March 28, 2024, 07:46:51 AM

Author Topic: Most Swansea fans would have welcomed Scotland return  (Read 5076 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Most Swansea fans would have welcomed Scotland return
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 03:34:12 AM »
if stern is one of yuh favorite players yuh shoulda know he play in de EPL already
Thanx for tellin me. :whew: i don't know what i would've done without your precious input.  :notworthy:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swansea City in talks over Jason Scotland
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
Swansea City in talks over Jason Scotland
South Wales Evening Post

SWANSEA City are in negotiations to bring Jason Scotland back to the Liberty, with Ipswich demanding £500,000 for the striker.

Though Swansea officially declined to comment on reports linking them to the 32-year-old, the Evening Post understands chairman Huw Jenkins was last night holding talks with Tractor Boys chief executive Simon Clegg over the player.

Ipswich are believed to be willing for their asking price to be broken down into payments linked to Scotland's appearance and goal-scoring record.

But Swansea want him for free.

Brendan Rodgers is keen to add to his attacking options after breaking the club's transfer record to land Danny Graham in a £3.5 million deal from Watford.

Eidur Gudjohnsen, Leroy Lita and Marvin Emnes are all forwards believed to be in his sights.

And it has emerged that former top-scorer Scotland is also on Rodgers's wish list.

Scotland only arrived at Portman Road a year ago, but could be surplus to requirements next season after Ipswich boss Paul Jewell signed Michael Chopra and Nathan Ellington this summer, while he also has Tamas Priskin among his ranks.

Brighton are among a clutch of Championship clubs also chasing the Trinidadian's signature, but it is understood Scotland would jump at the chance to return to Swansea, where he enjoyed the best spell of his career.

Scotland scored 50 goals in two seasons at Swansea under Roberto Martinez.

He then followed the Spaniard to Premier League Wigan where he struggled to make an impact, scoring just twice in 36 appearances.

After moving to Ipswich he netted ten times last term despite playing in a team that often adopted more direct tactics not suited to his strengths.

Swansea's discussions with Ipswich could be complicated by the recent public spat between the clubs.

Clegg called for the Premier League to impose a transfer embargo on Swansea last month after claiming they owed payments connected to the deal that saw Priskin head to the Liberty on loan last season.

That issue has since been resolved after Swansea settled the debt.

Meanwhile, Swansea's pursuit of Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge appears to have hit a stumbling block. The 26-year-old still has two years to run on a lucrative contract at St James' Park which the string of clubs chasing him are not prepared to match.

Swansea along with West Ham, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Leicester and Cardiff are believed to be tracking a player who impressed while on loan at Championship title- winners Queens Park Rangers last season.

The player is trying to get his Newcastle deal paid-off, but the Magpies have so far been unwilling to agree to that.

Unless that situation changes, the player is unlikely to go anywhere.

But speculation that another Swansea target could be on his way to South Wales was fuelled yesterday after Emnes did not travel for Middlesbrough's pre-season tour of Slovenia, officially because of a groin problem.

Another player linked to Swansea, Lita, did leave with the Boro squad.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland not in my thinking – Rodgers
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 06:32:08 AM »
Scotland not in my thinking – Rodgers
By Dave Gooderham (Green'Un24)

JASON Scotland’s hopes of a return to Swansea and Premier League football next season appear to have been dealt a blow.

Swans boss Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he is in the market for a new striker – but that the Ipswich Town frontman was not on his radar.

It had been rumoured that the 32-year-old was a surprise target for the Premier League new boys with Scotland slipping down the pecking order at Portman Road and manager Paul Jewell still looking to add a third new forward to his ranks.

But Rodgers, who has already bought £3.5 million striker Danny Graham from Watford, said: “Jason Scotland hasn’t come into my thinking. Of course we need another goalkeeper, a centre-half, another striker and a winger.

“I’m quite relaxed about it. I know what we need and I’m waiting to get the right type in. I’m quite patient so I’m not going to rush and panic.”

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Most Swansea fans would have welcomed Scotland return
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 06:41:25 PM »
Scotty scored today for Ipswich in preseason against Don Bosch of the Netherlands, Ipswich won 3-1

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Top 25 Most Influential People In Our Rise – No 17 Jason Scotland
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 04:23:06 PM »
Top 25 Most Influential People In Our Rise – No 17 Jason Scotland
By Steven (sosfanzine.com)

Twelve months ago the SoS team got together and discussed a new feature we would run throughout the season discussing who had been the most influential people in Swansea City’s rise up through the division’s. After much debate we settled on our top 25 and revealed them through each issue throughout last season. As a special treat for you throughout the summer we will reveal one a day throughout the next few weeks until we get to number one. Please note though this was down last summer so the likes of Michael Laudrup and Michu are not included in our 25.

Today’s person is one of the most proflific strikers in Swansea City history.

17. Jason Scotland

Who – Trinidad and Tobago striker 2007-9

Why? – As far as jobs go then replacing fans favourite Lee Trundle is up there with one of the hardest for any incoming player. He was initially signed to partner the Scouse striker but after he left for Bristol City the burden of scoring goals was placed firmly on the Trinidad and Tobago frontman’s shoulders. He didn’t disappoint. That season he found the net 29 times to help his new club romp to the League 1 title which helped him collect the player of the year award for that campaign. The goals continued in 2008/9 with 24 strikes as Swansea finished 8th in the Championship – their best finish since the 1983/4 campaign. He then followed ex-boss Roberto Martinez to Wigan for a cool £2 million a hefty profit on the £25,000 fee paid to Dundee United two years previous.

Best Moment – Becoming the fastest player to reach 50 goals for the club

Worst Moment – Not being fully appreciated by the Jack Army

1]; } ?>