March 28, 2024, 02:02:19 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).  (Read 128747 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T Women's U-17 World Cup (Sept 2010).
« Reply #1110 on: September 24, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
i dont think thats Rehana Omardeen posting 19
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline RehanaOmardeenfan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: September 24, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
That's pretty awesome!! 

Rehana could do that even when pushing up from the back four  though. Pellerud is such a jerk.

Rehana you seem like an intelligent young lady with a promising future in the game. Your passion is quite evident that you care about the program and moving it forward. You have obviously sacrificed a lot of time and effort in order to become apart of the team that represented Trinidad. You understand the commitment that it takes in order for team and the program to move to the next level.

Your involvement in the U17's & hopefully the U20's to then lead to an opportunity on the senior women's team should be a goal of yours. You may even be as so lucky to get an opportunity for a scholarship to a good USA University if that is the route you chose.

However I can tell you emphatically tell you that you are doing yourself a disservice in the big picture by attacking the head coach of the U17 team as well as director of the women's program for the country. Interference with-in an elite women's program in many a country has ruined many a promising young career over the years. You have to know that many personnel involved with-in the program have read your public outcries to the nation and in the grand scheme of things may well have hurt yourself in the long run. You might think that this is funny rebutting back to the other forumites about what you were capable of however trust me a team is not only about one individual. Websters dictionary : Definition of TEAM
: of or performed by a team <a team effort>; also : marked by devotion to teamwork rather than individual achievement <a team player>

Everyone appreciates an individual who is willing to stand up for themselves and speak their minds as that shows character as well as intestinal fortitude. However its all in how the message is being delivered. Your unhappy , we all get it, however do you really think by speaking your mind and talking I'll will of your head coach as well as disrespecting your team mates is going to sit well with your peers and as well coaching staff. We all respect your freedom of speech however your going about delivering the news is not appropriate. Am sure you have coach Pellerud's e-mail address. Send him an e-mail and set up a meeting and solicit his feed back. Lay the cards on the table and be respectful of an man who has more than three times your age of soccer experience. Your choice hun however in my humble opinion it is you will always get more with honey than you will with vinegar.

I am not princess Rehana, and what I say should have nothing to do with her future on the national team(Which she has proven to be good enough for on numerous occasions.)

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: September 24, 2010, 08:08:55 PM »
i dont think thats Rehana Omardeen posting 19

It's very hard to tell however I tend to agree with you as much of the postings are in thrid person. However if it is a close family friend and or immediate family. My response is still relevant. As a long time coach myself the first thing I look at when bringing a player on into my program is the whole package. Skill and drive and fitness and tactical knowledge of the game is only a small part of the game. Team chemisty is the biggest part of why good teams stay good for long periods of time. Family and the respect fullness of the unit tells me what I will be in for moving forward long term with-in my program. I have not taken many a player over the years as I knew I would be spending more time fire fighting with the parents and less time coaching. I have been fooled as there are many sheep in wolves clothing however quickly a players card was returned and the family was asked to move however not without knowing why they all were released.

Rehana still has a shot at her dreams however in the big picture (school) this tirade on the Internet may have done this young lady irreparable harm. DHW I suspect you are correct and if you are the individual's perpatrating this young lady should really find better things to do. If this truly is Rehana then hopefully she heads some advice from somone who has been around the block twice in the owmens game at the elitest levels.

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
I am not princess Rehana
Well thank god to that !!!!!

, and what I say should have nothing to do with her future on the national team(Which she has proven to be good enough for on numerous occasions.)

However it is nice that Rehana has a fan club however I stand by my comments. Your passion and enthusiasm towards this young lady is commendable and we all respect your opinions. However its time to move on. The senior womens team is now in preperation for there quest to become top two in the upcoming Gold cup / Concacaf qualifiers. We all need to support them and as well add our continued support to the young U17 ladies in their quests to move upwards with-in the womens national programs.

The infrastructure has been set by coach pellerud and his staffers. Lets all sit back and cheer and be proud !!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: September 26, 2010, 07:19:02 PM »
well seeing some people would have missed this game, i can say and i doubt anybody who was at the game can dispute , that the final yesterday was the most amazing display of football ever to grace to Hasely Crawford Stadium. All our national teams, including the men aint ready yet for that kinda football, we will get embarrass. Simply AMAZING and nail biting , even Jack say he don't want we mens team to play them. All the men who feel women cah knock ball, well that was a eye opener for the doubters edit: u really had to be there or watch it on TV to understand

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GUQt4armd4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0GUQt4armd4</a>
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:34:33 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #1115 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

Boy...that final was besss!

Whole covered stands stay until the end of the trophy presentation and all after all the drama!
One of the best finals I've seen at any level and being there took it to another level.

well seeing some people would have missed this game, i can say and i doubt anybody who was at the game can dispute , that the final yesterday was the most amazing display of football ever to grace to Hasely Crawford Stadium. All our national teams, including the men aint ready yet for that kinda football, we will get embarrass. Simply AMAZING and nail biting , even Jack say he don't want we mens team to play them. All the men who feel women cah knock ball, well that was a eye opener for the doubters edit: u really had to be there or watch it on TV to understand

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0GUQt4armd4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0GUQt4armd4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1116 on: October 01, 2010, 05:59:26 AM »
U-17 World Cup Winners to Share Nearly W500 Million in Bonuses.
The Chosun Ilbo.

The members of the national girls' football squad will share a total of W490 million in bonus money for winning the U-17 Women's World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago last Sunday. The sum is nearly double the W247 million awarded to the U-20 team which finished third in the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup in August.

The Korea Football Association on Thursday announced it will award a bonus of W30 million to head coach Choi Duck-joo and W25 million to other members of the coaching staff.

The 21 players on the U-17 team will receive bonuses in the form of scholarships, with the top 14 receiving W20 million each and the remaining seven W15 million apiece. Each player also earned W3 million in scholarship money from Hana Bank, the official sponsor of the Korea Football Association. The Korea Women's Football Federation also chipped in W30 million for the team.

The bonus money for the AFC Asian Cup, which will be held in Qatar in January next year, was decided on Thursday as well. If Korea wins the title, the head coach will get W100 million, each member of the coaching staff W70-80 million, and the players W20-60 million each.

SOURCE - LINK
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Ghana FA lodges complaint after U17W WC
« Reply #1117 on: October 07, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »
FA lodges complaint with Fifa
(accra-mail.com)

The Ghana Football Association has confirmed lodging a complaint with FIFA and the Local Organising Committee for the 2010 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup over the loss of items belonging to the Ghana delegation.

Ghana's Black Maidens took part in the competition in Trinidad and Tobago last month and exited the tournament in the first round.

The team returned to Accra without the entire luggage due to the airline's - Continental Airline - refusal carry on board inspite of the two pieces luggage concept communicated to the GFA by FIFA.

However, following the GFA's facilitation through FIFA, the entire luggage arrived in Accra but without all the listed items that was in the possession of the LOC.

After detection that some items belonging to members of the Black Maidens delegation were missing, a formal complaint was made to FIFA and the LOC.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1118 on: October 16, 2010, 04:22:45 AM »
Sportt Company spends $25m on U-17 Women’s World Cup
T&T Guardian Reports.

The Sportt Company of T&T played a major role in the successful staging of the Fifa Under-17 Women’s World Cup in T&T.

The event cost an estimated $25 million to upgrade all the facilities. In preparing T&T to host the tournament, Sportt which is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Sport, had to improve all the lighting systems at the five stadiums: Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo; Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar; Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva; Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella and Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago.

Sportt also played an integral part in providing air conditioned dressing rooms at all five playing venues as well as improving on the plumbing, painting and general repairs.

She noted that all the generators at all five stadia were repaired and place in proper working condition, also the elevators at the stadia were repaired and are now functioning properly.

With the exception of the Hasely Crawford Stadium four new scoreboards were installed at all the venues that were used for matches.

Sportt also built camera ramps and towers as well as the construction of flag poles; and the laying of green outdoor carpets from the dressing rooms to the field to protect the mondo tracks.

Margaret Birch-Sampson, acting Chief Executive Officer at the Sportt said that her team at Sportt faced its biggest challenge at the 30-year-old Hasely Crawford Stadium and at Dwight Yorke Stadium where part of the roof had to be repaired after being blown off.

She said funds were also invested in upgrading the practise fields and dressing rooms at Queen’s Royal College, St Mary’s, Fatima and St Anthony’s where US GA Grade selica sand was brought in from Guyana.

All in all, she said the Ministry of Sport and Sportt met all requirements that were requested by Fifa and works were completed on time for kick-off.

Meanwhile, Fifa has given an A-grade to the media operations and services as well as the awareness created and provided through the various avenues during the recently concluded Fifa Under 17 Women’s World Cup.

Head of Fifa media for the tournament, Wolfgang Resch, who was among a Fifa team which inspected the five-stadia close to two years ago, said that overall Fifa was pleased with how the operations were carried out over the duration of the tournament.

“In general we can say that Fifa was very happy and impressed by the big coverage the tournament got in the local media. Reports were not only about T&T, but about all the teams were very satisfied. In newspapers as well as radio and TV, the tournament was present every day which helped a lot to make the competition more popular and drove a big attendance to the stadium,” Resch stated.

Fifa stated that this development was also encouraging ahead of the next Fifa Under 17 Women’s World Cup in Azerbaijan. LOC Deputy CEO Nataki Kerr, in her post-mortem meeting with the Fifa Organising Committee, said that Media also received a thumbs up.

“Generally they (Fifa) were satisfied with the media operations and coverage for the tournament. There were no major issues mentioned and that was most pleasing for us from the LOC standpoint.

We had Shaun Fuentes as head of media operations for the LOC working hand in hand with the Fifa media team to ensure that that aspect went as smoothly as possible,” Kerr said.

Fuentes was head of media operations for the LOC ably assisted by Dave Lamy and Hema Ramkissoon. Fuentes also oversaw a team of media volunteers, average 15 per venue along with selected venue media officers.

Some 134 countries broadcasted the matches live throughout the tournament, while there was day to day coverage in print media in several countries worldwide particularly the 15n visiting countries that participated.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>