April 23, 2024, 10:31:54 PM

Author Topic: Proposed Call Ups for next set of Friendlies  (Read 3147 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Proposed Call Ups for next set of Friendlies
« on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:35 AM »
 Ah reading how people want to assist and support  the local coach. Well for the next set of friendlies let's begin by proposing  players who can represent based on:

Talent
 Possession of Skills
Availability
Best chance of playing in 2014
mixture of youth and veteran
Mixture of the best local pros and overseas pros

giving us the best chance at success

I starting by proposing the following for the next friendly:

Jack, Kelvin
Thomson, Jake           James Julius                   Andrews, Marvin           Telesford, Osei

Boucaud, Andre                 Birchall, Chris                 Austin, Kevin      Jagdeosingh, Kendall         
                                                                  Daniel, Keon   

Glen, Cornell          Sealy, Scott  K Jones    Patterson, Randi

Clarence, Juma      
Kerry Baptise

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:25:03 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed Call Ups for next set of Friendlies
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:07:36 AM »
I thought this was a three year old post. A>B>Trini are you serious- Kelvin Jack and Marvin Andrews. We may as well call Stern John And Avery John.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »
I thought this was a three year old post. A>B>Trini are you serious- Kelvin Jack and Marvin Andrews. We may as well call Stern John And Avery John.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the irony right there; when these players looking better than what we presently have, what other options do we have? I think part of the thinking here is that these players  could work with the younger players in settling them down and  teaching them the game...... ah mean  reflecting on what our present coach's comments about some of the players " they look like school boys'........

Tired of  WATCHING TnT being 'schooled'.....let's get our best payers back to represent TnT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which TnT team would you  rather pay money to watch in the next friendly; the one that lost to JA or a team comprised of the best of our overseas players mixed with the best of the local pros??
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:26:10 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
The ironey is we does want to hold on to players until their knees start to buckle,we don't try to build young players while the more experience guys are in their prime,we wait for their days to be over to wonder where our replacements are coming from,if we calling up Kelvin Jack and the rest of the crew how is that teaching the younger players,these youths needs to play consistantly at the highest level,i could see them being called if is to assist with coaching etc etc

AB i hear you Breds but at some time we have to stop worrying about winning and consentrate on building,if we have to sacrifice some losses so be it,but we not going to make it at the rate we are going.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:07:53 PM »
dino zoff was 40 when he kept goal and captained italy in the 1982 world cup so i could understand kelvin jack but marvin andrews...come nah man alberta trini?..just now u will say bring back peter prosper and faustin.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »
A.B.... you should go and do "stand-up" oui!..... You ha to be ah comedian with dem names

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
A.B.... you should go and do "stand-up" oui!..... You ha to be ah comedian with dem names

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 05:00:39 PM »
A man jus throw een Kevin Austin dry so, yes. In midfield tuh boot. In a 4-4-4 formation. Bermuda doh stand a chance!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »
A man jus throw een Kevin Austin dry so, yes. In midfield tuh boot. In a 4-4-4 formation. Bermuda doh stand a chance!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the irony is that I was not  putting men in any formation ; I was simply listing men across the page hoping others would add to the names under them. But then again  given how  our present team  and players are thrown into positions, this may be the system  presently employed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Anyway Coops, yuh partially correct, we may have to abandoned the thoughts of winning every game however is not the losing that is the issue for me, is the  apparent neglect, or blatant omission of  players who could  be a solid core of our future, that are not being considered for selection. Meanwhile other nations are bringing in their best players.
Secondly, the level of our play seems to be moving backwards as oppose to be progressing. Given where our team is, these are the reason from listing some of these players.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
...and Dwight Yorke and Ian Cox with Lincoln Phillips in goal.  Some of us fans live in the past while we have the nerve to criticize Latapy.  Wake up people!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
Tuh add insult, tha man eh even include the yute who tearing it up on the left wing( micah lewis). even yohance marshall coulda get ah bligh before dog. the man even leave out roberts, hyland and JLLoyd. it's ah good ting you eh close tuh latas nah!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »
what you guys think about this line up.

M. Phillips

J. James
                       J. Thompson                                     Y. Marshall
                                                       L. Samuel

C. Birchall 
                  C. Edwards                                                    Samuel

Hyland

Jones                Glenn

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »

M. Phillips

J. James
                                                       L. Samuel

C. Birchall 

Hyland

This unit could work... seriously, and men like Daryl Roberts to still come on for ah man and change it up.
but still, dem fellas hadda be eating real ochro breds... and be pushing real weights too... pounds pounds!!!

Whatever happens going forward, we hadda make best use of the seasoned players, as a settled unit, playing a system, that everybody understands...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
nice but what about jacko black or "grey" list. i feel something shady afoot with most of the foreign-based crew eh getting call atall.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »
leh me ask something, forgive meh eh...
Q1. How many players have refused with good reason?...with the below excuses, and
Q2. how many times must a coach be refused before calling someone else ?
Q3. Is everyone but me, aware of every call sent out, every refusal, evry scramble for replacement, time frames for replacements ?
Responses...
1. I would like to skip this friendly, due to my club commitments as possibilty of cracking into the 1st team.
2. Injured at present, would be available for next friendly
3. See reason 1.
4. The club rather I not leave now except for a non-major qualification game, long flight too & from.
5. See reason 1
6. I didn't recieve the call in time
7. See reason 1.
8. Didn't recieve the ticket in time
9. See reason 1
10. Have been advised to await clearance of court proceddings
11. See reason 2 & 4
12. Club on a critical run right now.
13. Family issues does not make me available at present
14. I'm blacklisted, I wasn't called

Then said players announces, I'm always ready and willing, but did not hear a word after my last honest request to be excluded..

I saw post of 1 of the above from everyone of the players in che lineup and most in AB lineup...and from the present Coach and all....my point being, yuh could pick yuh best team on paper, but not for the next friendly..

add:
15. Never recieved no call, only a text, but was too late.
16. Never recieved the call, got the message later.
17. Never recieved no call
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:33:37 PM by maxg »

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »
leh me ask something, forgive meh eh...
Q1. How many players have refused with good reason?...with the below excuses, and
Q2. how many times must a coach be refused before calling someone else ?
Q3. Is everyone but me, aware of every call sent out, every refusal, evry scramble for replacement, time frames for replacements ?
Responses...
1. I would like to skip this friendly, due to my club commitments as possibilty of cracking into the 1st team.
2. Injured at present, would be available for next friendly
3. See reason 1.
4. The club rather I not leave now except for a non-major qualification game, long flight too & from.
5. See reason 1
6. I didn't recieve the call in time
7. See reason 1.
8. Didn't recieve the ticket in time
9. See reason 1
10. Have been advised to await clearance of court proceddings
11. See reason 2 & 4
12. Club on a critical run right now.
13. Family issues does not make me available at present
14. I'm blacklisted, I wasn't called

Then said players announces, I'm always ready and willing, but did not hear a word after my last honest request to be excluded..

I saw post of 1 of the above from everyone of the players in che lineup and most in AB lineup...and from the present Coach and all....my point being, yuh could pick yuh best team on paper, but not for the next friendly..

add:
15. Never recieved no call, only a text, but was too late.
16. Never recieved the call, got the message later.
17. Never recieved no call

Sense...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »

M. Phillips

J. James
                                                       L. Samuel

C. Birchall 

Hyland

There is a lot of hope and promise in this squad. But we need at least  2 more J Lloyds and 2 more Hylands.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
When People dont have the facts they make up things. A lot of speculation , conspiracy theories and the like. The coach or the manager need to communicate with the fans and say
 1} The foreign pros will not be available for the Digicel cup hence the reason for a local based squad.
 2} These friendlies are a test to see who are up to international ball.
 3} Give a list of foreign pros and say they will join the team for the Gold cup and related friendlies.
 After all these years the TTFF cant understand the DNA of the T&T fans and simple communication.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:35:57 PM »
When People dont have the facts they make up things. A lot of speculation , conspiracy theories and the like. The coach or the manager need to communicate with the fans and say
 1} The foreign pros will not be available for the Digicel cup hence the reason for a local based squad.
 2} These friendlies are a test to see who are up to international ball.
 3} Give a list of foreign pros and say they will join the team for the Gold cup and related friendlies.
 After all these years the TTFF cant understand the DNA of the T&T fans and simple communication.
Unfortunately, the TTFF ppl made up of the same DNA, so is make up things, lot of speculation, conspiracies..etc...etc..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 08:48:47 PM »
When People dont have the facts they make up things.
The general public usually would like to be consoled after z loss (which is the norm these days) with words of wisdom from the coach, however the heavy hitters would like some details in detail. I for one have many questions for him as do us all.

The coach and some of the fans here have two very different ideas on how the national team should represent this country as well as how the rebuilding process should be administered. A test squad must have a larger pool, rotated, analyzed over a period. We are looking at the same defensive players in the last how many games with very similar results. One can only suspect these regular backline are in a comfort zone to where they can have a bad few games and still remain in the starting line-up. After the recent results some of us are very concerned for the reputation of this once ambitious National team, without the proper addressing of course people will begin to speculate.

Some of us want to know why the squad seems to be always low in confidence, showing very little pride and fight with very little hustling. The style of play is very carefree, when a player loses the ball its okay, losing out of half challenges all day, it has been a slow, painful decline in the performance of the team.

A lot of speculation , conspiracy theories and the like. The coach or the manager need to communicate with the fans and say

There is much to be said about the TTFF decisions but please do the right thing call up stern and some of the guys facing retirement or didn't have a proper sending off. They deserve it, who knows if  we will ever get a   player like Stern in our lifetime... but then again knowing the federation they repay a lifetime of service with a blacklist for life. Such a permanent scar on our football, cmon they made history!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:15:39 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »
When People dont have the facts they make up things.
The general public usually would like to be consoled after z loss (which is the norm these days) with words of wisdom from the coach, however the heavy hitters would like some details in detail. I for one have many questions for him as do us all.

The coach and some of the fans here have two very different ideas on how the national team should represent this country as well as how the rebuilding process should be administered. A test squad must have a larger pool, rotated, analyzed over a period. We are looking at the same defensive players in the last how many games with very similar results. One can only suspect these regular backline are in a comfort zone to where they can have a bad few games and still remain in the starting line-up. After the recent results some of us are very concerned for the reputation of this once ambitious National team, without the proper addressing of course people will begin to speculate.

Some of us want to know why the squad seems to be always low in confidence, showing very little pride and fight with very little hustling. The style of play is very carefree, when a player loses the ball its okay, losing out of half challenges all day, it has been a slow, painful decline in the performance of the team.

A lot of speculation , conspiracy theories and the like. The coach or the manager need to communicate with the fans and say

There is much to be said about the TTFF decisions but please do the right thing call up stern and some of the guys facing retirement or didn't have a proper sending off. They deserve it, who knows if  we will ever get a   player like Stern in our lifetime... but then again knowing the federation they repay a lifetime of service with a blacklist for life. Such a permanent scar on our football, cmon they made history!

The team plays just like its coach...taking a smoke and a drink chill out and all go be alright!! We aint have to train, warm up and we go beat people!! Unfortunately we dont have eleven latas on the field who cud do them things and get away with it.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 08:53:37 AM »

M. Phillips

J. James
                                                       L. Samuel

C. Birchall 

Hyland

This is a very nice team.....but
1) How is this team supposed to train as only one person on the team is local !!!

2) So who is the coach supposed to train in the mean time.

3) Where is the best place to have a friendly USA or UK and who paying for that.

4) How often can we realistically expect to have these friendlies

5) Is this team available for the Caribbean Cup next month

Right so Who wants the Head Coach Job now ?????

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 10:01:48 PM »
When will the 'REAL' players be called up to begin serious preparation for this campaign? All this set ah ' jokey selections' and friendlies against  sub par opposition suppose to  prepare TnT for greater challenges?

This attempt at seducing fans and placating  the public with  mediocrity is wasting time at what should be the obvious. Get quality players on the field and let's get serious with we football.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=44403.msg574209#msg574209

1]; } ?>