March 29, 2024, 09:13:03 AM

Author Topic: Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.  (Read 7211 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »
Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

Former Trinidad and Tobago shot-stopper Kelvin Jack still wants to play for Trinidad and Tobago but admits it would be impossible once the current administration remains in power.

He mentioned that the blacklist still exists and the courts battle won against the TTFF is far from over. Kelvin had the following to say:

"Well Flex you tell me. I think one will have to presume the blacklist still exists."

"Lets be honest Mr. Jack Warner and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) have been found to be completely guilty by arbitration in London, and the courts in Trinidad and Tobago as well.”

"We do not think this court battle is over. We know that Jack Warner and the TTFF will do everything in their power to not honour their contract with us".

"Our legal team are working very hard to cover every possible base. We are wary, prepared and confident.”

“Concerning my international career, I have not retired. The TTFF will not select me."

"Will they really select a player who is part of the bonus dispute? I doubt it. All the boys have been asking for is respect and honesty."

I am sure of that. The only man who is or was brave enough to select certain players was Mr. Leo Beenhakker. I am still only 34 and can still add a lot to T&T football."

"Injuries have destroyed my club career but I am injury free at the moment and I still work very hard everyday in training."

"When I eventually retire at some point, I intend to coach Trinidad and Tobago to a World Cup. By that time, hopefully we will have good people running the federation."

"I am fully aware that all the fans will like to know the truth behind everything but I have to be careful with the things I say."

"We live in a world where somebody could be an idiot and everyone could know he/she is an idiot but if you call he/she an idiot in the press they may cry slander. Patience, all will come out."

When asked about what was his thoughts were on T&T football and coach Russell Latapy at the moment, especially coming off such a terrible display to Jamaica in Trinidad, Kelvin said: "Our football needs a total overhaul.”

"It is too amateur and disorganized. For example, Costa Rica, Canada and Jamaica played proper friendly games before the World Cup. Who did we play?"

"I think we played Antigua or some other Caribbean side. We are miles behind and we all know where the blame lies."

“As for Latapy, I do not know Russell's coaching or playing philosophy. I have not seen the team play. But it is a sin for us to lose against Jamaica. It is our derby and you must win the derby."

And finally to cap things off on a softer note, one could not forget the brilliances of Kelvin's last minute save in Bahrain and the ball that went into the net illegally.

Bahrain’s Hussain Ali literally took the ball off Kelvin’s hands as the keeper released it to punt it up field, and flicked the ball over the head of Jack to score into an empty net .

With order restored and the home side reduced to ten men following Hussain Baba’s red card for dissent, Bahrain had one final push and Hussain Ali came agonisingly close to the goal that would send the match into extra-time.

But Ali’s sharp turn and blistering snap shot brought out a world class, one-handed save from Jack, who for the best part of 90 minutes had provided the home fans with one or two moments of comic relief with some bizarre goalkeeping.

But as the much-travelled 29-year old, who had been keeping former Newcastle and West Ham United keeper Shaka Hislop on the bench, displayed some phenomenal reflexes when it mattered most, no Bahraini was laughing...

Kelvin reacted; "It was not a goal. I was unconcerned because many players have tried it. Thiery Henry and the late George Best tried it as well. The goal was disallowed."

"And about the save. That save was the most important I have made but its not my best. I guess that’s why one must work hard on agility and flexibility. Thank God I made the save, ended the Darlington keeper."
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »
fight on soldier
you have my support
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »
Kelvin talk like a big man here, nuff respect Kelvin.

Don't worry yuh not missing any action for T&T, under Latapy yuh mighta look bad, he is a mook.

Concentrate on your club and try and get some first team football.

We all know the blacklist still exists but nothing no one can do about it.

If the court ordered the TTFF to pay, how can they beat that case, isn't there a dealine to make the payments or somebody will end up in jail ?

Good interview Flex.

Anybody have a clip with Kelvin save vs Bahrain ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:34:49 PM »
fight on soldier
you have my support

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
fight on soldier
you have my support

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DOUBLE CO-SIGNNNNNNNN!!!! 

On a related note, the goodly Sports Minister was on Power 102 this morning.  So I sent a message asking if the Ministry will continue to fund the TTFF after they can't properly account for the money received back in 2006.  Mr. Minister stated that the TTFF is an autonomous body and further since the matter is before the courts he Ministry can't get involved....

I resent another message asking specifically about monies the Ministry of Sport gave to the TTFF that can't be accounted for but the message wasn't read.  Ah eh done with Mr. Minister yet, but ah have some homework to do first.....dey too nasty.... >:(  >:(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 01:44:13 PM »
Wolfe ever get pick since 2006?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »

3 goals to his credit

2009-04-01      United States     LP Field     Nashville, TN, United States     L     0-3     0    World Cup Qualifier
2009-03-28    Honduras    Hasely Crawford Stadium    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago    D    1-1    0    World Cup Qualifier
2009-03-18    Panama    Manny Ramjohn Stadium    Marabella, Trinidad and Tobago    W    1-0    0    Friendly
2008-12-07    Jamaica    Greenfield Stadium    Falmouth, Jamaica    D    1-1    0    Digicel Cup
2008-12-05    Barbados    Jarret Park    Montego Bay, Jamaica    W    2-1    0    Digicel Cup
2008-12-03    Grenada    National Stadium    Kingston, Jamaica    L    1-2    0    Digicel Cup
2008-11-05    Antigua and Barbuda    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    3-2    0    Digicel Cup
2008-10-11    Guatemala    Estadío Mateo Flores    Guatemala City, Guatemala    D    0-0    0    World Cup Qualifier
2008-10-08    Dominican Republic+    Hasely Crawford Stadium    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago    W    9-0    1    Friendly
2008-09-10    United States+    Toyota Park    Bridgeview, IL, United States    L    0-3    0    World Cup Qualifier
2008-09-06    Guatemala+    Hasely Crawford Stadium    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago    D    1-1    0    World Cup Qualifier
2008-08-20    Cuba    Estadío Pedro Marrero    La Habana, Cuba    W    3-1    0    World Cup Qualifier
2008-08-14    El Salvador+    RFK Memorial Stadium    Washington, DC, United States    W    3-1    1    Friendly
2008-08-10    Haiti    Stade Sylvio Cator    Port-au-Prince, Haiti    L    0-1    0    Friendly
2008-07-30    Haiti+    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-0    0    Friendly
2008-07-17    Netherlands Antilles+    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-0    1    Friendly
2008-07-08    Guyana    Marvin Lee Stadium    Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago    W    2-0    0    Friendly
2008-01-26    Puerto Rico    Juan Lobriel Stadium    Bayamón, Puerto Rico    D    2-2    0    Friendly
2006-08-09    Japan    National Stadium    Tokyo, Japan    L    0-2    0    Friendly

+ denotes substitute appearance

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:53:47 PM by E-man »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »

Dumbtist play d fella in defence. How could u 4get d game in Chicago
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
Nice interview however what friendlies Kelvin talking about Canada and Jamaica played before the world cup.

Canada and Jamaica didn't even make it past the group stages of the 2010 WCQs. In 2009 we played poor friendlies especially under Latapy when he took over but T&T still went a step further that both Jamaica and Canada.

And if he was refering to before the World Cup in 2006, we did play some quality opposition including Czech Republic, Peru, Wales, Iceland and Slovenia and we lost all except for the game vs Iceland and a tie vs Peru.

Kelvin, you were one of the best keepers I have seen play for T&T (minus one game with Shaka vs Sweden) you were overall a top keeper, but time for you to focus on your club career because I can't see you playing for T&T ever, and thats not according to me.

The blacklist still exist, how ? maybe to certain players.

As after the 2006 world cup, Gray, Avery, John, Jones, Wolfe, Glen, Samuel, Andrews and Birchall were all part of T&T team (in and out).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
Nice interview however what friendlies Kelvin talking about Canada and Jamaica played before the world cup.

Canada and Jamaica didn't even make it past the group stages of the 2010 WCQs. In 2009 we played poor friendlies especially under Latapy when he took over but T&T still went a step further that both Jamaica and Canada.

And if he was refering to before the World Cup in 2006, we did play some quality opposition including Czech Republic, Peru, Wales, Iceland and Slovenia and we lost all except for the game vs Iceland and a tie vs Peru.

Kelvin, you were one of the best keepers I have seen play for T&T (minus one game with Shaka vs Sweden) you were overall a top keeper, but time for you to focus on your club career because I can't see you playing for T&T ever, and thats not according to me.

As after the 2006 world cup, Gray, Avery, John, Jones, Wolfe, Glen, Samuel, Andrews and Birchall were all part of T&T team (in and out).
[/quote

Yes after dey refuse d last offer v CR in bago how much ah dem play since?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »
Big up Kelvin! Big hearted player, super talented keeper, stunningly principled leader, exemplar and unsung hero with nuff courage. What an inspiration. You WILL be rewarded for your sacrifices. You will!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 09:47:01 PM »

You's ah kinda imps or what?  As long as ONE man being blacklisted the blacklist is still in effect.  A token sweat here and there to a handful of WC veterans doesn't suddenly make up for not calling them before or after.  How many games have Jack or Sancho (just off the top of my head) play since Germany?

As for the friendlies... the man wasn't talking about friedlies played by World Cup teams... he was talking about friendlies leading up to the Cup when everybody was looking to schedule games.  Jamaica didn't even make it to the hex but was able to schedule a game against Argentina... Canada the same (I believe).  Which team wanted to play we?  Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees, thing right in front allyuh eye, Jack eh lie.. we in ah mess.

I am sure of that. The only man who is or was brave enough to select certain players was Mr. Leo Beenhakker. I am still only 34 and can still add a lot to T&T football."

This comment to me tells me all I need to know about how Jack feels about Latapy... he's yet another spineless sycophant who only studying his own interest... keeping his job.  He doesn't have the courage or backbone to select any of the blacklisted players, just as he didn't have the courage to stand up to Jack in the bonus dispute.  My respect for him, great player that he was and all, is almost zero right now.

Big up Kelvin! Big hearted player, super talented keeper, stunningly principled leader, exemplar and unsung hero with nuff courage. What an inspiration. You WILL be rewarded for your sacrifices. You will!

Totally agree Dreamer.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
34 too old for a keeper ???

allyuh sure this is a football website ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 05:45:32 AM »

Because Dwight intervened after we lost to Bermuda......not because Jack/TTFF were all accommodating....and as Weary posted, after they refused the last offer made when they came for the CR game how many played since??   Colin Samuel score in that game and eh play since.....doh get tie up with Jack and dem nah....

On a related note, during yesterday's interview the goodly Sports Minister announced that going forward, all sporting bodies must prepare a 5 year strategic/development plan etc. etc and submit it to the Ministry before they get funding.  I asked if that refers to the TTFF too.  He replied yes and went on to wonder aloud why people think the TTFF would be treated any different to other sporting bodies.  I was tempted to reply that the goodly Sports Minister defends the TTFF/Jack at every turn, but the show was ending and ah get mih chance....but like ah say ah eh done with him yet......dey too bad mind and nasty!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 06:35:20 AM »
34 too old for a keeper ???

allyuh sure this is a football website ???

GOLF BM GOLF SITE

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 09:47:37 AM »
I am hoping that when the court order TTFF to pay the bonus money they make them pay it with interest because they deserve it .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »
I am hoping that when the court order TTFF to pay the bonus money they make them pay it with interest because they deserve it .

DAT WILL B NICE. D judgement will say

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2010, 02:37:51 AM »
ah see Newsday have the same story today with no credits to Flex or de site.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,126439.html
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:48:36 AM by Flex »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »

Who write it? Joel Bailey?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 07:25:51 AM »

Who write it? Joel Bailey?

Lol, yuh mean "YoursTruly" we ace reporter?  Notice how he disappear since Trinity Cross out him.

anyways... I eh too mad...yet.  They boleface enough to use de part where Jack call Flex by he name, and even to use Flex li'l story about Bahrain's disallowed goal.  My guess is that Flex probably give them permission, but still... it doesn't say a whole lot for the local "profession" that the editors let that run without cleaning up the writing and providing attributation.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 08:54:58 AM »
Wow...The blacklist still exists? Jack Warner is no joke na

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 10:42:35 AM »
Lol, yuh mean "YoursTruly" we ace reporter?  Notice how he disappear since Trinity Cross out him.

anyways... I eh too mad...yet.  They boleface enough to use de part where Jack call Flex by he name, and even to use Flex li'l story about Bahrain's disallowed goal.  My guess is that Flex probably give them permission, but still... it doesn't say a whole lot for the local "profession" that the editors let that run without cleaning up the writing and providing attributation.

I eh give them any permission to use it without proper credit.

I sent them an e-mail about that.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 11:04:53 AM »

We cyah use he info but he using yours SUE them.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:31 AM »

Flex, yuh serious??!!.... :o :o Nah!!....surely you jest....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »

Flex, yuh serious??!!.... :o :o Nah!!....surely you jest....

LIKE A STROKE/HEART ATTACK I AM SURE

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 01:55:35 PM »
I sent the atricle to all the T&T press to use with PROPER credit off course, that's all I asked and, expect - because we NEVER dis-credit any press here. We respect all because we know its not an easy job.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »
I sent the atricle to all the T&T press to use with PROPER credit off course, that's all I asked and, expect - because we NEVER dis-credit any press here. We respect all because we know its not an easy job.

Y give credit when u can steal stories.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Dey coulda at least credit you or the website as the source... jokers masquerading as journalists.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
ah waitin to see Sam's Yorke interview in print btw   :devil:

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 05:35:25 AM »
So when is pay out day ?

By now the players should have gotten their money.

1]; } ?>