March 29, 2024, 04:41:32 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).  (Read 128822 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).
« Reply #960 on: September 14, 2010, 12:33:16 PM »
Nigeria - Korea Republic
Germany - Korea DPR

this right here is rel thunder  :o

I might take in Ireland - Japan
Why Arima only get one game steups

You lucky they get one. that pitch is a real mess.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 14, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
Nigeria - Korea Republic
Germany - Korea DPR

this right here is rel thunder  :o

I might take in Ireland - Japan
Why Arima only get one game steups

You lucky they get one. that pitch is a real mess.

ent!, actually Arima have a semifinal on tue. Watch eh them idiots never take care of that field properly, i use to train in larry gomes since before men kick ball on that. They use to pack the field with sand to fix it, it have thing eating the grass. The whole pitch need re surfacing , i really thought they would have done that
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:59:49 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 14, 2010, 05:42:01 PM »
Yesterday, the girls needing a win to move onto the 2nd round from all reports didn't play with the energy they showed in previous games and we lose.  Nothing wrong with losing, but there seems to be some sort of psychological block where our sports teams are concerned when it comes to THE BIG MOMENT...especially AT HOME.

IMHO one of the biggest reasons these young ladies did not play with energy as they showed in the previous two matches was because their nerves got the better of them. The hopes and dreams of a nation rests on their shoulders is way to much for U17 ladies to bear. The TTFF and its Soca Supporters are to take the blame for doing this to these young ladies. Who's genius was it to invite the Prime Minister to meet the Princesses just before there biggest match of there lives. The media frenzy was a complete zoo and as much you can prepare by playing bigger faster better competition on the pitches through out the world in freindlies however short of having psychological counselling seasons pre-tournament ( I know Candad does) its not rocket science why the squads performace was what it was.
Many forumites are encouraged by the performaces shown by the Princesses in this WC and so they should be as it bodes well for the bigger picture and that of the climb of the senior womens program as one day many of these young Prinesses will be apart of the later. The criticism of the coach and his direct style of footaball is unfair as that is his style and he has shown much success over the years woth Canada and Norway. CHeers to the Princesses and their moving forward within the system.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 14, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »
You know tv6 does ask some dotish questions in the hot topic, they asking if we should keep the coach, and how people criticize the team for losing the the games i waiting to hear d dumb comments people make. Some people expecting us to beat North Korea , Nigeria and make it to the next round in one try. People have to realise we dont have a massive player pool of women to choose from.
The man have a four year contract to develop womens football, he win our first world cup game, and turn d womens football in this country into being something competitive in 18 months. Why would tv6 ask if we should keep the man, we ever had a good womens team before? That just inviting ah bunch ah dunce to make some idiotic statements. We really don't need that shit now.

end rant/..
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 14, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
You know tv6 does ask some dotish questions in the hot topic, they asking if we should keep the coach, and how people criticize the team for losing the the games i waiting to hear d dumb comments people make. Some people expecting us to beat North Korea , Nigeria and make it to the next round in one try. People have to realise we dont have a massive player pool of women to choose from.
The man have a four year contract to develop womens football, he win our first world cup game, and turn d womens football in this country into being something competitive in 18 months. Why would tv6 ask if we should keep the man, we ever had a good womens team before? That just inviting ah bunch ah dunce to make some idiotic statements. We really don't need that shit now.

end rant/..

:applause:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 14, 2010, 09:52:32 PM »

end rant/..

you could look at it that way.
Or you could look at it as them inviting the fans to come out and compliment the man for the work he did and earn him an extension before his contract comes up. I listened to it and the way the question was asked didn't seem to indicate an outright "Pelleruud fail should we keep him"

Also, I don't know how many of us here know what the terms of Pelleruud's contract was. Maybe one of his targets was to get us out of the first round? Remember when Jack fire BSC for not making the finals of the Gold Cup ::) I'm not saying that he deserves to go just on that alone - I quite like what i saw for most of the tournament - but his employers may not see it fit. If you're so concerned about the idiots logging in to TV6 to get the man fired then you might want to log in yourself and counter some of the negativity

At the end of the day, sounds to me like the hot topic as a TV6 marketing tool if nothing else, working, given that you on here talking about it :angel:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:45 AM »
is via text message so only certain messages they will show on tv once a day. it not public like a message board. d coach said his intructions was to be competitive in d tornament, thats what i heard him say on tv. Also he is in charge of overseeing all womens football teams.

edit: Yes d hot topic working  :devil: and im pissed
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:49:25 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 15, 2010, 07:01:47 AM »

end rant/..

you could look at it that way.
Or you could look at it as them inviting the fans to come out and compliment the man for the work he did and earn him an extension before his contract comes up. I listened to it and the way the question was asked didn't seem to indicate an outright "Pelleruud fail should we keep him"

Also, I don't know how many of us here know what the terms of Pellerud's contract was. Maybe one of his targets was to get us out of the first round? Remember when Jack fire BSC for not making the finals of the Gold Cup ::) I'm not saying that he deserves to go just on that alone - I quite like what i saw for most of the tournament - but his employers may not see it fit. If you're so concerned about the idiots logging in to TV6 to get the man fired then you might want to log in yourself and counter some of the negativity

At the end of the day, sounds to me like the hot topic as a TV6 marketing tool if nothing else, working, given that you on here talking about it :angel:

Big picture here folks .... BIG picture .. Coach Pellerud was given a four year contract to be the Director of Womens football in Trinidad. He chose to be hands on with the U17-WC team in order to ensure this country was well represented and was competitive. Was the goal achieved. IMHO yes it was. is there still work to do ?? Yes there is !! Does Coach pellerud want to still stay considering the political climate , does the TTFF still want him? I would think yes and he has set up the infrastructure to ensure future successes in the female national program. Local player and coaching development is the key to the long term success coupled with utlizing the best of the best foreign based players who are committed to the cause. The Womens side can be expected to be competitve in all large world events . JMHO.

Cheers   19

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 15, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »
Yesterday, the girls needing a win to move onto the 2nd round from all reports didn't play with the energy they showed in previous games and we lose.  Nothing wrong with losing, but there seems to be some sort of psychological block where our sports teams are concerned when it comes to THE BIG MOMENT...especially AT HOME.

IMHO one of the biggest reasons these young ladies did not play with energy as they showed in the previous two matches was because their nerves got the better of them. The hopes and dreams of a nation rests on their shoulders is way to much for U17 ladies to bear. The TTFF and its Soca Supporters are to take the blame for doing this to these young ladies. Who's genius was it to invite the Prime Minister to meet the Princesses just before there biggest match of there lives. The media frenzy was a complete zoo and as much you can prepare by playing bigger faster better competition on the pitches through out the world in freindlies however short of having psychological counselling seasons pre-tournament ( I know Candad does) its not rocket science why the squads performace was what it was.
Many forumites are encouraged by the performaces shown by the Princesses in this WC and so they should be as it bodes well for the bigger picture and that of the climb of the senior womens program as one day many of these young Prinesses will be apart of the later. The criticism of the coach and his direct style of footaball is unfair as that is his style and he has shown much success over the years woth Canada and Norway. CHeers to the Princesses and their moving forward within the system.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :applause: :applause:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A postcard from Tobago
« Reply #969 on: September 15, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »
A postcard from Tobago
FIFA.com

The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup was on the radio, on the street corners and beaches, in the roti shops and fishing spots. On the smaller of the two islands that comprise Trinidad and Tobago, the tournament and its results were on everyone’s lips. Gently mocked by their neighbours and countrymen from comparatively large and developed Trinidad, Tobagonians’ rhythm, pace and humour are all suited to a tender appreciation of the beautiful game.

“What that him say? What about Tobago?” asked loudly an agitated female voice from the crowd on Matchday 1 when the PA man announced the score from Port of Spain as 'Trinidad 2, Chile 1!' Dressed all in red and with the power of a category-four Caribbean hurricane, Miss Tobago would not relent.

“This is Trinidad and Tobago, not Trinidad! This is our team!” No such mistakes were made the next day out at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, named after the tiny island’s favourite son and a legend of Manchester United’s treble-winning side of 1999. Trinidad may have the industry and the night clubs, the fancy restaurants and the big football clubs, but Tobago has a natural beauty, a slow, infectious pace and Dwight Yorke, who returns often to Canaan, his hometown on the grittier fringes of Scarborough.

“Those Germans are monsters,” was what taxi driver William had to say about one of the games on the island he’s never set foot off. “Ten goals they scored against South Africa. That’s a different level.”

Chatter about the Germans’ two big wins en route to a first-placed finish in Group B was buzzing all around the island, in the capital of Scarborough and the bustle near the airport on Crown Point. Even the bare-chested fisherman near Pigeon Point, busy scaling and gutting all manner of sea creatures, had the games on their minds. “Mexico got beat but bad,” was the assessment of Nubian, between sips of his favoured Guinness Stout, poking at hunks of Barracuda on the makeshift grill.

“Tobago is like heaven, and I know what I’m talking about,” said Horace, who has been driving a cab around the 116 square miles of the island for over 30 years. “I remember when we had the U-17 boys here in 2001 - we had a good party then. There was [Javier] Mascherano and [Fernando] Torres playing!” he added, somewhere between the secluded wonder of Englishman’s Bay on the Caribbean coast and the lush rain forest interior.

For such a tiny place, Tobago has hosted two FIFA competitions. No-one, then or now, leaves with a bad word to say about it. “This is an amazing place,” said Republic of Ireland coach Noel King, on the island for the first time on its last matchday to book a place in the quarter-finals. “The final should be played here.”

Sunday School and kick-abouts
The birthplace of Sunday School – the Buccoo-based music, dance and drink extravaganza that kicks off every Sunday night through to dawn – Tobago is a winding expanse of natural wonder, inviting bays and laid-back characters willing to show you why they love their home. “We play here every Sunday,” said John, taking part in the traditional Sunday morning kick-about on Bacolet Beach.

And when sun bathers from a nearby five-star resort tried to keep them from their raucous game, they didn’t stand a chance. “I’m going to tell the hotel manager,” an irritated Italian woman shouted as she scuttled off, dragging her deck chair behind her. “She don’t make no rules around here,” a dreadlocked player grunted as he strut toward the improvised pitch, half sand and half rising Atlantic.

There is a tradition on the island of Tobago, one called ‘Liming.’ It means to hang out, casually, with no agenda and no destination. There are a few elements necessary to properly ‘lime’: a football, a Carib or Stag beer, some sea water and a big smile. “Why we call it ‘liming?’” William said when asked, a grin on his face. “Because it’s like a lime: sometimes its sweet, sometimes sour.”

The demands of a FIFA tournament are rigorous, the players and officials tense and focused. But here there were a few more smiles than usual, even from the referees, before the sun set on this little venue with a big love of football and life.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »

end rant/..

The pool of the players got nothing to do with the loss, and everything to do with incompetence. Pellerud sat there him the whole tournament with our best attacking defensive player on the bench. We losing to North korea, why not put in Rehana? The best defensive player on the team nonetheless! She played, and dem korean nah stand a chance! Rehana would start on any other team(maybe not germany) in this tournament, but Pellerud had her on the bench as we crash out......Utter rubbish.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:51 PM »

end rant/..

The pool of the players got nothing to do with the loss, and everything to do with incompetence. Pellerud sat there him the whole tournament with our best attacking defensive player on the bench. We losing to North korea, why not put in Rehana? The best defensive player on the team nonetheless! She played, and dem korean nah stand a chance! Rehana would start on any other team(maybe not germany) in this tournament, but Pellerud had her on the bench as we crash out......Utter rubbish.

alright nah... take it easy nah family
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 16, 2010, 12:21:36 PM »

RehanaOmardeenfan or RehanaOmardeenmudda?

or RehanaOmardeenherself.....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:25:47 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa U17 Women WC Game veiwing thread
« Reply #974 on: September 16, 2010, 01:52:33 PM »
GAME LIVE ON C NOW - South Korea vs Nigeria
http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: September 16, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 16, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
BESS GAME 2-2 , 23min gone
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 16, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »
3-2 nigeria

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 16, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
Next game at 7pm, live. Germany vs North Korea.

Live (seems to be the best feed right now)
http://www.everythingon.tv/viewChannel.php?channelId=21

Delayed on C at 9pm
http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html

3-2 nigeria

Korea playing like they fraid them
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 16, 2010, 03:33:17 PM »
3-3
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 16, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
WOW  :thumbsup: :notworthy: :applause: 4-3 Korea leading , rel nice play and goal
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
increible as they say in Spanish. 3-4 Korea!!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 16, 2010, 03:53:16 PM »
increible 4-4!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 16, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »
WTF 4-4  :o

keeper take her eye off the ball going for it  :'( then get kick in her head , at least that is what it look to me
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:56:45 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 16, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »
EXTRA TIME!