March 28, 2024, 04:24:34 PM

Author Topic: If You Was In Charge Of Organising TnT Friendlies Before The World Cup Who....?  (Read 1671 times)

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know some people may say we are getting ahead of ourselves but its just a question and i would like to see peoples views. lets say we have qualified and u can pick 6 friendlies from december to May who would they be against and why???

heres mine.

Nigeria: we should play a typical/strong west african side as there are a few in the draw.
Morocco: they would be a good test, african nations runners up, there style is closer to european than most african teams.
Austria: not an amazing power but still a decent european side who have plenty experience playing the big boys.
Bosnia: an emerging european side who just missed out on the play-off and we need to play european teams as 7 of the 8 groups in the world cup will contain 2 euro teams.
Japan: asian champions, quick and can run all day, would be a big test for us.
Chile: simply to get a good wuk out against a strong south american team

a friendly against Denmark would also be good to see. to try help us solve the protection on our flanks, as u know denmark play the old style wingers hitting u from both sides they are a team that can rip u apart if u dont cover up well, would be interesting to see how beenie would deal with it.

i also think we should play nearly all these games away get used to playing outside the americas abit more

alot of teams would go for weaker teams, but i believe we should start preparing for the harshness of the world cup, if u dont come correct we will get humiliated in front the world, anyone remember 8-0 germany - saudi arabia. i aint on dat and im sure beenie isnt either ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 06:27:08 PM by Tallman »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
so long as we play ah friendly on ash wednesday i good ;D
and we could play tobago united towards the end to boost morale :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lol, after tobago stern might overtake pele on goals

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
ah agree with your reasons for Nigeria, Morocco/Eygpt and Denmark.

but as you correctly said..we going to have 2 Europeans in the group.
therefore i would look to play the next 3 games against Romania as they are technically sound with some skill ,Ireland or an eastern team like Albania or Lithuania who more phyiscal..and then a minnow like Luxembourg, San Marino or Faroe Islands..just to get them forwards clicking hot in the last game.
i ent see the need to play against an asian side..a north african or eastern european team should compensate for that.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeh i c ya point Feliziano , i would love to see we play san marino. latapy would have rel fun and stern would just rip up di net  :rotfl:

TrinInfinite

we should play a team from south america, concacaf, africa, europe and asia: 2 games per region

from south america, i say chile is a very good pick, attacking and physical football, but i wouldnt stop there, i would also play colombia bc dey have always traditionally been good.

from concacaf i would play jamaica bc dey physical and will allow 2 play against a team dat 90% or more dat plays 5 at de back, good wrokout 4 de strikers, another team i strongly suggest we play is de US, yes de US, it will be good practise against dem and we can actually see latapy and yorke shape up against a top ten team.

against africa, i would play nigeria and south africa, maybe a smaller country like togo or ghana, ghana would b a terrific opponent 2 face, it will test us to de limit and make us a better squad, in terms of conditioning, bc most african sides are extremely fit compared to de majority of football sides in de world

in europe, we should tackle poland, very good technical team, disciplined nation, also in europe we should also tackle sweden, good warmup, good attackers of de wing and can defend well, these are de quality of opponents we need 2 face

in asia, its japan and south korea, dats self explanatory, excellent competition for us, we will b ready by then

also i feel we should tackle england and wales, i feel dis would also b a good measuring stick for us and see how well we can handle de british isles

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I ent playing no DAMN FRIENDLY UNTIL WE BEAT BAHRAIN!!!!

Allyuh fellas getting carried away man

Nov 19th fellas Nov 19th....

Those who ignore de mistakes of the past are doomed to repeat them in de future

That said... go ahead and dream fellas  ;)

That is what we fans are supposed to do

It would be good if we could get de Unity Cup next year... de one what was cancelled in June

Trinidad
Ghana
Jamaica
Nigeria

also a camp in Holland thru beenie connections... play a couple club sides and maybe Belgium before de Cup (so long as we mash up Bahrain) *fingers crossed*
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
it will depend on who we get drawn with in our group. They usually make the draw by the end of the year or early next year. Then we try to find teams similar in style to the teams we'll be playing against in our group..plus we accept friendlies from other nations who suddenly rate us as a decent team.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
it will depend on who we get drawn with in our group. They usually make the draw by the end of the year or early next year. Then we try to find teams similar in style to the teams we'll be playing against in our group..plus we accept friendlies from other nations who suddenly rate us as a decent team.

The Draw will be on December 9th in Liepzig, Germany
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:56:28 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

I would not play Jamaica at all!

Dat game go get to physical as hte rivalry will be strong.

And dey go want to beat we bad..in fact more dan usual because we in WC and dey not.

Besides all dis is pure speculation as we eh beat Bahrain yet!

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeh frig playin jamaica, might injure we men for spite  :'(

but it dont make sense playing usa and them because we done play them how much time, need to play similar teams, and yeh after the draw we will know exactly who to choose

1]; } ?>