April 25, 2024, 10:10:54 PM

Author Topic: T&T Budget Thread.  (Read 18434 times)

truetrini

T&T Budget Thread.
« on: August 29, 2010, 01:28:59 AM »
Works Ministry gets biggest slice of budget
....says Warner
Anika Gumbs-Sandiford
Published: 29 Aug 2010
Anika Gumbs-Sandiford
Minister of Works and Transport Jack Warner disclosed that his ministry has been given the biggest slice of the budget. But although he said his ministry has been given the “biggest part” of the 2010/2011 budget, Warner claimed to still be unhappy with what he got. Warner made the disclosure during a walkabout in Lopinot yesterday. Speaking to the reporters following the walkabout, Warner said, “I must confess, though the Ministry of Works and Transport got the biggest part of the budget, I am not happy with the amount. There is so much to be done; Look at Lopinot alone, people’s homes are falling into rivers and the roads are in a poor state.

The transportation sector needs help. “It would take for me a herculean task to try and do the things I would want to do with the money that has been given to my ministry. “But I believe with prudent management it can be done, it must be done, we have to prioritise in the nation’s best interest.” Several attempts to contact Finance Minister Winston Dookeran proved futile yesterday. However, last night one of his workers who answered his telephone said the minister was in a meeting regarding allocations for the 2010/2011 budget.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Works Ministry gets biggest slice of budget
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »
 :whistling:

Dis could be a song too!

Pay de devil!
Pay de devil!
Pay de devil!
Pay de devil!

JackJackJackJackJackJackJackJackJackJack! JackJackJackJackJackJackJackJackJackJack!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:51:04 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »
Should the Finance Minister the one to disclose this.. during the budget presentation???, I could be wrong

Go jack Go !!!
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »
money well placed!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
money well placed!

Over National Security... or whomever Police/Public Safety fall under?

Lol... Trinidad yes.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:34:36 AM »
money well placed!

Over National Security... or whomever Police/Public Safety fall under?

Lol... Trinidad yes.

Security? Trinidad and Tobago  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

those "security" people will have better roads to drive on.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »
misleading title::: gets???? How about Works Ministry TAKES!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 04:49:32 AM »
Jack again is talking out of turn.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:33:54 AM »
Jack again is talking out of turn.
That is the issue. We could always argue about budget allocations or that Jack trying to reclaim on his investment. The Prime Minister and the government of Trinidad and Tobago must live by the decisions they make.

Why does Jack have to preempt the Minister of Finance and all other Ministers for that matter to announce big and bold that his allocation is the greatest ? Again he is showing who is really charge. Please madame Prime Minister ,BE the Prime Minister.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
Dis morning i hear on the radio about a lift the Ministry of Works and Transport opened in Diego Martin recently. The MP for the area ( Dr. Amery Browne) was conspicuously absent and questions as to why were asked. Dr Browne apparently issued a press release stating that he was not invited to the proceedings. Persons who asked the Minister of Works and Transport as to why the MP was not invited were given the response "He didnt do anything for the past 3 years..why should he come now?"
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
I think jack's claims are legitimate, the country's infrastructure is ah fine mess!  and despite what we think of jack and his crooked ways in the football arena, in this case i think jack has the country's best interest @ heart. JMIO
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »
my daddy has more hairs on he chest than your daddy?????

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »
I think jack's claims are legitimate, the country's infrastructure is ah fine mess!  and despite what we think of jack and his crooked ways in the football arena, in this case i think jack has the country's best interest @ heart. JMIO

Just Cool, that is not the point.  The point is Jack has been shooting off at the mouth OUT OF TURN on EVERY DAMN THING.  Because of it the government does not appear to have a coherent voice, that things are being done vyke vie and it certainly gives the impression the we have TWO prime ministers, not one!!

For example, up to now we cyar hear from Kamla what are HER views on the death penalty.  In fact , in an interview on Gayelle last Wednesday when asked if he knows what Kamla's position is on the death penalty he shrugged and replied that he did not know!!!.... :o :o

So yeah you get tie up with Jack and he "ah doing good for the country" BS, is only ah setta grand charging and smoke screen he putting up.  Ah wonder what he trying to distract we from this time.... :thinking: :thinking: :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 05:24:10 PM »
Dis morning i hear on the radio about a lift the Ministry of Works and Transport opened in Diego Martin recently. The MP for the area ( Dr. Amery Browne) was conspicuously absent and questions as to why were asked. Dr Browne apparently issued a press release stating that he was not invited to the proceedings. Persons who asked the Minister of Works and Transport as to why the MP was not invited were given the response "He didnt do anything for the past 3 years..why should he come now?"

Boy ah need to pull out Kurt Allen song from just before the elections....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
the government does not appear to have a coherent voice,

I have to disagree with this.  it have one man doing all the talking.  I don't see how it could get any more coherent than that.   

Jack was always going to have free rein: not only is that the way everything he is involved in does work but he had free rein during the campaign.

Kamla is Jack's Medvedev.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
the government does not appear to have a coherent voice,

I have to disagree with this.  it have one man doing all the talking.  I don't see how it could get any more coherent than that.   

Jack was always going to have free rein: not only is that the way everything he is involved in does work but he had free rein during the campaign.

Kamla is Jack's Medvedev.

Jack is her Svengali is more like it...

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
JaCK WARNER, mINISTER OF eVERYTHING!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Budget Thread.
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
CLICK HERE to download (pdf)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Budget 2011
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »
http://guardian.co.tt/news/business/2010/09/08/budget-presentation-2010-2011

Budget Presentation 2010-2011 LIVE UPDATES
Published: 8 Sep 2010
Budget 2010/2011
Finance Minister Winston Dookeran:
"Our Budget comes at a time when we must make clear choices:
The choice to reprioritize spending to better serve the people;
The choice to build a new momentum for our economy’s growth and expansion;
The choice to make our regulatory bodies more accountable to the public;
The choice for business leaders to be bold and confident to take the risk of investment and sacrifice immediate profits, with lower income for their executives;
The choice for workers to participate in the economic process and improve their future well being."
Finance Minister: "Our Budget is driven by the seven pillars of the People’s Partnership Manifesto which has been adopted as Government’s policy. Our Budget is driven by the need to fulfil the
expectations of the people of Trinidad and Tobago. These pillars are designed to do the following:
i. foster people-centred development,
ii. ensure national and personal security,
iii. entrench good governance,
iv. steer the country towards a diversified, knowledge intensive economy,
v. move towards eradicating poverty and promoting greater social justice,
vi. present an accommodating foreign policy and
vii. expand the use and availability of Information and Communications Technology."
2:15 pm Government will divest CL Financial assets to regain funds
Minister Dookeran: "We will
i. Separate the insurance business from the short term investment and mutual funds business to protect the insurance policyholders; and the obligations of 225,000 policyholders.
ii. Restructure and merge the traditional insurance businesses of CLICO and British American, and prepare this merged business for divestment.
iii. Make an initial partial payment of a maximum of $75,000.
iv.Make an initial partial payment of a maximum of $75,000.
v. Conduct a detailed review of CL Financial and its subsidiaries and will introduce measures, including the divestment of assets, to reduce CL Financial’s debt and recover public funds.
vi. Engage a firm with relevant local and global expertise to assist with the restructuring of the CL Financial Group."
2:17 pm HCU: Government will repay $75,000 to depositors.
2:20pm Government will cease Alutrint and Rapid Rail. Will establish a new plan for the South West Peninsula.
Minister Dookeran: "The rapid rail project has cost this nation $565 million to date for a feasibility study and design plans. No viable economic plan has emerged from all this waste."
2;20pm Government plans to introduce bicycle patrols for police officers.
2:21pm Government reviewing Poverty Reduction Programme and introduce Medical Feeding Programme.
2:25 pm Government will buy out shareholders of the Trinidad and Tobago Mortgage Finance Company and list the company on the local Stock Exchange
2:26 pm Steps to be taken to include more women in State Boards
Minister Dookeran: "The participation of women in all aspects of public life will be encouraged. Immediate steps will be taken to ensure that more women will be included on state boards and statutory bodies."
2:26 pm Government will promote sport tourism: training camps on off season
Minister Dookeran: "The Government will also promote sport tourism in Trinidad and Tobago via the introduction of off-season training camps targeting foreign national teams, university teams, professional teams, clubs and high schools to take advantage of our sport facilities."
2:28 pm Government will establish a covenant to the people of T&T with regard to taxes.
2:30 pm Government will expand the energy sector. New fiscal regime introduced. Explore the development of alternative energy.
2:33 pm Government will seek to export intellectual expertise in the energy sector
2:35 pm A new innovative system will be introduced to realign economy
2:36 pm Government will focus on small business development
2:37 pm Government will develop new ship building programme in the new fiscal year
2:37 pm Partner with the Artists Coalition for additional funding to the music industry and the creation of a Hall of Music.
2:39 pm Government will support the fashion industry to create thriving businesses.
2:39 pm Set up a Children's Education Plan to ensure all children can reach tertiary education
2:42 pm Point Fortin hospital will be completed in 2013
2:42 pm Government will re-start the National Oncology Centre
2:43 pm Dookeran: food import bill too high
2:45 pm Agriculture must be made profitable. An ambitious infrastructure programme for the sector. ADB will be restructured.
2:46 pm Tourism: Government will expand the tourism product. Upgrade all tourism sites. 251 room Radisson hotel and a luxury resort in Tobago
2:49 pm Government will introduce Waste Recycling industry. The goal is to give birth to new entrepreneurs and promote a clean, safe environment
2:51 pm Government has begun rationalising State assets.
2:56 pm The UTC will be under the regulatory oversight of the Central Bank
3:00 pm T&T to focus on increasing its power generation capacity.
3:01 pm Expanded terminal at Scarborough airport
3:02 pm Motor Vehicle Authority to be established at Frederick Settlement, Caroni
3:02 pm A port for Felicity as well as a science park
3:05 pm Government will develop the South Western Peninsula
3:06 pm A new highway from San Fernando to Point Fortin
3:05 pm A new industrial estate in Point Fortin
3:07 pm Underground tunnel from Tunapuna to Maracas Valley
3:12 pm Expand industrial sites for non energy goods
3:13 pm Fiscal year: 2010 record a deficit of 3.5 per cent of GDP
3:14 pm Government expects private setor investment to reach $3 billion
3:15 pm Dookeran expects an economic growth rate of 3 to 4 per cent
3:16 pm Budget: $49 billion. Deficit of $7.7 billion
3:19 pm Oil price: US$65 a barrel. Natural gas: $2.75
Minister Dookeran: "The 2011 Budget calculation was based on a real GDP growth of 2 percent, an average inflation rate of 7 percent, an oil price of US$65 per barrel and a gas price of US$2.75 per mmbtu."
3:20 pm Revenue projects: $15.2 billion from the energy sector
3:21 pm. Financing of deficit will be done in the local market.
3:22 pm Removal of custom duties on CNG kits for cars
3:26 pm Reduce interest rates at the ADB to 3-5 per cent
3:29 pm People who litter will pay a fine of $2000
3:32 pm Expansion of Research and Development Facility of the BDC. Entrepreneurs can now access up to $25 million
3:42 pm Amnesty period up to May 31, 2011 for outstanding tax liabilites
3:45 pm Property Tax Act: "We will axe the tax" Dookeran
Minister Dookeran: "Mr. Speaker I turn now to the issue of the Property Tax. We will “Axe the Tax”. The Property Tax will be replaced by the old Lands and Building Taxes regime at the old rates and old values. There will be a waiver of lands and buildings tax for the year 2010."
3:46 pm Property Tax will be replaced by the Land and Building Tax at the same value
3:46 pm Senior Citizens Pension: go to $3000 from September 1, 2010. Cost $972 million.
3:47 pm Dookeran: Budget 2010/11 lays the foundation for a development shift.
Minister Dookeran: "We will lay in Parliament the ‘Proclamation of Homes for Older Persons’legislation in the new fiscal year. Under this legislation, homes for the aged would be required to meet and maintain minimum criteria and standards of care for residents. The Government will also launch the Elderly Mobile Shuttle Service in 2011 which will provide a shuttle service to the elderly..."
"We will continue the Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE) programme. It will be expanded to include vocational training, strengthened and made sustainable to increase the participation rate in higher education to 60 percent. In addition, to avoid and stop the abuse of GATE, we will strictly enforce existing measures..."
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »
wow.  This is the equivalent of russel latapy as coach of T&T. anyway, is my fault, I should have come home and vote. Lord help us till next elections.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 05:25:28 PM »
wow.  This is the equivalent of russel latapy as coach of T&T. anyway, is my fault, I should have come home and vote. Lord help us till next elections.

BOI ENJOY D RIDEEEEEEEE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

What??

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »

What??
Exactly my reaction. A national mass transportation system is a waste but a tunnel to Maracas is sensible.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 05:39:52 PM »

What??
Exactly my reaction. A national mass transportation system is a waste but a tunnel to Maracas is sensible.

I all for increasing north coast access... but why not develope the Blanchisseusse corridor?  Why not cut into the rock face to widen the existing road?  Also, fine... yuh want to tunnel thru the mountain to reach Maracas from Jack house in Tunapuna, okay.  But we shutting down de rapid rail?  Why not just put it on hiatus instead until a solid plan can be had?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »

What??

Maracas Valley or Maracas Bay??......cuz I heard a tunnel to Maracas and the North Coast.  In any event that came out of left field.....ah mean....<scratches head>.....hhhhmmmm.....ah dumbfounded..... :-X
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
Somebody please slap dat tunnel talk out de man mout.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »

What??

I all for increasing north coast access... but why not develope the Blanchisseusse corridor?  Why not cut into the rock face to widen the existing road?  Also, fine... yuh want to tunnel thru the mountain to reach Maracas from Jack house in Tunapuna, okay.  But we shutting down de rapid rail?  Why not just put it on hiatus instead until a solid plan can be had?
Clearly that is a more sensible approach. Ironically they said they wanted to protect the environment.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 06:48:12 PM »
I thought was just me. I read through 42 pages of de report and wondering wha de ass. Oh well.

Its been called a budget for de people....and certain people glad for it. Why..... i eh sure yet.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »
tunnel? hmmm we shall see
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
I still would like to see the rapid rail. Maybe they could look for something less flamboyant than whatt Patos wanted.

1]; } ?>