t find his reaction was over-the-top. Dise rel stinkness.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 17, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
Out of Order.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 17, 2013, 05:16:53 PM »
Earlier this week, retiring Stoke striker Michael Owen had his car covered in eggs and flour by team-mates, with 28-year-old Jones tweeting a picture with the explanation that it was a "leaving present" for the former England star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22575668

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 17, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
Small thing Kenwyne... At least you didnt get pelt with one like Figo did...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 17, 2013, 05:24:35 PM »
Well maybe it was a little over the top. But maybe upon being confronted about the bad-joke the offending player, instead of trying to placate and be apologetic, decide to rate up and play more mad than Kenwyne which then further escalates the situation, culminating in Kenwyne bawling out: 'Yuhn know who's me ah wha? Ise Santana, dawg!' And mash up de man car.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 17, 2013, 07:09:27 PM »
Earlier this week, retiring Stoke striker Michael Owen had his car covered in eggs and flour by team-mates, with 28-year-old Jones tweeting a picture with the explanation that it was a "leaving present" for the former England star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22575668

Yes and Michael Owen tweeted a pic with the quote, "It's a long week lads. Revenge is in the air! Chief suspects: Whitehead and Whelan. Huth is a possible too."

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/status/333514383101665281/photo/1

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 17, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
I could handle egg and flour on my car. I cyar handle no diabolical pig head in my locker. . .all yuh mad or wot?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »
Hope he give the man some good hard cuff...let dem laff at that, just playing, boys will be boys is all..ha ha black eye Whelie..what yuh mean it ent fun no mo

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 17, 2013, 10:09:41 PM »
So much for being a professional and role model... With all the millions KJ making, a lil pig blood make him that mad, that he have to retaliate by going out and breaking the glass. Two wrongs don't make a right!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 18, 2013, 12:07:34 AM »
So much for being a professional and role model... With all the millions KJ making, a lil pig blood make him that mad, that he have to retaliate by going out and breaking the glass. Two wrongs don't make a right!!
:timeout: You maybe cool wid dat, but there's something else that maybe ah little less or a little more severe that would make you blow yuh top.

it have man who would play this down as ah little locker room prank, and yes i think KJ should have just let it go. but then again i am not kenwyne jones and we don't have the same hang ups, which this is all it really comes down to.   :yellowcard:

this is for all the self righteous "cool level headed" members out there who looked down on his behavior.

what if the tables were turned and lets say ah man pour wet runny feces all over your expensive stuff, maybe things with sentimental value like ah lucky charm or a present from a love one?

lets go even further, what if they had poured semen on your stuff, or took condoms filled with semen and hung up in your locker? i know man like sam, warmonger or omarldhino would flip out!

what if a person has a phobia for certain animals like rats or even a snake which most ppl fear, could definitely cause someone to over react, tell me would you still think it was funny if ah man put ah ded mapappee in yuh belongings??

maybe the most abhorring thing in KJ's world is the pig, and who ever pranked him may have known that.  TBH i can't blame the guy especially if he might never wear/use those things ever again which maybe loaded with sentimental value.

it's easy to criticize when it's not us, but ah locker filled with hogs blood running all over a man's personal affects, especially a religious man who's disdain for a certain animal could easily drive ah fella into a violent swing, is not amusing! sorry. :pissedoff: 

the bright side, he didn't act out physically violent towards whealan, thank GOD!!! bc we would not have heard the end of it, so he did show some restraint after all and that should be applauded   :applause: :applause:.

i'll defo have to give kenwyne a pass on this one. the prank was stink and way over the top.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:19:59 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 18, 2013, 06:53:13 AM »
I guess that's why I am not a professional or Role model. I played football,With some Brits O45 ,afterwards at the Brasserie, one of them confided in the group that we Trinis real cool. How there was a Trini guy used to play with his team(name called) some 30 yrs ago, and he had switched to play with our team...well, when we played against them, he scored 2 goals, I scored one." Remember the game max?" Yes, I did.
Well after the game he congratulated him...Well done lad." Remember there was a strong stench of faeces ?"
"We'll what I did, was pick up a handful of dog-shit, and rubbed it all thru the BOY Afro.ha ha ha ha ha"
"Remember u lads kept asking, how come your dressing room smelled so bad har har har har"

Well, at age 48 my lack of professionalism took another hit,right there at that table. 10 years later they still saying don't play/tell maxg no jokes..the lad has no sense of humour...all right by me, but I was just playing too..didn't mean to knock out a tooth...didn't make no fist.

He lucky meh buddidn't know  story then, cause it might a have some serious police investigations back then that won't have been funny.
Ah guess a blow meh chances...ah tell Allyuh bout the time the fella kick meh down and make a joke an say "get up N...", ah was young then.

Just saying, it's very easy to act unprofessional in an unprofessional environment. Kudos to those who are strong enough to change that environment through professional behaviour.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:59:49 AM by maxg »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 18, 2013, 06:53:57 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah love dis, The Millionaire Games!!!

Dem millionaires just having a lil drama for we benefit.

KJ warned dem he not in dat, dey still prank him...he bust ah man windshield 'old nigga' style, he pay ah fine (chump-change) and keep it movin.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 18, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
f**k dem up...ppl hadda know wuh time it is...that relll nastyyy...and disrepectful
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 18, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »
I don't get how people could find KJ wrong, especially if he said he not on that from before. We don't know what kinda relationship he has with his team mates. What if him and Whelan beefing a while now? Man look for his break windshield if you ask me.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 18, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
Maybe is because its the end of a long season and a little prank was being played among the team. Some men just to big for it and KJ was a victim to it. He showed that he can't take a joke and did what he did.. So in the end... Two things came out of this 1. They know is not to make no joke with KJ and 2. The victim still will pay a fine for his reaction. So KJ might feel good that he got some sense of revenge, but in the team eyes, he is one not to mess personally with anymore.  Man talking bout the extremeness of the joke, and comparing dog shit in man head and feces on sentimental things to a pigs head in KJ locker. First of all you have to be ah punk to let men rub that shit in your hair and the feces thing, well in my opinion that's extreme. To each his own, some could take a joke others can't and very sensitive. Maybe that's KJ case. We will never know till the investigation is over.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 18, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »
@kj9nes: First off for all the people saying thIs had anything to with racism I'm not endorsing that.

@kj9nes: Secondly i've apologised to glen whelan for the destruction of his property, for all the ppl that think I did micheal Owen's car I didn't

@kj9nes: I just posted the pics of it , I was never involved in any of the pranks in the dressing room

@kj9nes: So for all the people that think that the pigs head wrapped in my clothes was banter great so is the broken window

@kj9nes: As far as tension in the squad there's nun myself and whelan had our thrash out and he said it wasnt him so I apologised n im paying for it

@kj9nes: As for the person who did it no one has come fwd n apologised to me so I guess the joke was gd then

@kj9nes: But as I said if you have the belly to take banter to that level be willing to accept the reaction. Thats final no more comments

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 18, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »
@kj9nes: Secondly i've apologised to glen whelan for the destruction of his property, for all the ppl that think I did micheal Owen's car I didn't

@kj9nes: As far as tension in the squad there's nun myself and whelan had our thrash out and he said it wasnt him so I apologised n im paying for it

Oops, wrong person, sorry Whelan for my over reaction.

1]; } ?>