March 28, 2024, 04:43:57 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).  (Read 128716 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).
« on: August 15, 2010, 06:37:38 AM »
05-Sept, 18:00, Trinidad and Tobago v Chile.

09-Sept, 19:00, Trinidad and Tobago v Nigeria.

12-Sept, 18:00, Trinidad and Tobago v Korea DPR

Squad List.

1.Keri Myers (11/01/1994)
2.Rose Bahadursingh (27/10/1993)
3.Diarra Simmons (11/09/1995)
4.Patrice Vincent (10/04/1993)
5.Lauren Schmidt (capt) - (27/04/1993)
6.Khadisha Debesette (06/01/1995)
7.Brianna Ryce (25/01/1994)
8.Victoria Swift (29/01/1995)
9.Liana Hinds (23/02/1995)
10.Jo-Marie Lewis (11/12/1993)
11.Khadidra Debesette (06/01/1995)
12.Kayla Taylor (29/10/1994)
13.Nykosi Simmons (31/01/1993)
14.Emma Abdul (17/08/1995)
15.Camille Charles (01/10/1993)
16.Rehana Omadeen (25/03/1993)
17.Jonelle Warrick (14/03/1995)
18.Jasmine SAMPSON (21/12/1993)
19.Anique Walker (04/02/1995)
20.Shalette Alexander (20/12/1993)
21.Linfah Jones (07/02/1993)

Other Matches & Groups.

LIVE LINKS

http://fifa2.feedroom.com/

http://www.footyfire.com/

ngr vs kdpr 3pm est
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=86350&part=sports

tt vs chile 6pm est
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=86349&part=sports

delayed feed hopefully, they will show it today - CTNT

http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

radio - i95 (not sure if they bringing it)

http://www.i955fm.com/newlive/player.html
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:34:27 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ahkeela Mollon urging us to support the team
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VI2Erhfcd9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VI2Erhfcd9M</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Group A Pick and Preview
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
2010 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Kamal’s Group – by – Group Pick and Preview: FIFA World Cup Soccer
sportschatplace.com

The second ever FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will be taking place in a few weeks time, held twice a year since 2008 this is an international showcase of the immerging female talent the world has to offer. Unlike its senior male counterpart, this is only a 16-team tournament, which will make for a more exciting group stages then usual. I will be doing a group-by-group analysis of this year’s participants and also make some pre tournament selections of which teams I think will advance, so lets get started.

Group A will boast the hosts Trinidad & Tobago as well as the defending champions in North Korea. Joining them will be Nigeria and Chile.

Group A
Trinidad & Tobago
Nigeria
Chile
North Korea

T & T being the host nation didn’t have to go through qualifying, but that should not be held against them. This team is an unknown quantity, having never been to the World Cup. However, as it has been proven before in international soccer being a host nation is a driving force in it’s self. They have a very experienced coach in Even Pellerud, who has led both Norway’s and Canada’s senior women’s sides. With him leading Norway to the final in 1991 (lost to eventual champions USA) and leading Canada to a 4th place back in 2003 the Trinidad & Tobago FA is hoping to start building similar success at youth level.

Nigeria is the top dogs in African Women’s soccer, and will look to prove that in this tournament. They didn’t have a great time in the inaugural tournament, as they place third in a group that boasted Brazil, England and eventual champions North Korea. As the top team out of Africa once again they hope to have an easier run to the final, and although they are grouped against the defending champs again they should feel confident with the draw they’ve received. This squad as with any level of Nigerian soccer men’s or women’s boast size and power, they will surly be the “bullies” of the group and maybe the tournament.

As for Chile, they are another of those “new kids on the block”, but boast some real talented players. It wouldn’t surprise anyone if they advance out of this group, but it won’t be easy. This group formed only three years ago, which in international soccer isn’t very long at all. However, unlike other countries they didn’t just throw a team together they carefully cultivated the top talent the countries women had to offer. They owe a lot of this development to the U-20 men’s side that was so successful in 2007, this along with their bid for the 2008 U-20 Women’s World Cup bid and the Senior Men’s performance in South Africa this past summer has put Chile on the map.

Lastly there is North Korea; the defending champions have become a soccer power in the women’s game. This is a nation that is always covered in secrecy, but their talent is anything but. They play a fast paced, frenetic style that is very hard to defend. Although their players are on the smaller side they use this to their advantage and catch many teams off guard. Their confidence has grown, and they know they can beat teams like Brazil, England and the USA (who shockingly aren’t in this years competition). This is the class of the field, and they are now the hunted.

Teams to Advance: North Korea and Nigeria

Final Thoughts: Although this group looks straight forward, don’t sleep on Chile. They might look like they are a couple years away but this team is capable of surprising. In T&T’s case, we all know what host nations can do in a short tournament like the World Cup.

Offline riab

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
T&T defeated the European finalist Ireland 3-0 this evening.  Don't underestimate this team - they may very well surprise their competitors.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:18:22 AM by riab »

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »
T&T defeated the European finalist Ireland 3-0 this evening.  Don't underestimate this team - they may very well surprise their competitors.

Well done ladies  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Excellent result!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
 :applause: im planning on going the first game hopefully
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chilean girls want to make impression against T&T
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »
Chilean girls want to make impression against T&T
T&T Express

Chile's national Under-17 women's footballers are expected in Port of Spain on Wednesday and will be coming to these shores eager to make an impression and kick-start their campaign with a win over hosts Trinidad and Tobago in the opening match of the FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup on September 5 at 6 p.m. at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. That will follow an earlier encounter between Nigeria and Korea DPR at 3 p.m.

The Chileans have been hard at work in recent weeks preparing for the competition and head coach Ronnie Radonich is convinced  that they possess the qualities necessary to progress beyond the group stage and possibly go the full distance.

"Our expectation is to come as high as possible in the tournament  but the most important is for us to try and put on the best performance in the World Cup because it's  our responsibility to represent the development of  women's football in Chile. I hope to demonstrate with this group of girls  the  progress we have made after two years of constant work," Radonich told TTFF Media.

He added: "Our first step is play our group matches and qualify to the next  phase and fight to come as highest as possible in the competition."

On the task of facing the hosts in the opening match before a partisan crowd at the Mucurapo venue, Radonich said his team will be ready for the challenge.

"It's very important to us to play the inaugural match of the World Cup against the local team. It will be a big experience for the players. The quality of the rivals is high, but in the Worlds Cups anything is accessible.

"We are in the same group with the local host team and the last champion of the previous U-17 World Cup in New Zealand. But we trust our work and the quality of our players will help towards a  great performance in the tournament.

"We want to go to the World Cup in the hope that we're not just going there to take part, but that we can aim for the very top. In fact, we want to go for the title in Trinidad and Tobago," Radonich concluded.

Radonich led Chile to  the top of a first-round  South American qualifying group containing Venezuela, Argentina, reigning continental champs Colombia, and Uruguay without tasting defeat. An emphatic 4-1 semi-final victory over Paraguay followed, though hosts Brazil proved far too strong when inflicting a heavy 7-0 reverse in the final.

Striker Yanara Aedo and teammate Francisca Moroso are listed as the key figures in the Chilean team.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
ah kinda late ah know  :-\, but where can i get tickets for the game Sunday?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:05:45 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 06:26:41 PM »
you is something else...
call 868-625-0301 or 868-627-6263
All tickets will be distributed on the following dates at the Dr. João Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya, Trinidad:

June 26th
      July 24th
      August 28th

Ticket categories and prices are as follows:

* Opening & Closing games

Category 1 (covered stands) - $60.00TT
Category 2 (uncovered stands) - $40.00TT

* Group games

Category 1 (covered stands) - $40.00TT
Category 2 (uncovered stands) - $20.00TT

Helpful hints:

What information do I have to provide along with my purchase?
You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, nationality, National Identification card number/passport number (whichever you will walk with as your form of identification for collection of tickets) and a printout of your purchase confirmation.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
you is something else...
call 868-625-0301 or 868-627-6263
All tickets will be distributed on the following dates at the Dr. João Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya, Trinidad:

June 26th
      July 24th
      August 28th

Ticket categories and prices are as follows:

* Opening & Closing games

Category 1 (covered stands) - $60.00TT
Category 2 (uncovered stands) - $40.00TT

* Group games

Category 1 (covered stands) - $40.00TT
Category 2 (uncovered stands) - $20.00TT

Helpful hints:

What information do I have to provide along with my purchase?
You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, nationality, National Identification card number/passport number (whichever you will walk with as your form of identification for collection of tickets) and a printout of your purchase confirmation.

So T&T's games r at the Marvin Lee Stad. or Hasley Crawford???
saw above it was the HCF...but collecting it in macoya making me have to ask jus in case

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 06:36:33 PM »
see how the media have people clueless. so wait i see august 28th, does that mean the time past to get it?  ??? i kinda slow today excuse meh  :-[

edit ah go call tomorrow
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:04:42 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 06:44:57 PM »
Two things:
1. Akeela Mollon's pep talk was great.
2. If there is ay time to jump on a bandwagon, it is now.  Go Soca Princesses!  We are all behind you!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
see how the media have people clueless. so wait i see august 28th, does that mean the time past to get it?  ??? i kinda slow today excuse meh  :-[

edit ah go call tomorrow

D.H.W, when you get any info regarding tickets, could you please post it here...I in the same boat as you  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 08:25:05 PM »

edit ah go call tomorrow

D.H.W, when you get any info regarding tickets, could you please post it here...I in the same boat as you  :beermug: :beermug:

no problem.

next week Sunday is game and is like the media sleeping, they aint even mention the win today in news
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 09:36:13 AM »
so ah call and all ah getting is buys tone. ill try again after lunch . stueps real joke yes. Should ah be a website or something.
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
so ah call and all ah getting is buys tone. ill try again after lunch . stueps real joke yes. Should ah be a website or something.

I followed the procedure outlined on the website...booked my tickets online, went down to COE to collect my tickets on saturday only to learn from a security guard that there is no ticket collection in COE and the info on the website was wrong  >:( >:( 
These people are a bunch of jokers .....I'm hoping we could just buy tickets on game day, otherwise I dunno   ??? ???

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »
http://ttffonline.com/shop/index.php?cPath=38_44

ok this not making any sense

Tickets will be distributed at the Dr. Jo?o Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya, Trinidad on the following dates:

Phase 1 – Saturday June 26, 2010

Phase 2 – Saturday July 31, 2010

Phase 3 – Saturday August 28, 2010

the tickets still on sale on the website, but if the date pass to pick it up how im i getting it?

-----

.edit ok i put through my order waiting to see what happens

ok. it gone through, now to find out how i picking it up.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:34:11 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnKt0ds0s6Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XnKt0ds0s6Q</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Can anybody tell me when and where i can pickup the tickets? i just ordered it online , all the numbers busy on the helpline.
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »
i just goin an buy on d day. im hopin dat option is available. i dont see why it wouldnt.  :-\

D.H.W, if u get thru, let me know please
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:08 PM »
same story girl, line busy or nobody picking up, stueps  :( like they doh want nobody to watch the games
Youtube Channel

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
lol....I see things eh change.  Normal scene in Trini.   I guess allyuh have to storm dem games....LOL

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Princesses have right tempo ahead of kick-off
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 04:39:21 AM »
Soca Princesses have right tempo ahead of kick-off
T&T Guardian

National Under-17 Women’s captain Lauren Schmidt and Emma Abdul both have contrasting ways of spending their time in the hours the night before or on the day leading off to the kick-off of a football match. So what does Abdul do to get herself mentally ready for a kick off? She said: “The day before a game I normally write out all the things I should and shouldn’t do on the field. “And the day of the game I shut everything out and just listen to my iPod and focus.”

As for Schmidt, she usually goes into her “own world” with music coming through her headsets. “Personally I get really quiet and avoid conversations where I can. “I listen to a playlist of about 20 songs starting the day before the game. “If it finishes I just restart it. I don’t stop until right before I go out on the field.
“The music just pumps me up and gets me thinking about different aspects of my game,” Schmidt said.

Both overseas players are additions to coach Even Pellerud’s team after being invited for trials and indicated that they benefited from the experience in Brazil, Venezuela and Fort Lauderdale. The T&T team returned home on Monday from Ft Lauderdale where they defeated Republic of Ireland 3-0 on Saturday. They will go into a live-in camp at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Port of Spain and continue preparation for the event which kicks off at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
I geeet 2 text from bmobile yday advising meh bout tickets. Like dey now know d games strtin sunday. LOUDDDDDD STEUPSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 12:08:52 PM »
Why doesnt the USA have a team in this competition? No way they failed to qualify
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 12:15:08 PM »
Why doesnt the USA have a team in this competition? No way they failed to qualify

That's exactly what happened. Dey lorse on penalty kicks to Canada in de semi-finals of qualification.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
I geeet 2 text from bmobile yday advising meh bout tickets. Like dey now know d games strtin sunday. LOUDDDDDD STEUPSSSSS

any info where to get them?
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »

any info where to get them?

Sorry did not pay any attention if I get another 1 I will pay attention just 4 u?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 09:39:50 PM »
 :) thank you
Youtube Channel

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »
are these games being televised internationally or covered by the bigger media houses? or they dont want to pay the pipers fees

piper aka jack warner

1]; } ?>