March 28, 2024, 08:32:56 PM

Author Topic: Warriors suffer another humiliating defeat.  (Read 12740 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors suffer another humiliating defeat.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 11:52:57 AM »
Humiliating doesn't even begin to describe it... 2 penalties??? (although the second one suspiciously looks like a 7.5 from the judges, if but only for the splash) we look real poor at times...

That second goal still hurtin',  real 4ah-side defending dey... no heart, no intensity...

Ah wonder if dem fellas hear de crowd? Dais how de travelling support supposed to sound...

On ah side note though World Champions, Spain colleck 4 so The Football Gods, was really enjoyin' deyself dey last night...

Time, time for change, or it's de same ting again...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
In all fairness..d boys play alot better in the 2nd half.  

dem 2 penalties was harsh....plus the officials were Panamanian.

d 2nd goal was a definate shit goal...very bad defending ....no one could clear it out d box...

some good build up play in the end but we lacking firepower for sure...but as dey say rebuilding faze..

I dont see this as Latas fault ....mental lapses yes but it was not a humiliating defeat as the headline says...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
Hey idoit this is Panama we talking about here NOT f**kIN ENGLAND

Bamsee when yuh learn tuh spell idiot..then talk ...btw since when England wuz good..dey win anything recently..?? ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »
After he gets sacked by TTFF in shame lets see WHO will hire this BAG OF SHIT

You need to calm down. The man is a national hero and doesn't deserve that level of disrespect. It is fine to dislike his coaching style, but don't get carried away. You are just ruining your credibility here.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw</a>

1:21 - what kinda f**ked up schoolboy defendin is that??  ???

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »
SPEACHLESS
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
The man not capable, he's definitely not a miracle worker...A good player doesn't necessarily mean a good coach...We need a capable and experienced coach to really handle these bunch of misfits..These boys need all the help they can get and sorry Latapy is not the man for this job.. Maybe in ten or 15 years but right now NO. By the way, by losing all these games, wouldn't our FIFA rankings plummet and jeopardize our players who rely on good rankings for work permits and what not.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »

You need to calm down. The man is a national hero and doesn't deserve that level of disrespect. It is fine to dislike his coaching style, but don't get carried away. You are just ruining your credibility here.

he is a national SHITHONG
You are just ruining your credibility here.

hOW DOES MY "CREDIBILITY" AFFECT OUR NATIONAL TEAM?

Bray j@ck@$$. Bray
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
Would love to see this game, missed it (was at a Jonas Brothers Concert...LOL). But from the little I see there it seems to me the team playing a different brand..or trying to. A Brand I would like to see. ...AKA, no more boom kick football. It looks like they working on it. So me eh know. Midfield kinda look like they want to play a possession brand in attack and it looking ok too. They eh learn the defensive aspect of that brand yet though.

Defensively, there is no work ethic. Defenders either outnumbered or jogging or ballwatching while aggressive forwards doing what they feel like and standing where they want free as a bird. The mental aspect is still not there. That first goal, the defender should have been in the forward backpocket forcing him and the ball to the line. How yuh go allow a turn like that and get beat so there boy? From the time that ball was bouncing to the forward, he was supposed to feel body heat on his back. Dais not just coaching fellas, is just a natural thing yuh does do unthinkingly, when yuh playing defence. Waaay too much room. Them fellas need psychological help.

The forwards like they eh sure how or when  to push on and go to goal with aggressive intent. The thing is, I could see them like they trying to think it out, but the ideas coming slowly. Its all a mental problem with this team...always has been.

Fuh reggaefan.....Panama might be competition for Jamaica, but they've not been overly competitive for us.

Allyuh hush.......some more games might just right the ship.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »

Well said brother these people should stick to the issue at hand it's about his coaching plain and simple.I have not seen russell in over 10 years,we're friends and have been since high school but I would tell him in his face the job of coaching is beyond his capabilities,but as a player I class him with some of the best in the world and he has been a great ambassador for our football,dedicated to his task whenever he was called on and loves his country.

The idea that someone would suggest he be afraid to walk the streets is utter nonsense,disrespectful,inflamatory and should be considered a threat and immediately ask to rescind those remarks or terminated from this site.         

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »
The idea that someone would suggest he be afraid to walk the streets is utter nonsense,disrespectful,inflamatory and should be considered a threat and immediately ask to rescind those remarks or terminated from this site.         
This is not a threat and I will not apologise to a person that has no respect for his own abilities. That latapy would continue to train the same crop of players and reap the same or even worse results have not gone un-noticed. It was latapy decision to select a local group of players to "rebuild" the national team leaving out many top players in the process. No one knows what he is trying to accomplish with his selection after it is clearly visable the culprits in the squad with no change what-so-ever.

You are his freind? Then call him and tell him what you think, if he don't respect the views of the general public on his selection and tactics what makes you think he will listen to you?

I hate to say it but as soon as qualification for major tournaments start and everyone starts to feel the heat what I wrote may become a reality. Whatever little Latas did in his lifetime as a player will not help him now that everyone is demanding results against teams on paper we should stomp.
Luckly for me this site is adminstrated by people who understands how the fans feel about the current situation. Quite frankly I wouldn't caer to much if I got banned from this site for speaking my mind, infact I have stopped supporting this shit squad latapy made for quite some times, jus sitting back watching the freak show.

You should be ashamed to call him your frien. If you not, I am ashamed for you.

QUESTION FOR YOU SMARTASS. HOW MANY MORE GOALS MUST TNT LET IN BEFORE WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT OUR DEFENSE?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:51:11 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »
Here is some fun stats for you under latapy we have won 3 total games.

We beat ST Kits, Antigua and El Salvador.

We lost eight times conceding 28 goals in 11 games total, that's on average a wooping 2.6 goals we getting in we arse everytime we hit the field. ONLY A MORON would not change his defense. ONLY A MORON.

No dread we can do better than this. LET THE UNDER 17'S girls play in the digicel cup, alteast they have some pride and passion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:31:35 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 05:00:18 PM »
Dont worry. More games against Belize, Montserrat, Cayman and yes Bermuda (who almost knocked us out) will get the boys prepared for 2014  :rotfl:. I am pretty sure if we round up some of the posters on here we could beat them as well. Watch how our fifa ranking (which doesnt really mean much) drop.  

If I was management I would cancel the games against Antigua and Belize. The resources being used to play Antigua and Belize could be used against much better quality opposition. Such as Venezuela, Haiti, Panama. Trust me playing these teams will give them an idea of what they need to do to qualify.

Now lets not get it twisted. Many of the guys playing are very talented and skillful. But there is a problem with team coordination. If you noticed they barely got the ball across the half. And at some point it seemed as if a few of them were playing for Panama.

When I was young, a coach told me that I was fast and skillful but if I wanted to be a good player I should always keep a count of my mistakes. I think management need to start of with at least that. Trust me it works.

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 05:02:46 PM »
Dem defenders look real dotish for all dem goals yes.   The team look ok on the attack...not good...just ok.   Well Latas was never a defensive type of player so I guess as a coach, teaching and enforcing good ball winning and no-nonsense defense is not his strong point.  Hopefully when the more seasoned foreign based pros link up with the local guys,we can get better performances and results.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
Dem defenders look real dotish for all dem goals yes.   The team look ok on the attack...not good...just ok.   Well Latas was never a defensive type of player so I guess as a coach, teaching and enforcing good ball winning and no-nonsense defense is not his strong point.  Hopefully when the more seasoned foreign based pros link up with the local guys,we can get better performances and results.

You know what. We will. But it always comes too late.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:56 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 10:06:55 PM »
OK ..OK

STOP  playing de fittball

:rotfl:

:rotfl:
Seriously though, we have a professional league in T&T, one of the top leagues in the Caribbean and our players still making simple school boy blunders. Best we just stop the league and have a men's developmental program where we learn how receive and pass, defend individually, defend as a team, possess the ball, finish, etc.
I even have a few coaching books and dvd's I'll be willing to donate to the program. Even with a local squad we should be able to hold our own against Panama and come away with a respectable result not 3-0.

Offline rastarocket7

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
this was the first match ive seen since the WC tnt team.. you guys are comin real hard at these boys.. there playin away, tho be it vs a shitty panama side, it cant be an easy situation. they got screwed on a couple calls.. but when they settle down and pass the ball around they look decent.. they play like a team that has no chemesty. theres alot to learn from losing. this game didnt count for shit so relax and support this team. we dont need to be hating on our own shit.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/asX-zHw9kRw</a>

1:21 - what kinda f**ked up schoolboy defendin is that??  ???
latapy's school boys

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors go down 3-0 to Panama
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
Warriors go down 3-0 to Panama
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team suffered another defeat at likely Concacaf World Cup opponents, this time going down 3-0 to Panama at the Rommel Fernandez Stadium on Tuesday night.

Russell Latapy’s men took a while to settle down and were punished in the 13th minute when Edwin Aguilar turned two defenders before clinically hitting past goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams to put the home team 1-0 ahead to the delight of a noisy home crowd of around 12,000.

Moments earlier, in the 9th minute, T&T had to thank Williams for pulling off a save to deny a penalty after he had pulled down Aguilar.

The quick start by the Panamanians had T&T on the backfoot from early on as skipper Trent Noel and Densill Theobald trying their best to settle things in the middle for the visitors. Devon Jorsling had a first half effort go over bar and another saved low down by the goalkeeper. Panama enjoyed a 56 percent advantage in possession to T&T’s 44 percent in the first half.

T&T had a much better start to the second half as Latapy seemed to have gotten his directives through to the players during the break.

The “Soca Warriors” began with more purpose, maintaining god possession going forward and controlled the pace for the opening 15 minutes of the second half. Kareem Young also made his international debut, coming on for Theobald in the 77th.

On 52 minute, Theobald played a good diagonal ball on the right to Hayden Tinto and his deep cross found Jorsling but the Defence Force marksman could only see his low shot pushed out for a corner on the near post.

Substitute Jovin Jones also tried his luck with a left footer which was well saved and on 57 minutes Theobald was again involved in the build up as Jones floated in a neat left side cross for Jason Marcano but his header drifted inches wide of the upright.

Substitute Tejada put Panama 2-0 ahead against the run of play, punishing T&T for some poor defensive work as three attempted clearances failed allowing Tejada to rifle past substitute goalkeeper Marvin Phillip from the six yard box.

Defender Kern Cupid was then adjudged to have committed a foul inside the penalty box allowing Gabriel Gomez to cheekily chip past Phillip on 87 minutes for a 3-0 lead.

. Latapy put on Ataulla Guerra and striker Kerry Baptiste later on but there was little that could be done to salvage a result for T&T by then.

Noel had a late effort for T&T, with a left footer which was pushed out on the near right post by goalkeeper Jose Calderon.

Latapy was notably disappointed with the result but added that he there were some positives with the way his team controlled the flow of the match in the second half before conceding its second goal.

Theobald added : “We came here looking to get a good result and it didn’t happen. I think we started slow but we kept in there after conceding early. We had a much better game in the second half and for moments I thought we were going to get that equalizer but then they got their second goal and we didn’t come back from there. Overall, the result was very disappointing but it’s a good opportunity for us to have the kind of matches here before the upcoming Digicel Caribbean Cup and the Gold Cup next year. We will face these same kind of opponents in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers also,” Theobald added.

Trinidad & Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams (1.Marvin Phillip 46’); 5.Kern Cupid, 19.Daneil Cyrus, 6.Keston Williams, 3.Aklie Edwards (14.Jovin Jones 46th); 10.Hayden Tinto, 18.Densil Theobald (Kareem Young 77’), 11.Kevon Carter (2.Ataullah Guerra 56’); 13.Jason Marcano (4.Kerry Baptiste 70’), 8.Trent Noel,9.Devon Jorsling.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 08:26:19 AM »
boss defending on da 2nd goal boys!

PANAMA CITY (AP)—Edwin Aguilar, Luis Tejada and Gabriel Gomez all scored to lead Panama past Trinidad and Tobago 3-0 in an international friendly Tuesday.

Interim Panama coach Jorge Dely left many of his regular players on the bench, looking at new faces for next year’s Central American championship.

Aguilar scored in the 13th and Tejada added his in the 75th. Gomez wrapped up the scoring on an 87th-minute penalty.

Panama drew 2-2 on Friday in a friendly with Costa Rica, one of the regional powers. Neither Panama nor Trinidad played at the World Cup in South Africa.

WE GET THREE FROM A SECOND STRING PANAMA SIDE WHAT THE HELL I READING BOY   :frustrated:
WHEN WILL THE SHIT END? CAN WE GET ANOTHER DUTCH COACH OR A FREAKING US COACH PLEASE!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:29:33 AM by grskywalker »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2010, 08:34:35 AM »
With all due respect Latas I was 100% a fan while you played, no one could touch you, but please, please do some more courses, attend international coaching seminars and maybe work with our youth teams but I really don't think you are ready for this level Please do some introspection, there is no shame. I will support but we have got to start getting some results :waiting:

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
Im starting to think that this is a master plan by the TTFF aka Jack Warner to make our Senior men team look bad in the eyes of the population.
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »
WE GET THREE FROM A SECOND STRING PANAMA SIDE WHAT THE HELL I READING BOY   :frustrated:
WHEN WILL THE SHIT END? CAN WE GET ANOTHER DUTCH COACH OR A FREAKING US COACH PLEASE!!!!!!!

YOU REALIZE WE FIELDED A SECOND STRING TNT SIDE?
WHAT THE HELL I READING BOY

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2010, 09:23:34 AM »
Im starting to think that this is a master plan by the TTFF aka Jack Warner to make our Senior men team look bad in the eyes of the population.
:thinking:

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »
:thinking:
???

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »
What if Latas have the last laugh in 2012/2013?

What if this is the plan drawn up by the TTFF technical staff?

What if this actually worked out in the end?

Are we asking for to much?

Are our expectations unrealistic?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
What if Latas have the last laugh in 2012/2013?

What if this is the plan drawn up by the TTFF technical staff?

What if this actually worked out in the end?

Are we asking for to much?

Are our expectations unrealistic?

wha is de plan... play dead to ketch cobo alive?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2010, 10:58:28 AM »
In my little knowledge TnT never had a strong solid back four. It always had a heart attack man in the back. Maybe the TD needs to do a coaching program specifically geared to this so that we can start a pipeline from young . If somebody could pull a few links and get a defensive specialist to come for 6 months and do some knowledge transference it will do us a whole lot of good.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
In my little knowledge TnT never had a strong solid back four. It always had a heart attack man in the back. Maybe the TD needs to do a coaching program specifically geared to this so that we can start a pipeline from young . If somebody could pull a few links and get a defensive specialist to come for 6 months and do some knowledge transference it will do us a whole lot of good.
Someone like Faustin?

1]; } ?>