April 20, 2024, 06:45:15 AM

Author Topic: Inception  (Read 13724 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Inception
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:31:30 PM »
steupse... >:(

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Inception
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
Lol... yeah I not believing the hype.  Ah might ketch it soon doh, but definitely not a fan of DiCaprio and not feeling the trailer.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 05:39:41 AM »
I have no problem with diCaprio. In fact, he was pretty good as acting goes but the whole premise of the movie was illogical. Folks left saying "oooo how deep and intense" but if you study the story, it really made little sense.
steupse...

I'm beginning to think Sound of Music was the best movie ever.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Girl, I planning to go and see this movie cuz ah hear is de bomb....so I see the title of yuh thread and think ah ha...ah real live report.....and ah nearly dead when ah see yuh post....oh lawdie....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 09:42:34 AM »
I have no problem with diCaprio. In fact, he was pretty good as acting goes but the whole premise of the movie was illogical. Folks left saying "oooo how deep and intense" but if you study the story, it really made little sense.
steupse...

Too many movies going fuh de magic twist in de end rather than focus on good storytelling.  In the case of a couple (Brooklyn's Finest and Book of Eli, if yuh ask me) they have great storytelling and somehow manage to undo it by going fuh de spectacular at the end.

There can be only one "Sixth Sense", yet everybody keep trying to ketch that lightning in a bottle all over again.  Ultimately I have to reserve judgment until I see it... but going in I skeptical.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
Queen go and watch it again, it go make more sense the second time around..

thats what i did and thats how i understand de heights cause in truth i was real lost for the first half of the movie first time i saw it.

The movie boss, like a pardner tell me, he eh come out a cinema with that sensation since the first Matrix movie. If yuh didnt like that yuh probably wouldnt like this.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »
The movie boss,

Correck is right.

Me eh no DiCaprio fan but de movie bad.  He jes happen to be in it and he wasn't bad.  Is not like dey had Tom Cruise playin de lead character whey ah woulda stay way from de movie jes fuh dat.

Actually....boss is an understatement wit dis movie.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:05 AM »
explain the boss sentiment.
What made it boss?

Once you get past the big picture, dreams within dreams and manipulation within and look at how they strung it together, tell me where the logic lies?
Let's say I buy the fact that 6 people could hook up a tube to a grey suitcase and dream the same dream.
Cobb's consciousness derails everything, everytime right?
Was he mad going in? Did his (grand) Mal redefine everybody else's dreams?

A simple SIMPLE, yet HUGE fact like Fischer's military experience is overlooked by Smarty Arthur.
the 3rd level was supposed to take you into insanity but all man end up there intact.
Saito (love that man!) wasn't mad at all, just old and he remembered everything including a quote he and Cobb shared...

I could go on, and will if you care to indulge me.

Please help me see the "boss movie"...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:35:23 AM »
but queen, all that maths you gone thru dey, you could pretty much do with any blockbuster movie. Maybe is just not your kettle of fish.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
but queen, all that maths you gone thru dey, you could pretty much do with any blockbuster movie. Maybe is just not your kettle of fish.

nah well all that maths is what they expected to wow people with ent? if they say come see the movie because it have plenty shooting I would not expect more than shooting and eat my popcorn and done. People are oohing and aaahing about how deep it was and the logic and amazing psychological feats but there were none.

I saw Matrix and liked it, Fishburne was his usual cool dude self...like Keanu and Jada...story held my interest enough to make me see the sequel. I got entertainment value.
The Bourne Trilogy - nice, love it. Matt Damon proved himself.

With Inception, all I got was annoyed...lol.

With Book of Eli, it looks far too violent for me so I will pass.

steupse...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:02 AM »

steupse...

Really not that violent... no more than the usual post-apocalyptic (Mad Max, I Am Legend) shoot 'em up.  One scene whey ah man hand loss ah fight with ah 3-canal... but dai'z about it.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »

steupse...

Really not that violent... no more than the usual post-apocalyptic (Mad Max, I Am Legend) shoot 'em up.  One scene whey ah man hand loss ah fight with ah 3-canal... but dai'z about it.

And de bar fight...And the street shooting... :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »
nah well I am one of those brave scaredy-cats....lol
plenty mout but if it have someting in de ghost house I not going...ah does hide behine meh mister and tell him to go an check.

serious doh, I can't handle violence...

One thing I like with Inception  though...that dress Mal was wearing...lawd...I want one so. But...hmmm..if I wear that it mightn' look the same nuh...in troot.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 01:55:24 PM »

Eat, Pray, Love....handle dat
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 02:28:39 PM »

...and sappy, lovey dovey drivel does put me in a coma...
people in tearta go boof me because I would steupse troo de whole ting.

I don't know a thing about EPL...
I like a edge to a movie, action, good dialogue, a plot or plan.

Dutty you saw Inception or have shares in it?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

dread ah get drag out under duress to see that last week....  :puking:

ah shoulda known when i sit down in the cinema and take a glance around and count and is only me and about 6 other fellas in the whole cinema all sporting the same sour (yet fakingly accomodating) look on we face.. except for the one fruity guy who was wholeheartedly enjoying the whole show.

going and take in the The Expendables this weekend to replenish the testosterone levels lol

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
nah, EPL sounding real lame...
I would not drag my poor mister to those things. If I en putting myself through that, why should I put him through it? I like him...lol

The last movie we saw together (prior to Inception) was It's Complicated. We both enjoyed it, nice couple's movie...jokes, slackness, ole talk, good acting. We come home laughing...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »
steupse...

Too many movies going fuh de magic twist in de end rather than focus on good storytelling.  In the case of a couple (Brooklyn's Finest and Book of Eli, if yuh ask me) they have great storytelling and somehow manage to undo it by going fuh de spectacular at the end.

There can be only one "Sixth Sense", yet everybody keep trying to ketch that lightning in a bottle all over again.  Ultimately I have to reserve judgment until I see it... but going in I skeptical.

No need to be skeptical. This eh no sh*tty story with some predictable or illogical plot twist. This is an excellent script that has been well executed
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »
What made it boss?

Once you get past the big picture, dreams within dreams and manipulation within and look at how they strung it together, tell me where the logic lies?
Let's say I buy the fact that 6 people could hook up a tube to a grey suitcase and dream the same dream.

A simple SIMPLE, yet HUGE fact like Fischer's military experience is overlooked by Smarty Arthur.
the 3rd level was supposed to take you into insanity but all man end up there intact.
Saito (love that man!) wasn't mad at all, just old and he remembered everything including a quote he and Cobb shared...

I could go on, and will if you care to indulge me.

Please help me see the "boss movie"...

This was a sci fi movie. If iz logic you going after, then you shouldn't like any sci fi, or modern day action thriller as they all have elements of fantasy. You definitely can't enjoy any super hero movie either. So don't watch these types of movies. 

And to address your simple yet HUGE fact. People make mistakes or overlook things all the time in the real world, regardless of research, scouting etc... If that is the biggest flaw you found then you really just biased against the movie. Nuttin wrong with that, but the vast majority of moviegoers disagree with you.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 09:52:55 AM »

dread ah get drag out under duress to see that last week....  :puking:

ah shoulda known when i sit down in the cinema and take a glance around and count and is only me and about 6 other fellas in the whole cinema all sporting the same sour (yet fakingly accomodating) look on we face.. except for the one fruity guy who was wholeheartedly enjoying the whole show.

going and take in the The Expendables this weekend to replenish the testosterone levels lol

went to see Expendables yesterday

if you want high body count, explosions, kick-ass beat-em-up action and stunts, somewhat lame attempts at witty dialogue (but amusing nevertheless) then this is the one to see to take away the edge from Eat Pray Love.

I lost count of how many people Rambo/Rocky et al  kill.  Had to be in excess of 250.

And the scene where Micky Rourke shed a tear?  f**k yeah.  LOL

btw, Queen, doh waste yuh money on this one .. but the rest of us who doh give a damn about the plot or acting or dialogue, very entertaining movie to watch.  Even Mrs P enjoyed it. 

As for Inception, one of the more entertaining movies I have seen this year.  You have to suspend your belief at the door before going in to see it.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
...uhmm..but I am still allowed my opinion despite the masses of movie goers going in the other direction, right?

My point was that this thing was billed as high science, people calling it deep and ultra conscious...
is it?
Or is it a high action, loads of special effects movie? Entertaining, action...all that I agree with.
Logical? Nope.
Science Fiction is supposed to be science fiction, ent? I'm a trekkie and to me, they are brilliant. Ever read Dan Simmons? Nothing short of boss writing - awaiting his movie and hoping it can work on the screen.

When I go to see the Superman movie I don't expect logic, I expect blue tights and flying...that is fiction science.

:beermug:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 10:26:11 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 11:39:31 AM »
WARNING SPOILERS ...

What made it boss?

mo, an answer to this was alluded to in de film - arthur was clearly distracted by ariadne. the director's cut will hopefully shed more light.

there is some debate about the meaning of the ending and whether it represented the mission's success or failure. you seem to assume the former but there's enough evidence to conclude the latter.

...uhmm..but I am still allowed my opinion despite the masses of movie goers going in the other direction, right?

My point was that this thing was billed as high science, people calling it deep and ultra conscious...
is it?
Or is it a high action, loads of special effects movie? Entertaining, action...all that I agree with.
Logical? Nope.
Science Fiction is supposed to be science fiction, ent? I'm a trekkie and to me, they are brilliant. Ever read Dan Simmons? Nothing short of boss writing - awaiting his movie and hoping it can work on the screen.

When I go to see the Superman movie I don't expect logic, I expect blue tights and flying...that is fiction science.

:beermug:

this movie is more in line with the phillip k dick type of science fiction (paycheck, blade runner, etc.) which delves into cognition, memory, and dreams.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:47:32 AM by ribbit »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:26 PM »

uhmmm..yeah. Which is why I said just that. No need for sarcasm. It doh make sound any more clever or make your view any more correct.

You didn't like it. Daz okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I never claimed that it was high science, deep or ultra conscious. It was an original script, with solid acting and terrific special effects. To me that equates to a boss movie, to you it doesn't. Fair enough.

You appreciate Star Trek, yet have no issues with warping, teleporting to different locations etc... But you have issues with people hooking up to a machine and sharing a dream. Okay then

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 01:28:37 PM »
uhmmm..yeah. Which is why I said just that. No need for sarcasm. It doh make sound any more clever or make your view any more correct.

You didn't like it. Daz okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I never claimed that it was high science, deep or ultra conscious. It was an original script, with solid acting and terrific special effects. To me that equates to a boss movie, to you it doesn't. Fair enough.

You appreciate Star Trek, yet have no issues with warping, teleporting to different locations etc... But you have issues with people hooking up to a machine and sharing a dream. Okay then

but ent you decided to tell me that I "definitely can't enjoy any super hero movie either. So don't watch these types of movies."? No sarcasm there at all? Was that your clever opinion too?
ay ay
Never said you claimed it was high science Marcos.

Yep Star Trek has a logic to it and much of the science is coming to pass. The fiction part is largely the other life forms they meet.When you start dealing with subconsciousness and the human element of sleep and dreaming, you are no longer dealing with logic - not yet. Psychology is still considered a pseudo-science.

I simply do not like advertising to decide what is intelligent for me. That's all. And that is how this movie was billed. Otherwise it's an action movie.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:31:10 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:46:37 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »

Dutty at the Movies

Shhh!! at watchin ah downloaded version of  Eat, Pray , Bacchanal

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
 :devil:
yuh like bacchanal eh?

I jes ask somebody here to explain Inception to me and all he said was "Like it was like so totally deep I got lost."

dais what have me amused and steupsing...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
but ent you decided to tell me that I "definitely can't enjoy any super hero movie either. So don't watch these types of movies."? No sarcasm there at all? Was that your clever opinion too?

No sarcasm in there at all. I was making a rational suggestion based on your prior statements. No attempt at sarcasm. I really didn't think you would enjoy super hero flicks because they aren't grounded in reality, so I suggested that you avoid them.

I'm interested in hearing what you thought was illogical in the movie.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »
Well me eh see the movie so I doh want to wade in juss yet... but watching ah Iron Man or Spider Man movie you already know that you're expected to suspend belief as to what's plausible.  However, there is still some sort of logical connect throughout the plot, where even if you say "nah, dem cyah fly/stick tuh wall", yuh could still follow the developments and say "this makes sense", or "this ent make no damn sense at all".  To me, not to speak for anybody else... but to me, that says there's is still some sort of logic to the movie.

From what Queen Maccomere saying she find there are logical disconnect at different points in the movie... the problem for her doesn't seem to be in the premise upon which the movie is based (seeing/controlling what others dream), but rather the sequences that flow from that premise... which really speaks to the script.

1]; } ?>