April 19, 2024, 08:13:27 PM

Author Topic: Praise de Lord no local as T&T top cop.  (Read 7465 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah feel gibbs looking to open a bake-n-shark kiosk in west edmonton mall ;)

hmmmm allyuh eh realise if yuh call bake n shark name 3 times he will appear?  ;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

hmmmm allyuh eh realise if yuh call bake n shark name 3 times he will appear?  ;D

I going and buy some garlic now!  ::)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I going and buy some garlic now!  ::)

dont say davyjenny didnt warn you. :whistling:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

LOL!!! :rotfl:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Crime going through the roof and they talking about bake-and-shark in Maracas, well i tell yuh!! they just keeping taking away my hopes from down dey!!

u quote u self to say that? ???
:rotfl: :rotfl:

What ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ideas eh d problem. I hope iz good ideas but d real issue is IMPLEMENTATION OF D GOOD IDEAS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is the big deal about bake and shark????

Doh make you and I fall out.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
What is the big deal about bake and shark????

Doh make you and I fall out.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Gibbs arrives in TT to negotiate salary
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 05:53:44 PM »
 Gibbs arrives in TT to negotiate salary

click on pic to zoom inCoP-ELECT DWAYNE GIBBS...Canadian Dwayne Gibbs who was approved by Government to be this country’s new Commissioner of Police arrived in the country yesterday evening and will spend today in meetings and negotiations with the Director of Personnel Administration to firm up his remuneration package.

Gibbs left Edmonton, Canada yesterday and told Newsday he was expected to be in Trinidad by 11 pm and had made arrangements to stay at a Port-of-Spain hotel. He added that he was expected to leave Trinidad early Tuesday morning to return to Canada.

Gibbs 58, the father of three, is a retired Superintendent of Police and was selected by Penn State University as the second choice for Commissioner of Police in an order of merit list submitted to the former Police Service Commission.

The first choice of Penn State another Canadian Neal Parker was not approved by the House of Representatives because of questions over his involvement with Penn State prior to his selection.

Newsday understands that at 11 am today, Gibbs will meet with Attorney General Anand Ramlogan, National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy at the office of the Attorney General at Cabildo Chambers. The three will discuss anti-crime measures for Trinidad and Tobago. Following that meeting, Gibbs will meet with the Director of Personnel Administration and officials from the Ministry of Public Administration who will present him a three-year contract.

Sources reveal the contract states specifically if Gibbs does not perform his contract could be terminated with immediate effect. Newsday understands Gibbs could receive a salary much higher than what is currently enjoyed by the present Ag Commissioner of Police. It remained unclear whether he will be paid in Canadian dollars or TT dollars.

Following his meetings, Gibbs will return to Canada to consider the contract and will be given a grace period to decide if he accepts the contract or not.

Gibbs has already indicated that he is anxious to get going and wants to revamp the Trinidad and Tobago police service in a meaningful way so that the country will benefit from new anti-crime measures.

Gibbs’ selection has also effectively ended the tenure of Ag Police Commissioner James Philbert, who had recently been granted a fourth extension by the Police Service Commission until September 30.

Gibbs is currently the Chief Executive Officer of the Mustard Seed Foundation in Canada, an organisation which is responsible for catering to the needs of the homeless.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Gibbs arrives in TT to negotiate salary
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2010, 03:58:02 AM »
$133,000 A MONTH
Cabinet considers salary for new Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs
By Akile Simon (T&T Express).

DWAYNE GIBBS, the country's next Commissioner of Police, will rake in a salary of $1.5 million annually, once Cabinet approves a package he negotiated with government officials earlier this week.

Gibbs, according to information obtained by the Express yesterday, will receive a monthly salary of $132,916, while his fellow Canadian, Jack Ewatski, will take home a salary of $106,333.

This means that Gibbs will receive $92,916 more than the average salary of a Commissioner of Police. Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert receives an average monthly salary of $40,000.

Philbert's basic salary is an estimated $31,000 but he gets allowances amounting to $9,000, the Express understands. The basic salary of Deputy Commissioners of Police Stephen Williams and Maurice Piggott is $24,000. The senior officers also take home allowances amounting to $7,000, which takes their salary to $31,000 before tax.

The Express understands the two Canadians are being paid in US currency, which means Gibbs will be paid an average US$22,200, while Ewatski will get US$17,700. These salaries mean Gibbs and Ewatski will be the highest paid Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner of Police in the history of the Police Service.

Accommodation will also be provided for both men at the State's cost and they will each receive an unmarked private police vehicle, apart from their official police vehicle.

Contacted last evening by phone about the proposed salaries, Gibbs and Ewatski said they did not wish to comment since the negotiations were to be approved by Cabinet. Both men agreed to the proposals outlined in their contractual obligations earlier this week, when they met with Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and National Security Minister Brigadier John Sandy at the AG's Port of Spain office.

After that meeting, Ramlogan told the Express that the proposals which were accepted by both men had to get Cabinet approval. Cabinet met yesterday and the Express understands the remuneration packages of both men were discussed and referred to the Finance and General Purposes Committee.

The committee, which includes Finance Minister Winston Dookeran, is expected to meet on Monday to discuss the men's salary arrangements and forward its recommendation back to Cabinet for approval.

Speaking from Canada last night, Gibbs said once Cabinet approves his terms and condition, he should be in the country by mid-September, since he had a previous engagement.

"I am hoping that once everything is finalised, I should be in Trinidad and Tobago by mid-September. No date has been finalised yet as to when I would arrive in the country to take up duties," he said.

Ewatski, also speaking from Canada, said he would be available for duty as soon as a decision was taken by Cabinet.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Praise de Lord no local as T&T top cop.
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 06:20:17 AM »
I expect that if we bringing a foreigner, we have to pay him top dollar.  BUT the crime rate have to drop like when yuh pelt a stone off the side of a cliff or ah want back mih money!!

Now let we see him deal with police men and women who didn't want a foreigner in the first place AND now have to deal with one that getting more than the PM....he better borrow some magic dust from what little Latapy have left.  That and a good bush bath.  Then he might a fighting chance of making it here. 

Ah giving him 6 months (and I've been told I'm being generous).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:22:39 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 07:36:44 AM »
$133,000 A MONTH

This means that Gibbs will receive $92,916 more than the average salary of a Commissioner of Police. Acting Commissioner of Police James Philbert receives an average monthly salary of $40,000.

Philbert's basic salary is an estimated $31,000 but he gets allowances amounting to $9,000, the Express understands. The basic salary of Deputy Commissioners of Police Stephen Williams and Maurice Piggott is $24,000. The senior officers also take home allowances amounting to $7,000, which takes their salary to $31,000 before tax.

As a young officer (trainning and after) My base salary was around $31,000 in 1998 and each year that went up. I really doubting those figures.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 11:11:15 AM »
$133,000 A MONTH

As a young officer (trainning and after) My base salary was around $31,000 in 1998 and each year that went up. I really doubting those figures.

I think these are monthly figures... if you was making $31,000 TT a month as a young constable in-training, then maybe I in de wrong profession yes.

------------------------------------------

These salaries are, in a word... obscene.  If these figures are correct:

$132,916 TT a month=  $1,594,992 TT a year or approximately $1.6 million TT

132,916 TT a month= $20,930.73 US a month

$20,930 US a month= $251,168 US a year.

So Trinidad, which is barely the size of Delaware (the smallest state in the US) is proposing to pay its Police Commissioner a salary of $251K a year.  By comparison here are the salaries for the Police Commissioners of three of the six largest US jurisdictions- omtting #'s (3) Chicago, (4) Houston and (5) Phoenix:

(1) New York City- Salary of $205,180 (just increased from $188,700)

(2) Los Angeles- Salary of $307K

(6) Philadelphia- Salary of $195K

So you trying to tell me that this Canadian from whatever backwater in Vancouver or whey ever he from, who last year had approximately 85 homicides and 2,300 sexual assaults TOTAL to deal with is being proposed a salary that is greater than his counterparts in some of these jurisdictions who deal with much more serious crime, on a much greater level?

You have to be f**king kidding me.  We have real money to burn yes...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 11:13:59 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
$133,000 A MONTH

I think these are monthly figures... if you was making $31,000 TT a month as a young constable in-training, then maybe I in de wrong profession yes.

------------------------------------------

These salaries are, in a word... obscene.  If these figures are correct:

$132,916 TT a month=  $1,594,992 TT a year or approximately $1.6 million TT

132,916 TT a month= $20,930.73 US a month

$20,930 US a month= $251,168 US a year.

So Trinidad, which is barely the size of Delaware (the smallest state in the US) is proposing to pay its Police Commissioner a salary of $251K a year.  By comparison here are the salaries for the Police Commissioners of three of the six largest US jurisdictions- omtting #'s (3) Chicago, (4) Houston and (5) Phoenix:

(1) New York City- Salary of $205,180 (just increased from $188,700)

(2) Los Angeles- Salary of $307K

(6) Philadelphia- Salary of $195K

So you trying to tell me that this Canadian from whatever backwater in Vancouver or whey ever he from, who last year had approximately 85 homicides and 2,300 sexual assaults TOTAL to deal with is being proposed a salary that is greater than his counterparts in some of these jurisdictions who deal with much more serious crime, on a much greater level?

You must be right about that, I had thought yearly cause I was thinking base salary = Yearly salary. Good catch.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

evidently not enough if de best dey can get is a fella from edmonchuk....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »
True, he never even make commisioner no where...bes rank he make was sr. superintendent

I surprise de salary eh negotiated beforehand......he out to colleck ah golden parachute
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 03:23:23 PM »
True, he never even make commisioner no where...bes rank he make was sr. superintendent

I surprise de salary eh negotiated beforehand......he out to colleck ah golden parachute

Ah think he was Superintendent of Police for all of Alberta though... so it was a Province level position rather than a local one.  But still... this man  supposed to be making more than the NYCPD Commissioner?

This government in a real mess if they sign off on that salary... let Calgary or Edmonton, whey ever he from keep him if they want him back dat bad.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
How can U justify hiring a foreigner for the job, if he is going to be working under improved conditions when compared to those before him and even his local counterparts. So many factors have already been altered that would make this experiment null even if it results in a positive outcome..!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
LAWD  is not that the man foreign that raises an eyebrow fuh meh  but consider this:

What qualifications and what is this man past success in dealing with a situation as  there is in TnT?

What constitutes or justifies the disparity in the allowances and perks that have been given to him so far and  he has not solved a petty theft as yet?

Is the perks been given to him justified? or is this another case of someone bleeding the island?

Could the contract be not  incentive laden  so that as we see the results of  his plans and reform measures to curb plans, then pay increase?

No but what the powers to be is quickly pay someone from the outside to fix the same woes we create.....

How will his job be evaluated? how will the public know if he is achieving success?
what will be  measures of success?

Given this man age , I sure he drawing a 'big fat' Canadian pension and to top it off this will be gravy on teh meal. Look at the lifestyle that is been  put on this man platter.... wap just so he get all these perks?
This man must be Kojack.....he is ah one man savior or are we back to a mental shackles of colonialism and looking fuh MASSA to whip me back in shape?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$2.5 million a year for Gibbs

By NALINEE SEELAL Friday, August 20 2010

The country’s new Commissioner of Police (CoP) Dwayne Gibbs will receive a salary plus benefits which will amount to an estimated $2.5 million a year.

Gibbs, a Canadian, agreed to this package during a meeting with Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and Minister of National Security Brigadier John Sandy at Cabildo Chambers, Port-of- Spain on Monday.

His gross salary is estimated to be $1.5 million a year but since the package includes housing, entertainment,(he here on ah holiday ? the tax payers go pay fuh he entertainment?) phone,(With all that money he cyar afford he own phone?) transportation and other allowances, Gibbs stands to earn a total of $2.5 million. Compared to Acting Police Commissioner James Philbert whose monthly salary is an estimated $31,000, Gibbs will receive an estimated $125,000 a month.

This means Gibbs will be the highest paid CoP in this country’s history.

Gibbs is expected to be provided accommodation in the upscale Federation Park, St Clair. (put the man in Lavantille or Beetham highway; let the man fend fuh heself and get ah realistic view of some of the ills that is causing the crimes)

The house will be ready for Gibbs and his wife when they arrive in Trinidad on September 13. He officially assumes his duties on September 15.

Next Thursday, Cabinet will be asked to approve the multi-million dollar contract for Gibbs. Government sources said Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who returns on Sunday from a ten-day visit to New York, is eager to endorse the package as she wants to have Gibbs get down to work as CoP.

Gibbs’ contract will be for three years and it contains a clause for immediate termination for non-performance. (WHAT WILL CONSTITUTE NON PERFORMANCE? WHO HE BULLING?)

Another Canadian James Ewartski, who is to take up his post as a Deputy Police Commissioner later this month, also negotiated a package with Ramlogan and Sandy on Monday.

Although details of his package were not known yesterday, Newsday understands his monthly salary will be significantly more than what is paid to local deputy commissioners Stephen Williams and Maurice Piggott who receive an estimated $24,000 a month. Ewartski’s package will also include allowances and a housing accommodation. ([b] ah boy look how we does undervalue we own and high ball the foreign)

President of the Police Social and Welfare Association Sgt Anand Ramesar, when asked to comment on the Gibbs’ salary said, “Our position is very simple, we have outstanding salary issues. The State must deal with our salary issues which are over three years outstanding before you can deal with the salary for anyone else.”

He said the lucrative packages for Gibbs and Ewartski could have a “demoralising effect” on local police officers.

“The information that is being fed back to me from the membership is that they are not prepared to cooperate beyond the call of duty as they are doing now. It will be important, and to the benefit of all stakeholders within the national security industry, to treat with the salaries of police officers before treating with the salary for anyone else,” said Ramesar.

Ramesar and his executive met with Sandy yesterday to discuss the salary negotiations.

He said the association is expected to hold a general council meeting on the August 24 where the matter will be further discussed.

[/b]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:51:46 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2010, 05:06:57 AM »
Bakes, thanks for the figures cuz I was really wondering what the comparable amounts were for places in the US or Canada.  Yeah we have to compensate him properly for bringing him here but as yuh figures suggest, he should be getting half of what they reporting.
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2010, 05:51:26 AM »
let de man make some money nah..
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »
just curious, what philbert doing after dis?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:47 AM »
Gibbs = robocop and lone ranger  in one come save us and tonto commin too.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
just curious, what philbert doing after dis?

He going and plant peas in Tobago....he check mih yesterday for a spot to do he thing....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »
philbert eh even get de "tonto" wuk. 

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »
ehheehehe ah see the acting commissioner was asked to step down before his official term ended. No OFFICIAL REASON GIVEN...what happen to transparency as the government said they would be all about?

Anyhow speculation is that they need to clear the office so that they could justify  the 'extreme make over'  with imported  bear skin rug, Canadian winter scenery, furs  and imported decor for the  high priced CRIME FIGHTING PLAN to rid TnT of the criminal element.

Look nah no one is immune from this crime  crap hitting TnT. Recently when i was home, one morning I up at 5 a.m. TO THE SOUNDS OF THE BARKING DOGS. AH MAN JUMP THE FRONT GATE, RUN PAST THE SIDE OF THE HOUSE IN THE YARD  DOWN THE BACK OF THE PROPERTY AND JUMP THE WIRE FENCE TO THE BACK.

The  damn pot hounds at meh grandma's hose useless. Ah need areal bad dog fuh dey. Listen nah the man like he running from something and yuh think he stopping when ah shout out.

So ah waiting tuh see if the plan is ah one stop deal or if  money could have been better used  for training  our officers and sending them to police academies abroad to develop techniques and training for  what they face on a daily basis.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We government paying for ideas or actions?  It have enough men in here with ideas too...... but come nah could we have not invested the cost of foreign expertise by deploying these sums into sending more officers to train in foreign police academies, bringing experts in for workshops and providing our local commissioners with  conferences and additional training to establish plans and actions for our context?
Do we really need to bring in the foreign  man to work here to put the plan in action?

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
        Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "The Wisdom of the Sands"
        French writer (1900 - 1944)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:06:51 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gibbs boy tell the family doh miss yuh too much...yuh goh be back in 6 months.....or less...
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gibbs boy tell the family doh miss yuh too much...yuh goh be back in 6 months.....or less...

Lets hope they don't send him home in ah box.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Lets hope they don't send him home in ah box.

Oh lawwwwddd....he safe man, is the rest ah we that at the mercy of the miscreants....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>