April 28, 2024, 12:05:41 PM

Author Topic: LOC plans gala opening ceremony  (Read 534 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LOC plans gala opening ceremony
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:43:58 AM »
LOC plans gala opening ceremony
T&T Guardian

The Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup in T&T is set to kick off in colorful, energetic and distinctly Trinbagonian fashion with a dynamic opening ceremony on September 5 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo. The ten-minute ceremony, with its cast of over 50 world-class artists, dancers, musicians and performers, will start at at 2 pm, ahead of the opening match between hosts T&T and Chile at 4 pm. Award-winning dance group, Shiv Shakit and renowned mas producer Rosalind Gabriel are expected to play major roles in the production.

Chairman of the local organising committee, Oliver Camps says the show will be “distinctly local yet of a world class standard”.

Camps went on to add: “I believe the opening ceremony is going to be a super showpiece of the very best of T&T’s arts, culture, song and dance. Our guests will be treated to an array of performances at the end they should get a clear understanding of what it means to be Trini. ”Deputy CEO of the LOC, Nataki Kerr said: “The opening ceremony features a great line-up of gaits of our entertainment industry and will showcase the talent, creativity, technology, welcoming spirit and hospitality of our beautiful twin-island state. It will undoubtedly be a true celebration of our joy, life and energy.”

The show is being coproduced by the Ministry of Culture. Meanwhile, preparations for the tournament are continuing around the clock.

Fifa officials are expected to continue arriving in this country over the next few days. Kerr stated: “Fifa officials will be lending support to all local departments involved in the World Cup. While it is no secret we do have a number of concerns, I am confident in the end the event will be a success. I am once again calling on T&T to take their place in the stands from September 5th. “This event cannot be a success without the fans. Moreover, I know that our culture is one that is accustomed to the late and same-day purchase of tickets for most sporting events but in the case of this tournament, it is imperative that persons get their tickets now. “There will be no ticket purchases of matches on that particular day so we need to adjust our mindsets and get our tickets in advance.”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>