April 25, 2024, 06:45:06 PM

Author Topic: Keane full of praise for Scotland the brave  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane full of praise for Scotland the brave
« on: August 28, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
Keane full of praise for Scotland the brave
dailymail.co.uk

Manager Roy Keane was delighted with newly signed Trinidad striker Jason Scotland after his dynamic goal scoring full debut added a new dimension to the Ipswich attack.

Former Swansea star Scotland, 31, who completed a £750,000 switch from Wigan earlier in the week, snatched Ipswich's points clinching second goal in the 74th minute after earlier hitting the crossbar to leave Keane raving.

'Jason Scotland could easily have had a hat trick on another day,' said the Irishman. 'He was full of running and it always helps a striker when he scores so soon for his new club. He scored a poacher's goal as well and that's what we have needed.

'We haven't had a goal sniffer like him at the club before, someone like Michael Owen or Ruud van Nistelrooy, and I'm sure there is still a lot more to come from him.'

Hungarian international striker Tamas Priskin fired Ipswich in front on the hour, with the home team capitalising on shocking Bristol City blunders for both goals after earlier hitting the woodwork three times through Scotland, Priskin and midfielder Grant Leadbitter.

Keane (right) admitted: 'It was never comfortable and we couldn't relax, but the strikers took their chances and we made the most of the mistakes made by Bristol City.

It's been a good start to the season for us although we have been kind of getting away with things at times. But overall I am very pleased with the players.'

The result left Ipswich joint top of the Championship table and undefeated in six games so far this season while Bristol City are still seeking their first win after making their worst start to a season for six years.

Bristol City manager Keith Millen said: 'I was happy enough at half time but unfortunately we then gave two schoolboy goals away and after that it was an uphill task. Ipswich didn't have to do a lot to score. But we have given too many goals like that away and individual mistakes are costing us.

'You could see the heads drop after conceding the goals. It was very poor and we need to show more spirit.
'It's very disappointing that we haven't won a game yet and we won't win unless we are stronger. We have plenty of things to put right and the players have to step up.'

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Keane full of praise for Scotland the brave
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
Good stuff Scotty, good stuff.

Once T&T start producing players younger, we will have a generous contingent at top leagues.

For the U23s its already late. . .

Take them to EPL Scotty and Rolls Royce
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:59:52 PM »
ah feel Keane have ah ting for Trinis
Good replacement for Latapy :devil:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:23:45 PM by Boodsy »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 06:30:53 PM »
You make me laugh with that one for truth...

Alyuh thought Wim was brusque? and this fella call Jack Warner a clown in front of cameras and journalists...

And even if they let that slide, he wouldn't last 7 days working with the TTFF.

He woulda REALLY cuff down Tiger...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 07:29:13 PM »
You make me laugh with that one for truth...

Alyuh thought Wim was brusque? and this fella call Jack Warner a clown in front of cameras and journalists...

And even if they let that slide, he wouldn't last 7 days working with the TTFF.

He woulda REALLY cuff down Tiger...

Dat and den some we need
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 09:40:22 PM »
Keane,
Send Latapy your recommendations, commendations and some pointers on how to get the best out of TnT players.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
Scotty was "full of running" he say?   :o

Is Jason "post up like a basketball center when he playing for T&T" Scotland he talking about?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 06:57:04 PM »
You get what you ask for and Keane know how to ask (= demand) for what he want.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason delighted to strike it lucky
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 05:26:56 AM »
By Elvin King (Green'Un24)

Jason Scotland revealed today that he was lucky to score on his home debut when the Blues beat Bristol City 2-0 in the npower Championship at Portman Road on Saturday.

But the 31-year-old marksman, who was purchased for £750,000 from Wigan last week to fire Town into the Premier League, promised much better finishing to come.

Tamas Priskin netted the other goal as Ipswich maintained their unbeaten start to the season and went equal top of the table with ten points from four games.

“If I had struck the shot properly the keeper would probably have saved it,” said Scotland.

“I failed to get a clean connection and the ball evaded David James and went in off the far post.

“I’m not fully match-fit yet and this was my first 90 minutes of action at first-team level for a long while.

“Over the next two weeks of the international break I will be working on my fitness and gain the benefits in our next game at Portsmouth on Saturday week.

“Any striker will tell you that if he scores – however he does it – when not playing that well he is happy. And I’m no different.

“It was a poacher’s goal and I gambled that Tamas Priskin’s shot would run free.

“Those type of goals mean more to me than blasting the ball into the net from 30 yards.

“It‘s nice to get off the mark as the pressure can build the longer it is delayed.

“After four or five games at a new club without a goal you can start to analyse and perhaps fret a bit.”

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »
By Elvin King (Green'Un24)

I'd love to see what his quotes actually were pre-translation.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
“If I had struck the shot properly the keeper would probably have saved it,” said Scotland.
lol  no comment

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland in Team of the Week
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 08:51:25 AM »
Scotland in Team of the Week
twtd.co.uk

Town striker Jason Scotland has been named in the Football League Team of the Week for his goalscoring performance in his first start for the Blues against Bristol City on Saturday.

Former Blue Richard Naylor is also included, along with ex-Town loanee Jay McEveley.

Team of the Week: Kasper Schmeichel (Leeds United), Jean Calve (Sheffield United), Matthew Mills (Reading), Richard Naylor (Leeds United), Jay McEveley (Barnsley), Scott Sinclair (Swansea City), Andrew Crofts (Norwich City), James Bailey (Derby County), Martin Woods (Doncaster Rovers), Jonathan Forte (Sc**thorpe United), Jason Scotland (Ipswich Town).

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
lol  no comment

but thats happens plenty in football
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
lol  no comment

but thats happens plenty in football

go scottie!
give the man some interview lessons though...
A goal is a goal, whether he meant to kick it that way is no one's business but his own...

whey boy!

1]; } ?>