April 20, 2024, 10:20:33 AM

Author Topic: Remember When we was Patriotic  (Read 1512 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Remember When we was Patriotic
« on: August 31, 2010, 08:26:30 AM »
I do not know how much of you guys could remember long time ago when we show our national pride for Independance day .When all business would decorate with the Red, White,Black flags ,most homes woud fly a national flag some of them decorated with many flags, man that use to be something to see and feel the true Trinbago pride of the nation .When the National song God bless our nation mean something to the citizens ,the Independance Calypso competition , the crowning of the kiing, those was good days days that gone and never to return just knowing where we was and where we could of been as a nation .

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE WARRIORS :cheers: :cheers:
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Remember When we was Patriotic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:14:45 PM »
Happy Independence Day T&T...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:36:25 PM »
Zulu, not to be ah hater, but we are no longer a nation of trinidadians and tobagonians, but rather a nation of foreigners!

there's more foreigners in TNT than ever before and they had kids there and the kids are grown, and the kids grew up in a household where their parents despised trinidadians and talked bad about the counrty every waking day.

i have a couple of friends that i grew up with who had foreign parents, and those same guys , even though being born and bred trinis, would talk sh!t about trinidad quite often that is until i put them in check.

the grenadians, bajans and vincies who came here in the 50 and 60ies during colonial times are the ones who love the country, but the ppl who came in the seventies and beyond are resentful towards us and i feel those are the ppl who's kids are making the most mischief in the land.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »
All I can do is speak for myself. Today I went to the office with my warriors impossible is notthing shirt a far cry from what is acceptable. When asked what was up with the footlocker uniform I replied it was Independence day and most people said congrats and that was that.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
Zulu, not to be ah hater, but we are no longer a nation of trinidadians and tobagonians, but rather a nation of foreigners!

there's more foreigners in TNT than ever before and they had kids there and the kids are grown, and the kids grew up in a household where their parents despised trinidadians and talked bad about the counrty every waking day.

i have a couple of friends that i grew up with who had foreign parents, and those same guys , even though being born and bred trinis, would talk sh!t about trinidad quite often that is until i put them in check.

the grenadians, bajans and vincies who came here in the 50 and 60ies during colonial times are the ones who love the country, but the ppl who came in the seventies and beyond are resentful towards us and i feel those are the ppl who's kids are making the most mischief in the land.

:beermug:
agreed....this is the time the true Trinbagonians must stick together and get rid of these thieving, worthless foreigners (who laughing and robbing us)....
whey boy!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
Buh JC was it always like that with nationals from other islands except JA I think, any how Trinbago is my land and i will admitt I am proud and glad . 
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »
D problem is we were neva patritic we used patriotic symbols but really was not patriotic. Dem RWB plastic ting around govt buildings eh mean we patriotic.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>