March 28, 2024, 11:56:11 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Belize Game (10-Sept-2010).  (Read 17035 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Belize Game (10-Sept-2010).
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
Wait nuh... Belize hold we to a draw??

wdmc

Yuh sure is dem who hold we?

Maybe is we dat did hold dem
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
  • 56 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com
    • View Profile
    • The Roon Ba international Team Sports
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »
Well, so far we have that one guy's unconfirmed reports of a 0-0 draw, where he doesn't mention where he got the info from.  I've also just had some unconfirmed news (from Belize) that the match might be playing today instead.

I asked the following question on a Belize forum

"Hey guys, anyone in Belize that can give any information about the football match yesterday? Belize were playing Trinidad & Tobago in Belmopan, and it seems that the result of the match is a secret!"

Reply from a Belizean:

"Maybe because it's today?"
(then he went offline)

???
50 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »
Well, so far we have that one guy's unconfirmed reports of a 0-0 draw, where he doesn't mention where he got the info from.  I've also just had some unconfirmed news (from Belize) that the match might be playing today instead.

"Hey guys, anyone in Belize that can give any information about the football match yesterday? Belize were playing Trinidad & Tobago in Belmopan, and it seems that the result of the match is a secret!"

Reply from a Belizean:

(then he went offline)

???

Belize - T & T  :   0-0

http://roonba.com/

confirmed by FIFA
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/index.html

i dunno how accurate that guy from belize is...
 ::)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »
Wait nuh... Belize hold we to a draw??

wdmc

Yuh sure is dem who hold we?

Maybe is we dat did hold dem

At this stage I wouldn't be surprised  :-[

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
There was always that chance that we could have lost that match,at least the players showed some strength and composure after 2 bad beatings to avoid a third defeat.Belize are a fast developing team and we are at a very low,maybe the lowest point that TT football has ever been.All the ingrediants were there for a failure so we can take that result as a plus whatever you may think about Belize.I dont think that RL has what it takes to be TTs coach,agood example is Wim,he did so much better with our home grown players,he never did get the foreign players when he needed,he did much better than RL in an exact situation.RL just doesn't seem to have it.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
Guys just checked a site called soccer punter and it says the game started about half an hour ago apparently it seems like it was postponed yesterday. I'm monitoring the situation,but something fishy.. ???

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »

Reply from a Belizean:

(then he went offline)

???

confirmed by FIFA
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/index.html

i dunno how accurate that guy from belize is...
 ::)

FIFA get their results from 3rd party sources - as do I sometimes if I cannot find the result elsewhere (I am the webmaster of roonba.com).  The guy on here and also an e-mail with the supposed result convinced me that the score was 0-0 (hence why I put it on my site), but it's entirely possible that these people were mistaken.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2010, 01:45:02 PM »
Okay ah reach and fellas this is not a bad scoreline. In fact it is a step in the right direction. This is the first clean sheet we have kept since Latas took over apart from the El Salvador home win.

Once our defense is solid we will not let in many goals. Atleast we won't get trashed, I will take that over a 4-1 scoreline anyday, infact I rather we not score and get a draw than to score and lose badly.

-2cents.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2010, 01:49:08 PM »
I rather we not score and get a draw than to score and lose badly.

genius  :-\
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2010, 01:52:51 PM »

FIFA get their results from 3rd party sources - as do I sometimes if I cannot find the result elsewhere (I am the webmaster of roonba.com).  The guy on here and also an e-mail with the supposed result convinced me that the score was 0-0 (hence why I put it on my site), but it's entirely possible that these people were mistaken.

Thanks for coming here and updating us then... I just checked the FIFA link and the game's not even listed there.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
Okay ah reach and fellas this is not a bad scoreline. In fact it is a step in the right direction. This is the first clean sheet we have kept since Latas took over apart from the El Salvador home win.

Once our defense is solid we will not let in many goals. Atleast we won't get trashed, I will take that over a 4-1 scoreline anyday, infact I rather we not score and get a draw than to score and lose badly.

-2cents.

I admire your optimism, but perhaps the clean sheet was due more to a lack of offensive quality on the part of Belize, rather than the result of a solid defensive display on our part.

No disrespect to Belize, but they should never be used as the yard stick with which we measure our progress. I will reserve comment on our progress for when we play teams with more footballing pedigree than Belize....... oh, wait....  :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:08:23 PM by Michael-j »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »
allyuh feel we reach rock bottom?? well i here to tell allyuh to walk with allyuh shovel and start to dig.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:25:29 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »
I hearing different things, we draw, game get delay. We don't have any press officer over there? or nobody in the media have a number for the team management to get a score?
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2010, 04:24:56 PM »
allyuh feel we reach rock bottom?? well i hear to tell allyuh to walk with allyuh shovel and start to dig.

All yuh 4get we i d Land of d LIMBO. So iz how low we can GOOOOOOOOO.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1372&Itemid=1

Confirmed, match ended 0-0 yesterday.

Also, T&T has pulled out of the 3-nation tournament in Antigua, leaving Antigua & Barbuda to play St.Lucia in a single friendly match.  Also looks as though the 6th October match in Bermuda is off as it is mentioned that the next match is 10th October against Jamaica.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »
lord
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
lord

Doh 4 get fadder. LORDDDDDDD FADDERRRRRRR
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »
allyuh feel we reach rock bottom?? well i here to tell allyuh to walk with allyuh shovel and start to dig.

the quicksand is deep

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »

the quicksand is deep

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2010, 08:43:31 PM »
I starting my conspiracy theory now.

Latas like he realize it eh making sense with the local players. I feel after dat belize match he realize dat the hatchet men will be calling for his job and he dont want these local players producing any more poor results. 

The Jamaica game is an official FIFA international match date and he calling back every foreign based available to save he wuk. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 08:45:19 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
Guys relax is not that the team is not good is just when we meet a team dat is not good we would draw and when we meet a team that is better than us we get we ass cut  ;D ;D

As i said  before the facking guys kah take tactical soccer training as a team and the coach int ready yet so the problems there is double .

sellout laterz int going anywhere because when jack told him and sellout Dwight to jump on board they did so guys be prepared for ah long, long heart acheee with headache, heartburn ,shitting's and everthing that comes with disappointments .     
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
RL is doing something that I personally think is a good idea,he is trying to give the home players exposure and experience at a higher level.This bodes well for the future in cases where the foreign players are injured or is not given clearance by their clubs.We have seen time and again how foreign managers behave when its time to release players for"mickey mouse" matches,stick to your plan and some benefits should be achieved.We have quite a good foreign contingent,Hyland,Edwards,Jones,Scotland,Samuel,Jloyd,Thompson,Birchill to name a few,I dont think many from home would be starters.
I like many on here dont think RL has what it takes to be an international coach at this level but he could still prove us wrong,lets see how he goes in the Digicel,we should be expecting nothing less than 1st or 2nd,if not the ttfa should replace him.If he cannot identify or recognise players with ability after all these matches,then something is drastically wrong with him or with TT footballers or both.

This sounds like a very enlightend post and it made me do a second take as I myself was getting weary with the "Latapy-is-a-clueless-shittong" spin. I was beginning to feel strongly swayed that he is really out of his league until I read this post. The only thing though, is that normally in T&T there is real pressure on coaches to get wins to make you look good to counter the critics by conveniently using foreign based stars with only a few years of shelf-life, at the expense of developing the locals with the risk of losses. I wonder how he feels taking that risk that sacrifices one's legacy in the eyes of very critical fans who want wins NOW!!!! ... not later when it counts.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »
RL is doing something that I personally think is a good idea,he is trying to give the home players exposure and experience at a higher level.This bodes well for the future in cases where the foreign players are injured or is not given clearance by their clubs.We have seen time and again how foreign managers behave when its time to release players for"mickey mouse" matches,stick to your plan and some benefits should be achieved.We have quite a good foreign contingent,Hyland,Edwards,Jones,Scotland,Samuel,Jloyd,Thompson,Birchill to name a few,I dont think many from home would be starters.
I like many on here dont think RL has what it takes to be an international coach at this level but he could still prove us wrong,lets see how he goes in the Digicel,we should be expecting nothing less than 1st or 2nd,if not the ttfa should replace him.If he cannot identify or recognise players with ability after all these matches,then something is drastically wrong with him or with TT footballers or both.

This sounds like a very enlightend post and it made me do a second take as I myself was getting weary with the "Latapy-is-a-clueless-shittong" spin. I was beginning to feel strongly swayed that he is really out of his league until I read this post. The only thing though, is that normally in T&T there is real pressure on coaches to get wins to make you look good to counter the critics by conveniently using foreign based stars with only a few years of shelf-life, at the expense of developing the locals with the risk of losses. I wonder how he feels taking that risk that sacrifices one's legacy in the eyes of very critical fans who want wins NOW!!!! ... not later when it counts.
Breds, give it up nah, yuh loss yuh case already, appeal denied! is not like the man is ah sh!t hound, but more so a stubborn mule who full of the rancor that most local coaches suffer with, and that is curry favoritism!

he likes what he likes and ignores all other avenues. yuh want tuh bet despite the fact that he's seeing the locals eh able, will still field an all out local team to the degicel cup without regard for the emotions of the fans if failure should arise from his experimentation?  that's the kinda man you defending?

yuh nostalgia has gotten the better of you. the man is an imps dread, and don't think i don't like the fella, i love russell the player, but russell the coach is an imps!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:55:06 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>