April 26, 2024, 11:13:03 PM

Author Topic: From watching the other 2 games tonite  (Read 964 times)

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
From watching the other 2 games tonite
« on: March 30, 2005, 10:51:25 PM »
1) Damn - We had to have played real bad to concede 5 vs Guatemala.

2) The US have one big advantage when playing at home-they play with intensity, every single ball, they fight like warriors. For a time, Guat was matching them, just as the second half start, but their fitness and individual technical capabilities, damn, maybe even tactically as a TEAM, they couldnt maintain the high pressure for more than 15 mins. But for the 15 mins they pressure the US, the US became very uncomfortable. Soon after, it was back to the same ole, US controlling the game completely, frustrating the GUAT players and making it look like it was 16 vs 11 players. TT have to take note of this. Guat looked woeful for long periods.

3) a draw vs the US will be VERY VERY DIFFICULT, I dont know if we can withstand that kinda intensity for 90 mins. We have to work on set plays for this kinda game.

4) Guat should get a serious 4-0 at home, thats how we have to aim, cause if we tie them in points, FIFA uses head to head matchups next, and the 5-1 we get will be our undoing, imagine how we will bawl if it comes down to that and they get in over us. But from the commentary and reports today, and the way I see the US neutralise the Guats, we should be looking to put a licking on them real bad.

5) Panama - lard, panama play so unorthodox it not funny. Even when we beat them 7-0 las time, they were a decent team, beating jamaica, narrow loses to Mex etc etc, but they have improved vastly as well. They have skills to burn, one on one. Giraffe man will get eat up by them and their unorthodox way of attack. But they look jittery lots of the time, and even kinda weak physically. I dont see why we cant beat them in POS, in Panama, it will be a very hard game, not even Ja, USA and now Mex could beat them there. Their stadium remind me of Trinidad days of the sea of red,maybe that will have an effect on our players?

6) Mexico play a good away game, but Panama show that they could be beaten. Real nice 2 goals in that game

I cant see why not, with a lill bit of luck, why we cant get 9 pts at home from our remaining home games.
We still need a 3 pts on the road though, we will have to beat one of these teams.

If u take away the 5-1 we get in the Guat game, this group real even so far with all the teams.

1]; } ?>