April 24, 2024, 10:50:07 PM

Author Topic: A day in the life of the Queen...  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
A day in the life of the Queen...
« on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:58 PM »
I had to share this with all yuh…
I am sitting here like po-me-one, stun and confuse.
Hear de lyrics (please pardon de big people words eh? Doh let de chirren see)

March 30th, 2011

Well I doh really know where to start nuh…

I just went up the road by a bakery. They have nice pastry and the chirren like it so I pass in to buy one or two. I looking in the glass case and the lady behind the counter come and ask if I need help. I say no thanks and order two of that and three of that and went to pay. The lady say “Oh that’s a nice accent, where are you from?” I say Trinidad. She say “Sweet! We Caribbean women have nice everythings, don’t we?” And she tell me she’s from Puerto Rico. I say “Nice!” and we buss a small laugh.

Ay Ay…
All in a sudden a next other lady pipe up.
“Y’all ain’t worth sh…!” and she flick a 2 inch acrylic nail in we face.
Me and my new best friend (let’s call her Rosita) look at each other then look back at the woman (let’s call her Poopsin). Hear she, “y’all fulla sh… Y’all just like y’alls sef and don’t care bout no body elses. Y’all just lil fu…ers.”
Well…my mout open catching flies but Rosita wasn’t backward. She throw two Spanish cuss in Poopsin face (she sounded JUST like Jennefer Lopez – but doh say I profiling eh?) then said in English. “Who you talking to B..ch?”
All I want is two bun and a pastry but I getting a matinee show free so I lean up on the glass case to listen. Poopsin open up she cake hole and leggo in Rosita tail with an opening aria of freshly squeezed verbal planass then added. “I had one of y’alls. Sweetest piece I ever had then she ups and left me to go back to her husband.
Well lawd I put down my bag and accepted the fact that I will be late getting back to work because I am not leaving this bakery for Thy Kingdom Come.
Poopsin start to cry. She apologize to we for taking out she frustrations on we but when she heard we talking, all the pain and heartache overcome her. She woman was from Antigua (she said Antiguana but I was in no condition to correct her). And Poopsin fell in love but the woman only used her to “test her skills” then went back to her husband and is now pregnant (I assumed it isn’t Poopsin’s child but these days you really can’t vouch for anyone eh?) Rosita hand Poopsin a napkin. Poopsin take it, blow in it and say she can’t buy anything now, she is too distraught and she left.
Rosita and I looked at each other again. We couldn’t laugh – that would be unkind, right? We couldn’t cry because the suddenness of Poopsin’s attack and retreat had we swaying.
I picked up my bag and left the bakery.

Ah done talk eh? Doh akse me nutting!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A day in the life of the Queen...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
 :rotfl:

yuh make my day with that story yes!
Back in Trini...

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
Cyah blame she, the Caribbean (especially Trinbago) Pastry....SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Cyah blame she, the Caribbean (especially Trinbago) Pastry....SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but she end up eating de antiguana muffin
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »
Poopsin open up she cake hole and leggo in Rosita tail with an opening aria of freshly squeezed verbal planass

Dat is poetry sah! Shelley and Keats eh want nutten with you. Yuh make meh day with that one.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 05:21:54 PM »
Lol@ Dutty... ah think dai'z de first thing yuh say that ah ever genuinely laff at, lol

Queen... beautiful writing... and nice, albeit bitttersweet story.  I fully understand the sentiments at the end, love has a way of making fools of us all and apparently Poopsin ketch sheself ah little too late.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
I still here stunned. I's a girl doh like people to even raise their voice at me much less buss so much cuss in one breathe!
all yuh laughing but Poopsin leggo like de East Dry River when it pour rain...steupse...I weak.

I going in my bed earlier tonight oui...ah cah handle dis amount of commess.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
U cyah make dem ting up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »
U cyah make dem ting up.

I like to think I could write eh and that I have a good imagination but I can't top this. It still have me mash up.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »
"... and she flick a 2 inch acrylic nail in we face...."

That was a masterful stroke, Queen, before the next masterful one.  Somehow it was easy to visualize this and possibly a bobbing of (and weaving of and in) the head as the (visual) defiant stance before the eventual emotional breakdown.
Ah sayin' to meh self that this couldn't possibly be happening in a hard city like new york, but could very well be, . 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>