April 27, 2024, 12:49:59 PM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Musings TT vs Chile Under 17 WC.  (Read 5007 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
D Touches Match Musings TT vs Chile Under 17 WC.
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Folks,

This evening history was created...as a TT team won its first ever match at a FIFA Finals.
I am still enjoying the moment and it's been a long time since I have felt good watching a TT team.

This bunch of young ladies showed that with determination, training, fitness, sticking to a plan and playing as a team, you can succeed and Even Pellerud has done a wonderful job with this group of girls.

The preparation for this tournament was good and from the warm up victories before, the team was on the right track, all that was needed was to get it right on game day....and they did. Now there are areas to improve upon, but this team has character and they put the senior mens team to shame.

Imagine if the senior men could put even half the effort, determination and fight that these girls have we would be in a better place. Also I was amazed at some of the skills and technical ability on display that were shown by the ladies that their male counterparts cannot do properly...e.g. trap, head, tackle, read the game, take a good corner kick, make a driven pass more than 20m on the ground, make off the ball runs and keep the shape of a team defensively.

Anyway, the afternoon started around 2pm...there was a good sized crowd and after getting stopped by security for trying to bring in some grog in a plastic bottle, with the help of a fellow forumite, we worked a scene and entered the stadium with drinks in tow.

These games are dry zones...and it was explained to me that vendors did not get a bar licence in time, fifa rules were in place and also as coke was the main sponsor, no competing drinks or bottles were allowed in the stadium...only coke products, eg sprite, powerade, dasani etc. Further, there were very few food and drink vendors in attendance. The regular pie and nuts men couldnt see their way due to accreditation issues and so the thousands in the stadium had to fight up with the three or four concessions, selling hot dogs, fried chicken, warm soft drinks and water at exorbitant prices.

The carpark area of the stadium was transformed into an activity village and Sony had a booth where their new 3d technology, tv screens as well as a ps3 allowing fans to play Fifa, were on display. Bmobile had a spin the wheel, prize give away and hyundai had a small goal shoot to win booth.

All the gates and turnstiles were open, no long lines and the volunteers, police and firemen were wukkin.

The sound system was loud and clear, the scoreboard wukking and showing replays, the flags were the correct size.In fact everything was going smooth and it seemed TT were doing a great job as hosts....they NEARLY got it right.

The first game started between Nigeria and Korea DPR with me hunting for chaser and ice and I missed the opening goal. A roar from the crowd which swelled to 16,000 by the TT game, indicated that someone scored.

Both teams were technically good, with Nigeria being the more entertaining of the 2 teams. Nigeria were taller, fitter, faster and dribbled a bit more...but their goalie and defence were suspect. After going 1 up...Korea DPR equalized and then went ahead. Only for Nigeria to storm back in the closing stages to take the game 3-2.

Both teams played well for the opening 20 minutes of each half...then fitness took its toll, no more nice passing, no more flick, just hit and hope and scruffled attempted plays.

Nigeria and Korea had dangerous number 10 players up top and we need to stifle these players when we face them.

By now Nigeria had captivated the crowd and most patrons were Pro Nigeria, cheering them on and applauding each play. Nigeria had the largest visible support, with a strong section in both covered and uncovered stands, chanting, waving thundersticks and clapping.

I could not understand why the crowd wanted Nigeria to finish them...when a draw would have been the best result for TT.

Maybe people know more than me, but some claimed we winning this cup and we beating them 2 side easy...I could only smile and listen to the ole talk all around.

Then TT and Chile came out on the pitch to warm up and it was level vibes in the stadium. The place was full, everybody blowing a vuvuzela or horn from bmobile, a riddim section started up in covered stands and d vibes was nice, The Warrior Nation Flag made an appearance and it was action like WC 2006...the TT girls warmed up in sync, totally in time to the music, with intensity, and precision. Everybody knew the drill, what to do and how to do it.

Chile a little bigger and thicker, but we showing zess and vibes.

The teams went back in to a loud cheer and the cultural opening went ahead.

It was short and sweet but I enjoyed it and we showcased our mokojumbies, pan, dancers, costumes and some fireworks and smoke. Maximus Dan hyped up the crowd and we were set.
The PM came and said some stuff, applause all around...she gave a big up to Jack Warner, they greeted the teams and then came the anthems.

Chile own...nice and loud.

Then "PLEASE STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO"....... :devil: :devil: :devil:

with the world watching and listening...the dj start the damn anthem half way...from "we solemnly declare"   ??? ??? ??? ???...it was like the Sweden Game all over again a real What the F^@K moment.

Anyway the girls compose theyself and sang the rest of the anthem...all now stadium quiet as people ent know whether to laugh or cuss or still fumbling the words and eventually...most people join in at..."where every creed and race find an equal place and may God Bless our nation"

Tweet....game on and TT lined up in a 4-4-2 morphing into a 4-5-1 on occassion.

Chile playing a 4-3-3.

I really cant give names or numbers of players accurately....but our Captain Schmidt is a Boss, winning everything in the air, marshaling the back, reading the game and clearing when necessary. A woodcutter at times, a florist the next. Good shift by her.

In fact I was impressed by the entire back 4. The lil white number 2 wingback on the right, a short strong girl...had good kicking technique and was strong in the tackle. Good footskills and coulda play a tru ball. The other 2 girls were not as technical but made up in speed and aggression.

Also it was great to see these girls play for each other, any mistake made was covered by a teammate. Double team was common and there was always perfect covering and movement and support off and on the ball.

I was taken aback at the number of agricultural challenges and how no quarter was given by any of the  teams on display.

TT started brightly running at Chile and trying the shot, using the flanks or playing a tru ball through the center. The attack was varied and it resulted in a number of corners which were delivered expertly from a tall indian looking number 14. Every corner was trouble for Chile and TT were good with all their set pieces.

It was from a corner or throw that a TT fwd got the ball, trapped screened and turned the defender and hit a shot that crept past the goalie.

TT 1-0 after a few minutes and it was pandemonium in the stadium....chants start, horn blow, wave start to go around the stadium and while the girls in they glee and doing celebrations...Chile organize theyself, kick off again and ketch TT napping. From there the jep nest raise...and Chile start to pass the ball around and raid our goal.

Chile have a lil number 9 with skill for days, cyap, rolly poly, fan, wrong address, cutback...she had it all and was playing sensibly with the Chile 10 and 14 finding spaces and playing the tru ball working the TT left wingback with the lil fro/jerri curls.

On many an occasion the tiny mite TT keeper kept us in the game...coming off her line bravely over and over to stop the Chilean fwds. She has a good safe pair of hands. Can kick the ball long very well, reads the game, switches the point of attack well, calms the ball or sends it out for the counter....the girl good. Is jess she short.

TT goes into the half 1-0 up and both teams had chances on goal. TT getting a few crosses to no one and being dangerous on the corners. Chile getting the tru ball in the space between stopper and wingback but keeper wrapping up effectively.

After 60 min, both teams were bun and scrappy play then ensued.

However you saw tactical adjustment from TT by Pellerud.

Anytime Chile started getting back into the game, a fwd/midfielder drops back to double team and hustle. effectively going to a 4-5-1. We would then play hoof out ball long to the wings....to instruction. Letting the fwds chase it long and push the Chileans back into their half.

Then you would see the coach come back to the touchline shout something and after the Chileans drop back...we then start to hit them a short passing game tru the middle.

With 70 mins to go...we then look to keep the lead and hit on the counter with TT subbing the hard working number 3 up top for an energetic number 10.

Folks the sub came on ran after a long ball..."pongs off" perfectly legal shoulder to shoulder challenge with a chile defender, hits the onrushing defender a tock tock beat on the by line and from an acute angle slaps a shot across the face of the goal into the far corner.

A BESS goal...

The whole stadium jump up, we celebrating and then the ref calls the goal back.

Well is level boo and cuss the ref get and from there the ref like she was playing for Chile...is level foul, corner, throw in all going Chile's way and it started to frustrate the TT players. Chile pelting blade...no foul. TT not getting any help from the assistant lines people and Chile started using the off the ball fouls and dirty tactics.

Elbow and stamp start to pass...and guess what our girls dished it right back...in heaping portions too.

Even if TT lost this game...those girls made us proud cause they giving it their all.

The crowd started getting into it and big men cussing and shouting and making comment when mistakes were made...I had to tell the fella next to me to calm down....is a lil girl trying her best not a big hard back man.   

Anyway...with the disallowed goal TT goes for it again and from a corner, the Chile goalie cannot hold it bobbles up, scruffles around and from nowhere a shot is taken...lobbing the keeper and remaining defenders.

2-0 and we looking good to go.

Then the TT jumbie kicks in along with the referee bias...and petty infringements are called against us.

We like to do things the hard way and a free kick is given away from about 30 meters out. A wall is put up but a Chilean girl hits a very good shot and it beats the little tiny mite in the TT goal.

I felt real sorry for the keeper as she didnt put a foot wrong and she tried to reach, but saw it late and could not jump high enough.

with 10 minutes to go Pellerud makes 2 more changes...an injury occuring to TTs winger and a new fwd coming on.

We holding on...is boom kick football and hit and hope and Chile got a free kick in the 90th min.

The goalscorer tried her luck from distance again and my heart jumped and skipped a beat as the tiny mite keeper jumped in the nick of time and pushed the ball...it then crashed against the bar and out for a scramble.

Tweet...full time and is celebration and warm feelings all around.

and it did not stop there....TT went and warm down, the team started to stretch, they went tru their after match routine...then came the hugs, jumps and waves to the crowd.

Forumites there are areas to improve, but confidence, attitude, simple football, positional play and team shape are good. We have to be a bit fitter...we have to be a little more composed on the ball, not switch off and be alert in the final 3rd. More shots to goal would be good as I find these keepers at this level suspect.

This team won many hearts tonight and I encourage you to give them your support and go and watch the remaining games. You will not be disappointed.

Till next time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:46:12 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Musings TT vs Chile Under 17 WC.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
Thank you sar.....ehehe ah hear Newsday looking for a reporter or is it Express? Look nah enough  forumities could write a reference letter fuh yuh.... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
cheers

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »
Superb write up as always touches! I felt that I was right there in the stadium :)

Good job and you should know that the time and effort you put in to writing these is valued by overseas and local forumites and visitors  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 12:08:59 AM »
Touches, I eh know what line ah wuk you in, but, unless you is jes an extremely multi-talented kinda fella, I hadda say yuh miss yuh calling, Jed.  You really need(ed) to be in creative writing.  I does read your reports and feel like I right dey walkin' een de stadium meh self and watchin' de game wit meh own 2 eyes.  Tanx, Bredda, but yuh does make meh MORE vex dat I eh dey to really actually see it wit meh own 2 eye!  Bless up!  :beermug: 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 12:26:02 AM »
Good stuff, I felt like I was there! Big-up for your enlightening match reports!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 01:01:42 AM »
I cyah lie Touches is meh favorite news reporter ... good stuff

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 04:59:59 AM »
Is stuff like this I does look forward to in every report.....

I really cant give names or numbers of players....but our Captain Schmidt is a Boss, winning everything in the air, marshalling the back, reading the game and clearing when necessary. A woodcutter at times, a florist the next. Good shift by her.

btw, she is number 5.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 05:00:03 AM »
Listen, you guys have alot to be proud of, first, you are doing a good job hosting the world in your backyards, and second, your team is not disappointing.

I tell you, I am looking forward to the day when the Jamaica Government have the resources to build football facilities around the island, so that we too can bid on hosting these international FIFA tournaments. We have the hotel rooms and highways and other critical telecom infrastructure in place, but we are lacking football facilities.  Hopefully, with the recent discovery of commercial quantities of oil of Jamaica's east cost, our governemnt can move forward into the next 10 years with a plan to develop a nationaly sports policy and fund it.

Sorry if I diverted a li'l bit, but once again, you guys have alot to be proud of.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »
Touches boy,you like the iceing on the Cake,make us proud with your reports Breds. :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 05:38:40 AM »
NO 5 d captain, nuff said  :beermug: tough like nail .
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
Yeah Touches,wonderful report.Clear understanding of the game.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 06:23:15 AM »
spot on Touches ( OLE KNEE..LOL)
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »
Cant remember the lest time i left a T&T match and left excited ! Like the last Jamaica match , when you left . there was little promise.

Our team was magnificient, as a team. There were many individual standouts.

Our captain was like Dog Andrews ! Her ability to read the game , head the ball , cover was spot on.

The right winger was effective and skilfull . She was really "roughed" up by one of the management staff , on at least two occasions, where like she was arguing back.

Our right back (#2) was strong with spot kicks etc, but i felt in the first half , she was mis kicking and committing herself into challenges too early.

The #3 striker , i felt needed to hold up the ball. As the target girl, too many time when she got the ball , she was not  holding up the ball , rather flicking on , in any direction she could. the #11 for Korea , was a good example on the night , of screening and holding before passing.

Other than that, as a team , they all covered for each other , as mistakes were made.

I think its the best team effort of any national team played locally, post beenhaker.

Seeing the Keepers , warm up , i was very suprised that the #21 started. She was , bobbling , fumbling, judgement of ball was not as good as the #1.But she held out and rose to the ocassion. I dont know if she is our #1 keeper.

The Brazil team came in during the first game and , it was beauty and strength walking through . they looked very focused and serious.

Best of luck to our team. Win loose or draw , they have brought out the warrior in "soca warriors". Based on their performance , maybe a name switch may be in order with the mens national team. Soca Warriors ......Soca Princess....lol.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 07:25:28 AM »
d men should be shame, ah bunch of slackers. stueps.
Youtube Channel

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 07:56:27 AM »
Question- Were the men"s national team at the game?

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 08:05:20 AM »
Question- Were the men"s national team at the game?

Well if they wernt there , i hope Latas was.
Them girls put Densil Theobald to shame guy !

Shux they left for Panama .

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »
I seriously think that our men's team aka the "soca bitches" needed to see these lil girls play for they country to get a reminder of what determination and heart is ....... them fellas embarassing!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
I seriously think that our men's team aka the "soca bitches"

ohhh gorrrrdddd  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
I seriously think that our men's team aka the "soca bitches" needed to see these lil girls play for they country to get a reminder of what determination and heart is ....... them fellas embarassing!

I take offence to that Ngozi. What the "Soca bitches" do so for you to be calling our SENIOR MEN"S NATIONAL TEAM by such a dergatory name? Blame the TTFF first for their lack of organisation and funding before you start to get on like is just the 11 players and Latas who fault it is that we didn't go to the world cup in 2010.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 09:51:37 AM »
Touches Bro, I was reading your report and felt that I was right there. I jus hope your real name is not Joel Bailey. :beermug:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »
Touches you boss this game star,I listen then I watched and then I read.I cannot help the water running from my eyes,man I feel so proud of these little ladies I just cannot help it... :devil:
Father just keep these little ladies eyes on the prize
Jah Blessings

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 10:21:26 AM »
It complete now Touches ah read yuh report.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
Superb write up as always touches! I felt that I was right there in the stadium :)

Good job and you should know that the time and effort you put in to writing these is valued by overseas and local forumites and visitors  :beermug:

Agreed... boss writing Touches, very detailed, very descriptive... very technical in analysis.  You have a gift for seeing things happening, understanding what's happening, remembering what you saw happening, and then describing them in vivid detail later on.  Thanks for the detailed "musings".

oh... and congrats to the young ladies and to Coach Pellerud.  I really like the approach taken with this squad from top to bottom,  front to back.  I give the TTFF credit, whatever they're doing with these young ladies they're doing it right... even if that means sitting back and leaving the coach to do his thing with his players.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »

I take offence to that Ngozi. What the "Soca bitches" do so for you to be calling our SENIOR MEN"S NATIONAL TEAM by such a dergatory name? Blame the TTFF first for their lack of organisation and funding before you start to get on like is just the 11 players and Latas who fault it is that we didn't go to the world cup in 2010.

Have to agree... them men and dem trying too, even if the results don't show it.  I doubt any of them going out there saying "let me go out there and play shit" or "let me put on this uniform and go gallery mihself and shame de country".

But this is about the young ladies....

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »

Spidey I feel bad you feel this way ... didn't mean to offend just putting my thoughts on paper so to speak.... but lewwe just for a minute forget about the ttff n latapy n all that stuff n go back to the time when the game was played on the pitch .... lewwe forget about the fact that we didn't make the world cup.. that gone  and it eh coming back...... and lewwe simplify things....... real simple like and just put it down to 11 men who have a basic understanding of the game and on the pitch representing they country.

There is one significant trait I feel "bitchifies"  a team and competitive sport ..... and it is simply "lack of effort" ..... "no fight" and a willingness to "lie down" that my friend is a choice you make .... you think the 2006 wc team was a superior team?
The truth is we were overrun by two of the three teams we played ... but we never backed down scrapped and fought for everything like men possessed.... that wasn't Beenhakker amigo that was pride for your country....... Don Leo could say this and that but he cant create the effort you put out there on the pitch only you as an individual can..... fact or fiction?

If the bullshit that going on with the ttff ... (which by the way has been going on for as long as we all know ourselves) means you cant go onto the pitch and make an effort...it simple stay off the pitch .... Our senior teams are supposed to set the example for our junior teams  instead is the other way around.... the U20 guys and the u17 girls doing that for the senior team ..... yet I need to go out their and call them soca warriors ... a name that was earned and merited by the effort of others before you?

I'm being disrespectful? ... offending their tender feelings?... f**k it ... grow some nuts and get some attitude and stop letting Jamaica come into your own stadium and rough yuh up like a bunch of yep .... "bitches".

I'm a simple guy all things considered if I cyah get cohesive, transitioned, disciplined, skill ball from my team can I at least get a f**king effort... I dunno chase down a man once in a while ....put in a tackle maybe ...ahmm when a man beat yuh i dunno maybe chase back and try and tackle him again, maybe try and win a header all before yuh make yuh smokys and bounty lime?

Why is it a white lad from England who was playing division two ball is possibly one of our biggest impact players on the team now .....why does he stand out ... you know why? .... because when the rest of them walking and watching the game pass them by he chasing it and then he chasing it again and he won't stop till the game finished ... a youth from a foreign country and yet these men who born and raise here lying down and only looking for excuses to justify their bullshit ... really?

Spidey ... yuh want meh to take that the "soca bitches" title after them men work so hard to earn it lol.

One thing is correct, this isn't about denigrading the efforts of a failing senior national men's team but rather is about celebrating the effort and I repeat "the effort" of a promising young womens junior national team...... win or lose just put in "the effort" that's all I saying coaches can only do so much you have to do it on the pitch.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:01:50 AM by Ngozi »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
Thanks for the report Touches .. good job as usual. 

Glad to see other forumites dole out recognition for your reporting/writing ability although I think it has more to do with your ability to tell a story. I made a Paul Keens Douglas comparison over a year now!..

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
Touches Bro, I was reading your report and felt that I was right there. I jus hope your real name is not Joel Bailey. :beermug:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »
Thanx for the report, I had to go to NYC, and catch mih tail to get the results.

Congratulations!!! Keep up the fight..

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

ah was waiting for somebody to come wid dis  ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 06:30:24 PM »
CNC3 highlights

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F83Te4oY7ps" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F83Te4oY7ps</a>
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>