March 28, 2024, 12:03:00 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127436 times)

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2013, 04:10:29 AM »
Good news for stoke...anxious too see how this affects kj
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2013, 06:11:38 AM »
Rumour is Di Matteo or Rafa!!! That would be great for KJ if he is still around  :-\

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 22, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
Just what KJ needs. A caring, charismatic, run-with-de-ball kinda coach. If he blow dis one... ah done!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2013, 03:22:18 AM »
I feel after the whole pig head incident Jones have no future at Stoke as he will probably be seen as a negitive influence in the dressing room. I hope I am wrong though.
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 23, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »
I feel after the whole pig head incident Jones have no future at Stoke as he will probably be seen as a negitive influence in the dressing room. I hope I am wrong though.
now that's just Pur pig-headed...just joking ..I have never been in such a high level setting mehself..but I more think, he may probably be more respected for manning up (not to be confused with any politician)..and his future will depend purely on the new coach, and who transfer players the club could get, and at what price...in addition, if the club wants to go a different football direction/style, then KJ has to get more explosive with ball at his feet.i.e change his current style..Can't just setup anymore, has to impress with skills, at least look dangerous etc etc. Didn't cost the club no unnecessary money, so I feel dem dun move on..like most ppl have

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #755 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »
now that's just Pur pig-headed...just joking ..I have never been in such a high level setting mehself..but I more think, he may probably be more respected for manning up (not to be confused with any politician)..and his future will depend purely on the new coach, and who transfer players the club could get, and at what price...in addition, if the club wants to go a different football direction/style, then KJ has to get more explosive with ball at his feet.i.e change his current style..Can't just setup anymore, has to impress with skills, at least look dangerous etc etc. Didn't cost the club no unnecessary money, so I feel dem dun move on..like most ppl have
KJ was putting down beats and ting in Stoke pre-season. I say to mihself we go see him plenty dis season. Nope.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 23, 2013, 12:52:42 PM »
KJ was putting down beats and ting in Stoke pre-season. I say to mihself we go see him plenty dis season. Nope.
I believe that as maxg said, that will depend on the new coach. My fear is that when the new coach comes in all they will see is a prototypical/stereotypical setup and wait English center forward. I would love to see a return to the KJ who initially impressed at Sunderland.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 29, 2013, 05:52:35 AM »
Mark Hughes about to sign at Stoke... The Stoke fans are not happy!  :cursing:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 29, 2013, 07:46:44 AM »
Mark Hughes about to sign at Stoke... The Stoke fans are not happy!  :cursing:

I would too, after he blotched the QPR job.  Spent a lot of money on pretty pedestrian talent.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 29, 2013, 11:05:18 AM »
I woulda bet money Mark Hughes would never manage in the prem again unless he bring a side up via promotion. All that fella know how to do is spend plenty money on names. He has never won more than 50% of his games and his last 3 teams have been fragmented (Man City), listless (Fulham) and abject (QPR)

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 29, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
anudda MU ole boy...living on Fergie coat-tails..like Cheers: "everybody knows their name"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 29, 2013, 01:36:07 PM »
Kenwyne isn't really a Hughes type player, but even without a change of manager its been obvious for a long time he needs to find pastures new.  He has 1 year left on his contract so maybe hang on for a Bosman but his value and possible wages have only been heading one way for a couple of years now.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 29, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
I woulda bet money Mark Hughes would never manage in the prem again unless he bring a side up via promotion. All that fella know how to do is spend plenty money on names. He has never won more than 50% of his games and his last 3 teams have been fragmented (Man City), listless (Fulham) and abject (QPR)

How de hell does Mark Hughes continue to get work? He must have de hardest working agent in the game. I hope he does give the man more than the standard 15%.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »
Time to vibes up this thread for the season... KJ starts..... Pennant just scores vs west ham 1-0

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »
KJ has been playing a really good game. Looking confident, lost the ball once or twice but showing real hustle to win it back. Great freekick by Pennant

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 31, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
Same players Pulis had. One new man play LB.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
Wow Stoke up to 5th after that result. I'm actually quite impressed by their brand so far this season, easy on the eyes. In the game today they had over 55% of the possession. Nice mix of short crisp passes with the occasional long balls and KJ holding up play on top. Nice. Pennant has added a spark off the bench this season. Wonderful free kick today. My only problem is this Walters character, for some reason he's always on the pitch despite his miss hit shots and wasted chances. In fact Stoke would have gotten something out of every game if he hadn't missed that penalty against Liverpool.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 31, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »
KJ has been playing a really good game. Looking confident, lost the ball once or twice but showing real hustle to win it back. Great freekick by Pennant

I am not sure if Hart had a positive motivational talk with KJ, but since the Gold Cup he has been playing well.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 31, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »
By far, the best away performance by Stoke in a long time and its the first back to back wins in a while (I think). KJ is making the best of his opportunity with his two starts and may it continue. The 'donkey' that is Walters works his sock off and will be first on the team sheets because of effort and work rate. However, if he was replaced by a Darren Bent or Jermaine Defoe type player to play alongside KJ, there will be goals galore.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 31, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
The 'donkey' that is Walters works his sock off and will be first on the team sheets because of effort and work rate.
Yep. Stoke fans stay complaining bout Walters too, but dat fella does put in work.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 02, 2013, 05:43:54 AM »
Deadline day: Stoke complete the signing of forward Marko Arnautovic
www.skysports.com

Stoke have completed the signing of forward Marko Arnautovic on a four-year contract from German outfit Werder Bremen.

The 24-year-old becomes the fourth new arrival under boss Mark Hughes following the signings of Erik Pieters, Marc Muniesa and Oussama Assaidi.

The Austrian international, who had a brief spell at Inter Milan, was reported to be worth around £2m.

A statement from the Potters read: "Stoke City are delighted to sign Austria international winger Marko Arnautovic from German side Werder Bremen.

"He joins on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee."

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »
ah feel KJ will be asked to play a YaYa role, when the dust settles

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
Everton set siege to Stoke goal yesterday. This did not change until 3-0 down, an the introduction of 2 Concacaf players. Shea & Jones. Although the result was already decided, the commentators remarked on the slight reduction in bleeding that occurred.
Seems like board members, I refer particularly to the KJ 1st touch critics didn't see this one. FYI, his control and turns were very good, one was particularly amazing, of course, y'all miss it, cause not ah word

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
Everton set siege to Stoke goal yesterday. This did not change until 3-0 down, an the introduction of 2 Concacaf players. Shea & Jones. Although the result was already decided, the commentators remarked on the slight reduction in bleeding that occurred.
Seems like board members, I refer particularly to the KJ 1st touch critics didn't see this one. FYI, his control and turns were very good, one was particularly amazing, of course, y'all miss it, cause not ah word
Had a nice through ball to Crouch as well. His problem is consistency. Some games his touch is nice and some games is like passing to a wall.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:38 AM »
Midweek game this week and he didn't even get a late sub when most players have played 180 minutes in 4 days? Not looking good  :(

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 05, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
Midweek game this week and he didn't even get a late sub when most players have played 180 minutes in 4 days? Not looking good  :(
He'll get a start on the weekend. It's that busy season when they have to rotate.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 05, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
And Hughes saying Crouch was man of the match when everybody else saying it was Charlie Adam. So Crouch seem to have a place in his heart. KJ have to hope Crouch get another buss mouth.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 07, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
Again, he was an unused sub today. Crouch is playing well so it is hard to justify taking off a man who is in form. It does not look good at the moment.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 07, 2013, 01:40:28 PM »
Again, he was an unused sub today. Crouch is playing well so it is hard to justify taking off a man who is in form. It does not look good at the moment.

Does scoring a goal equals playing well? Cause other than the goal Crouch really ain't do anything. Can't say ah man not playing well if he's not getting a look.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 07, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »
Ah see KJ celebrating the winner and his lady does be bigging up de team on Twitter, so maybe he happy there anyway. Who knows?

1]; } ?>