April 19, 2024, 04:01:13 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).  (Read 58325 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (10-10-10).
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
F#CK BURRELL... AND F#CK DEM

LETS GO TNT
ditto

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2010, 11:14:59 AM »
The players playing for Latapy in this match knowing his job on the line. lOOK FOR A WIN.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 11:21:35 AM »
what time is the game and who the heck is fuller?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 08, 2010, 11:47:13 AM »
what time is the game and who the heck is fuller?
i think he's better known as fooler in england

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Burrell: Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to give football lesson on Sunday
« Reply #94 on: October 08, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »
Burrell: Jamaica's Reggae Boyz to give football lesson on Sunday
Rrobert Bailey, Gleaner Writer

Captain Horace Burrell, president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), has issued a strong warning to Caribbean rivals Trinidad and Tobago, that the Reggae Boyz will crush them in their return friendly international match on Sunday at the National Stadium, starting at 6 p.m.

"Already, we have heard pronouncements by Anil Roberts, minister of sports in Trinidad and Tobago, that if his boys fail to perform creditably against Jamaica heads will roll," said Burrell, during a press conference at Cuddy'z Sports Bar in New Kingston yesterday.

"But that is their business, because I have already told Roberts that he should start rolling heads from today because come Sunday it is a done deal," said Burrell.

"I say to you, Minister, you don't have to wait until Sunday to take the appropriate action, you can take the action today because the Soca Warriors will be given a football lesson come Sunday, when they tackle the Reggae Boyz at the 'Office'," Burrell said.

The Reggae Boyz, who are ranked 76th in the world, defeated the Trinidadians 3-1 in their previous match, which was held in Port-of-Spain in August. However, despite this, the JFF boss added that he is expecting a much tougher match from the Soca Warriors this time.

Extremely important

"This game is extremely important for both countries, and whenever both teams meet for a football match there is always so much at stake for these two Caribbean nations," Burrell said. The Trinidadians are ranked 97th in the world.

"We take these games against a team like Trinidad very serious and the Trinidadians do the same," he said.

Burrell also urged the public to come and support the Reggae Boyz because they are going to make the country very proud on Sunday.

"Of course, Jamaica is at the forefront of the Caribbean, but we must show that not only on the field of play, but in the attendance," said the Captain. "I am challenging our supporters to turn out in their numbers and to wear yellow or gold come Sunday," Burrell noted.

Overseas-based players Ricardo Fuller, Dane Richards, Ryan Johnson and Shavar Thomas have joined the Theodore Whitmore-coached squad now preparing for Sunday's game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:39 PM »
Burrell soundin like a Trini wit dem lyrics he flingin.

Maybe he limin wit Jack too long.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2010, 06:05:52 AM »
Burrell..is ah C#NT

and all dem too....

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2010, 06:35:44 AM »
some stars that won't be available :devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG63W1nxzRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoWXNz9pzgY&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2otnrAjFD4

http://fotball.aftenposten.no/eliteserien/article181609.ece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PowbO_NbwEU&feature=related

and a lot more.hope Tappa give Margan a run-out.

Geeez JahKingdom,
           Good thing you did not show the Trinis goals from the Reggae Boyz playing on Sunday. You know how much heart attack you could have caused. ;D                         
jjbrown

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2010, 09:54:54 AM »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2010, 09:57:24 AM »

Never knew de water boy does geh de official kit too
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2010, 09:58:11 AM »
Mexican ref for tomorrow's friendly
Jamaica Observer

MEXICAN referee Armando Archundia will be the man in the middle when Jamaica host Caribbean neighbours Trinidad and Tobago in their International friendly football match at the National Stadium at 6:00 pm tomorrow.

Archundia has been a professional referee since 1985 and has had his FIFA referee permission since 1993. His first fixture as an international referee was the 1994 match between USA and Greece. Archundia is the all-time leader in appearances at the FIFA World Cup, being one of only two referees who have been appointed for eight matches, the other being Joël Quiniou (France). He also shares the record for the most matches officiated in a single World Cup (five in 2006). The only others who have achieved this feat are Horacio Elizondo (Argentina) in 2006, and Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan) in 2010. Archundia officiated three games at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, his final game was the third-place play-off between Germany and Uruguay.

In addition, he has supervised the final of the FIFA Club World Cup twice, 2005 and 2009. He originally planned to retire at the end of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, but decided to continue for at least another year.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2010, 10:47:44 AM »
who cares, latas riding out after the digicel and becoming asst coach to an intl.

allyuh making it seem like this rivalry means anything. to me im over this rivalry bc tt has more important things to focus on.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »
who cares, latas riding out after the digicel and becoming asst coach to an intl.

allyuh making it seem like this rivalry means anything. to me im over this rivalry bc tt has more important things to focus on.
That is exactly how I'm looking at this clash,if we win its a plus but the bigger picture is ironing out all the problems and having a team that could compete on an equal level with the big guns in CONCACAF and ultimately qualify for Brazil.Jamaicans are always looking for oneupmanship when they are confronted by Trinis in any walk of life so its no surprise to listen to their bragging upfront.Wouldn't it be nice if we stick one on them and walk away with a win,that would quiet dem dong for ah couple minutes.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2010, 02:28:05 PM »

Never knew de water boy does geh de official kit too
is the water cooler in the bag

but the all black kit look good and should stay as tradition.  look as close as wearing a business suit
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:30:50 PM by Babalawo »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wXdtJIrrITo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wXdtJIrrITo</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »
oh gooooorrrddddd HEAR GUN TALK FROM OLIVIA GRANGE  :rotfl:  :whip: :flamethrower: min 4:09
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini-Warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
Let Mrs. Grange haul she stinkin front together with the rest ah dem hungry, ungrateful jamaicans. I doh know why we does bother to fling dollars pon dem or even bail out their dutty airline. Dem no like we and i doh like dem. They love to see we down but mark my words, the only way Jamaica reaching Brazil is if we take one ah they plane to carry our warriors to Brazil 2014. They love do glorify themselves in small battles but when the real war start they cyah even reach the hex. Set ah ass. Why the hell they minding we business. Anil never address she. Fast and out of place.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
I wishing the Warriors a very good game. Please pull off a good result.

My prediction is 2-1 for RB. Or 1-1. Dont think SW will  score 2. But RB can easily out 3 on SW in the office. At least we can say some of our first team was absent.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
Let Mrs. Grange haul she stinkin front together with the rest ah dem hungry, ungrateful jamaicans. I doh know why we does bother to fling dollars pon dem or even bail out their dutty airline. Dem no like we and i doh like dem. They love to see we down but mark my words, the only way Jamaica reaching Brazil is if we take one ah they plane to carry our warriors to Brazil 2014. They love do glorify themselves in small battles but when the real war start they cyah even reach the hex. Set ah ass. Why the hell they minding we business. Anil never address she. Fast and out of place.

shut yu stinking rass, you is nobody,with you dum shuppid argument bout "fling dollars pan" :rotfl:. what air lines have to do ith football?, Jamaica has two domestic airlines that will go international soon. you just cant tak,e your wipping without going off track. Jamaica hungry, and Trinidad belly full with a 16% poverty rate uneven wealth under Indian control. any way Jamaica have too much stuff to be proud about to even care about you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjZcYOdOVqo

fool just remember who's yu daddy when you hear this.
now stand and salute your father:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYhkfkrT6Q&feature=related

:rotfl: 
Hard work is the key to success

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »
Eh byoi!! yuh need tuh grow the fack up!! weh yuh cussin the woman like dat for yuh lil knocklehead idoit! dah woman is somebody mudda, after all she eh say nutten outatimin for yuh tuh carry on so disgusting on the world wide web. allyuh does really make trinidad ppl look bad oui! yuh sound worhtless and stupid just like one of them commentors on the express online. wid yuh damn duncy a$$.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »

the atmospher always electric becasue most ah allyuh have very shocking faces

I agree, very shocking faces indeed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8C_EQMrcQo

Can we get back to football now dude?

wow!! beautiful!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2010, 10:06:48 PM »
tallman say it showing on ctv live, excuse my ignorance but what is ctv live? never heard of it

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »

shut yu stinking rass, you is nobody,with you dum shuppid argument bout "fling dollars pan" :rotfl:. what air lines have to do ith football?, Jamaica has two domestic airlines that will go international soon. you just cant tak,e your wipping without going off track. Jamaica hungry, and Trinidad belly full with a 16% poverty rate uneven wealth under Indian control. any way Jamaica have too much stuff to be proud about to even care about you:

We are not under 'indian control' whatever that means. You might wish to curb your tongue next time instead of running in wild with that kind of comment.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »

We are not under 'indian control' whatever that means. You might wish to curb your tongue next time instead of running in wild with that kind of comment.

Yeh that's true , but triniwarrior was talkin far more outatimin, how come yuh eh address him as well? yuh cyar expect tuh cuss out ah man and expect him to be gracious, TW talk he talk and the fella talk he talk that's all.

this is what will make me stop come on this site. fellas here have too much bias wid dem, and half ah allyuh not fair @ all! when man talk bad about jamaican, doh feel it doesn't hurt some of us who have jamaican family members,it does hurt, trust meh. just ask ato and other members.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »
dem reggae brits wont forget this
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2010, 01:04:37 AM »

this is what will make me stop come on this site. fellas here have too much bias wid dem, and half ah allyuh not fair @ all! when man talk bad about jamaican, doh feel it doesn't hurt some of us who have jamaican family members,it does hurt, trust meh. just ask ato and other members.

Just Cool this is what you wrote a few weeks ago.....

Jamaican tom, why yuh doh hush yuh mudaa c@nt!! yuh like tuh come here and only disrespect we players and always quick tuh big up one dimentional ricardo fuller!!

don't you know it's big disrespect tuh come in ah man's house after being invited and enjoying the man's hospitality, sit there and critique the man's whole house and family! yuh think that's nice muddafacker??!!

i for one tired of allyuh non trinis coming here and unmannerly off loading allyuh baggage! take yuh fackin baggage somewhere else! if yuh want tuh bad talk we country and we players, fine! do it on any other site, just not here!! cause i wont stand for it! it's gettin to be ah bit too much now.

what i know fuh sure is that yuhs just another sick yardman who never have shyte good tuh say about anyother caribbean country, and like tuh run competition biggin up yuh athletes over others in the region. allyuh eh no different from the yankee dem, full ah hate and contempt and disrespect for your neighbors!
tribalist a$$hole!

So how you could write all that...and get vex when I simply tell a fella to please leave race out the discussion. Only you could get frustated with Jamaicans coming here to disrespect this forum? I like to exchange old talk with RF and JA2099, but iz not a personal thing.
Like you I have family in JA, and I respect Jamaicans like any other Caribbean people, but on a Soca Warriors VS Reggaeboyz thread, where they deliberately coming looking for fight, is pure licks coming and going for them. And worse cyber brawls does go down BETWEEN Trini forum members than with Jamaicans.

You will never see a Trinbagonian go on Reggaeboyz.com and act disrespectfully. Even yuh arch nemesis Trinity Cross so well behaved over there they make him a moderator.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2010, 03:41:05 AM »

Just Cool this is what you wrote a few weeks ago.....

Jamaican tom, why yuh doh hush yuh mudaa c@nt!! yuh like tuh come here and only disrespect we players and always quick tuh big up one dimentional ricardo fuller!!

don't you know it's big disrespect tuh come in ah man's house after being invited and enjoying the man's hospitality, sit there and critique the man's whole house and family! yuh think that's nice muddafacker??!!

i for one tired of allyuh non trinis coming here and unmannerly off loading allyuh baggage! take yuh fackin baggage somewhere else! if yuh want tuh bad talk we country and we players, fine! do it on any other site, just not here!! cause i wont stand for it! it's gettin to be ah bit too much now.

what i know fuh sure is that yuhs just another sick yardman who never have shyte good tuh say about anyother caribbean country, and like tuh run competition biggin up yuh athletes over others in the region. allyuh eh no different from the yankee dem, full ah hate and contempt and disrespect for your neighbors!
tribalist a$$hole!

So how you could write all that...and get vex when I simply tell a fella to please leave race out the discussion. Only you could get frustated with Jamaicans coming here to disrespect this forum? I like to exchange old talk with RF and JA2099, but iz not a personal thing.
Like you I have family in JA, and I respect Jamaicans like any other Caribbean people, but on a Soca Warriors VS Reggaeboyz thread, where they deliberately coming looking for fight, is pure licks coming and going for them. And worse cyber brawls does go down BETWEEN Trini forum members than with Jamaicans.

You will never see a Trinbagonian go on Reggaeboyz.com and act disrespectfully. Even yuh arch nemesis Trinity Cross so well behaved over there they make him a moderator.
Yeh i said that! and i wont change ah mudda fackin ting neither!!!!!!!!!! but before yuh come wid yuh weak ass argument, check out what i said and see if i was even in the least harsh or disrespectful to a nation of ppl/ jamaicans. i specifically called out an individual( jamaican tom) who's ah mad nutty fella. never in this post did i attack jamaicans , but my anger was directed towards a particular personality, not ah whole nation. 

i've seen for yrs, sam, bigmag, sando prince and many more say things that was ugly and distasteful especially towards jamaica and jamaicans which was oh so unclassy and wrong, yet still ppl stood by and said nothing, but when the woman on the gleanor talked about TNT in an unsavory manner we made ah whole thread of it.

the ole ppl really used to say  " do so eh like so"! i doh mind the pecong and the throw offs, but when ah man could cuss ah black educated woman like ah dog fuh no reason, and tell ah player tuh go s@#k he mudda BC he said that KJ was his student, then that is more than personal! that's where i have ah problem that's where i draw the line! to me that's no different from hail hitler sign and the monkey chants.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:45:17 AM by just cool »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2010, 04:49:46 AM »

Yeh i said that! and i wont change ah mudda fackin ting neither!!!!!!!!!! but before yuh come wid yuh weak ass argument, check out what i said and see if i was even in the least harsh or disrespectful to a nation of ppl/ jamaicans. i specifically called out an individual( jamaican tom) who's ah mad nutty fella. never in this post did i attack jamaicans , but my anger was directed towards a particular personality, not ah whole nation.

Read your post again..If you feel you so self-righteous that you can say anything with impunity and not even entertain the fact that maybe, JUST MAYBE yuh was not 100% in the right, then go thru.

i've seen for yrs, sam, bigmag, sando prince and many more say things that was ugly and distasteful especially towards jamaica and jamaicans which was oh so unclassy and wrong, yet still ppl stood by and said nothing, but when the woman on the gleanor talked about TNT in an unsavory manner we made ah whole thread of it.

And yet when Jamiacans come here and disrespect your own people yuh quick to roll over like a lapdog and kick yuh leg in the air. Yuh silent when RF and 2099 does come in here and throw talk, but woe betide any Trini who dare to answer back.

the ole ppl really used to say  " do so eh like so"! i doh mind the pecong and the throw offs, but when ah man could cuss ah black educated woman like ah dog fuh no reason, and tell ah player tuh go s@#k he mudda BC he said that KJ was his student, then that is more than personal! that's where i have ah problem that's where i draw the line! to me that's no different from hail hitler sign and the monkey chants.

So when you did call Russell Latapy a "c**t" I guess that wasn't personal? Where yuh draw the line on that one? You eh in no position to talk about disrespecting players..But of course when other people do it them is Hitler.

This idiot jamaican walk on this site and throw ignorant RACIST talk about a whole community of Trinidad people and you brush it off like nothing happened. But God help us if was a white man saying something negative about black people eh JC?  You woulda flip yuh top...but since its Indians he insulted he could get a bly from you anytime. You have some real gall calling people Hitler. 

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »
Boyz, T&T clash - Regional giants face off in friendly
BY IAN BURNETT Sport Editor

IT is scheduled to be the return leg of the twomatch international friendly football series between the Caribbean’s top two countries — Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago.

But based on the nature of their feisty matches of the years, today’s 6:00 pm encounter at the National Stadium is expected to be anything but friendly.

The Reggae Boyz, ranked 76th on the FIFA Coca-Cola list, are pumped up for the derby and will hand international debut caps to two youngsters today — 18-year-old Marvin Morgan from local outfit Boys’ Town and 24-year-old Shaun Francis from the Columbus Crew in the US Major League Soccer.

Morgan, who helped St George’s College to the Olivier Shield and Manning Cup titles last year, will be given a chance to showcase his talent, though he is yet to convince at the senior Premier League level, while Francis was drafted in the fourth round (63rd overall) of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft by the Crew to fill one of the club’s four developmental roster spots.

No points will be at stake today, but the importance of ‘bragging rights’ can’t be understated, especially after the Boyz stole the Soca Warrior’s thunder with a 3-1 hiding at the Marvin Lee Stadium on August 11.

Dane Richards, who has been in impressive form for the New York Red Bulls of late, opened the scoring with his first goal for Jamaica in that game, and Rodolph Austin added a second before being redcarded for dissent, with Kavin Bryan netting the third. Devon Jorsling replied for Trinidad.

At the time of that encounter, the red-and-black clad Trinidadians wore the mantle of Caribbean kings, being ranked at 76th on the FIFA list, while Jamaica played second fiddle, ranked at 83rd. Now the roles are reversed.

“The Trinidad and Jamaica rivalry is no different from a local league derby,” Jamaica’s head coach and former star player Theodore Whitmore said, before adding: “It’s not all about football, there is bragging rights at stake and as you know that our president (Captain Horace Burrell) and the CONCACAF president (Trinidadian Jack Warner), they have their rivalry at that level too.”

For Trinidad and Tobago’s head coach Russell Latapy, a football icon, today’s game is a continuation of their preparation for the Digicel Caribbean Cup, which is slated for Martinique between late November and early December. Jamaica are the defending champions.

“The exercise on Sunday (today) is much the same thing for us to have an idea of exactly where we are in our preparation. And we think if things go to form on paper, these two teams would most likely be victorious in the Digicel Cup, so the game gives both a chance to have a better look at each other,” said Latapy.

Since the defeat to Jamaica, Latapy has come under immense pressure based on the team’s results, with even his country’s Sports Minister Anil Roberts surprisingly threatening to relieve him of the job if he fails to lead them to victory at the Caribbean Cup.

But Latapy remains unperturbed, preferring to take the philosophical route.

“In football management it is a game of results, and if you don’t get positive results then changes have to be made. But fortunately for us, we will be judged by results in the Digicel Caribbean Cup, and that is not upon us yet.

“Our main purpose is the Digicel Cup and its preparation. There are several aspects of our game that we want to work on and these games are the perfect opportunities to do so,” he argued.

Since the teams last met, Trinidad and Tobago have played a total of five matches — a 0-3 loss to Panama, a 0-0 result with Belize, 1-0 and 3-0 wins against Antigua and Barbuda and St Lucia, respectively, and a 1-1 result with Guyana two weeks ago.

During that same period, the Boyz have played just two games, beating Costa Rica here 1-0 on September 5, and then losing 1-2 to Peru two days later in Fort Lauderdale.

Heading into today’s encounter, Latapy has strengthened his team with the inclusion of four overseasbased players — Julius James from DC United, Keon Daniel from Puerto Rico Islanders, Yohance Marshall from LA Galaxy and Cornel Glen from the San Jose Earthquakes.

Meanwhile, Whitmore, too, has called for the services of veteran Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller, who has recently recovered from a shoulder injury. Other overseas-based players at his disposal are skipper Shavar Thomas, Francis, Ryan Johnson, Dane Richards and Rodolph Austin.

Whitmore, Jamaica’s twogoal hero in a 2-1 win over Japan at the World Cup Finals in France in 1998, told the media that the younger players in the Jamaica set-up need to understand the ramification of the Caribbean derby.

“For those (players) who don’t understand the rivalry, we have to get them to start thinking about the game because it’s going to be a dingdong battle come Sunday,” he said.

He added: “One of the areas that we will be concentrating on is ball possession. I think at the international level we tend to give away the ball a lot, and that’s something we want to improve on.”

Jamaica held a training session in rain at the Stadium East field last evening, but the weather proved a little more unkind to the visitors who were also scheduled to work out at the same venue later in the evening, possibly under lights.

Trinidad and Tobago’s captain Clyde Leon is more focused on how well the team plays.

“A victory will be a kind reward for our concentrated efforts to put in place some of the things we are working on. But how we play will be of greater importance at this stage of our preparations, as it will give us a better idea of where we are at the moment with the Digicel Cup a month off,” he said.

The starting team is goalkeeper Richard McCallum, along with captain Shavar Thomas, Jermaine Taylor and Adrian Reid in a three-man defence; Rodolph Austin, Eric Vernan, Dane Richards and Francis in a four-man midfield, while Keammar Daley, who will be having his second start for the senior team following his first against Argentina in February, will form a threeman attack with Morgan and the dangerous Fuller.

The 20-man squad is completed by Andre Blake, Ryan Johnson, Troy Smith, Dicoy Williams, Richard Edwards, Dever Orgill, Navion Boyd, Oliver Trail and Ricardo Cousins.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>