April 27, 2024, 04:56:46 AM

Author Topic: How can you get the best out of Kenwyne Jones?  (Read 5430 times)

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How can you get the best out of Kenwyne Jones?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »
lol @ 1/4 million

thats right 1/4 million in di championship .

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 06:49:20 PM »
lol @ 1/4 million
:rotfl: :rotfl: that is funny.
Fuller had 3 goals last season in 35 games.

fuller was the leading goal scorer for stoke (overall) in all leagues in 2009/10 kj have not done
that in for any team thats why I say he maybe overated . Lets hope stoke dont get relegated .

He topscored for Sunderland for one season papi............get ur facts straight!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »
Ah doh watch nutten round here cuz d Enterprrise got this. So wid that said large up meh Alliance breddah in town for a quick visit. It will be an outrage when we touch d road on south beach in about an hour. Cuz any where we go ah bare @@al ah run we down. Fuh d people dat will be home u can ketch ah nice vibe wid some good music on line or if u south FL . Check out meh chinee breddah on d 1 2 and 3 @ 99 Jamz. If u hating ah told u already where tuh go and push yuh head. U zee it? HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 10:29:22 AM »
lol @ 1/4 million
:rotfl: :rotfl: that is funny.
Fuller had 3 goals last season in 35 games.

fuller was the leading goal scorer for stoke (overall) in all leagues in 2009/10 kj have not done
that in for any team thats why I say he maybe overated . Lets hope stoke dont get relegated .

He topscored for Sunderland for one season papi............get ur facts straight!!

still lets hope kj brings something to stoke.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 12:40:48 PM »
Said it for a long time you will see an upswing in Kenwyne's form now that he has moved, the real question is will it last. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
The difference between Jones and Fuller is that even though their recent productivity is about the same level, Fuller has already reached his peak, while Jones still hasn't reached his.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Overrated… Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 06:26:48 AM »
Overrated… Kenwyne Jones
By Ash (inthestands.co.uk)

I was thinking of giving ol’ Kenwyne an intro but I cannot be bother to sugar coat this. He’s shit, he’s slow and generally a bit of a lumbering pillock. How Sunderland have managed to fleece Stoke £8 million for this “player” I have no idea.

I saw Kenwyne play against Man Yoo last year in the 2-2 draw and I was amazed at what I saw. You hear all these superlatives and on the tele he looks a handful, but what I saw that day was a young man without a footballing brain. He wasn’t making the right runs, he was miles slower than I thought he’d be and all he did was just be there. If it wasn’t for Ben Foster having no confidence in his ability at all that day, he never would have grabbed a goal.

But one thing that I did mention was presence. He is a big, big lad and he burly presence is probably the reason why Stoke brought him in. The only problem is he doesn’t bring much else to the party, sort of like an Emile Heskey. Useful, but useful doesn’t make you a good player.

Don’t believe me? Go buy your Premiership tickets when he is playing or Aston Villa tickets, as they are their next opponents and see what a terribly overrated player he is. That is if he is even playing…
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
Q:How can you get the best out of Kenwyne Jones?

A:Stinger nettle bush..... ;D...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 06:55:15 AM »

nah, put him on a primary school team and he mite shine?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 07:21:23 AM »

I think the question we should be asking is,what is Kenwyne's best?everybody expecting KJ to be our next DY and it eh go happen,we have ben making so much excuses for this player,injuries affecting him,he young and will improve with time,we used to compare/rate him with Drogba,Rooney etc etc at one time it was said the big clubs was after him,Roy Keane said he would not sell him he that good,yes all that is good but what has it done for him,one thing though he can't blame anyone because he got the opportunities,the game today is everybody loves you until you stop producing.       

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »
Put him to play defense.  :-\
All American

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 01:57:15 PM »
ah said awhile back, buh ah cyah find it...I happy with whey he reach, and playing outta position too....ah proud ah the boy...even thru ah mash up knee, dey still talkin him up & down in the EPL no less..

From 2005
The modern wing back has to be

1- Athletic
2- Fast
3- Extremely fit
4- Able to recover QUICKLY when caught out of position
5- Put pressure on the opposing winger/wide player both offensively and defensively

This is why ah moving Jones back to where he should be playing...Because he young, good and has attacking abilities doesn't make his best position forWARD, jus because some desperate English coaches think so. Most goals he score with is head, not deft skills, and nose for goal, ability..
Ah pretty sure Leo and Kenwyn wil realize this..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:59:03 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »
Put him to play defense.  :-\
put him to play defense and offense, MIDFIELD,  ah thought Bruce was figuring it out, but ah shoulda known better..

add: I'm not sure this theory would still apply in the EPL anymore, considering his Knee & ankle issues, but I would still look into it
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:08:57 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>