March 28, 2024, 09:01:33 AM

Author Topic: Romania defeats Warriors.  (Read 5280 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Romania defeats Warriors.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »
the problem is not so much coaching as it is product.

the pro league has a very poor product, and it's becoming very obvious that it's only the pro leaguers who's is making the commitment to rep the country. the euro based and the MLSers are all dodging playing in these friendlies, and for what i don't know.

hector is always injured, hyland is always carrying knocks, primus always injured, carlos always have prior commitments, this is the second time kenwyne jones wanted to be excused and keon daniel always have something to do, especially him, he needs to never ever get another national call up for dat shit he pulled in the semifinal rounds of the caribbean cup.

the only person i giving a bleigh is caryle mitchell, it seems that he's truly injured.

anyway we looked poor yesterday bc we had a poor product, no disrespect to the pro league players, but the league and the lack of youth development on the island is astonishing, especially since we are from a wealthy country who failed to invest in sports which in turn cheated you out of a better career.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:24:16 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »
the problem is not so much coaching as it is product.

the pro league has a very poor product, and it's becoming very obvious that it's only the pro leaguers who's is making the commitment to rep the country. the euro based and the MLSers are all dodging playing in these friendlies, and for what i don't know.

hector is always injured, hyland is always carrying knocks, primus always injured, carlos always have prior commitments, this is the second time kenwyne jones wanted to be excused and keon daniel always have something to do, especially him, he needs to never ever get another national call up for dat shit he pulled in the semifinal rounds of the caribbean cup.

the only person i giving a bleigh is caryle mitchell, it seems that he's truly injured.

anyway we looked poor yesterday bc we had a poor product, no disrespect to the pro league players, but the league and the lack of youth development on the island is astonishing, especially since we are from a wealthy country who failed to invest in sports which in turn cheated you out of a better career.

JC, these statements become self prophesying. I don't believe they are accurate, yet they will be the ones that are commonly repeated by those who don't attend Pro League games.

The Pro League is a very long way from being perfect, but if its so poor, why do we keep seeing two Pro League teams qualifying for the Champions League?

As for youth development, once you can kill off Intercol you will see progression. I know that statement is like blasphemy here, but I'm trying to convince 16, 17 and 18 year old players to join Central instead of playing school football and its a nightmare. I can understand it if they're going to school for educational purposes, but they're not. Many don't even have to attend classes. Meanwhile, we have one boy who we can send on trial to UK and he's seriously considering staying at school, despite having no interest in education.

How can you properly develop 14 year olds when they suddenly decide that playing for the school takes priority and the school won't allow both?

Central fielded several 16 and 17 year olds this season and you'll see much more next season. Also, W.Connection have fielded boys as young as 15. I admit, we have to do more than just let them play football, what we need is a bespoke academy, you know a kind of "Centre of Excellence". Hmm, there's an idea!

I don't see the Romania defeat as a thrashing. 4-0 against a team over 40 places above you isn't an embarrassment. You'd expect Stoke City to beat Leyton Orient 4-0. Estonia will be a better test of where we stand. More than a 2-0 defeat would be a disaster, a draw would be nice and a victory would be a good, positive result.

The problem is not the players, it's the system they play (or rather, don't play) The ballers amongst us would know that you want to be comfortable when you have the ball. You don't want to search for an option, you instinctively know it's there. As a defender, if I'm facing my keeper I want to know that my left or right back has dropped to allow me to play the way I'm facing instead of turning into trouble. As a forward with my back to goal, I want to know that my A.M is running through so I can flick the ball onto him. I know where he wants the ball and he knows where I'm sending it.

This is why other teams appear much better. Whatever player they put in a position plays the same way the last guy did. So, instead of patching together a team and then giving them a system, we should develop a system and fit the round pegs into round holes, regardless of reputation.

England did this with Heskey, then Crouch. There were better, more accomplished players and most English supporters hated those two, but they delivered consistently and England played a successful system.

Maybe Brazil, Spain and Portugal can get by on flair and pure skill, but most need a system. Look at Germany and Italy. You can predict where the ball will go before it happens. That's how Denmark won the Euros in 82 (?). They couldn't even qualify and got through by default. Poland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Sweden. None of them excitement, but all would give Germany, Italy, France and England a good game and would probably beat T&T.

Now......the backlash!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 06:27:32 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kRfpiyb8LdE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kRfpiyb8LdE</a>

Like Beenhaker dye he hair.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »
The reports/views i'm following here from posters on the Forum is nothing new from previous games,after every game u hear the same complaints.
I have said it before,we will continue to have these problems because T&T needs players,the players we have not ready for high level competition, our players individually does well playing on various teams but our problem is when we have to play together as a team.
We complain about our Coaches too much,these guys are not magicians,they can't make blood out of stone,coaching a T&T team isn't fun any more because u have nothing to work with,check the amount of Cocahes both foreign/local we have had in the past few years,with the exception of Benie none were successful dosn't that tell you all something,imagine we have a list of 35 players plus some who was not available and we can't produce a respectable national team,one set of crap about who fit and eh fit etc etc these are players alyu always boasting about.
Everybody on here have a formula,strategy,plan etc etc for our Football,the only ppl that don't have one are the ppl who controls the game in the country,ever since i know T&T Football our policy has always been to fly in players at the last minuit to represent us,so when we talking about long term preperation i don't know what we talking about,what pulled us out in the past was the ability of the players we had but now a days we don't have that kind of player,the blood sweat and tears type of player.
I support my country i support anything to do with Football,i hate ppl putting down the players and team because these guys don't go out there to loose,most of all i think they are trying their best is just that the mentality of Footballers in our country have to change,gone are the days when we were a force to be recommend with,nobody respects T&T any more,the players today have to regain that.   

cosign

but these same coaches have to take it upon themselves to come up with a plan for success and it must be two prong i. they need to develop players to play at this level ii. they must find ways of educating themselves to coach at this level.
     :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
When we decide to hire persons who are properly qualified for a job based on solid credentials (not who your daddy is and who you know and who know you etc etc), then we can actually expect something good to happen. Why is anyone one even wasting their virtual ink complaining about the team's performance. Do we expect a man who was is charge of the women's team for quite some time and never even qualified for a world cup (much easier than to do than the men's team), to suddenly propel the warriors to the glorious heights of competitive, international football? This is a different stratosphere, and no offense Mr Shabazz, but you don't even know you need a space suit, far more how to get there.
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2013, 11:50:26 PM »
Football supporter yuh more than correct, yes every thing you said was spot on, but in addition to not having a system we adhere too and the fact that the intercol being our only youth development centers and academies, we also have a lousy slow pace under par league, and even though we continue qualify for the CCL, we never get past the group stage.

this is what i'm getting @ FS, T&T have talented players but they are ill equipped and not well trained, and to add insult, the level they play on is worst than the english conference! IMO that's why we look so shabby out there.

when you look @ players like kevon carter, and daniel cyrus ball watch and could barely pass a ball 30 yrds without it being intercepted, i say we will always eat licks.

so my point is, we don't have well train players bc we don't have academies or youth development centers on the island, so they come through the ranks of the SSFL which IMO is weaker than weak, our league is poor even though our teams qualify for champions league regularly, but against poorer opposition.

so add this to your theory.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:53:12 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 06:42:01 AM »
The standard you see now is a product of our grass roots. Look at Belgium, they have a special generation because 10 yrs ago they
redesign their youth football. Once dem youths blossom, then the National team becomes healthy. I will say again. NO COACH making
a hugh difference to this crop of players. Yes a good coach will organize them, but under pressha the organization will still fall apart.
Yesterday I watch Euro U21 Italy & England. If you see Italy, technique, pace, mobility. Players hungry no ass. Then I watch Israel &
Norway is the same. My point is these countries, like Romania taking care off their garden & then have a good local market to display them
produce. Once the produce get scouted & bought they moving to countries that demanding more and making them into an even better product.
We football have to steps, is a track, most times rain fall and the track real slippery no one making it, other times the track dry enough for somebody
to get through.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 07:02:42 AM »
Football supporter yuh more than correct, yes every thing you said was spot on, but in addition to not having a system we adhere too and the fact that the intercol being our only youth development centers and academies, we also have a lousy slow pace under par league, and even though we continue qualify for the CCL, we never get past the group stage.

this is what i'm getting @ FS, T&T have talented players but they are ill equipped and not well trained, and to add insult, the level they play on is worst than the english conference! IMO that's why we look so shabby out there.

when you look @ players like kevon carter, and daniel cyrus ball watch and could barely pass a ball 30 yrds without it being intercepted, i say we will always eat licks.

so my point is, we don't have well train players bc we don't have academies or youth development centers on the island, so they come through the ranks of the SSFL which IMO is weaker than weak, our league is poor even though our teams qualify for champions league regularly, but against poorer opposition.

so add this to your theory.

JC, everything you say makes sense, particularly about youth development, but let me throw a few things back at you (and my last point may really upset people!)

I grew up watching Gillingham week in week out for 20 years. Let me tell you, they played some serious levels of shit at times. Last day of one season missed relegation to conference on goal difference. At times the only tactics were: row Z for defence and long ball for attack.
So I was used to shit football. In fact when we played in the Championship (Sancho et al) it didn't look like my team anymore! And, of course, working for the PFA I was watching 3 or 4 games a week, mainly League 1 and 2, some Conference and Reserve League.

So when I saw Pro League it was no disappointment to me. I felt that generally it was League 2 standard, but with some Championship players in the mix.

And thats the best you will achieve here. Maybe we can increase the standards to League 1 and maybe at times Championship, but never EPL Much of this is pure mathematics. UK has 60 times more footballers than T&T. For our Daneil Cyrus, UK has 60 of them and because of competition for places at academies and in teams, those 60 work much harder than Cyrus and because those 60 are playing and training with 59 other Cyrus's, they improve much quicker. And even then, the old Division 1 was relatively poor and two or three teams could dominate. We had to bring in foreigners to make the EPL exciting and raise standards.

Next, you cannot force a quicker pace of game without supporters. Put Man U vs Chelski in an empty stadium and the game will be slow. Until we fill our stadiums and create atmosphere, there will be a lack of passion, pace and urgency. 

We have to manage our expectations. When you see the national team lose 4-0 to Romania, it's no different to me watching Gillingham lose 5-0 to Chelsea in the F.A. Cup. T&T will never reach the levels of Mexico and USA. Yes, they may give them a good game or two and if we win we will be giant killers, but we will never play like them constantly.

Where does that leave us? Well, we must work harder to be the top regional team. Every WC and GC we have to win our early rounds. We want USA and Mexico to look at the draw and want to avoid us. Be the Sweden of the Caribbean. And every few tournaments we will create some headlines and hopefully reach another WC finals. That is the reality. Once you accept that, trust me, a 2-0 win over Jamaica will feel like winning the F.A. Cup!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
2 Boss post FS..and nice comments/discussive points ANC2, Milkyx, MEP, deeks & JC
will like to add one point..since we keep exporting some of our best & brighter (academically)younger players/non-players to foreign colleges - won't fault them for that- but don't have a plan/place for them to return to TT society, then it considerably weakens our sportive development pool, as well as our social and economic progress.  Younger ppl learn on the backs of the ppl before them, but if the ppl before them constantly emigrate for whatever reason then you left with a weakend society..it's good for them to go away, but we need to have them comeback and demonstrate/teach/police/lead.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:53 PM »
2 Boss post FS..and nice comments/discussive points ANC2, Milkyx, MEP, deeks & JC
will like to add one point..since we keep exporting some of our best & brighter (academically)younger players/non-players to foreign colleges - won't fault them for that- but don't have a plan/place for them to return to TT society, then it considerably weakens our sportive development pool, as well as our social and economic progress.  Younger ppl learn on the backs of the ppl before them, but if the ppl before them constantly emigrate for whatever reason then you left with a weakend society..it's good for them to go away, but we need to have them comeback and demonstrate/teach/police/lead.

It's difficult as this is a man's career we're talking about. Of course it would be nice for them to come back at a reasonable age, but there's nothing here for them. They may get an offer of $8k or $9k per month, but realistically, probably no more than $7.5k. Meanwhile, they could play in League 2 for a minimum of $3,500 per week with housing thrown in. If they're a decent player, they could earn $10k pw in League 2, $15-20k in League 1 and up to $100k pw in the Championship. Why would you come home?

Its the same old story, somehow we have to get money into the game in T&T. Large crowds, TV rights, bigger prize money, transfer fees all equal better wages for players. And the first step is getting bums on seats to create the demand......but how do you do that? I'm all out of ideas!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 03:36:55 AM »
Magyar Labdarúgó-Válogatott
Dear Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation Representatives,

Raising your attention on the racist incident against your players and the people of your country at the match between Romania - Trinidad & Tobago played 4th June 2013 in Bucharest, Romania, I would like to make a general enquiry if you happen to make an official report to FIFA about the case?

Romanian fans showed unacceptable behavior, whenever the players of Trinidad possessed the ball - they were cawing and hooting on Trinidadians, violating their human rights as acting racist. The incident was reported in the popular Romanian sports magazine, Prosport as well:

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/nationala/fani-iresponsabili-romania-risca-sanctiuni-dupa-meciul-cu-trinidad-tobago-10926815

Fani iresponsabili! România riscă sancţiuni după meciul cu Trinidad & Tobago | ProSport
www.prosport.ro

Deşi nu au venit în număr foarte mare la meciul din această seară, anumiţi fani ...ai echipei naţionale s-au făcut încă o dată de râs, motiv pentru care
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 09:09:31 AM »
First time i am hearing about this.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »
Aside from the 3rd pic when scrolling down, those Romainains had a lot to say about this but I can't understand one word they're saying though  :frustrated:

http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/nationala/fani-iresponsabili-romania-risca-sanctiuni-dupa-meciul-cu-trinidad-tobago-10926815

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:32 AM »
Try using Google translate
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »
http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prosport.ro%2Ffotbal-intern%2Fnationala%2Ffani-iresponsabili-romania-risca-sanctiuni-dupa-meciul-cu-trinidad-tobago-10926815

:beermug: I really would've like to see the comments by the Romanians as well but hey the at least I found out the third pic is about two people having sex in the back seat of a cab ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2013, 04:10:54 AM »
Why is this even an issue? we've been down this road before and nothing has and will change in ah hurry if sepp has anything to do with it.

1]; } ?>