April 19, 2024, 10:31:10 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).  (Read 58344 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2010, 07:43:03 AM »
RF, was it a local Jamaican team?

Toussaint good 2 hear from u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:53 AM »

local MLS and Scandinavian players with one player from England
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
This Orgill who name calling up so much couldn't shine Stephen Knox boots at u15 or u17 level. That's player development for you.

Well maybe it has to do with Orgill beginning a professional career earlier and continue his development that way while Stephen Knox decided to go to school in the US and continue but in a different direction

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »
This Orgill who name calling up so much couldn't shine Stephen Knox boots at u15 or u17 level. That's player development for you.

Well maybe it has to do with Orgill beginning a professional career earlier and continue his development that way while Stephen Knox decided to go to school in the US and continue but in a different direction
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Leston Paul, Chike Sullivan and Sean De Silva and Daniel Joseph (I could be wrong about him)all opted for college football rather than professional football.

I'm not trying to argue the merits of these guys decisions because they have their lives to live but I feel we aren't doing enough to develop decent international level players. We might as well get accoustomed to producing a team that could actually compete every 16 years (73,89,05 ...)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Leston Paul, Chike Sullivan and Sean De Silva and Daniel Joseph (I could be wrong about him)all opted for college football rather than professional football.

College football much better than going pro, jus remember 3/5 players get injured before they make it, if they make it,

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
But I must say something about watching Jamaica playing at home does make me sleepy and depressed.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2010, 06:17:30 PM »
"Decent" performance TnT..poor result

WE WILL DEAL WITH JAMAICA WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.. AND BIG STAKES
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 11, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »

local MLS and Scandinavian players with one player from England
Actually they didn't have all of their Scandinavia-based players like Luton Shelton, Demar Phillips, and Dwayne Miller.  As far as I know Austin was their only Scandinavia based player.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »
Maybe  LATAS IS INTO SOME THING HERE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT NOT PEAKING TOO EARLY. I heard the radio communtory but Touches said that this is the BESS that Trinidad & Tobago has played in a long time. Apart from the soft penalty we have not been conceding as we have been in the past. It just may be a case that this work in progress is really a blessing in disguise. With the introduction of BIRCHall in midfied we may just win the Digicell Cup which is the first order of business for Latapy.
Maybe I am getting carried away with the result but HOPE is the Eternal flame that burns forever.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 11, 2010, 07:28:04 PM »
Maybe  LATAS IS INTO SOME THING HERE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT NOT PEAKING TOO EARLY. I heard the radio communtory but Touches said that this is the BESS that Trinidad & Tobago has played in a long time. Apart from the soft penalty we have not been conceding as we have been in the past. It just may be a case that this work in progress is really a blessing in disguise. With the introduction of BIRCHall in midfied we may just win the Digicell Cup which is the first order of business for Latapy.
Maybe I am getting carried away with the result but HOPE is the Eternal flame that burns forever.

Jesse Jackson rings a bell
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 11, 2010, 08:37:32 PM »
That could be BC he had ah whole different back line! no williams, no aklie and nooo makkan.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:04 PM »
From the pieces of the 2nd half Sports MAx feed that cameover yest.

Keon Daniel was playing in his usual left wing position.

He got a gift of a chance in the six yrd box and opted to trap and collect a jam instead of hitting one time.

He did glide past a few men and cut inside on occasion and theaded a few passes.

He turn on a few men and hit a shot that was also blocked by the defence.

Didn't see any tackles, but he closed down the space well.

Offensively it worked for him yest.

I think we getting a replay of the game tonight on sportsmax...i go take it een. CNC3 were wicked to overs the football...yes it was choppy at times but yuh coulda see the action.

JA did score what looked to be a legit goal that was ruled out for offside...a long thru ball, oorgil left the defender with pace and dribbled around Williams and slotted home at a tight angle.

TT also got some headed chances from a corner and the new wingback who came on whipped a cross in but tinto didnt reach in time.

Tinto also did nothing but give away the ball when he came on....is either he slow down or his confidence not there cause he not getting past anybody and he not playing sensible either.

Hughton Hector started to play some nice through ball and was spreading the play....he shoulda start.

I doh know what Latas et al see in Hadyn Tinto nah. Maybe it's just me but he ent ready at all.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:54 AM »

The notion of "local team" doesnt really hold when you have a deep talent pool of players playing in various leagues abroad, also, given that this was an FIFA international calendar date, using an all local team wouldnt really make much sense. The squad comprised 5 or 6 local based players (two on international debut), one from Norway, one from the EPL, and the rest MLS players. There are about 5 starters from various leagues in Scandinavia(Denmark, Norway, Sweden) who were not recalled for this game, including second strikng keeper. first string keeper was not recalled from the LA Galaxy. Add to that another 5 or six players in England....you realise that this is still a very experimental squad. In fact, we have been rotating the players for most of the friendlies we've played this year, I dont believe any player in the squad has played more than two successive game for Jamaica over the past year.  The talent pool we have at our disposal right now is perhaps the strongest its been in the past 15 years. There are about 6-8 MLS contenders, another 6 in Scandinavia, and about 8-10 in various leagues in England and Scotland. Locally, I'd say there are about 5 real contenders playing in the domestic league....the best of who will likely move to other international leagues in coming years.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:18:57 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 12, 2010, 12:10:08 PM »

The notion of "local team" doesnt really hold when you have a deep talent pool of players playing in various leagues abroad, also, given that this was an FIFA international calendar date, using an all local team wouldnt really make much sense. The squad comprised 5 or 6 local based players (two on international debut), one from Norway, one from the EPL, and the rest MLS players. There are about 5 starters from various leagues in Scandinavia(Denmark, Norway, Sweden) who were not recalled for this game, including second strikng keeper. first string keeper was not recalled from the LA Galaxy. Add to that another 5 or six players in England....you realise that this is still a very experimental squad. In fact, we have been rotating the players for most of the friendlies we've played this year, I dont believe any player in the squad has played more than two successive game for Jamaica over the past year.  The talent pool we have at our disposal right now is perhaps the strongest its been in the past 15 years. There are about 6-8 MLS contenders, another 6 in Scandinavia, and about 8-10 in various leagues in England and Scotland. Locally, I'd say there are about 5 real contenders playing in the domestic league....the best of who will likely move to other international leagues in coming years.

Plenty talent to choose from.  Thats a great situation for JA.

Offline football is life

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 12, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
a great man once said..."there are no moral victories" we ARE the best team in the Caribbean..easily!! our youth teams qualify for more WC's...our senior team goes deeper in WC qualifyin every 4yrs more consistently..our clubs represent the region annually in the Concacaf CL..individually our players have played for bigger clubs across europe and continue to get bigger ratings...no excuse for losing twice to a team in dat space of time. our players must be made to know d importance of WINNING games like these...rebuilding, local based players, shit coach/ great coach wit no quality players, bad administration....excuses!!! bottom line, no country in d Caribbean should be beating us...we have set d bar for football in dis region n our admins, coaches and players need to keep it dat way
if yuh live by d sword..yuh goin to die by d gun!!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 12, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »
a great man once said..."there are no moral victories" we ARE the best team in the Caribbean..easily!! our youth teams qualify for more WC's...our senior team goes deeper in WC qualifyin every 4yrs more consistently..our clubs represent the region annually in the Concacaf CL..individually our players have played for bigger clubs across europe and continue to get bigger ratings...no excuse for losing twice to a team in dat space of time. our players must be made to know d importance of WINNING games like these...rebuilding, local based players, shit coach/ great coach wit no quality players, bad administration....excuses!!! bottom line, no country in d Caribbean should be beating us...we have set d bar for football in dis region n our admins, coaches and players need to keep it dat way

I think we are talking about head to head between T&T senior mens team...not neccesarily who qualify for more world cups and who sending more teams to champions league. Bottom line is Jamaica own T&T when it comes to Mens national team play...17 wins for Ja when compared to 7 for T&T in 34 games on record.

of all the world cup finals you've played in , it would be interesting to find out how many of them you actually qualified for...as host you "qualify" by default...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 12, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

I think we are talking about head to head between T&T senior mens team...not neccesarily who qualify for more world cups and who sending more teams to champions league. Bottom line is Jamaica own T&T when it comes to Mens national team play...17 wins for Ja when compared to 7 for T&T in 34 games on record.

of all the world cup finals you've played in , it would be interesting to find out how many of them you actually qualified for...as host you "qualify" by default...

4 qualified 2 hosted i believe
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 12, 2010, 03:21:50 PM »

We are no longer the best team in the caribbean; stop living in the past. We are among the best in the caribean.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 12, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »
Add our 8 shell cups to that vs your 4 for good measure! Class is permanent!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 12, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »

We are no longer the best team in the caribbean; stop living in the past. We are among the best in the caribean.

Are you sure about that? Lets have this discussion after the 2010 Digicel Cup!
If we are in the top 3 & safely thru to the Gold Cup then I'll agree with you!

But even if we win the Digicel I still think Jamaicans like RF will not concede that T&T is the better team until we redress the imbalance with the number of wins in our head-to-head games!

I believe once/if Russell finds his feet as head coach we may have to play Ja 11 times next year (that's once a month) and ensure we win all those matches to make RF and them shut up and then maybe they will leave us in peace to get on with the planning and execution of our 2014 World Cup qualification campaign!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:30:23 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>