April 19, 2024, 01:09:44 AM

Poll

Should Latapy continue to coach our beloved national team?

HELL NO
27 (77.1%)
YES HE IS PRO
6 (17.1%)
CAN I KILL MYSELF NOW?
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Latapy from Legend to Scapegoat  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Latapy from Legend to Scapegoat
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
I decided to make a new poll for this because it seems as thou the faithfuls from before have a different perspective on what this national team needs and don't.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 07:46:03 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy from Hero to Zero
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:49 PM »
Latas will ALWAYS be a HERO hoss

His deeds ON THE PITCH will never be erased from our memories no matter how much tata he might do as a coach.

Russell Latapy, is, always was, and will always be a LEGEND of T&T football.

Yes his coaching stint leavin a lot to be desired but is not like he gettin de resources dat peeps like Beenie and even Bertille dem had available to them. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
If this was any other country latapy would NOT be able to walk the streets without security.

Stop talking sh*t
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
Everytime he puts that shit team on the pitch i feel like commiting suicide

Please spare us from your ignorance.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:17:55 PM »

His deeds ON THE PITCH will never be erased from our memories no matter how much tata he might do as a coach.

Yes his coaching stint leavin a lot to be desired but is not like he gettin de resources dat peeps like Beenie and even Bertille dem had available to them. 

Thanks palos. Talk done.

The OP clealy has problems above and beyond the national team

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 12:26:30 PM »

like what ? ..... access to players 3 times a week for training ... warm up games etc .... this team should be doing better  ...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:28:18 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:30 PM »
when is the last time we play wit a full side e.g. jones, birchall, jloyd, etc.

maybe latas experimenting to find some new blood?

maybe he bosses forcing the selection of certain players?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »
Latapy will always be a hero to me and I will forever respect his contribution to the game...That being said I don't believe that he is the man to take us to the World Cup.. Our national team is filled with so much problems already that any capable and experienced coach would find succeeding extremely difficult..I am slowly beginning to believe that Latapy is being set up to fail by the administration..Get out while you still can.!!!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

Thanks palos. Talk done.

The OP clealy has problems above and beyond the national team

You are correct! We should give latapy a medal of honor for his continous failures.

Wtf you people expect from me? Understanding?" Understanding was the loss against Jamaica at home, understanding was the failure to qualify for the world cup. How much longer do we have to suffer from his poor selection and tactics before someone goes f**kin nutts ...

If yuh going "nutts" because a local football team and coach shitting themselves I suggest you stop watching football. Yuh talking about suicide and all kinda assholery...Calm the fack down and stop taking it personally. They not doing it to hurt yuh feelings, they trying, they just not good enough at this time.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
is the coach or the entire system?

we eh have no great setta results since 2006 except for the semi round of the last WC qualification run.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tri/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html#

look how we only playing local players against the like of guyana and st. kitts upmteen times but JA (who eh make  WC since 98) playing their full side vs. argentina, peru, ecuador, nigeria, south africa, and canada.

we should win the next 4 though - believe, antigua, st. lucia and guyana.

it always nice to tap up chirren smaller than you.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=jam/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:43:43 PM by Andre »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »
I say take his passport away and send him back to portugal where they dont know how bad he is

You burn yours yet??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 12:43:27 PM »

we eh have no great setta results since 2006 except for the semi round of the last WC qualification run.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tri/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html#

What makes Latapy so sacrosanct that we feel we shouldn't question his capabilities..Latapy doesn't deserve any favours from us. If this was any other coach we would not be accepting these results and this should be no different.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »
This guy kinda different.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »

What makes Latapy so sacrosanct that we feel we shouldn't question his capabilities..Latapy doesn't deserve any favours from us. If this was any other coach we would not be accepting these results and this should be no different.

i eh saying latas is a boss or even a good coach. but until u field your best players vs. better opponents, the TTFF wasting trini football supporter time.

i rather go see horse racing than a t&t pro league XI vs. small island side another time. nothing accomplished for coach, country or players.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
easy shotta
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 01:05:58 PM »

What resources does he need to put out respectable performances against de likes of Jamaica and Panama??
and which ones he don't have right now?? look man

shotta12 need to take ah xanax or something though
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:08:02 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »
easy shotta

sorry man... ah cyah take this no more.. i exploded..

LOL WHO VOTE YES?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
easy shotta

sorry man... ah cyah take this no more.. i exploded..

LOL WHO VOTE YES?

latapy  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »

What resources does he need to put out respectable performances against de likes of Jamaica and Panama??
and which ones he don't have right now?? look man

shotta12 need to take ah xanax or something though

Breds....I not advocatin FOR Latas as coach yuh know.

I find he doin shit too.  But regardless of whether he is a good coach or not, de fact remains dat he still doh have de resources available to him dat other coaches had.

ANYBODY operatin in dat environment would struggle.   Would they struggle as bad?  Maybe not.  Wim operated in a similar environment and we saw decent, competitive performances.  So to me....Wim is a much better option than Latas.  

But dat is not de point really.  De point is, what Latas has been given to work with is sub par.  When he had the team durin de Hex, people was pointin out dat de team was performin much better then than when Maturana was in charge.  If daz de case, dis proves dat as a coach, yuh only as good as de players yuh have at yuh disposal.  It also shows how good Wim was.  And ah still say Maturana was and is a much better coach dan Latas.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »
Breds everyone here that knows anything about football can tell you we have  serious defensive problems.

It is nothing new, teams can score anytime on us, Costa Rica proved it in Tobago and even then latapy have changed everything but his backline of Cupid, Makan, Abu Bakr and Akilie, none of which is barely pro league level.

Latapy continuously decides to keep faith in the players when they have shown no qualities or improvement after so many training sessions and practice matches against minnows in the area.

Now we have all pleaded in the past about our defensive players and structure but latapy probably doesn't read these boards, don't care or doing something illegal with this national team which is betting on the opposition to win money. This is all I can come up with.

How many times and why would you risk your carreer on proven failures over and over again?

If he isn't stupid then wtf is he? He certainly ain't no national hero of mine. THATS FOR DAMM SURE
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:28:50 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »
Breds....I not advocatin FOR Latas as coach yuh know.

I find he doin shit too.  But regardless of whether he is a good coach or not, de fact remains dat he still doh have de resources available to him dat other coaches had.

ANYBODY operatin in dat environment would struggle.   Would they struggle as bad?  Maybe not.  Wim operated in a similar environment and we saw decent, competitive performances.  So to me....Wim is a much better option than Latas.  

But dat is not de point really.  De point is, what Latas has been given to work with is sub par.  When he had the team durin de Hex, people was pointin out dat de team was performin much better then than when Maturana was in charge.  If daz de case, dis proves dat as a coach, yuh only as good as de players yuh have at yuh disposal.  It also shows how good Wim was.  And ah still say Maturana was and is a much better coach dan Latas.

I hear yuh, but he shooting heself in de foot by not calling the MLS and A-league based players who are available...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »
Some people actually vote for CAN I KILL MYSELF NOW ???

Ah think some counseling might be in order

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »
Guys look at the utube link for the match against panama once more. Look at how these trini players fighting with each other. Look at bleeder cussing men. Look at the discipline of this team and think to yourself is this our side?

Jus look at the way we played up front, not one good build up on goal, it was scrappy and makeshift. Panama looked more fit and had a game plan it was clear we didn't have a clue wtf we doing.

These players either don't have any pride or going threw some kinda mental depression, why are they on the field?

There is so many things wrong with this team is it unbelieveable that latas had this team for so long, jus look at these losers. I am not going to be part of this. I am a hard worker and if I can't get a job done the way it should be guess what I will come out and say it, not mislead a nation into thinking anything different.

Latapy if you are reading this, you have shamed this country time and time again, it is time for you to leave.

Point well taken..but who do you recommend as a plausible coach (right now) to replace Latapy ?
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
I would give a pro league coach a trial, it is the best thing we can do for an interm coach until we can find a suitable replacement.

A decent pro league none biased coach will know the player pool enough to make solid decisions.

In the meantime TTFF should suspend latapy and the team should do without a coach until Jack find someone we can afford. I am no pro scout for low budget coaches, but I know when a team isn't going anywhere.

If we call in some of the faithful boys in the USA win the digicel cup and put some money in TTFF pockets we might find things easier than it is.
Also with this current squad of players who in their right minds will go pay to see this nonsense?

How will this group earn money or the respect of the public continuing on this path of lazy wileman tactics?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:52:37 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »
look how we only playing local players against the like of guyana and st. kitts upmteen times but JA (who eh make  WC since 98) playing their full side vs. argentina, peru, ecuador, nigeria, south africa, and canada.

Get that straight, Jamaica are not using its "full side". for these friendly games. Noneof the guys in England played in the last 3 friendlies, except Omar Daley, who last represent Jamaica over 2 years ago.

Also, your football is only as good as the bench. If you rely on only 11 players to win games everytime you play, what will happen when thee players not available?

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
^^ This is not the thread to start defending Jamaica, yuh want tuh get flamed? Continue

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
DON'T BLAME LATAS!
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »
Put the blame on the organization that lacks the VISION to see that you can't put someone to coach a team... that is rebuilding... at this level with little coaching experience.

Leave Latas there for a few more years of embarrassing result and he will get better... but someone got to tell TTFF that you don't put a person to coach at the international level to learn how to coach.

I DON'T THINK THAT TTFF ORGANIZATION HAS SOME CLUE AS TO WHAT NATIONAL PRIDE MEANS FOR OVER ONE MILLION FANS??

Here is a small advise for Latas.. when you coaching don't think of how easy it was for you as a player. These players you are coaching will never come close to your standard as a player. Treat these players as very weak players and the only way to help them... is to coach BASICS and don't take it for granted that they know how to play basics at the international level, cause playing basics football at the international level in NOT the same as as playing in the TT pro league, these player just don't understand this but it's a coach job to give them a wake up call.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DON'T BLAME LATAS!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »
Put the blame on the organization that lacks the VISION to see that you can't put someone to coach a team... that is rebuilding... at this level with little coaching experience.

Leave Latas there for a few more years of embarrassing result and he will get better... but someone got to tell TTFF that you don't put a person to coach at the international level to learn how to coach.

I DON'T THINK THAT TTFF ORGANIZATION HAS SOME CLUE AS TO WHAT NATIONAL PRIDE MEANS FOR OVER ONE MILLION FANS??

Here is a small advise for Latas.. when you coaching don't think of how easy it was for you as a player. These players you are coaching will never come close to your standard as a player. Treat these players as very weak players and the only way to help them... is to coach BASICS and don't take it for granted that they know how to play basics at the international level, cause playing basics football at the international level in NOT the same as as playing in the TT pro league, these player just don't understand this but it's a coach job to give them a wake up call.

Breds ah piece of advice,think before yuh write.I was'nt going to respond but I figure I go be the experiment....

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
Sorry Saga... if you don't understand the game at this level.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
Sorry Saga... if you don't understand the game at this level.
:timeout:  What is there to understand??!! the man is clueless!! fellas like dunga and maradona who qualified and took their teams to the WC and got to the quarter finals, ( mind you, which is a huge achievement) was not good enough for their federation to continue on as coach.

So you suggesting that we aim low when other federations are hell bent on better results? that's why TNT does always underachieve, BC we are an extremely unambitious country. in 2008 we continued with another clueless coach and he cost us a trip to the region's only prestigious and show piece tournament( the gold cup) where regional players gain exposure to international scouting.

now you suggesting that we leave latas for another two yrs? yuh fall and bump yuh head as ah baby or what??

latas insist on using fellas who since maturana time was given countless opportunities tuh prove their worth and improve as defenders, but in spite of all the failures they are still part of the national defensive fixtures even though they continue to show that they're incapable (eh able) wid this level of football.

and in spite of the obvious, russell continues down the same path without regard or concern for the true hardcore fans. he have tuh go! not next week, not next month, not next yr, but NOW!! or else he will cost us another trip to the gold cup, and god knows what else!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:52:54 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>