March 29, 2024, 01:53:01 AM

Author Topic: What is the Standard of th TNT Pro League?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
What is the Standard of th TNT Pro League?
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:20:35 PM »
Because I dont know and I was Interested. what league is simliar as in standard of football. e.g its the same as England League 2 Standard.
Thanx
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 06:07:31 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What is the Standard of th TNT Pro League?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »
The top players in our league could play for legaue 2 teams or championship team.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 02:07:02 PM »
The top players in our league could play for legaue 2 teams or championship team.
Ok.Thanx Triniman. so basically the league is the same standard as League2/Confence. is the game fast paced? or very techinical and tactical? or Long ball?

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 05:05:13 PM »
Maybe sometime when I have the time I can give you a longer view but for now I would say that some of the players are pretty good.

For example Aurtis Whitey plays much more attacking (and I would say plays better) for his club Jabloteh than he played on Wednesday night against Mexico and we all know how well he played in that match.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 05:15:07 PM »
on my opinion it's better than the MLS in america and it's more entertaining

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
We are not answering de question and thus exaggerating the quality of the league. Futbol wants to know about the strength of the league. So let us stop talking about the best players and talk about the league in its entirety..in other words....its depth. Aurtis Whitley is a star in the league...he does not exemplify its overall standard. There is a lot of talent in the league, but overall it is a step below MLS and definitely below the English Championship. Even if you wanted to focus on the best in our league: Our best teams cannot beat the best MLS teams nor can they beat the best English Championship teams. If a PFL all-star team went to play Real Madrid in Spain, like the MLS all-star team did..we would have gotten absolutely destroyed ina  far more embarassing manner than the 5-0 loss the MLS all-star team received

Don't believe me, then ask Leo Beenhaker who has tons of international experience and is the coach of the national team. He does not rate the PFL that highly. Don't trust Leo...then look at our National Team. Look at where our best players play and you will realize that our local league is not that strong overall

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 06:19:27 PM »
explain the licks Chicago fire get from Jabloteh nah i know they beat them over there but meh point is we could beat them so i guess it's safe to say we could beat MLS teams and we as good as  the MLS league but they still boring to watch

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 06:33:22 PM »
explain the licks Chicago fire get from Jabloteh nah i know they beat them over there but meh point is we could beat them so i guess it's safe to say we could beat MLS teams and we as good as the MLS league but they still boring to watch

jabloteh win the first leg in TNT and you think it is safe to say PFL teams can beat MLS teams. You really listening to that logic? That example is pretty terrible and actually weakens your argument. First, it was a 2-leg affair and we get de worse kinda licks. Losing in Chicago after holding such a lead is a disgrace and should show you de tactical naivety of what was the League's top side then. Plus that is one example....TnT Under 20 with Dwight Yorke and co. beat Brazil Under 20 in TnT, remember? How come we got destroyed in the tourney and Brazil went on to the final? (I am not comparing MLS to Brazilian football) I am saying that you have to have more than one example of a PFL team winning on local soil no less...dread, we still end up collecting real licks. Plus...I made it really clear that I believe the quality of a league cannot be decided by just the top 1 or 2 teams. Our league may be more exciting (to you) than the MLS and it may produce some good talent...but overall it's not that great. Better than the US A-league but worse than MLS.

the Bundesliga is boring to watch..it's still miles better than the PFL. We are not talking style...but quality.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 06:38:41 PM »
i get yuh point my apologies i got it when yuh explain the bundesliga yuh right yes

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »
The PFL is stagnant, in that clubs are not trying to put the necessary structural elements in place ot ensure ongoing success.  With the exception of W Connection and Jabloteh, we really do not have teams that operate in a professional manner.  The clubs are not bringing players through their development programs (with the exception of Connection and Jabloteh).  Standard wise, I agree that we are below the MLS and Championship.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 08:14:16 PM »
Filho,....yuh miss meh point breda and in addition yuh may not know a couple of other important things I learnt recently about the Pro League and that Jabloteh - Chicago match.

1. Its not the PFL, its the TT Pro League. The PFL was dissolved a few years ago.

2. At least two teams ( Jabloteh and Connection) can beat or play to the standard of any MLS team or Championship team - of course that is debatable.  I know that two teams do not make a whole league but its a start the Pro League is only a few years old. The other teams cannot afford to buy the type of players Jabloteh and Connection buy and that is why overall they are so weak but things are changing. Because the league games are not televised it hard to see how everybody playing so I must say from what I see so far whenever dem two teams clash it is more entertaining that anything I see in de MLS.

2. Whitley is not the only 'star' in the Pro League, even though he plays attackin for Jabloteh in fact he is nowhere near being say the leading league goalscorer but he can change a game. There are many other 'stars' even on weaker teams, look Theobold from Fire get a contract and deh playing same league and both are national players. I pointed out Whitley earlier because he stood out Wednesday night so I cud give de man a guage of what some of the players can offer. I was not saying one player indicate de strength of de league.

3. That Jabloteh Chicago return match was played in Chicago cold and Jabloteh playing most of the match with 10 men. No goal was scored against them until Ian Gray was sent off for what the replay showed was not even a foul cause he did not even touch the player. NO one was sent off in the first leg and yet Chicago collect 5 goals from jabloteh. One of Chicago's goals was an own goal from Elcock and Jabloteh ended up losing by one goal on goal difference. First I was one of those cussing bout how Jabloteh lost that 2nd rd match but when it was explained to me what happended and the treatment they received from Chicago when they played there it put things in perspective for me.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 08:45:25 PM »
Filho,....yuh miss meh point breda

Nah horse...I eh miss your point. To be honest you didn't have time to expand on your point, I just found that what you wrote, really said nothing about the league. You mentioned something about good players and I agreed with you that the league has talented individuals. However, it seemed that you were implying that one can use the quality of Whitley as a meter for the quality of the league...and I disagree with that

1. Its not the PFL, its the TT Pro League. The PFL was dissolved a few years ago.

thnx...that was really helpful and puts a complete new spin on the discussion  ???

2. At least two teams ( Jabloteh and Connection) can beat or play to the standard of any MLS team or Championship team - of course that is debatable. I know that two teams do not make a whole league but its a start the Pro League is only a few years old. The other teams cannot afford to buy the type of players Jabloteh and Connection buy and that is why overall they are so weak but things are changing. Because the league games are not televised it hard to see how everybody playing so I must say from what I see so far whenever dem two teams clash it is more entertaining that anything I see in de MLS.

Agreed...all dat cool. You cannot use the two top teams to describe a league, but when you qualify your statements as you have, it at least puts things in some perspective. I also think entertainment value may mean the league is more fun..or you may like it more...but we talking about the standard of play...not its entertainment value. Football is entertainment, so it is important, but it is often independent of the actual standard of play.

2. Whitley is not the only 'star' in the Pro League, even though he plays attackin for Jabloteh in fact he is nowhere near being say the leading league goalscorer but he can change a game. There are many other 'stars' even on weaker teams, look Theobold from Fire get a contract and deh playing same league and both are national players. I pointed out Whitley earlier because he stood out Wednesday night so I cud give de man a guage of what some of the players can offer. I was not saying one player indicate de strength of de league.

Read my post carefully..I said he is a star...not the only star. You may be trying to give a gauge of what some players can offer, but since you didn't actually say thata nd that was clearly not the question asked, your statement was misleading. And doesn't 3 come after 2 ?  ;)

3. That Jabloteh Chicago return match was played in Chicago cold and Jabloteh playing most of the match with 10 men. No goal was scored against them until Ian Gray was sent off for what the replay showed was not even a foul cause he did not even touch the player. NO one was sent off in the first leg and yet Chicago collect 5 goals from jabloteh. One of Chicago's goals was an own goal from Elcock and Jabloteh ended up losing by one goal on goal difference. First I was one of those cussing bout how Jabloteh lost that 2nd rd match but when it was explained to me what happended and the treatment they received from Chicago when they played there it put things in perspective for me.

dread...dey lost. end of story. after all de conspiracy ting with the TnT game v Mexico you eh realize that when you loss you just hadda hold it and be a good sport. you talking bout you hear how dey treat us in Chicago...c'mon man. they got hammered. yes, it was cold...but Chicago could complain that when they came to TnT it was too dam hot since they were used to the cold at that point. the red card is part of the game....and an own goal is ah goal. no excuses..dey throw it away

1]; } ?>