April 23, 2024, 06:02:13 PM

Author Topic: Does Warner's fight with the players .....  (Read 1587 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Does Warner's fight with the players .....
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:47:38 AM »
I was wondering if Warner's fight with the soca warriors constitutes political interference into the affairs of the TTFF ? If so, what does FIFA have to say about a government Minister controlling the affairs of the governing body for football in the country ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Does Warner's fight with the players .....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:55:39 AM »
1. No.

2. Nothing.

Haven't we been down this road before with this question?  steups

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
In light of Camps resignation statement how do you view this article ? Is he being pressured to resign ?

In France, trying to separate football from politics is a little like trying to separate the Brazilian national team from the color yellow; the two are synonymous in world soccer.  As the New York Times reported following France's winless group stage exit from South Africa 2010, everyone from low-level politicians to well-known philosophers to right-wing demagogues have chimed in on what the "meaning" is behind a bunch of French stars playing like numpties because they despise their inept manager.

The problem is FIFA always has maintained that national football associations — in this case, the French Football Federation (FFF) — should be solely responsible for soccer and free from political interference.  It seems the resignation of FFF president, Jean-Pierre Escalettes, described as "unavoidable" by the French sports minister, was for FIFA president Sepp Blatter the final straw.  As Blatter told reporters:

"In France they have made an 'affaire d'Etat' with football, but football remains in the hands of the federation.  French football can rely on FIFA in case of political interference even if it is at presidential level, it is a clear message.  We will help the national association and if it cannot be solved by consultation then the only thing we have is to suspend the federation."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »
1. No.

2. Nothing.

Haven't we been down this road before with this question?  steups

...The problem is FIFA always has maintained that national football associations — in this case, the French Football Federation (FFF) — should be solely responsible for soccer and free from political interference.  It seems the resignation of FFF president, Jean-Pierre Escalettes, described as "unavoidable" by the French sports minister, was for FIFA president Sepp Blatter the final straw.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »
point here is that we have only heard what Warner has to say about the courts recent decision ...we have not heard from the association ...are the views of the association different from warner's ? Who pays the players according to the decision ? Warner or the TTFF ?
how come no one is asking the TTFF about the recent court decision ? We fraid to ask if it have someone in de nner circle who has had enough ? I dont know this to be a fact but after years of silence Camps statement about resigning if opposed .. sets off a little bell ... Ting going nice ...you have all de marbles in de ring covered ...and you want to go home now ?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »
Jah, I understand your point. When Warner is quoted it is as Minister of Works or Acting Prime Minister. Technically, Warner should no longer be commenting and all reaction should come via TTFF. \

Another problem is that the players are now battling a government minister over FIFA WC fees. If Warner refuses to follow the arbitration ruling, FIFA should suspend TTFF until they comply. Warner would not be able to intercede as governments can't get involved in FIFA business.

Finally, this FIFA/govt seperation should have resulted in Warners resignation from all FIFA positions, including CONCACAF and CFU.   

Rules can't be retrospective unless specifically stated, so the fact these events happened before Warner was in govt is irrelevant.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Jah, I understand your point. When Warner is quoted it is as Minister of Works or Acting Prime Minister. Technically, Warner should no longer be commenting and all reaction should come via TTFF. \

Another problem is that the players are now battling a government minister over FIFA WC fees. If Warner refuses to follow the arbitration ruling, FIFA should suspend TTFF until they comply. Warner would not be able to intercede as governments can't get involved in FIFA business.

Finally, this FIFA/govt seperation should have resulted in Warners resignation from all FIFA positions, including CONCACAF and CFU.   

Rules can't be retrospective unless specifically stated, so the fact these events happened before Warner was in govt is irrelevant.

Post boy!!!!!! I could not agree with you more.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »
In light of Camps resignation statement how do you view this article ? Is he being pressured to resign ?

Hold up, Camps going somewhere??  I goh believe that when Jack say it....

point here is that we have only heard what Warner has to say about the courts recent decision ...we have not heard from the association ...are the views of the association different from warner's ? Who pays the players according to the decision ? Warner or the TTFF ?
how come no one is asking the TTFF about the recent court decision ? We fraid to ask if it have someone in de nner circle who has had enough ? I dont know this to be a fact but after years of silence Camps statement about resigning if opposed .. sets off a little bell ... Ting going nice ...you have all de marbles in de ring covered ...and you want to go home now ?

Jai some of the questions you ask are rhetorical surely?? 

As for why there is no discussion on the recent court decision, well I tried to get Tony and Dale to discuss it one morning on their show and they said that Mr. Warner has stated that the fight is far from over and we have to wait for the TTFF/Jack's next move.  So I left it there...

However, I heard a caller say that he didn't go to the game on Wednesday because he wants the players to be paid first.  Then there was a letter to the editor today in the Express asking for an investigation by the Min of Sports into the TTFF....poor fella eh understand how Jack have Anil tied up.  My point is that, even though the numbers are small, people are following this story closely.....because of the nature of the issue its not going to go away.  In fact mark the 30th of August on your calendar.  That's when the TTFF MUST submit the mysterious accounts (among other things) to the courts.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 10:44:21 PM »

Hold up, Camps going somewhere??  I goh believe that when Jack say it....

Jai some of the questions you ask are rhetorical surely?? 

As for why there is no discussion on the recent court decision, well I tried to get Tony and Dale to discuss it one morning on their show and they said that Mr. Warner has stated that the fight is far from over and we have to wait for the TTFF/Jack's next move.  So I left it there...

However, I heard a caller say that he didn't go to the game on Wednesday because he wants the players to be paid first.  Then there was a letter to the editor today in the Express asking for an investigation by the Min of Sports into the TTFF....poor fella eh understand how Jack have Anil tied up.  My point is that, even though the numbers are small, people are following this story closely.....because of the nature of the issue its not going to go away.  In fact mark the 30th of August on your calendar.  That's when the TTFF MUST submit the mysterious accounts (among other things) to the courts.....

Aug 30 d next day dat a court order will b ignored.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:38:26 PM »
Jah, I understand your point. When Warner is quoted it is as Minister of Works or Acting Prime Minister. Technically, Warner should no longer be commenting and all reaction should come via TTFF.

Says who?  The man can wear as many hats as his head can fit... and as we know, his head is quite swollen these days.

Warner's role as Minister of Transportation has no bearing on his FIFA roles.  Not only does Minister of Transportation have no say in sporting matters (therefore he won't be able to intercede in that regard), but any suit brought against him personally has no direct effect on his Ministerial duties, nor vice versa.

Why should Warner resign?  The FIFA regulations are that government must not INTERFERE with FIFA business... it doesn't say that there can be no commingling of duties.  People either fail to understand what "interfere" means or they assume any mixing of the two in prohibited... which it isn't.  Blatter himself has pointed out that Jack Warner is not the first FIFA official to simultaneously hold a government position.

1]; } ?>