March 28, 2024, 03:56:29 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).  (Read 128754 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).
« Reply #1050 on: September 18, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
Semi-finals

Match Date - Time  Venue
29    21/09 13:00  Couva  Korea Republic - Spain
30    21/09 16:00  Couva  Korea DPR      - Japan

So decide on Ato.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 18, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »
Semi-finals

Match Date - Time  Venue

So decide on Ato.

all asian team ......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:29 PM »
Semi-finals

Match Date - Time  Venue

So decide on Ato.

all asian team ......

i went the game yesterday, Them Japanese girls have RELLLLLLLLLLLL skill , way sah. That can beat a boys team here easy. If u see they touches them girls have and passing. And they short and quick

PS

Larry Gomes field in a MESSS
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Caribbean football fever takes hold
« Reply #1053 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »
Caribbean football fever takes hold
FIFA.com

“These are the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and I’m not saying that just because I live here.” And who would disagree with Jefferson, a bus driver in Port of Spain, the capital of Trinidad and Tobago? With its stunning beaches, charming houses and lush greenery, not to mention its party spirit, friendly inhabitants and infectious Soca music, this Caribbean nation certainly does have a lot going for it.

Another of the country’s plus points is its love for football. When Trinidad and Tobago took on the challenge of hosting the ninth FIFA U-17 World Cup back in 2001, some 331,198 fans flocked to the games, quite an achievement for a country with a population of around 1,200,000.

Reliving the dream
T&T’s growing support for the game was amply rewarded a few years later when the national team, also known as the Soca Warriors, qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™, their first appearance in the world finals and a feat that sparked jubilant scenes on the islands. “That was one of the greatest events in Trinidadian history. It was amazing,” says a smiling Matthew, who supports San Juan Jabloteh, one of the leading clubs in the T&T Pro League. “Hosting the women’s U-17 World Cup is a chance to enjoy that wonderful feeling all over again.”

Judging by the coverage of the tournament in the press and on TV and the extent to which people are talking about it on the streets, Matthew is right: Trinidad and Tobago 2010 has definitely brought that feelgood factor back. The country’s knowledgeable fans have been turning up in numbers at stadiums from Arima to Marabella, applauding every flash of skill and every feint, the noise levels going up whenever the Soca Princesses get on the ball.

The tournament hosts conquered the hearts of the home fans with their wholehearted performances. The richly deserved standing ovation they received after exiting the competition with a 1-0 defeat to Korea DPR in Couva provided compelling proof of that. “They are wonderful players and they have given their all,” says Marta, an enthusiastic fan in her forties. “It doesn’t matter that they lost. We are very proud of them.” In the process Lauren Schmidt and her battling team-mates have become national heroes, their faces adorning the giant billboards currently lining the country’s roads.

Football as a way of life
For a small nation Trinidad and Tobago has produced more than its fair share of sports stars, among them Ato Boldon, a living legend of track and field, and Brian Lara, one of the greatest cricketers of all time.

Its most famous footballing sons have also overcome difficult circumstances to find fame and fortune. Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke hails from a disadvantaged suburb of Scarborough, Tobago, and the widely travelled Russell Latapy, now national team coach, was born in brought up in Laventille, one of Port of Spain’s tougher neighbourhoods. The examples set by those trailblazers are now inspiring the nation’s young footballers.

“We love football here and our passion for it is growing all the time,” explains Lawrence, who runs a little cafe in Port of Spain. “In the past people tended to go and watch cricket more, but things have changed in the last few years. You only have to look at the excitement this World Cup has generated to realise that. Football is definitely the top sport here now. It is a non-stop party.”

The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup might be over for the Soca Princesses, but Trinidad and Tobago’s love affair with football looks to set to blossom.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 18, 2010, 05:39:57 PM »
anybody who going games Tues, the matches playing as a double header in Ato Boldon stadium.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 19, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
Warner praises Pellerud’s commitment

TT Guardian

Concacaf president and T&T Football Federation Special Advisor, Jack Warner, centre, has the attention of Soca Princesses’ coach, Even Pellerud, right, and Johan Van Geign, Director of Dutch International Coaching Programme.

Soca Princesses’ coach, Even Pellerud received high praises from Concacaf president and T&T Football Federation Special Advisor, Jack Warner yesterday. Warner made the statements while speaking at the opening ceremony of a coaching clinic conducted by the Dutch Football Federation (KNVB) at the Ken Galt Hall, Center of Excellence, Macoya, yesterday. The Norwegian-born Pellerud led the Soca Princesses to its first ever Under-17 Women’s World Cup where they defeated Chile 2-1 before losing to Nigeria 2-1 and 2008 winners, Korea DPR 1-0 to miss out on qualifying for the quarterfinal round. The win over Chile created history for T&T as it was the first by any national team at a World Cup Finals tournament.

Warner said :“Thank you for putting T&T on the map of women’s football. We faced international teams, giants, yet we can stand proud today. One year ago I would not have imagined this could have been even possible, I can only imagine coach if you had six months more to prepare these girls what could have been the outcome today. We have great plans for you and for women’s football in this country.” Warner believes that the T&TFF must use the success at the Fifa Under-17 Women’s World Cup as a catalyst for change in not only its women’s programmes but also in its coaching structure.

“Senior members of this government including the Prime Minister attended all the T&T games. This team united a nation, it gave us hope. The passion, the drive and the skill displayed by these players are testament to Even’s abilities. Coaching is the foundation of any good player, a good coach can transform an average player into a phenomenal footballer.” Warner, who is also Minister of Works and Transport, revealed that the players of the national Under-17 women’s team as well as the coaching staff will soon be paying a courtesy call on the Prime Minister, Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/09/19/warner-praises-pellerud-s-commitment
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 19, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
Koreans loving sea and sun combo

TT Guardian

Korea Republic’s Women’s footballers were overjoyed on Thursday evening after they defeated Nigeria 6-5 in an enthralling quarterfinal fixture at the Ato Boldon Stadium to advance to the semifinal of the Fifa Under 17 Women’s World Cup. They will next face Spain on Tuesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 3pm and are also assured to play on the final day on September 25 either in the final or the third place playoff. The extended stay for the Koreans has delighted head coach Duck Joo Choi to the extent where is already considering returning for a holiday. Joo Choi recalls his visit to Pigeon Point Beach Resort as his most enjoyable experience so far.

Enjoyable experience

“It’s an interesting place to be, Trinidad and Tobago and I’m really happy that we can stay longer. We want to experience more of Trinidad and go to the beach some more,” Joo Choi said after the win over Nigeria. “We haven’t had a chance to experience too much local food because we have to follow our own menu but I hope to taste some of the Trinidad food before I leave the country. I like the curry crabs. It’s fantastic because in my country we don’t have too much coconut and palm trees. The environment was very nice in Tobago and very good for training and playing the matches. “The sunshine in the morning and the sunset at the seaside is very lovely. It’s very peaceful,” he added.
“We went to Pigeon Point bay and that has been my most memorable moment for me from this visit.”

Joo Choi recalls visits by the Men’s Senior team to play South Korea in Seoul in 2004 and then previous visits by the Under 20 and Under 17 Men’s team as well as the Under 17 Women’s team. He hopes the exchange of matches and training camps can continue. “It’s so long to fly to get here but I don’t mind coming back with my family or with another Korean team. I remember when the men’s A team came in 2004 to Seoul. The Fifa Vice President Jack Warner has a good relationship with our Federation and President Mong Joon Chung so I think we can certainly arrange for future matches. I will certainly like to come back to Trinidad and Tobago,” he concluded.

Meantime, while it would have been a disappointing evening for the Republic of Ireland after they went out 2-1 to Japan on Friday night at the Larry Gomes Stadium,  head coach Noel King said he will take home some memorable moments of his T&T 2010 experience. “For me it’s been the people… they’ve been absolutely great hosts and very helpful on this stay. Before I came here I was told to be careful and not to venture too much and I wasn’t sure about the place but now I can say that’s not that bad as they make it out to be. I enjoyed this tournament and I’m happy we got to be here,” King said after his team’s closing match.

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/09/19/koreans-loving-sea-and-sun-combo
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:49 AM »
Both World Cup semis at 'Ato Boldon'

TT Guardian

The FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup semi-finals will now be played as a double-header at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva on Tuesday.

The original schedule had one semi-final taking place at Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar and the other at Couva. According to a Local Organising Committee press release yesterday, the change was made to offer fans the opportunity to enjoy a "double dose" of the action in one evening.

Korea Republic will face Spain at 4 p.m. and Korea DPR will meet Japan at 7 p.m and tickets for the games will be on sale at the venue from 9 a.m. tomorrow and on the match day.

The date and venue for the final match remains the same. The final will be played at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain at 6 p.m. on Saturday September 25 after the third place playoff, which takes place at the same venue from 3 pm.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Both_World_Cup_semis_at__Ato_Boldon_-103220979.html
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 19, 2010, 08:17:35 AM »
Shabaaz: Pellerud has done a great job

TT Guardian

Jamaal Shabazz, coach of the senior national women’s football team believes that local football fans should be fair in their criticisms towards Technical director of women’s football in T&T, Even Pellerud and the performance of the team in the Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup. “Let us be fair, the man (Pellerud) has done a great job up to this point,” said Shabazz. T&T’s U-17 Soca Princesses were knocked out of the U-17 Women’s World Cup, currently taking place in T&T, with 1-0 and 2-1 defeats to Korea DPR and Nigeria respectively after winning their opening match against Chile 2-1.

Since then, many fans and coaches have criticised Pellerud for not being able to get the team into the second round of the competition, claiming that the Norwegian had ample time and resources to do so. According to Shabazz however, those who share such a view are ignorant of the mechanics of training a team for a World Cup. “We cannot move from where players cannot kick the ball over 20 metres to winning a World Cup in two years,” explained Shabazz. “Show me anyone who thinks this can happen and I will show you someone living in the madhouse.” Shabazz explained that it is very easy for coaches in the schools and clubs to complain that Pellerud and his team did not go into the second round, although very little coaching was done at those levels with the players inherited by Pellerud.

“I think the team has shown tremendous development from two years ago in the area of fitness, intensity and defensive organisation.” “We had a team playing against world quality teams like Nigeria and Korea and actually competing with them.” Shabazz said most fans viewed the performance of the team ignorant of their progression and as a result only saw the team’s deficiencies in ball possession and offensive play. “I am saying, based on my experience, it takes years to build a programme and the glass held by the U-17 team was half full, rather than half empty.”

He said the challenge now is to continue improving the team, but admitted that such a feat will not happen overnight. Shabazz said how far the U-17 and all other female national teams go in the future will be dependent on those who make the final decisions where funding is concerned. “The government, who interestingly enough is run by a woman, will have a major role to play in where this team and women’s football in general advances in the near future. It is clear that women’s football has excited the nation, so it is necessary now to build the team.”

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2010/09/19/shabaaz-pellerud-has-done-great-job
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
From Spanish football website, had to use google translate

Spain is popular in Trinidad and Tobago

RFEF-Antonio Domingo Muñoz, Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago) - 09/19/2010

Over the days, and as Spain has been counting more and more in the World Championship, the girls have grown Jorge Vilda also generating excitement among the fans Trinidadian, and of course, in the media, not just local, but from around the world.

It is not coincidence that the quarter-final against Brazil, attended by Ato Boldon in the nearly two thousand people, ended with applause for the Spanish. The applause of fellow followers was required, but also Spain started the congratulations of the rest of the crowd, which recognizes not only during this World Cup victory, but how to deal with the parties, always playing football and with a clear offensive. It is true that winning the World Cup in South Africa this past summer we put in place preferential window in any corner of the planet. But the fact remains that when girls from Spain give a ride, or have a while to come to the mall, are recognized by their names, are claimed by the fans, that taking pictures with them, ask them autographs. ..

The love that is giving the fans of Spain Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago means, if we look at the media, a greater impact of the actions of Spain, and its players, as has been handed the championship. And it was not easy in a country where they send another sport such as athletics or cricket. Still, the players and also the national team are called in these days by the media posted for the tournament from any country: the media come from Asia, primarily Japan and Korea, and the claim of its three semi-finalists, but also European, British, Venezuelan ... have wanted to visit during the tournament a little closer to the players Vilda. In the local press, Spain is gained daily more and more space in the headlines. Ultimately, the selection has earned the attention of people in football, much of the world. But them, would claim the same attention if they could also Spain, where they hope their success to reach the people who recognizes them as players who are at the moment, one of the top four teams in the world. And yet there is still much at stake.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjhqMjtL8WY&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WjhqMjtL8WY&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:14:54 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »
We papa Two Koreas's, Japan and Spain in the quarters.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 19, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
An all korean final would be the best.

The tension
The passion
The skill

Decades of political conflict would boil over on the pitch, and we could watch it for our viewing pleasure :devil:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 19, 2010, 07:24:10 PM »
Mods, on a serious note . I find that picture by RehanaOmardeenfan very offensive and the poster should be asked to remove it. There is no place on this site to insult peoples religion .

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 19, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »
well if we talking religion , The religious cah get vex.

Exodus 20:4 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

Leviticus 26:1, "Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a  standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God."

then i see people doing this all the time, i sure alyuh see that in church already right? depending on which branch of Christianity you belong too, no name calling.

Exodus 20:5, "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,  nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of  them that hate me;

But yeh some "high religious" people may see it offensive, oh well. Religion is a mix up bag yes , not everyone will see it offensive. It have more offensive stuff on this forum to call that offensive, if we dealing with religion.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:09:29 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 19, 2010, 11:52:41 PM »
I must admit I am a bit surprised that Spain is in the final four. After spending a week in Real Madrid and seeing them train for a week at the Spanish Soccer Federation. I didn't see enough to make me feel that they could be a contender. What a difference 6 months can make.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 20, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »
well if we talking religion , The religious cah get vex.

Exodus 20:4 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

Leviticus 26:1, "Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a  standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God."

then i see people doing this all the time, i sure alyuh see that in church already right? depending on which branch of Christianity you belong too, no name calling.

Exodus 20:5, "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,  nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of  them that hate me;

But yeh some "high religious" people may see it offensive, oh well. Religion is a mix up bag yes , not everyone will see it offensive. It have more offensive stuff on this forum to call that offensive, if we dealing with religion.

Doh worry with some people! They have been brainwashed!
Some folks actually believe the original picture is one that represents Jesus and ignore the actual description of him in the Bible!
Feed some folks a lie long enough and they will actually start believing and defending it!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 20, 2010, 09:59:21 PM »
Was the semis Monday or will be on Tuesday????

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 20, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
Was the semis Monday or will be on Tuesday????
tues / today
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 20, 2010, 11:18:57 PM »
Mods, on a serious note . I find that picture by RehanaOmardeenfan very offensive and the poster should be asked to remove it. There is no place on this site to insult peoples religion .

You on the wrong forum bredda... that kinda thing have a cosy home on this board.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa U17 Women WC Game veiwing thread
« Reply #1069 on: September 21, 2010, 06:38:05 AM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:05:00 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 21, 2010, 01:47:35 PM »
Semifinal 1

Korea Republic vs. Spain Live on C now
http://www.ctntworld.com/livestream/index.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:54:34 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 21, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
Spain knocking like d men, good build up 1-0 spain
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 21, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
OH SHIT!  :o 1-1 Korea equalize , this game looking like a cracker
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 21, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
nice game in truth... i look away for 2 mins and Korea equalize... wha happen? de senoritas fall asleep?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 21, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
nice game in truth... i look away for 2 mins and Korea equalize... wha happen? de senoritas fall asleep?

quick ball down the wing , and a cross for d header, catch d defenders sleeping.
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1075 on: September 21, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »

quick ball down the wing , and a cross for d header, catch d defenders sleeping.

They had a little afternoon siesta.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 21, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
GOAL SAH  :wavetowel: 2-1 korea
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 21, 2010, 02:45:13 PM »
what time is it?...how de place lookin so dark for this time in de evenin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
Heavy rain falling in d east
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: September 21, 2010, 03:50:52 PM »
ALL ASIAN FINAL, Korea wins 2-1  :applause: , SPAIN THROW AWAY TO MUCH !
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>