April 25, 2024, 02:00:16 PM

Author Topic: Inception  (Read 13758 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: Inception
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2010, 02:46:01 PM »
From what Queen Maccomere saying she find there are logical disconnect at different points in the movie... the problem for her doesn't seem to be in the premise upon which the movie is based (seeing/controlling what others dream), but rather the sequences that flow from that premise... which really speaks to the script.

Maybe I wasn't explaining that clearly?
...love Super Hero movies... ;D

...wait...Bake n Shark and I on the same page?
 :cheers:
going an buy a lottery ticket. If it win I will share...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:05:23 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2010, 02:59:11 PM »
Well me eh see the movie so I doh want to wade in juss yet... but watching ah Iron Man or Spider Man movie you already know that you're expected to suspend belief as to what's plausible.  However, there is still some sort of logical connect throughout the plot, where even if you say "nah, dem cyah fly/stick tuh wall", yuh could still follow the developments and say "this makes sense", or "this ent make no damn sense at all".  To me, not to speak for anybody else... but to me, that says there's is still some sort of logic to the movie.

From what Queen Maccomere saying she find there are logical disconnect at different points in the movie... the problem for her doesn't seem to be in the premise upon which the movie is based (seeing/controlling what others dream), but rather the sequences that flow from that premise... which really speaks to the script.

nice explanation of the differentiation between suspension of belief and logical flow of the movie

From a logical flow, I did not think the inconsistencies in logic from a first viewing took away from the film (there was a major one that Queen did not mention - maybe the explanation is there and I will find it when I watch it a second time and pay attention to the detail - but I rationalized that it was me who did not understand the logic as opposed to the logic being flawed).

I would be curious to hear you views after you watch it.

There was so much going on in the movie that I will have to watch it a second and maybe third time to fully capture the detail.  And perhaps that in itself is a major flaw in the movie.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »
but I rationalized that it was me who did not understand the logic as opposed to the logic being flawed).

therein lies the rub...folks walked out of the cinema saying it was so deep they missed it. Was it deep in troot?

Let me know what you think on the 2nd/3rd try. I'm going to see Shrek with mini-me... ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:05:56 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »

Well as dey say "even a broken clock is right twice a day"... today muss be yuh day  ;D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:03 PM »

Well as dey say "even a broken clock is right twice a day"... today muss be yuh day  ;D

yes man! And I am a woman of my word. I will buy you a working clock!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 03:10:56 PM »
I would be curious to hear you views after you watch it.

There was so much going on in the movie that I will have to watch it a second and maybe third time to fully capture the detail.  And perhaps that in itself is a major flaw in the movie.

Dai's de thing... I ent want to spend money twice and from the looks of things I might have to.  So ah trying to wait until it come out on DVD.

Last time I spend money to go see the same movie/s twice was back in 1999... loved the first "Matrix" and "Blade" so much that ah went and see both twice... actually think ah see Blade 3 times, if ah not mistaken.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 03:11:41 PM »

yes man! And I am a woman of my word. I will buy you a working clock!

LOL... right, right...  :rotfl:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
I saw Sound of Music 17 times...now I know all the lyrics!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »

I see it about 5 times mihself... but dai's only because dey does show it every year.  Unlike you I wasn't around when it was playing in theatah  ;D

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

I see it about 5 times mihself... but dai's only because dey does show it every year.  Unlike you I wasn't around when it was playing in theatah  ;D

at least thirteen times for the film, and thrice on stage for me

One of my all time favourite movies (that and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly).  Then the next one was Victor Victoria (especially when Julie Andrews appeared topless)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »

too bad, you miss seeing the fella playing the piano in pit den...
and a time de flim strip buss an de projectilist stick it back with chingum.

Nutsman...Ben Hur, Ten Commandments, Bodyguard, The Bourne Series, Victor Victoria, Indiana Jones...
then add in all the Disney films because my children watch them so I am a captive audience.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:25:53 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
Well I have seen inception twice. And the second time was able to catch many things that weren't clear to me the first time as I wasn't struggling to keep up.

I was hoping Queen could point out what she thought "didn't make sense" because from reading her comments, it's obvious that she really didn't follow what was going on.

(a) Cobb's consciousness derails everything, everytime right?
No, it's his subconscious, so he didn't have active control over it. Make sense?

(b) Was he mad going in?
Perhaps, but that doesn't affect the logical progression of the story, and may even explain a few things.

(c) Did his (grand) Mal redefine everybody else's dreams?
Clearly everyone had the ability to alter any of the dreams. Thus the presence of an architect etc.

(d) A simple SIMPLE, yet HUGE fact like Fischer's military experience is overlooked by Smarty Arthur.
You're saying it's illogical that a smart person can overlook a detail or do insufficient research? Come on.

(e) the 3rd level was supposed to take you into insanity but all man end up there intact.
What do you mean by in tact? Clearly Saito was confused and aged dramatically and Cobb himself had difficulty remembering who he was.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
From a logical flow, I did not think the inconsistencies in logic from a first viewing took away from the film (there was a major one that Queen did not mention - maybe the explanation is there and I will find it when I watch it a second time and pay attention to the detail - but I rationalized that it was me who did not understand the logic as opposed to the logic being flawed).

details?

Psychology is still considered a pseudo-science.

you is a scientologist?   ???  :D

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 04:10:51 PM »
Well I have seen inception twice. And the second time was able to catch many things that weren't clear to me the first time as I wasn't struggling to keep up.

I was hoping Queen could point out what she thought "didn't make sense" because from reading her comments, it's obvious that she really didn't follow what was going on.
It's obvious to whom?

No, it's his subconscious, so he didn't have active control over it. Make sense?
ok, so his sub consciousness derails everything, right? Not askign abotu active control, I am referring to the way his subconscious controls the way the dream (for everyone) unfolds

(b) Was he mad going in?
Perhaps, but that doesn't affect the logical progression of the story, and may even explain a few things.
if he was mad going in then everything remains inexplicable, because madness, by definition, is just that.

Clearly everyone had the ability to alter any of the dreams. Thus the presence of an architect etc.
they may have had the ability, but none could alter Mal. hence my question in (a)

(d) A simple SIMPLE, yet HUGE fact like Fischer's military experience is overlooked by Smarty Arthur.
You're saying it's illogical that a smart person can overlook a detail or do insufficient research? Come on.
it was a convenient, makeshift detail to overlook and helped to propel the story. Slick.

(e) the 3rd level was supposed to take you into insanity but all man end up there intact.
What do you mean by in tact? Clearly Saito was confused and aged dramatically and Cobb himself had difficulty remembering who he was.
Cobb said the 3rd level was abject madness. If he were mad going in, then he would be a drooling idiot by the 3rd level. Saito did not appear confused at all. Aged, yes, that was the way the timeline moved at that level. Mind you, despite being at that level too, Cobb did not age.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 04:11:18 PM »

details?

Psychology is still considered a pseudo-science.

you is a scientologist?   ???  :D

Psych major...close  ;D

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 04:26:28 PM »
Here is one fan's attempt to answer many of the questions that the audience had difficulty with.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Inception-Explained-Unraveling-The-Dream-Within-The-Dream-19615.html

If you trying to poke holes in it without truly trying to understand, then this dialog really eh makin sense.
It is possible to not comprehend something that is perfectly logical and makes perfect sense. It all depends on your willingness and capacity to understand it.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
Here is one fan's attempt to answer many of the questions that the audience had difficulty with.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Inception-Explained-Unraveling-The-Dream-Within-The-Dream-19615.html

If you trying to poke holes in it without truly trying to understand, then this dialog really eh makin sense.
It is possible to not comprehend something that is perfectly logical and makes perfect sense. It all depends on your willingness and capacity to understand it.

we agree it is possible to assume something is perfectly logical and makes perfect sense. It all depends on how willing you are to look past the "explanations".  :angel:
suffice to say you liked it and found it logical, I didn't.

Now let's move on to Sound of Music.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »

It's obvious to whom?

i kinda think you miss some stuff too... but that was easy to do in this movie

ok, so his sub consciousness derails everything, right? Not askign abotu active control, I am referring to the way his subconscious controls the way the dream (for everyone) unfolds

Hi subconscious doesn't control the dream... the architect constructs the dreamspace of the dreamer... the dreamer then fills the dream with their subconscious... anyone sharing the dream can also have their subconscious manifest in the dream e.g. mal, the train, etc

(b) Was he mad going in?
if he was mad going in then everything remains inexplicable, because madness, by definition, is just that.

Well a theory that people have was that everything was his dream and that he never exited his dream at the end... so maybe he was mad.. again doesnt affect the logic

they may have had the ability, but none could alter Mal. hence my question in (a)

correct, no-one could alter Mal as she was a projection of his subconscious... but it is a shared dream so everyone's minds are interacting... the fact that the team were in dreams planting and stealing ideas shows that that you could yes, redefine someones dream

it was a convenient, makeshift detail to overlook and helped to propel the story. Slick.

happens in almost every damn movie... but it was not illogical and who is to say it couldnt happen in real life... human beings are prone to lapses and laziness ALL THE TIME.... also Fischer didnt have military experience... his subconscious was trained to be "militarized" to defend against dream attacks just like Saito

Cobb said the 3rd level was abject madness. If he were mad going in, then he would be a drooling idiot by the 3rd level. Saito did not appear confused at all. Aged, yes, that was the way the timeline moved at that level. Mind you, despite being at that level too, Cobb did not age.

the 3rd dream level was the snow fort... you probably meant the fourth dream level or limbo... mal and his wife spent 50 years in Limbo and came out fine.. (well that debateable).. they said the longer you spent in there you would lose your touch with reality... Saito was clearly confused he did not remember Cobb at all... Cobb did not remember him either... it is only when Saito saw the top and they mentioned taking a leap of faith that they started to remember each other and everything came back... otherwise Saito had no idea he was dreaming in the 30-40 years he spent in Limbo

Answers in blue... ask me anything... i could write a phd on this movie.... but if you ent like it, you ent like it...
people tastes different...

if you want to talk about plothole.... how come Fischer ent recognize Saito who supposed to be a big Captain of Industry and a DIRECT rival of he father??  That was glaring to me.. but i could overlook it
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 06:23:09 PM »
Bakes I bought the ticket!

Thank goodness... I enjoying de convo but deez fellas getting heavy with de plot analysis so I have tuh selectively pick and choose what ah reading lest they spoil it fuh mih.

Whey yuh want tuh start wid Sound ah Music? 

My Favorite Things is one ah mih all-time favorite songs in de wirl.

Dat scene wid Julie Andrews on de mountaintop singing "The Sound of Music", I also remember that being in de opening sequence of "That's Hollywood"... de half hour sumting that used to show on TTT back in de day.

I also remember "Do Re Mi" and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" very well.. had tuh learn dat when I was in choir from Standard Three on up in Primary School.

I was never into dem Rogers and Hammerstein musicals... but this one is ah classic.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
nice...
3 people so far giving me links to go to but they not explaining the movie to me for themselves. I appreciate your time FF.

aight...
I am willing to accept that I may have missed things that would make this movie gel. I'm not so big that I have to go through wrong and strong. I cah learn dat way.
Let's work this out with all due respect for your PhD in Inception.  :D

a) I am still asking. Does Cobb's subconscious derail everything? If so why? All 6 went under, they are in Ariadne's creation. Fischer is the target. Suddenly the train from Cobb's subconscious rams through the street. Everyone is affected by it but no Mal yet. No further roadblocks from Fischer's subconscious despite military training - he just has bodyguards.
You give Mal and the train as examples but they are examples of ONLY Cobb...so I'm back to my question at the top.

b) madness, by its very definition affects logic. Does it not? If you're saying this movie is the dream of a madman, I can live with that. The "illogic" reigns. There is no way to explain it or rationalize it and I can expect nothing more.

c) I don't get that. Only one person was being manipulated - Fischer. He was the one whose dreams were being orchestrated.
Mal never showed up at the hotel either did she? Convenient no?

d) Who trained Fischer's mind to be militarized? Surely not any of those who hoped to hijack it? Fischer's and Saito's mind are not that alike. Saito's defenses and dream guards were logical, deductive, defensive, one of the few things I rather liked.

e) Alright, snow fort was 3rd level. 4th was..??
No Cobb and his wife didn't come out fine. Mal came out mad as a hatter and I suspect, so did Cobb. You can't watch your beloved commit suicide, be guilt ridden and come out fine after 50 years in deep sleep. Even he said it is abject insanity - a black psychological hole.
Yet...all he and Saito were, was confused and forgetful?

Yep, good point about Fischer not recognizing his arch business rival.
and Fischer never having heard of the dream stealing/idea planting - seemed a rather sharp guy otherwise.

I'm beginning to think this movie was more about madness than science. If so, I good.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 06:30:46 PM »
Bakes I bought the ticket!

Thank goodness... I enjoying de convo but deez fellas getting heavy with de plot analysis so I have tuh selectively pick and choose what ah reading lest they spoil it fuh mih.

Whey yuh want tuh start wid Sound ah Music? 

My Favorite Things is one ah mih all-time favorite songs in de wirl.

Dat scene wid Julie Andrews on de mountaintop singing "The Sound of Music", I also remember that being in de opening sequence of "That's Hollywood"... de half hour sumting that used to show on TTT back in de day.

I also remember "Do Re Mi" and "Climb Ev'ry Mountain" very well.. had tuh learn dat when I was in choir from Standard Three on up in Primary School.

I was never into dem Rogers and Hammerstein musicals... but this one is ah classic.

I enjoying the explainments doh...

My favourite scene in SoM is the wedding...that dress...to this day, gives me goose pimples!
And den when mudda superior buss dat chune Climb Ev'ry Mountain, yes man....
I could give de lil nazi, what he name again...Rolf, one hard slap...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 06:33:50 PM »

I enjoying the explainments doh...

My favourite scene in SoM is the wedding...that dress...to this day, gives me goose pimples!
And den when mudda superior buss dat chune Climb Ev'ry Mountain, yes man....
I could give de lil nazi, what he name again...Rolf, one hard slap...

Nah doh get mih wrong... I consider mihself ah flim buff so I does live fuh deez kinda discussions, but on dis one ah have to sit out.  Ah done bias against Leo and toting feelings against de people dem movie, ah doh want to spoil everything before ah actually see it, so ah skipping past some ah dem explanations fuh now.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 06:41:23 PM »

details?

never mind .. what I though was inconsistent was explained to me by Mrs P. (who pays more attention to detail than I do)  - it had to do with the inner ear balance that would bring you out of the dream.  My questions was why did they not come out in the van chase when it rolled.  Mrs P say it had to do with the drug that allowed then to go deeper.  what do you think?

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2010, 07:17:38 AM »

if you want to talk about plothole.... how come Fischer ent recognize Saito who supposed to be a big Captain of Industry and a DIRECT rival of he father??  That was glaring to me.. but i could overlook it

Me too brother!!!!!!!!!
I was real wondering about that. Only thing is if the man was a silent investor or something and was real behind d scenes. They never said he was CEO

Bakes dis is a must see, if just to get in on the discussions.

Queen M repect your view, but I feel you eh givin the movie a fair chance man. Watch it again, you will like it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 07:21:09 AM by Marcos »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
nice...
3 people so far giving me links to go to but they not explaining the movie to me for themselves. I appreciate your time FF.

aight...
I am willing to accept that I may have missed things that would make this movie gel. I'm not so big that I have to go through wrong and strong. I cah learn dat way.
Let's work this out with all due respect for your PhD in Inception.  :D

a) I am still asking. Does Cobb's subconscious derail everything? If so why? All 6 went under, they are in Ariadne's creation. Fischer is the target. Suddenly the train from Cobb's subconscious rams through the street. Everyone is affected by it but no Mal yet. No further roadblocks from Fischer's subconscious despite military training - he just has bodyguards.
You give Mal and the train as examples but they are examples of ONLY Cobb...so I'm back to my question at the top.

Well of course it does... if you remember Arthur was asking if he could control Mal (his subconscious) and also Cobb had ask Ariadne not to tell Arthur about his memories he had hidden away in his own built dream with the elevator... this seems to imply that the team had some level of control over their subconscious manifestations while dreaming... but Cobb was losing his grip due to his grief and GUILT about his wife's death...

b) madness, by its very definition affects logic. Does it not? If you're saying this movie is the dream of a madman, I can live with that. The "illogic" reigns. There is no way to explain it or rationalize it and I can expect nothing more.

What actions or scenes were illogical in your opinion that would have anything to do with his "madness"? I don't see any at all

c) I don't get that. Only one person was being manipulated - Fischer. He was the one whose dreams were being orchestrated.
Mal never showed up at the hotel either did she? Convenient no?

So what if she didn't show up until later?? Cobb had clearly been trying to control his subconscious and his GUILT but couldn't... she could have showed up at any time. One theory is that he felt GUILTY about Incepting his wife... so the closer he got to that point of the mission, the stronger his GUILTY projections became... i.e. Mal showing up
Also Fischer was the target of Inception... but they were all dreaming... it was shared dreamscape... but each level belonged to one persons dream that they shared... First level was the Chemists dream and he stayed behind... Hotel level was Arthurs dream... Snow Fort was Eames dream.

d) Who trained Fischer's mind to be militarized? Surely not any of those who hoped to hijack it? Fischer's and Saito's mind are not that alike. Saito's defenses and dream guards were logical, deductive, defensive, one of the few things I rather liked.

Who trained Saito? they never said... So at least a few people were aware of the "technology" and or techniques... the Chemist had a whole setup in Africa with people dreaming.... why is it so far fetched that a wealthy person would have the means to be trained to militarize his subconscious to protect dream thefts?

e) Alright, snow fort was 3rd level. 4th was..??
No Cobb and his wife didn't come out fine. Mal came out mad as a hatter and I suspect, so did Cobb. You can't watch your beloved commit suicide, be guilt ridden and come out fine after 50 years in deep sleep. Even he said it is abject insanity - a black psychological hole.
Yet...all he and Saito were, was confused and forgetful?

4th level was limbo... a shared level of unconstructed dreamspace... the only thing there is what was left by others before... Mal and Cobb's city... Saito went there when he died and he filled it with his subconscious (his mansion, guards etc)
Also you could argue that Mal came out mad because he performed the inception on her... as a matter of fact they frankomen said that... Cobb appeared to be fine until his wife committed suicide.

Yep, good point about Fischer not recognizing his arch business rival.
and Fischer never having heard of the dream stealing/idea planting - seemed a rather sharp guy otherwise.

I'm beginning to think this movie was more about madness than science. If so, I good.

The movie was about GUILT and coming to terms with grief... he didn't care to look at the end if the top was still spinning... he was able to finally see his children's face

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
yuh see.... i watch de movie twice and still only now understanding certain tings based on what FF explaining dey..

Maybe im just a simpleton, but imo the movie was ah heights, and not because yuh leave the theatre not understanding everything that went down means that its a shortcoming of the movie.. The very fact that it leaving yuh thinking about it well after it done is a plus in my books..

Alot of people connect with the movie simply because it makes them think about their own dream experiences, the nature and structure of them, the sensations experienced and the yearn to find a meaning or source behind them.

For example, personally I once dreamt of being chased and getting stabbed. The experience for me was so real because after being cornered, i could actually feel the sensation of the knife going into my abdomen.. Now that's confusing for me because I've never been stabbed before, and since dreams supposed to be derived from the subconscious, I have no clue where my subconscious could have derived that sensation from. But it was real for me.

The movie makes you think about things like that after the fact..

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 08:20:49 AM »
yuh see.... i watch de movie twice and still only now understanding certain tings based on what FF explaining dey..

Maybe im just a simpleton, but imo the movie was ah heights, and not because yuh leave the theatre not understanding everything that went down means that its a shortcoming of the movie.. The very fact that it leaving yuh thinking about it well after it done is a plus in my books..

Alot of people connect with the movie simply because it makes them think about their own dream experiences, the nature and structure of them, the sensations experienced and the yearn to find a meaning or source behind them.

For example, personally I once dreamt of being chased and getting stabbed. The experience for me was so real because after being cornered, i could actually feel the sensation of the knife going into my abdomen.. Now that's confusing for me because I've never been stabbed before, and since dreams supposed to be derived from the subconscious, I have no clue where my subconscious could have derived that sensation from. But it was real for me.

Well said, FF on point, movie have plenty heights, brilliant script, the most poignant piece for me is how guilty actions on anyone's part can bother your subconcious for a seeming eternity until you essentially forgive yourself, this to me was one of the dominant themes of the movie
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:24 AM »

Man just the other day (well some good months before Inception) I dreamed that I was in the gas chamber and I died.... I was literally struggling against it... and the moment I died and shifted into nothingness was the scariest, blackest, loneliest feeling i ever feel before or since... it funny because i remember it as nothingness yet i had feelings about it... when i finally awoke... i jumped out of bed like i was in a battle... my heart racing... I never feel so glad to be alive...

Dreams is crazy!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:24:23 AM by FF »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 08:24:04 AM »
I didn't ask who trained Saito. He simply seemed like one sharp hombre (don't know the Japanese word for dude..lol).
I asked who trained Fischer.
If Fischer was aware of Inception, he didn't show it, in fact other than his assassins, he appeared relatively eased to succumb.

It all comes back to Cobb. His dreams, his guilt, his wife, his inception, his apparent madness, his control issues.
He was the original architect and his control issues permeated the whole fandangled movie.
Incept his own wife without telling her...
Don't tell Arthur this..
Don't allow Ariadne to do that...
Don't tell anyone about the limbo/insanity phase until everybody is committed and inside the dreamscape.

...and all these people traipse behind him into what amounts to complete submission of their mind?
Arthur especially, is aware of Cobb's misfires and goes in?

I disconnect at these points and refuse to say it was can be overlooked and be logical...it contradicts.

Even if Saito was the behind the scenes kingpin, it would behoove Fischer to know this...and also Browning...neither men were fools. The stakes are too huge not to have all their bases covered.

btw...what sort of professor was Cobb's father?
who allowed Cobb to leave the US after being accused of murder?

Marcos boy, I won't pay to see this again. When I can TVO it, I will watch it again. It was a fairy decent action movie.

Bakes, the lottery ticket pelt spade...steupse
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:27:05 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 08:39:21 AM »
I didn't ask who trained Saito. He simply seemed like one sharp hombre (don't know the Japanese word for dude..lol).
I asked who trained Fischer.
If Fischer was aware of Inception, he didn't show it, in fact other than his assassins, he appeared relatively eased to succumb.

Queen... I know what you ask... but I asking you that if you could accept Saito as having a protected subconscious... why you can't accept Fischer? Who trained Fischer... could be de damn same ppl who train Saito... it not far-fetched at all that Fischer was trained

It all comes back to Cobb. His dreams, his guilt, his wife, his inception, his apparent madness, his control issues.
He was the original architect and his control issues permeated the whole fandangled movie.
Incept his own wife without telling her...
Don't tell Arthur this..
Don't allow Ariadne to do that...
Don't tell anyone about the limbo/insanity phase until everybody is committed and inside the dreamscape.

...and all these people traipse behind him into what amounts to complete submission of their mind?
Arthur especially, is aware of Cobb's midfires and goes in?

I disconnect at these points and refuse to say it was can be overlooked and be logical...it contradicts.

He was a leader and their friend... People follow charismatic people all the time to their doom. ALL THE TIME... This is an not illogical part of the plot Queen... it may not be rational on their parts, but human beings are far from rational at best. If this is what throw you off, I can't help you at all.

Even if Saito was the behind the scenes kingpin, it would behoove Fischer to know this...and also Browning...neither men were fools. The stakes are too huge not to have all their bases covered.

Well Browning never interact with Saito in all actuality in the movie... and while we never see Fischer acknowledge Saito... it is not actually ruled out... that is why I said that I could overlook that. The interactions in the dream stages don't really matter.

btw...what sort of professor was Cobb's father?
who allowed Cobb to leave the US after being accused of murder?

Cobb's father was a university professor and presumeably an early researcher into sharing dreams and lucid dreaming.
It looks like Cobb make a run for it while on bail... because the lawyer with the tickets was telling him time bust out when he was trying to see his kids.

Marcos boy, I won't pay to see this again. When I can TVO it, I will watch it again. It was a fairy decent action movie.

Bakes boy the lottery ticket pelt spade...steupse

1]; } ?>