April 19, 2024, 11:42:06 AM

Author Topic: Manny Pacquiao facing biggest opponent in 15 years of his career  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manny Pacquiao facing biggest opponent in 15 years of his career
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »
Manny Pacquiao facing biggest opponent in 15 years of his career

On November 13, Manny Pacquiao will face Antonio Margarito at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium for the vacant WBC super welterweight championship title.
When he enters the ring, Pacquiao will face his biggest opponent in 15 years of his professional boxing career.
In their first face-to-face meeting at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California Tuesday, Margarito stands towering over Pacquiao at 5'11" against the Filipino boxer's 5'6.5". Clearly Margarito enjoys almost 5" in height advantage.
Margarito likewise enjoys a 6" advantage in reach at 73" against Pacquiao's 67" inches.
Despite Mararito's huge advantage in height and reach, Pacquiao remains the favored fighter to win this year's biggest boxing event.
Pacquiao said he accepted Margarito's challenge despite his huge size advantage because he believes the Mexican boxer can serve as the biggest test to his capability as a boxer.
"In my 15 years of professional boxing, I will be fighting in my heaviest weight and for the first time I will try and hope to win in this new weight division", Pacquiao said.
Pacquiao has won seven times in seven different weight classes, a feat that is yet to be duplicated in boxing history.
A win in the super welterweight division will cement his supremacy in boxing along with the elite members of boxing's Hall of Fame.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
Re: Manny Pacquiao facing biggest opponent in 15 years of his career
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:46 PM »
Ah boi, fight night tonight. Manny looks to be in trouble, based on what I've seen in HBO 24/7. Seems to have lost some focus due to his new political career.
Margarito is a real brawler who is hungry to get back his previous status after the cheating.
Ah think Pacman might be in some trouble here.
Ketch footballitis

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:16:17 AM »
Ah boi, fight night tonight. Manny looks to be in trouble, based on what I've seen in HBO 24/7. Seems to have lost some focus due to his new political career.
Margarito is a real brawler who is hungry to get back his previous status after the cheating.

i see ur crystal ball has a crack in it..... ;D

pacquiao is definitely on the all time greatest list.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:37:13 AM »

Who win?

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 12:06:55 PM »

Lol

This Pacman is poison. I really thought he woulda have problems.

An ordinary fighter would have lost that fight last night, but this guy is on a different level.

Margarito caught him a few times and he (Pacman) admitted after that it hurt him.

But he has such a warrior spirit, everytime he was hit, he hit back even better.

Ketch footballitis

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
So who win??????????????????????????????????/

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
Ketch footballitis

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »
Thanks. Congrats to the Pacman. He is a real Giant.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 09:46:47 AM »
it is amazing how pacquiao doh really fade in the later rounds. best fighter in de world.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:20:31 AM »
it is amazing how pacquiao doh really fade in the later rounds. best fighter in de world.

Or go up in weight classes and not lose speed or power

Amazing or unnatural?
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

Or go up in weight classes and not lose speed or power

Amazing or unnatural?

he has been going up in weight gradually over the years so the impact is probably minimal and usually his weight in weight is almost the same as actual fight weight (normally 2 or 3 pounds difference) unlike those guys who rehyrdrate and put 10 -15 pounds by fight time.

1]; } ?>