April 18, 2024, 06:56:54 AM

Author Topic: Earl Jean back with W Connection.  (Read 6181 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Earl Jean back with W Connection.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »
Well, so much for Caribbean unity.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »
Well, so much for Caribbean unity.

My thoughts exactly, I know this is a forum for football but some of us seem to forget that there are other aspects to life. In my line of work, I am aware that the so called "small islands" import alot from us, Catelli, Flavorite, Sunshine, Carib, Solo, cement, lumber & other building materials, soft drinks, boxes & other packaging material, fabric and numerous other items. The majority of our exports are to these islands, & we import practically nothing from them except some ground provisions & fruits from mainly Saint Vincent & the people who bring in this stuff are really the ordinary man not the big business men.
So if we bring in a couple of small islanders to ply their trade here (I would hate to believe that the person/s who brought them here were not convinced that they had something in them) why all the fuss by some misguided persons.
What if these islanders decided to stop importing from us & started to  import from the USA (and many of their goods are cheaper than ours by the way), what would happen to our manufacturing industry. I mean people let's be more sensitive than this, let us look at the big picture.
Let us stop denigrating our fellow Caribbean nationals. In the case of Saint Lucia, Stuart Charles Fevrier was here from the 70's plying his trade after Earl John (EJ from Arima)  saw him in action in Saint Lucia, he turned out to be a household name, Derek Walcott a Saint Lucian spent most of his life here & in some reference books he is even referred to as a Trinbagonian, Titus Elva came here & played with Caledonia during the semi pro league times (He came here on the recommendation of Stuart Charles Fevrier after Jamal Shabaaz called him in Saint Lucia to ask for players).
From my info Stuart Charles Fevrier was called by John Williams to come back to Trinidad to coach W Connection & his record speaks for itself.
Our comedians, calypsonians & soca artistes ply their trade in these islands all year round. Our carnival band leaders attend all their carnivals making costumes. Do you think it is done for free, of course not!!!! Talk to Nicky, Fabian, Cro Cro, Sparrow, Shadow, Stalin, Machel, KMC, Bunji, Faye Ann & the list goes on. In fact if I am not mistaken, one of Faye Ann's tunes for this season was produced by Saint Lucians, Machel has had tunes produced by Saint Lucians & other caribbean nationals & by the same token a lot of the islanders have their music produced by Trinbagonians. It takes two hands to clap :rotfl: 
I can speak about Saint Lucia because W Connection has had an affiliation with them from the inception of the Pro league, but I am sure that the other islands can boast of the same.
Grenadians played a vital part in our Oil industry.
Come on guys have a heart :whew: 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 12:11:36 PM by soccerrama »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

St Lucian trio Vernus Abbott a 22 year old defender, 18 year old Kurt Federicks and 16 year old forward Zaine Pierre make up the trio which will serve the Couva based club this season.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lWoafsKrJLg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lWoafsKrJLg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>