March 28, 2024, 09:32:28 AM

Poll

Should Latapy continue to coach our beloved national team?

HELL NO
27 (77.1%)
YES HE IS PRO
6 (17.1%)
CAN I KILL MYSELF NOW?
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Latapy from Legend to Scapegoat  (Read 7643 times)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy from Hero to Zero
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »
those plays are not good cuz de problem in the players guys. you c that poor quality skill of play.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »
NO he is stupid and everything he did good is been forgotten day by day. Everytime he puts that shit team on the pitch i feel like commiting suicide and he keeps putting faith in these LOSERS!

Latapy is so f**kin stupid he built this team around bleeders. HOW RETARDED CAN U BE?

Latapy is the most dumbest idiot in world football.

He is no hero, he is a scumbag THAT IS FULL OF SHIT. NO EDUCATION 

Saddist what really going on with you ... like you on drugs or something?
We get it he ain't the greatest coach ... no need to go overboard ... wtf

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
We need a coach for our head coach. Maybe I went overboard and I am sorry. My country football gets me very emotional especially when I know we can do so much better even with a local squad.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 04:50:11 PM »
I say take his passport away and send him back to portugal where they dont know how bad he is

You burn yours yet??

With a little luck he'll actually follow thru on that... and a couple of the other wayward threats he making.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
those plays are not good cuz de problem in the players guys. you c that poor quality skill of play.
Yeh , but who picking them and coaching them?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 04:56:47 PM »
I say take his passport away and send him back to portugal where they dont know how bad he is

You burn yours yet??

With a little luck he'll actually follow thru on that... and a couple of the other wayward threats he making.

Yeah he have me looking forward to de belize game more.

Anyhow.

One of de fundamental problems is de players he hadda work with. You cannot tell me that at the national level....a coach hadda be teaching players fundamentals. So de problem far deeper than that.

What i WILL hold latapy accountable for is de lack of defensive structure which would obviously impact the team. The confidence is obviously lacking for the team to do anything offensively because defensively they are poor. Maybe is due to the fact that he never really had a defensive mindset as a player is adding to this. But he needs help defensively.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:04:04 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 05:35:09 PM »
Maybe I went overboard

Understatement of the year..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »

You burn yours yet??

ent!

he always have some shit to say. so i usually ignore dat
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »

You burn yours yet??

Yeah he have me looking forward to de belize game more.

Anyhow.

One of de fundamental problems is de players he hadda work with. You cannot tell me that at the national level....a coach hadda be teaching players fundamentals. So de problem far deeper than that.

What i WILL hold latapy accountable for is de lack of defensive structure which would obviously impact the team. The confidence is obviously lacking for the team to do anything offensively because defensively they are poor. Maybe is due to the fact that he never really had a defensive mindset as a player is adding to this. But he needs help defensively.

Yuh ever read the article where terry fenwick had to pull his players from the national training sessions? well in case you didn't.

he said that latas was not helping his players BC of the lack of intensity in training , when he expected an upgrade of what his players was accustomed to, it turned out that they/ his players actually were getting less in terms of tactical awareness and fitness.

if latapy really love the country and our football he would know how much we suffered over the last 5 yrs and do the decent thing by tellin jack he/ latapy is over his head and we should implement a stallwart coach.
but knowing latas and his power tripping self, he wont budge.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
 :rotfl: @ resources......so the idiot took the job to be a lame duck.........stupes........if he was not getting the job under the right conditions then he SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN IT...........but he reaping what he so with Jack anyways so good.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 07:24:35 PM »
As a member said Latapy will always be a hero. Whether he become a good coach yes or no. And who ever dat mess wid him they will not need security but a change ofname and address. Yes I just said it. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy from Legend to Scapegoat
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 08:41:04 PM »
Latapy was a great, world class, player and will always be regarded as such.  However, that does not mean that we should sacrifice the development and success of our football team to his ineptness as a coach.  It is obvious after two years, that he is lost as a coach and tactician.  Even if the home grown players are not as good as the foreign based players, after two years there has been no improvement.  In fact, but we have taken retrograde steps.  There seems to be no system, no plan, no strategy, no design in the play.  Just kick and run - the way we used to play as 10 year-olds in the yard.  And for professional players, even for TT professionals, the skill level is horrendous.  basic ball control skills seem to be missing.  Just trapping and controlling the ball seems to be a challenge for these players.
Camps and company obviously are not allowed to make any moves or do anything without Jack Warner's approval and since Jack Warner is not paying attention (busy as Minister of Works), the incompetence of the TTFF rears its ugly head even higher than it has ever been in my lifetime - and I am 59 years old.  Does the TTFF administration have no shame?  Do they feel no compulsion to act when our team is seen around the world playing like we just discovered soccer, instead of just 5 short years ago holding Sweden to a 0-0 draw in the WC 2006 in Germany?  Please, I beg the TTFF, please do something!  Get a coach! Call our foreign professionals - all of them.  Let's get this right!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 08:50:01 PM »
Latas will ALWAYS be a HERO hoss

His deeds ON THE PITCH will never be erased from our memories no matter how much tata he might do as a coach.

Russell Latapy, is, always was, and will always be a LEGEND of T&T football.

Yes his coaching stint leavin a lot to be desired but is not like he gettin de resources dat peeps like Beenie and even Bertille dem had available to them. 

FF what about players. He doesnt have players at least not the core of local players he is trying to accrue. Of course when the big team re-assembles these players would be hard-pressed to find a spot. This is what our locals have to offer and you have to live with it. We dont fight enough, want it enough, spirited enough, run enough, trap enough, complete simple passes enough.  De only ting yuh could do with this bunch is to pray. All our players are spark-lets not star-lets and the under 20 or under 23 are miles away from beating Jamaica so dis is de best team we have (locals) and they arent good enough. Deal with it.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/news/newsid=1525044.html

Stoilov steps down as Bulgaria coach

Stoilov resigned as Bulgaria coach after his side's home defeat by Montenegro, conceding that "our chances of advancing are disappearing" following a second successive loss.

Stanimir Stoilov has resigned as Bulgaria coach following his side's 1-0 defeat by Montenegro at the Vasil Levski National Stadium in Sofia on Tuesday.

The result followed Bulgaria's 4-0 reverse in England in their opening UEFA EURO 2012 qualifier and leaves them bottom of Group G after two matches. "This was my last game as coach of Bulgaria," Stoilov said. "We lost and our chances of progressing are disappearing. Losing to Montenegro was too much."

The 43-year-old took charge of the national team in January 2009 having previously held the position for two games as caretaker coach in June 2007. Bulgaria are next in action on 8 October when they take on Wales in Cardiff

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
I cud have sworn I saw a real top ah d line post from Preacher. Now ah looking fuh it an cah find it. Huh. Any way yuh point well taken Shotta. Cool.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

AirMan

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
poll results speak volumes

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2010, 07:50:19 AM »
The #1 reason why Theodore "Tappa" Whitmore is our national coach. No money in the JFF piggybank. ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:59:17 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

1]; } ?>