March 28, 2024, 11:05:47 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 127432 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #780 on: December 07, 2013, 04:17:19 PM »
Does scoring a goal equals playing well? Cause other than the goal Crouch really ain't do anything. Can't say ah man not playing well if he's not getting a look.

Can't say a man not playing well if he scoring goal/s

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 07, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
Well I for one glad Stoke winning some games..especially Chelsea..Can't blame the coach for not changing what working...However, if Crouch keep trapping ball like that(he wearing steel jockstrap or what), KJ will be on in no time..and then it's up to him to snatch the place from that soon to be blueballs mf major-footbualler  ...keep forgetting meh kids sometimes take a peek.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:10:33 PM by maxg »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 07, 2013, 09:22:30 PM »
Posted on Stoke Loud & Proud on facebook

Stoke Loud & Proud
"News just given to me, just before kickoff, is that Kenwyne Jones went to Hughes and Scholes and said he wants a new contract or they should let him go in January, Stoke offered him a 1 year contract, but Jones wanted a 3 year, so looks like he will be gone in January (Marc)"

Best comments :

Does kj want a lift to his new club

I'm annoyed thay offered him a new contract get rid

Fantastic first stoke win now this great day for us

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:42:49 PM by Peong »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 07, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »
Well they say good things happen in threes, depending on what kind of bud whistling the story

Fixed
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:32:18 AM by maxg »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 08, 2013, 09:49:47 PM »
Again, he was an unused sub today. Crouch is playing well so it is hard to justify taking off a man who is in form. It does not look good at the moment.

Does scoring a goal equals playing well? Cause other than the goal Crouch really ain't do anything. Can't say ah man not playing well if he's not getting a look.

Stoke don't score often...if at all. Crouch is where he needs to be to put in headers and tap ins. Yuh can't take him off if he is scoring.

As for Jones, we will see what happens come January.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 09, 2013, 05:35:47 AM »

Can't say a man not playing well if he scoring goal/s
4 goals in 14 matches... not exactly lighting it up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 09, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »

Allyuh men can't see the forest for the trees... how man goals does Stoke's leading scorer have for the season?  How many goals does Kenwyne have?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #787 on: December 09, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »

Allyuh men can't see the forest for the trees... how man goals does Stoke's leading scorer have for the season?  How many goals does Kenwyne have?
Depends on if yuh counting cup games, actually. If so, they both have 4. As usual, there's very little difference between them. Crouch ahead of him because he's better technically.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:47:34 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
Kenwyne flamed out at Sunderland and it was Keane fault.  Bruce came in, and it was "he putting that shitty Darren Bent ahead of 'we' boy"... gone to Stoke, and again... it was Pulis fault for not playing him.  Now Hughes come in and still KJ can't get a run... and we blaming Hughes for not playing him.  Anyone see a common denominator here? 

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 09, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »
Kenwyne flamed out at Sunderland and it was Keane fault.  Bruce came in, and it was "he putting that shitty Darren Bent ahead of 'we' boy"... gone to Stoke, and again... it was Pulis fault for not playing him.  Now Hughes come in and still KJ can't get a run... and we blaming Hughes for not playing him.  Anyone see a common denominator here? 
I see you making up facts as a common denominator.

He never 'flamed out' under Keane. He was their leading scorer two seasons in a row. Under Bruce, he was played alongside Bent and formed a very exciting and productive partnership that Bent named as his best partnership ever. Bruce tried to upgrade on him with Gyan which didn't work out at all. Went to Stoke, was leading scorer again and led them to a cup final and Europe. Also the leading scorer in Europe. Pulis tried to upgrade on him with Crouch which still ain't work out yet.

He's not great technically, so his sees the bench as soon as a 'better' player come in. It has yet to improve those teams. In fact, they get worse. He must have a gripe about that.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2013, 11:04:16 AM »

Kenwyne has 4 goals in 9 matches...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »

He never 'flamed out' under Keane. He was their leading scorer two seasons in a row. Under Bruce, he was played alongside Bent and formed a very exciting and productive partnership that Bent named as his best partnership ever. Bruce tried to upgrade on him with Gyan which didn't work out at all. Went to Stoke, was leading scorer again and led them to a cup final and Europe. Also the leading scorer in Europe. Pulis tried to upgrade on him with Crouch which still ain't work out yet.

He's not great technically, so his sees the bench as soon as a 'better' player come in. It has yet to improve those teams. In fact, they get worse. He must have a gripe about that.
:thumbsup:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »

:thumbsup:
:whistling: :thumbsup: everytime slice bread show up..ppl shame to say they did like hops.. to cheap for we
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:47:30 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 09, 2013, 04:09:16 PM »

Really?  So I've "made up facts" about his situation under each of those situations?  How did his situation at Sunderland turn out in the end?  was he trying to leave the club or was the club happy to get rid of him?  That started under Keane.  He scored 9 goals for Sunderland in his final season with the club, yet they actually paid Stoke City money to take him off their wage bill... but he didn't flame out?  What part of that did I make up?

Did I make up the part about men on here talking about how Bruce was playing Bent ahead of him and how Bent was nothing without KJ?  In fact I don't even need to argue that, just scroll back thru this very thread and it right there for you to see. Allyuh men love to develop selective amnesia.  Same way when ah talk about how his insubordination at Southampton yuh jump up and bawl about redtrinigirl or somebody being "close" to the situation having inside information... that was all over the papers and which actually disproved the point yuh was trying to make.  Nobody hid any bids from him, the bids were made in the open and were rejected.  He then decided he wasn't playing for the club anymore.  So that's three coaches who grew tired of him... Redknapp, Kean and Bruce.

Which brings us to Stoke... who broke their bank (and club record) to sign him.  Before you know it Pulis fall off the bandwagon and KJ get relegated to permanent bench duty.  I must be making that one up too.  The situation became so toxic that KJ took to slamming the former manager in the press.  Now we seeing a similar pattern with Hughes.  I guess is his fault too that KJ not performing up to expectations.  That would be 5 successive managers now that he's fallen out of favor with... but I guess I making that one up too.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
When the odds are against you, you need to take every chance with both hands. May not be fair in the overall context of his situation but he has to do the best he can for himself at every given opportunity whether he get a look in for 9 or 90 minutes in a game.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: December 29, 2013, 02:26:33 PM »
What de f#ck is wrong with Mark Hughes!!! Stoke and Crouch playing sh!t and KJ can't even get a cobeaux sweat off the bench?? This is their 6th game in this busy holiday season and no rotation for Jones to get a look in??  :bs: As I've said before in another post these bloody Englishmen PUNISH our players for going overseas and playing for the national team! KJ, Hoyte, Boucaud and Carlos have all suffered or are suffering. Notice that Birchall getting 90 mins with Port Vale consistently now that he's retired from international football. Someone needs to take a hard look at this...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 29, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
What de f#ck is wrong with Mark Hughes!!! Stoke and Crouch playing sh!t and KJ can't even get a cobeaux sweat off the bench?? This is their 6th game in this busy holiday season and no rotation for Jones to get a look in??  :bs: As I've said before in another post these bloody Englishmen PUNISH our players for going overseas and playing for the national team! KJ, Hoyte, Boucaud and Carlos have all suffered or are suffering. Notice that Birchall getting 90 mins with Port Vale consistently now that he's retired from international football. Someone needs to take a hard look at this...
All signs point to KJ leaving in January. So he's likely only on the bench in case of extreme emergency.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 29, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »
All signs point to KJ leaving in January. So he's likely only on the bench in case of extreme emergency.
but will you advise him to take it ? Even West Ham ? That' not even green grass over there.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »
I read an article just now saying that Swansea hv him back on their radar!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 30, 2013, 08:29:45 AM »
Michu ain't on fire no more (and out til February), Bony ain't adapt to the league yet (if ever), and their other two strikers anonymous.

I eh know if he able with that brand, but he'd give them more up top than they currently have.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 30, 2013, 12:44:57 PM »
Michu ain't on fire no more (and out til February), Bony ain't adapt to the league yet (if ever), and their other two strikers anonymous.

I eh know if he able with that brand, but he'd give them more up top than they currently have.

I pray this is true.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:12 PM »

I pray this is true.
Only if he able. Doh make sense going nowhere to be no boo boy.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 30, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »

I pray this is true.
Only if he able. Doh make sense going nowhere to be no boo boy.

He'll play anywhere more than he's playing at Stoke. They've played what feels like 8 games in 3 weeks and that boy has not seen ANY playing time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 30, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

If they're willing to bring him aboard he should literally jump with both feet.  I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for him, and I actually think, based on the modest improvement we saw during the GC, that he would be adaptable to that short-passing brand.  I don't know that he'd succeed, but I think he'd adapt... and I could think of no better coach in England right now (other than Rodgers or Martinez) that I'd rather see him play for than Laudrup.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 31, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »

If they're willing to bring him aboard he should literally jump with both feet.  I think it would be a fantastic opportunity for him, and I actually think, based on the modest improvement we saw during the GC, that he would be adaptable to that short-passing brand.  I don't know that he'd succeed, but I think he'd adapt... and I could think of no better coach in England right now (other than Rodgers or Martinez) that I'd rather see him play for than Laudrup.

Oddly enough i kinda like Wilfred Bony's game. Does a lot with a little.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 31, 2013, 05:31:31 PM »

Oddly enough i kinda like Wilfred Bony's game. Does a lot with a little.

I like his game as well, I think he could be a terror just based on the little I've seen.  He hasn't scored in 6 weeks though so I think that's a concern.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »

Well said Bakes. Agreed
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 01, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
                    GS   SB   G   A   SH   SG   FC   FS   YC   RC

Walters-Prem   18   0   1   2   22   8   25   32   6   0
 Crouch-Prem   14   3   3   4   24   11   15   16   3   0
Arnautovic -Prem12   1   1   1   32   6   11   8   1   0

Time to try a different combo..like
Jones-   Prem.     4   3   0   0   9   3   5   5   0   0
Pennant-Prem    0   7   1   0   1   1   2   5   0   0

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:05 AM »
Looks like Jones will be leaving soon. Not a single game during the busy period. Pennant looked like he played a striker role when he came on today, based on the glimpse I saw. Stoke looked like they dropped 2 points today.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 01, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »
Looks like Jones will be leaving soon. Not a single game during the busy period. Pennant looked like he played a striker role when he came on today, based on the glimpse I saw. Stoke looked like they dropped 2 points today.

Pennant cost them two points with a forward's challenge in the box in the dregs.

1]; } ?>