April 26, 2024, 02:38:17 PM

Author Topic: Latapy is not ready for this level of Coaching  (Read 4707 times)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy is not ready for this level of Coaching
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »
Latas is taking a wrong-headed approach.  Securing the D must be his top priority. Against Panama, these fellas were advancing the ball from the back third into the final third with some real authority. No local side doing since 2007. That is where Latapy is concentrating his efforts.

Ent that is the most common complaint of fans on the forum, that we can't put 2-3 passes together, that our short passing game is poor? Well look closely, Latapy curing that sickness.

But the drawbacks in his defence FAR OUTWEIGH the abilities of the midfield to move the ball around and forwards to score.

If what you sayin here is accurate, IT MAY BE that Latas feels that even with a stingy defence, if our midfield isn't able to keep possession, we will only turn the ball over thus inviting more pressure on an already under pressure defence.

PERHAPS his strategy is to tend to this area FIRST AND FOREMOST, and THEN look at the defence.

That's the only potentially plausible theory I can muster up to explain what's been happening.

I considered that but

(1) Midfield posession strategy is unworkable on THIS side without strong defensive capability, and if that was the strategy its clearly not working.

(2) . if neither the mids or defenders are WINNING the ball then pro-active posession is difficult. In the Panama game our posession was not the result of ball winning but a counter-attack strategy by Panama, who put their midfield deeper into their own half. That was why we had a good knock, and why it tended to die out right on top their box.

Against an aggressive team/strategy we will not enjoy that kind of posession because the ball winning aspect is not being slapped into dem players. 

(3) Ball possession and defensive work in the midfield are not mutually exclusive. They two sides of the same coin. Even if they were, the coach should be spending a significant amount of time and resources drilling defensive awareness, team building and supportive play and just plain skills building CONCURRENT with ball posession. here is latapy's major failure.

For all I know you could be correct tho. Perhaps Latas is imparting what he knows and building defence later simply because he does not posess that expertise as yet. But that is still poor management...either he wants to go it alone or the TTFF is not supporting the man, or maybe both

That is the key problem right there, it is the major failure of Latapy and it will hurt any team he coaches, even if he had Maldini, Pique, Puyol and Maicon in the back four.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
Latapy's record...

Click Here

Was he at the helm when we lost 3-0 to the USA or was Afro in charge?

If you count from the Costa Rica game TT has played 12 matches....he has won 3 vs El Salvador WCQ, Antigua and Barbuda and St.Kitts/Nevis.

He has drawn 1....vs Mexico in the HCS WCQ.

He has lost 8.....Costa Rica 3-2, Honduras 4-1, Costa Rica 4-0, Chile 2-0, JA 3-1 and Panama 3-0, USA 1-0 and Mexico 2-1.

Usa 1-0 was in the HCS and Mexico 2-1 was in the Azteca.

Honestly....the man have a losing record and it ent no 1-0 loss....we collecting goal in Grap...even St Kitts and Antigua score goals on us....clean sheet hard to come by....wha dat telling yuh.

Mats was in charge for US, with Latapy as his assistant his last game.

Maturana's record 18 wins, 16 draws and 6 losses is still the only winning record I remember any coach having in recent memory..just food for thought.

Wim's record is 6 wins, 4 draws and 8 losses. Creditable, i guess..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:07:43 PM by Arazi »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 02:33:01 PM »
Latapy's record...

Click Here

Was he at the helm when we lost 3-0 to the USA or was Afro in charge?

If you count from the Costa Rica game TT has played 12 matches....he has won 3 vs El Salvador WCQ, Antigua and Barbuda and St.Kitts/Nevis.

He has drawn 1....vs Mexico in the HCS WCQ.

He has lost 8.....Costa Rica 3-2, Honduras 4-1, Costa Rica 4-0, Chile 2-0, JA 3-1 and Panama 3-0, USA 1-0 and Mexico 2-1.

Usa 1-0 was in the HCS and Mexico 2-1 was in the Azteca.

Honestly....the man have a losing record and it ent no 1-0 loss....we collecting goal in Grap...even St Kitts and Antigua score goals on us....clean sheet hard to come by....wha dat telling yuh.

Mats was in charge for US, with Latapy as his assistant his last game.

Maturana's record 18 wins, 16 draws and 6 losses is still the only winning record I remember any coach having in recent memory..just food for thought.

Wim's record is 6 wins, 4 draws and 8 losses. Creditable, i guess..

Arazi, Wim  was not doing well in the build up to the digicel.

But 2 things...

For one, unlike Latapy he did not have a choice of who to select. But when the team was loosing badly against Central American opposition he persisted in digging out many different players in all kind of positions. Telesford and roberts were two big finds.

And when the dust settled he had moulded T&T into the best team in the Caribbean. And not with no superstars either.

Only until Latas can pull off a surprise like that then we could say he in Wim's class. 

Digicel in 2 months.  If Latapy has a grander scheme maybe things will gradually fall into place at precisely the right time. Maybe dais why we playing a string of minnows.

All I have to say is we fans don't doh like nonsense We looking for a James Bond to run this team, not Inspector Clouseau.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 02:41:54 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>