April 25, 2024, 10:37:11 PM

Author Topic: 2010 FIBA World Championships  (Read 10334 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 FIBA World Championships
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 09:13:08 AM »

As I said before

Anyway, this US side have real licks to get.

Well so far they 3-0 and next up is Iran.

Yuh suppose tuh pretend yuh in bizarro world... yuh eh realize?

In checking out the highlights Spain vs. Lithuania seems like it was one heckuva game.  Rudy Fernadez is one jumping Spaniard boy... I still ambivalent about that rumored move to the Knicks though, not convinced he'll be worth the cost.  That said... he absolutely get posterized by ah Lituanian around the 1:10 mark or so.  Is like he jump convinced he could block it, except the Lituanian had half a step and momentum, and Fernandez try tuh duck outta de way last minute...lol

Haha yea when my boy see he could end up with a "in yo face" he turn the other way yes...I thought he was going to do like Lebron and swat it outta de gym but when he jump like he realize it was too late.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »

Haha yea when my boy see he could end up with a "in yo face" he turn the other way yes...I thought he was going to do like Lebron and swat it outta de gym but when he jump like he realize it was too late.

I say if it inevitable that yuh going and end up on somebody poster, might as well make it a good one and doh half ass. Ducking only go make it look worse, lol

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »
game finish as a real nail-biter.  USA by 2.

Kevin Durant might actually be the best player in the NBA as early as right now as far as I see.

I doubt it... the international game isn't as physical and favors jump-shooters so he's flourishing right now.  He needs to get stronger so that he could develop a better low-post game in my mind... but right now he has the long-range shooting, the mid-range and the rebounding.  He's a scorer supreme.

I knew I was caught up in the moment even as I was making the comment but the man going to be even better next season.  I watching these games and it's clear that the man have a knack for stepping up at important moments.  Against Brasil the man was real clutch.  On both ends of the floor when necessary. 

International ball is not the same as NBA but he and Rose really establishing themselves as bona fide stars as opposed to very good players.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »
game finish as a real nail-biter.  USA by 2.

Kevin Durant might actually be the best player in the NBA as early as right now as far as I see.

I doubt it... the international game isn't as physical and favors jump-shooters so he's flourishing right now.  He needs to get stronger so that he could develop a better low-post game in my mind... but right now he has the long-range shooting, the mid-range and the rebounding.  He's a scorer supreme.

I knew I was caught up in the moment even as I was making the comment but the man going to be even better next season.  I watching these games and it's clear that the man have a knack for stepping up at important moments.  Against Brasil the man was real clutch.  On both ends of the floor when necessary. 

International ball is not the same as NBA but he and Rose really establishing themselves as bona fide stars as opposed to very good players.

Totally agree... look at the college system in which Rose flourished and it's easy to see he prefers to run the open court... ala Iverson when he first came into the league.  Unlike A.I. I think he can run the half-court if necessary... and it would behoove him to develop that- he ent going to stay young and athletic he whole career, if not age then injuries (Sean Livingston, Ron Harper to name a couple) could take that away from him at any moment.  But right now these games providing a great template to Scott Brooks (OKC) and whoever his new coach in Chicago is... on how to maximize their talents.

Meanwhile Team USA keeps on rolling... onto the elimination round agains poor Angola.  There are enough good teams out there (Spain, Lithuania, Greece, Serbia, Germany, Brazil... to name a few) who could still pip them... but they clicking right now.  Hopefully (as a fan), the Brazil scare is all that they needed, because they playing for keeps this time.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
The US manhandle Angola 121-66... with Lamar Odom leading the way.

http://www.fibatv.com/page/FullGames/0,,12805,00.html

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 09:47:03 PM »

Wheyyy that is a blowout...55 points dread. Then again they playing the US so I'll give them a bly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »

Wheyyy that is a blowout...55 points dread. Then again they playing the US so I'll give them a bly.

Like Charles Barkley said 18 yrs ago in Barcelona  "I don't know anything about Angola, but I know they're in trouble."

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:18 AM »

Like Charles Barkley said 18 yrs ago in Barcelona  "I don't know anything about Angola, but I know they're in trouble."
sir charles mouth din have no cover.lol.....but he was right.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:10 PM »
Like everything else today... ah miss de game, but Brazil vs. Argentina was a helluva game.  Argentina won 93-89... with the Rockets' Luis Scola pacing the way with 37 points, 9 rebounds.  I must say, for all the talk that Tiago Splitter was generating (big SI article and thing this past week), look like Scola turn out both he and Varejao like teenages prostitutes. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
Serbia with the huge upset over Spain 92-89... ah wasn't looking for that one at all, I must say.  Serbia led most of the way but Spain tied it late, only to have some Serbian with ice water in he veins shoot a 24-foot three pointer (he was 1 for 7 from distance before that shot) to win it.

Congrats also to Turkey for stepping their international game up, first time ever they've advanced to a semi-final, with their win over Slovakia.

US vs. Russia live on ESPN in 15 mins... 11 am.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:48:27 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
going to have to find a way to catch this second half.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:59 AM »

Russia staying close... but US now out to a 10-point lead early in the third.  Russian shooting keeping them in the game.  Chauncey Billups and Durant killing dem.

EDIT: 

70-56 at the end of the third.  Westbrook sparked the team in the third, with a series of steals and dunks, while Billups connected on several 3-point shots to help create some separation.

EDIT:

Final score 89-79 US

Durant with 33 to lead the team.  daryn... one thing yuh right about, Durant will be scary this upcoming season.

Marcos and Capo whey allyuh?  "Real licks to get"? 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:00:14 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
Durant is the man. I loved his game since he was at Texas and lost a NCAA bracket because I bet on him. I thought this US team would have been beaten at least once though. But they proving me wrong
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 12:55:19 PM »

Russia staying close... but US now out to a 10-point lead early in the third.  Russian shooting keeping them in the game.  Chauncey Billups and Durant killing dem.

EDIT: 

70-56 at the end of the third.  Westbrook sparked the team in the third, with a series of steals and dunks, while Billups connected on several 3-point shots to help create some separation.

EDIT:

Final score 89-79 US

Durant with 33 to lead the team.  daryn... one thing yuh right about, Durant will be scary this upcoming season.

Marcos and Capo whey allyuh?  "Real licks to get"? 
look like they gellin....but it eh over yet.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 01:00:23 PM »
Durant is the man. I loved his game since he was at Texas and lost a NCAA bracket because I bet on him. I thought this US team would have been beaten at least once though. But they proving me wrong

Yeah, I became a fan of his from his year at Texas... totally deserved the POY honors he got.  His rebounding to me is the most surprising thing... yes he tall and have a 7-foot wingspan, but rebounding is nasty business.  He clearly doh mind mixing it up.  His defense is picking up as well.

This US team still has a tough two games to play if they plan on winning the title, Scola averaging 30 pts a game for Argentina, to lead all tournament scorers.  But as I say that, I now checking de scores and see Lithuania up 50-30 on Argentina at the half  :o :o

EDIT:

Score is now 87-58 LTU with 7:38 left in the game...  :o

EDIT:

Final Score: LTU 104- ARG 85

Wow... I don't know which was the bigger upset, Serbia beating Spain or Lithuania beating Argentina.

Brackets are all set then... USA plays LTU at 22 pm EST on Saturday (ESPN)

SER plays TUR at 2:30 pm

Kleiza playing out of his mind for LTU, but aside from him, it eh really have anybody of note on that team.  Them probably ketch fire from outside and light up Argentina.  Sure enough... looking at the stats they shot 12-24 from 3-pt range.  But something else musse went on b/c 12 3 pointers is only 36 pts.  Scola musse was tired.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:06:07 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
Yea his one year in college was superb and I and all doubted he would've had that same impact in the NBA saying he's needs to gain weight but he definitely proved me wrong. This man is a superstar in the league, averaging as much points as Kobe and Lebron. The thing is I'm not even sure if he sees himself as superstar yet cause he's very humble. What I like about him is his versatility, he has great shooting range, an inside game, can rebound, block shots and a team player.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »
Yea his one year in college was superb and I and all doubted he would've had that same impact in the NBA saying he's needs to gain weight but he definitely proved me wrong. This man is a superstar in the league, averaging as much points as Kobe and Lebron. The thing is I'm not even sure if he sees himself as superstar yet cause he's very humble. What I like about him is his versatility, he has great shooting range, an inside game, can rebound, block shots and a team player.

He also has the "eye of the tiger" that the truly great ones have. Something Lebron just doesn't seem to have.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2010, 11:50:13 AM »

He also has the "eye of the tiger" that the truly great ones have. Something Lebron just doesn't seem to have.

He was too much for LTU today, 38 points. This man has some serious shooting range and yes the "eye of the tiger". It's funny how the commentator said his teammates told him he needs to be more selfish when he's easily averaging 25 pts a game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2010, 02:16:14 PM »
Miss de game, got back in late. 

Now watching the Serbia v. Turkey game... 76-75 Turkey with 4 mins left in the game.  Serbia shooting lights out from 3... but Turkey scrapping and just take de lead on a three themselves.

------------------------------------

EDIT:  Turkey 83 - Serbia 82

What a game, what a finish.  Turkey scored and the player got fouled on the play to put turkey up 81-80.  The free throw was missed and Serbia's point guard drove under to the basket, dished to a player cutting from his left... who then drew the defense before dishing to a team mate under the bucket for the layup... 82-81 Serbia.

With 4 seconds left in the game Turkey inbounded at mid-court, a player tip-toed the left sideline and passed to an open team mate as Serbia's defense fell apart.  Turkey scored a wide open layup with .5 left on the clock.  After initially letting the game clock expire the officials reviewed the play and put .5 secs back on the clock.  A last-second alley-oop failed, and Turkey advanced to the finals where it will face the US.

Game time is set for 2:30 pm tomorrow on ESPN.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:40:36 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »
big game today.

playing Turkey in Turkey.  If Fenerbahce-Galatasaray match ups are any indication the atmosphere could be more intense than anything any of these US players have ever played in.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »
big game today.

playing Turkey in Turkey.  If Fenerbahce-Galatasaray match ups are any indication the atmosphere could be more intense than anything any of these US players have ever played in.

Yuh mean if the atmosphere was anything like it was for Serbia yesterday... Fran Fraschilla say it was like Cameron Indoor Stadium... times ten.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
big first half for Durant.  20 pts; US leading by 10 at the half. 

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
now the man hit two straight 3s early in the 3rd quarter.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »
I was staying away until I could watch the game... been watching football (both kinds) all day, and still haven't gotten around to cueing up the DVR, but I just saw the score.  Good victory for this young squad.  I tempted to say that they were aided by the upsets of Spain and Argentina... but at the end of the day you have to play the team in front of you and that's what they did.  It bears noting that the US comfortably took care of world beaters Lithuania and Turkey... is not like they squeaked by them.

Moral of the story... credit must be given where due, very good performance by Durant and the Kevinnaires.

1]; } ?>