April 29, 2024, 12:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).  (Read 58663 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 03:38:48 AM »
Jamaica 4-0 TnT.... Ricketts gets a clean sheet. ... Anil Roberts drops the axe  ::)

Actually, Ricketts not invited for this game, nor is our second string keeper. We are giving exposure to two young keepers in this game.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 08:48:39 AM »
allyuh fellas go ahead and cuss mi if allyuh want but I really have no hope  on them fellas we have representing TNT. I say we good for about 4 in Kingston. No joke thing this,  Mi serious . JA running sum good ball right now and I see no Team stopping  JA in this digicel cup tournament. Whitmore doing a great Job with Jamaica and they have a deep rooster so I see how we  pick up squad could beat them.. But dais my two cents on this subject . go TNT you have my full support but I support football not a bunch of man running around with no freeking plan.

war...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
So based on Jamaica not being in the HEX. Any Trini can answer this question.
Does not being in the HEX means that T&T have been to a second World Cup before Jamaica?
I need to know because I rather Jamaica not be in the HEX like T&T whom always seem to finish DEAD LAST in the HEX by being every other teams whipping boy.

SOUR GRAPES

Allyuh does come worst than last in de Hex.... Study dat!
SOUR GRAPES! Are you serious. Qualifying for the HEX does not make your team one of the 32 ELITE.
Did you hopes lift after the 6th match of the HEX when Costa Rica beat your team 3-2 in the Dwight Yorke Stadium. What was T&T's chances being at the bottom of the HEX chances of being one of the ELITE 32  at the 2010 World Cup.
Now that is sour grapes.  ;D

Boss yuh right... I rather not be in the World Cup than go there and finish dead last... yeah... just like you rather not make de hex

Do this. Poll fans at the World Cup and see how much T&T being in the CONCACAF  HEX has more significance than the 32 ELITE at the World Cup.  So keep grasping at that little blade of hope that seems to hold some major significance in your life.

we could hold on to whatever we want. After all yuh still holding on to the hope that Jamaica will make another World Cup by 2099...
Do you know why Jamaicans don't live on the HEX like Trinis do. Because Trinis would start biting their nails and crapping their pants knowing that would be 6 points lost if Jamaica was in the HEX. With Mexico, the USA, Costa Rica and Honduras in Port of Spain, T&T think they can at least play and get a point from these teams. But that won't ever happen with Jamaica, because the Reggae Boyz are coming for those 3 points in T&T's backyard.
So it's not the matter of Jamaica not being in the HEX that's making you happy. It's the fear of Jamaica actually being in the HEX that worries you.  
jjbrown

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 09:33:03 AM »
Jamaica don't even know what the HEX look like. The last time they made it was 12 years ago, I was 14 years old.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 09:47:22 AM »
Jamaica don't even know what the HEX look like. The last time they made it was 12 years ago, I was 14 years old.

Considering the hex is played every 4 years...

anyway, Jamaica got a tough draw last rounds. you couldnt ask for more, we won all our home games and got a point on the road..normally that would have been enough to get you to the hex..but thats what hapens when u are placed in a "group of death"

next time we get to the hex we not going to waste the opportunity

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 10:01:10 AM »

anyway, Jamaica got a tough draw last rounds. you couldnt ask for more, we won all our home games and got a point on the road..normally that would have been enough to get you to the hex..but thats what hapens when u are placed in a "group of death"

stop make Hexcuse ya 'ear
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »
See my point.
The Reggae Boyz came to Port of Spain and beat T&T 2-1. And the same song will continue to play whenever Jamaica is in the HEX with T&T. Unfortunately, T&T is not using the opportunity to try and qualify for a second World Cup before Jamaica.
So who will T&T blame when Jamaica qualifies ahead of them (and it is going to happen.) for a second World Cup.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »

You would think that Trinis would talk more about the fact that they went to the World Cup in 2006 rather than Jamaica not being in the last 2 HEX.
Why is that.
Could it be that Jamaica's performance at the 1998 World Cup outshone T&T's in 2006? ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:23:05 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »

You would think that Trinis would talk more about the fact that they went to the World Cup in 2006 rather than Jamaica not being in the last 2 HEX.
Why is that.
Could it be that Jamaica's performance at the 1998 World Cup outshone T&T's in 2006? ;D
Talk about something that happened this decade please!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 11:07:16 AM »

Why is that.
Okay! How about this:

STATS: JAMAICA - TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Played on Wednesday, February 28, 2001
Venue   National Stadium, Kingston   Attendance: 34000
JAMAICA
Marshall Tyrone (16)   1   -   0   TRINIDAD [/color

Played on Saturday, June 30, 2001
Venue   Queens Park Oval   Attendance: 4000
JAMAICA
Lowe Onandi (30)
Burton Deon (68)   2   -   1   TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
John Stern (26)

Played on Sunday, February 20, 2005
Venue   Nat. Stadium, Barbados   Attendance: 5000
JAMAICA
Shelton (13)
Williams (35)   2   -   1   TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Pierre (37)

Played on Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Venue   National Stadium, Kingston, Jamaica   Attendance: 22000
JAMAICA
King (34)
Marshall (40)   2   -   2   TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Telesford (74)
Whitley (90)

Played on Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Venue   Marvin Lee Stad., Trinidad & Tobago   Attendance: 4500
JAMAICA
D Richards (7th)
R Austin (30th Pen)
K Bryan (52nd)   3   -   1   TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
Jorsling (28th)

Now what is the significance of the past decade to the present? ;D
jjbrown

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 11:31:08 AM »

Why is that.
Okay! How about this:

JAMAICA

JAMAICA
Lowe Onandi (30)
John Stern (26)

JAMAICA
Shelton (13)
Pierre (37)

JAMAICA
King (34)
Telesford (74)
Whitley (90)

JAMAICA
D Richards (7th)
R Austin (30th Pen)
Jorsling (28th)

Yes your record over us has been better over the last decade but I believe we were more focused on what mattered.... Jamaica played exactly half the number of world cup games (qualifiers and finals) compared to T&T over the last decade... Jam played 26 - T&T played 52!!!!

Also when yuh telling a story give we the whole truth. You forgot a couple games!!!

Trinidad and Tobago 2:1 (0:1) Jamaica 
17/05/2001 Port Of Spain  Continental Qualifier

Trinidad and Tobago 1:1 (1:0) Jamaica 
07/06/2008 Macoya  Friendly

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
CTV will broadcast the match live from 7 PM.

Forgive me but CTV is CNMG?

correct?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »

Why is that.
Okay! How about this:

JAMAICA

JAMAICA
Lowe Onandi (30)
John Stern (26)

JAMAICA
Shelton (13)
Pierre (37)

JAMAICA
King (34)
Telesford (74)
Whitley (90)

JAMAICA
D Richards (7th)
R Austin (30th Pen)
Jorsling (28th)

Yes your record over us has been better over the last decade but I believe we were more focused on what mattered.... Jamaica played exactly half the number of world cup games (qualifiers and finals) compared to T&T over the last decade... Jam played 26 - T&T played 52!!!!

Also when yuh telling a story give we the whole truth. You forgot a couple games!!!

Trinidad and Tobago 2:1 (0:1) Jamaica 
17/05/2001 Port Of Spain  Continental Qualifier

Trinidad and Tobago 1:1 (1:0) Jamaica 
07/06/2008 Macoya  Friendly

You wanted a change of topic. You have it. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 01:25:29 PM »
JA running sum good ball right now and I see no Team stopping  JA in this digicel cup tournament.

war...
No tnt team that u know of, if i was head coach JA fans would be walkin out of the office before half time heading home.

In the past all JA could do is defend for 90 minutes of pure pressure and try to do something on the break, don't come on here bc. u win ah friendly and think u is boss. ROCK SO

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 02:00:29 PM »
JA running sum good ball right now and I see no Team stopping  JA in this digicel cup tournament.

war...
No tnt team that u know of, if i was head coach JA fans would be walkin out of the office before half time heading home.

In the past all JA could do is defend for 90 minutes of pure pressure and try to do something on the break, don't come on here bc. u win ah friendly and think u is boss. ROCK SO

Man you've been living too much in the past. Its been 20 years since Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in Kingston to lift the Shell Caribbean Cup, and signal the end of T&T dominance in caribbean football. Its been all Jamaica since that. Yes, Jamaica has missed the past 3 Hexagonals, but overall, Jamaica has been a more consistent force in CONCACAF than T&T in the past 20 years, and i believe Jamaica gets more respect from CONCACAF opponents.  Fact that I cant recall a single victory for T&T over Jamaica senior men's squad in 20 years says alot.

But anyway, football is played on the field not on paper, and for sundays game, we start with a new slate.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 02:09:08 PM »

war...

Man you've been living too much in the past. Its been 20 years since Jamaica beat T&T 2-1 in Kingston to lift the Shell Caribbean Cup, and signal the end of T&T dominance in caribbean football. Its been all Jamaica since that. Yes, Jamaica has missed the past 3 Hexagonals, but overall, Jamaica has been a more consistent force in CONCACAF than T&T in the past 20 years, and i believe Jamaica gets more respect from CONCACAF opponents.  Fact that I cant recall a single victory for T&T over Jamaica senior men's squad in 20 years says alot.

But anyway, football is played on the field not on paper, and for sundays game, we start with a new slate.

Ah like how yuh add in that last line yuh snake.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:49 PM »

war...

Unfortunately, the slate will be erased every time Jamaica scores for updates. ;D
jjbrown

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2010, 03:06:08 PM »

war...

Unfortunately, the slate will be erased every time Jamaica scores for updates. ;D

Ah ' listening' to yuh .. must be nice to come on here with yuh stats and beat yuh chest... but fack Jam football, we go buss allyuh throat come game time ...red white and black forever!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:07:39 PM by College »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2010, 06:49:07 PM »
On the real, i believe that jamaica will not win this game in the office. the last few games we loss was due to defensive errors and latas went and up grade his defense, cupid back in the fold, and there's no aklie , hislop and keston williams.

with the addition of some foreign based we would have some experience in the team and additional grit in the center of defense. cornell have the speed and know how to put their defense on the back foot and slow down their attacks, i think we will do better this time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »
CTV will broadcast the match live from 7 PM.

Forgive me but CTV is CNMG?

correct?
i think so. ill be surprise, cuz the like delay, not live games

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
Jamaica 4-0 TnT.... Ricketts gets a clean sheet. ... Anil Roberts drops the axe  ::)

Actually, Ricketts not invited for this game, nor is our second string keeper. We are giving exposure to two young keepers in this game.

ok ill cut it to a 2-0 final score

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »
Burrell: Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to give football lesson on Sunday.
By: Burrell Robert Bailey (Gleaner Writer).

Captain Horace Burrell, president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), has issued a strong warning to Caribbean rivals Trinidad and Tobago, that the Reggae Boyz will crush them in their return friendly international match on Sunday at the National Stadium, starting at 6 p.m.

"Already, we have heard pronouncements by Anil Roberts, minister of sports in Trinidad and Tobago, that if his boys fail to perform creditably against Jamaica heads will roll," said Burrell, during a press conference at Cuddy'z Sports Bar in New Kingston yesterday.

"But that is their business, because I have already told Roberts that he should start rolling heads from today because come Sunday it is a done deal," said Burrell.

"I say to you, Minister, you don't have to wait until Sunday to take the appropriate action, you can take the action today because the Soca Warriors will be given a football lesson come Sunday, when they tackle the Reggae Boyz at the 'Office'," Burrell said.

The Reggae Boyz, who are ranked 76th in the world, defeated the Trinidadians 3-1 in their previous match, which was held in Port-of-Spain in August. However, despite this, the JFF boss added that he is expecting a much tougher match from the Soca Warriors this time.

Extremely important

"This game is extremely important for both countries, and whenever both teams meet for a football match there is always so much at stake for these two Caribbean nations," Burrell said. The Trinidadians are ranked 97th in the world.

"We take these games against a team like Trinidad very serious and the Trinidadians do the same," he said.

Burrell also urged the public to come and support the Reggae Boyz because they are going to make the country very proud on Sunday.

"Of course, Jamaica is at the forefront of the Caribbean, but we must show that not only on the field of play, but in the attendance," said the Captain. "I am challenging our supporters to turn out in their numbers and to wear yellow or gold come Sunday," Burrell noted.

Overseas-based players Ricardo Fuller, Dane Richards, Ryan Johnson and Shavar Thomas have joined the Theodore Whitmore-coached squad now preparing for Sunday's game.
Coach, Boyz pumped for derby clash.
By: Sean A Williams (Assistant Sport Editor).

For the unaware, Sunday's match-up between the Reggae Boyz and the Soca Warriors will be nothing more than another football match.

But don't tell that to the rival coaches and players.

For them, it's serious business. At stake: bragging rights and the distinction to be dubbed the "Caribbean's number one".

In arguably the Caribbean's most intense football rivalry, one thing is certain: The National Stadium will be the scene for exciting football action, and hopefully the fans will throng to Independence Park for the 6:00 pm kick-off.

"The Trinidad and Jamaica rivalry is no different from a local league derby; it's not all about football, there is bragging rights at stake and as you know that our president (Captain Burrell) and the CONCACAF president (Trinidadian Jack Warner) they have their rivalry at that level too," said Boyz head coach, Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore, who spoke at a press conference at Cuddy'z Sports Bar in New Kingston yesterday.

While the players will be engaged in what is expected to be an interesting clash of styles on the pitch, the touchline combat between coaches Whitmore and Trinidad's Russell Latapy should be equally interesting. Their rivalry began back in the day as opposing players.

Unlike Whitmore, Latapy is fighting for his job after a series of poor results in the recent past, among them a 1-3 spanking by Jamaica in August in Port of Spain. Their poor form has seen T&T slip to 97th in the FIFA ranking, while Jamaica have soared to the region's number one spot with 76th.

"Pride of two Caribbean countries are at stake here and we take these games very seriously. Already the minister of sports of Trinidad Mr Anil Roberts have made pronouncements that if team does not perform well against the Boyz, heads are going to roll. Then heads are going to roll because we are going to whip those Trinidadians," said JFF Captain Horace Burrell in reference to the embattled Latapy.

Burrell's tone on the surface would appear to be innocent bantering as he addressed yesterday's function, but it's no joke when Jamaica and Trinidad meet on the field.

Whitmore, Jamaica's two-goal hero in a 2-1 win over Japan at the World Cup Finals in France in 1998, says the younger players need to understand the ramification of the contest.

"For those (players) who don't understand the rivalry, we have to get them to start thinking about the game because it's going to be a ding-dong battle come Sunday," he said.

In the meantime, two of the players called for the second of the two-way friendly series — San Jose Earthquakes midfielder Khari Stephenson and Toronto forward O'brian White — could not take up the offer.

"White is on the verge of signing a new contract with his club, and had he come to Jamaica for the match, could have affected his chances of getting a new contract, so we excused him," Burrell explained.

"Stephenson... had an issue with his work permit, so he too we excused...," the JFF boss added.

Though he would have loved to have the pair in the team, Whitmore does not believe his plans have been seriously derailed.

"I'm always satisfied with the players I've been able to get... two of the players we called... are unavailable, but we have to just concentrate on the players who are here and move forward... we always call a squad where we have adequate replacements, so that shouldn't be a problem," he said.

Six foreign-based players have joined camp for Sunday's game. They are Stoke City's Ricardo Fuller, Kansas City Wizards' Shavar Thomas, San Jose Earthquakes Ryan Johnson, New York Red Bull's Dane Richards Shaun Francis of the Columbus Crew and SK Brann's Rodolph Austin.

Whitmore is, however, gravely concerned with a flaw in the Boyz's game.

"One of the areas that we will be concentrating on in the next couple of days is ball possession. I think at the international level we tend to give away the ball a lot and that's something we want to improve on," he noted.

Meanwhile, captain Shavar Thomas promised fans "a spirited performance from the team and Ricardo (Fuller) has promised that he will put some balls into the net".

Norway-based Austin, who got a red card in the first game of the tie, said he's raring to go and is determined to put his indifferent first-leg performance behind him.

"I always go out there and fight for my country no matter what. Sunday I will go out and do the same and try to help the team to win," he said.

In a practice game against Digicel Premier League outfit Portmore United yesterday, the Boyz were comfortable 3-0 winners.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:26:20 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »
Warning to the Soca Warriors.

Don't allow Rudi Austin within 40 yards of your goal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph03LWTdM-0
jjbrown

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2010, 06:33:41 AM »
Phillips - Williams 90th
Jones
James
Marshall - Daneil 85th
Cupid
Wolfe - Tinto 85th
Leon - Theobald 90th
Daniel - Noel 75th
Hector - Peltier 65th
Glen
Jorsling - Gay 65th

McCallum
Reid
Thomas
Taylor
Stephenson
Francis
Vernan
Austin
Daley
Richards
Fuller

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:19:22 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2010, 06:41:43 AM »
No Ricketts? Who de hell is Blake? We go string up dat jamaican keeper! Red White and Black forever!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2010, 07:09:42 AM »
Dane Richards and Ricardo Fuller will be a handful, Richards have great pace and Fuller is skillful and he is also very tall or atleast taller than our defenders, they both will make a good combination for Jamaica.

Johnson, Austin and Vernan are also 3 very good players, especially Vernan and Austin. Johnson is a striker but he is not prolific.

I would be very surprise if T&T could even get a tie in Jamaica, especially with some of the players Latapy called like Theobald (a goat), Noel (worn down), Daniel (lazy), Leon (one speed) and Tinto (inconsistent).

We don't have a lion on we team this time, the last time we had Aurtis Whitley, who goal had shut up Jamaica.

Shaun Francis might make his debut for Jamaica to, he plays for Columbus Crew, a decent defender.

If Latapy starts Leon and Noel we will be in big trouble. Either one should be on the field at a time, not together.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »
If I know Latapy, this will be the line-up.... not that I agree, but I have a feeling...  8)

Wolfe was used as a defender vs St Lucia and Guyana and from sources, he played very well....

Phillips
Jones
James
Marshall
Wolfe
Daniel
Leon
Noel
Peltier
Glen
Jorsling

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »
No Ricketts? Who de hell is Blake? We go string up dat jamaican keeper! Red White and Black forever!
Don't worry about Blake. Tell your defenders to watch out for the Reggae Boyz midfielders and strikers. ;D
jjbrown

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2010, 07:25:48 AM »
Steups.

Despite what......is still my national team....and is still dem blasted arrogant Jamaicans we playing.

I hope we purge dem. I go take a 1-0.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2010, 08:11:16 AM »
F#CK BURRELL... AND F#CK DEM

LETS GO TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>