March 29, 2024, 06:31:06 AM

Author Topic: So Ato you going back een ?  (Read 1857 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So Ato you going back een ?
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
Just wondering if former UNC Senator and national hero Ato Boldon will be getting back into politics anytime soon ?
You know if you stay away you cant make a diference right ? You might want to add your deductive reasoning to the debate in the Senate even if as an independent Senator ...I guess you have to be asked right ?

well we know sports and politics are inextricably linked ever since politicians realized the power of sport... is no less than Front page shaking hands when is good news ..

I do feel that the ESPN ting is good but the TNT ting could be better ...in more ways than one..
Just my write .

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So Ato you going back een ?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
Just wondering if former UNC Senator and national hero Ato Boldon will be getting back into politics anytime soon ?
You know if you stay away you cant make a diference right ? You might want to add your deductive reasoning to the debate in the Senate even if as an independent Senator ...I guess you have to be asked right ?

well we know sports and politics are inextricably linked ever since politicians realized the power of sport... is no less than Front page shaking hands when is good news ..

I do feel that the ESPN ting is good but the TNT ting could be better ...in more ways than one..
Just my write .

If he does, I hope he supports another party. lol. Just had to throw that one in. lol

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:10:30 AM »
The whole 'make a difference' thing is very cliche and overrated, trust me.

When I went in of my own accord I was a traitor to the great PNM and "following Jack", or wanting "senator perks", and anti-Manning. (Seems like everyone went anti-Manning, it just took people 4 years more than me)

The plan for the relays, the one thing I can be involved in and have offered to do, was cut down by some clueless talentless, no-resume nobody just to spite me, which spites only the athletes since my life isn't based on a relay plan.  Oh they then went and spent 2 mil on a flag and a bunch of other money we are now learning about - in the name of sport, with that SOB Hunt actually calling my name and others to defend the spending of money on that flag - as though I somehow supported that move.

Now comes the great news that Nicki Minaj is being brought in by the Ministry of Sport "for the youth" next month.

(oops except she isn't, because she has no clue about it - her tweet today:

"I am NOT contracted to be in Trinidad next mnth. The only 2 appearances I'm making is Tampa on the 28th and ATL on 9/4. Don't be scammed!"

I am out, and will not be back.  Consider my eyes opened.

It is the sworn policy of most locals to criticize, condemn and bad talk every single person, place or thing, and as a result, little will change because the environment for ANY change is TOXIC.

So while it sounds nice to hear, lewwe stop the stupidness now.

I am continuing to make the moves I am allowed to make elsewhere on the planet, including working hard on my new track and field show now, but to pretend that somehow there is some call for me which I am not heeding to come try to help is plain false.

POLITICS? Don't hold your breath.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:18:20 AM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »
Ahhh

Ato you now sight up di rake.

Politics? Big scam. Stay far from it and do yuh own thing...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »
The whole 'make a difference' thing is very cliche and overrated, trust me.

When I went in of my own accord I was a traitor to the great PNM and "following Jack", or wanting "senator perks", and anti-Manning. (Seems like everyone went anti-Manning, it just took people 4 years more than me)

The plan for the relays, the one thing I can be involved in and have offered to do, was cut down by some clueless talentless, no-resume nobody just to spite me, which spites only the athletes since my life isn't based on a relay plan.  Oh they then went and spent 2 mil on a flag and a bunch of other money we are now learning about - in the name of sport, with that SOB Hunt actually calling my name and others to defend the spending of money on that flag - as though I somehow supported that move.

Now comes the great news that Nicki Minaj is being brought in by the Ministry of Sport "for the youth" next month.

(oops except she isn't, because she has no clue about it - her tweet today:

"I am NOT contracted to be in Trinidad next mnth. The only 2 appearances I'm making is Tampa on the 28th and ATL on 9/4. Don't be scammed!"

I am out, and will not be back.  Consider my eyes opened.

It is the sworn policy of most locals to criticize, condemn and bad talk every single person, place or thing, and as a result, little will change because the environment for ANY change is TOXIC.

So while it sounds nice to hear, lewwe stop the stupidness now.

I am continuing to make the moves I am allowed to make elsewhere on the planet, including working hard on my new track and field show now, but to pretend that somehow there is some call for me which I am not heeding to come try to help is plain false.

POLITICS? Don't hold your breath.

sooooo,  in political speak that means you're thinking about it?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:44 AM »
wendell mottley, marilyn Gordon, Bazil Ince, etc. probaby said the same thing ...at first ...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
Ato I feel yuh will make a really good PM. Seriously, we can't afford for people like yourself to desert we. Please be a little more patient, please.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 06:32:01 PM »
I'll concede that.

My name ent Bret Farve, and if you look at my history, when I've said I'm doing something (including the much doubted "retire at 30 from track and never come back") I've done it.

PRIME MINISTER? Nah.

And u know is not deserting I just have to find another way to work, can't operate with idiots.

I am working on a track/aviation summer camp as we speak for 2011.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 08:16:02 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

1]; } ?>