April 28, 2024, 04:06:19 PM

Author Topic: Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.  (Read 7277 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack: The blacklist still exists.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »
So when is pay out day ?

By now the players should have gotten their money.

Sep 23rd. They were 2 open d books by aug 30th and judgment day is sep 23rd.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:45 AM »
So when is pay out day ?

Thank you Weary.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
So when is pay out day ?

Thank you Weary.

U ARE MOST WELCOME
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2010, 06:09:04 PM »
As Tallman pointed out to me.....

Ah see dat dis fella lift parts of yuh last two interviews wit Jack.

Trinidad and Tobago still will not pay bonuses, predicts Jack
Yorke betrayed us over World Cup bonuses claims Trinidad goalkeeper
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »
As Tallman pointed out to me.....

Ah see dat dis fella lift parts of yuh last two interviews wit Jack.

Trinidad and Tobago still will not pay bonuses, predicts Jack
Yorke betrayed us over World Cup bonuses claims Trinidad goalkeeper

D Newsday in good company.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 01:06:04 AM »
Maybe I missed it before... but the article now credits Newsday as the original source.  Earlier I read the article and left a comment, just after 8 pm our time, 1 am GMT.  That comment and another that was left about half an hour before mine were removed.  The comments were critical of the fact that the article was sourced w/o proper attribution.

I believe what happened is that Mr. McKay removed the comments without looking at the evidence (a link was posted directing him to this thread, proving this was the original source) and instead credited Newsday, since in his mind... I guess, that was the more 'credible' source.  After all, why believe some website... the Newspaper wouldn't be so bold as to plagiarize an article, would it?  ::)

Anyways... I sent him a nice email... and also sent the following to newsday@newsday.co.tt

Your newspaper was given permission to use this article provided that you made proper attribution to the original source... instead, in a blatant act of plagiarism the article is now running on your website without properly crediting the source.  This article was lifted verbatim from the www.socawarriors.net website, where it was originally posted by site administrator Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.  Mr. Mohammed gave permission for you to  use the material, provided he gave credit where credit was due.  Obviously this was not done.

Here is a link to the original article, posted a full two days before your newspaper carried the story
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=50731.0

To make matters worse, the article was then co-opted from your website and used by another source http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8441:trinidad-and-tobago-still-will-not-pay-bonuses-predicts-jack&catid=50:central-a-north-america&Itemid=62 . With credit going to your newspaper, rather than to the author, Mr. Mohammed. 

Mr. Mohammed and the other administrators and moderators do a thankless job of taking the time to interview our footballing heroes and to otherwise shepherd support for the team.  If the name Jason Blair isn't yet familiar to you I suggest you do an internet search on him, viz-a-viz his time spent at the New York Times... I would hate to see Mr. Bailey bring similar disrepute to your newspaper.  I don't propose to speak for Mr. Mohammed, but it would only be right that your newspaper properly attribute your non-original sources.

Thank you

I started to buss Joel Bailey's files (note in the email I mention "he" and "Mr. Bailey"... I overlooked those in removing the references before sending it) ... but I wasn't sure that he was the one who posted it without giving credit.  I started sending a link to his posts for Newsday to see his professional display in full glory but opted against it, because again, I dunno if it was him who Flex sent the article to.  As you can see there's a link for the good folks at Newsday (and Mr. McKay as well) to come see that the article was posted here a full 2 days before Newsday ran it on their site.  So knowing that they'll likely be here reading this... I'll refrain from outing Mr. Bailey by linking him to his screen name... for now.

Flex... if he is the one responsible for posting this on the Newsday site then I think we need to raise that with his employers.  His unprofessional display here notwithstanding, plagiarism by ANY journalist (even by TnT's shoddy standards) cannot be tolerated.

Newsday themselves, if they fail to take corrective action need to be reported to whatever oversight body there might be in TnT... or to their peers, if shaming is the best recourse.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 09:14:54 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2010, 01:26:21 AM »
Update:  The misunderstanding has been cleared up, so we can put away the pikes and put out the torches :rotfl:

I just got an email from Duncan Mackay (see, I even got the spelling right this time), he explained that the mistake was unintentional (it probably went down as I said... Newsday's fault), and he went ahead and credited Socawarriors.net with the article.

p.s. I made sure to tell him that we very much wanted the world to know about our dear "Special Advisor/FIFA VP/CONCACAF Chairman/Minister of Works and Transportation/erstwhile Acting Prime Minister/Mouthpiece extraordinaire/Darth Sith himself", Jack Warner.  So we should thank Mr. Mackay for helping spread the word rather than pulling the article.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »
Last December, I sent an e-mail to Newsday's sports editor concerning this:
Sealy signs with Bnei Sakhnin (socawarriors.net, December 1, 2009)
Scott Sealy returns to Israel (Newsday, December 8, 2009)

but ah never hear back from dem
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 07:27:57 AM »
Thank you Bakes..

And it was the Newsday editor, not Joel Bailey who used my article.

Anything published in any press is the job of the editor.

I sent the article to Zaid Mohammed and he is a bloody clown, he continues to just ignore all of my e-mails, a bunch of fools work for T&T newspapers, I guess they feel they are on cloud 9 with they big job.

Lasana is the only cool one out of all of them who works in the T&T newspapers industry.

I sent Patriot a message to call the Newsday and clear this up for me as he based in T&T, he say he would but never heard anything again. Maybe I should have called in Weary or Brownsugar....  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:35:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »
Last December, I sent an e-mail to Newsday's sports editor concerning this:
Sealy signs with Bnei Sakhnin (socawarriors.net, December 1, 2009)
Scott Sealy returns to Israel (Newsday, December 8, 2009)

but ah never hear back from dem

Wheyy... you serious??  So this is a clear pattern of conduct on that newspaper's part then?

Thank you Bakes..

I sent the article to Zaid Mohammed and he is a bloody clown, he continues to just ignore all of my e-mails, a bunch of fools work for T&T newspapers, I guess they feel they are on cloud 9 with they big job.

Lasana is the only cool one out of all of them who works in the T&T newspapers industry.

I sent Patriot a message to call the Newsday and clear this up for me as he based in T&T, he say he would but never heard anything again. Maybe I should have called in Weary or Brownsugar....  ;D

Flex I know that ultimately responsibility falls upon the Editors, but I also know that standards are so loose that some of the inmate "journalists" end up running the asylum as well.  I think it's time we do something about Mr. Zaid Mohammed and his newspaper then.  I don't think there's an oversight or regulatory body per se for media matters... but I know that there's a trade association at least.  Their practices need to be reported, maybe as I said they need to be shamed by sending letters to the Editors at the Express and Guardian. We need to put Weary and Brownsugar on the case indeed, lol

At any rate:

Anyways... I sent him a nice email... and also sent the following to newsday@newsday.co.tt

In further proof of their stellar professional standards... the email came back 'undeliverable'.   What a joke that rag of a 'newspaper' is.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:10 AM »

In further proof of their stellar professional standards... the email came back 'undeliverable'.   What a joke that rag of a 'newspaper' is.

Try sending it to Zaid Mohammed at zaid@newsday.co.tt
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2010, 09:48:33 AM »

I used that same e-mail...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 10:09:16 AM »

Sent... thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
Thank you Bakes..

So when I call say I am yuh TNT representative and all I tellin dem dey betta desist from using meh articles or next time yuh lawyer go call. I will let u know what happen.

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Football Amateur & Disorganised
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 05:22:36 AM »
Oh Kelvin Jack...you took the words right out of my mouth. T&T football in a MESS! TTFF, Ministry of sport and the LOC...rubbish! I mean seriously, who are these people? You trying to tell me, one week before the start of a Fifa world cup, everything still not in place? The pitches getting grade C and the stadiums not ready? How embarassing. And this woman (Nataki Kerr), sitting down at an official press conference with the Fifa representative present and saying the reason is because Trinis have a last minute culture. What!? This Tournament was given years in advance. YEARS!!!! How embarrassing! And Mr President of the TTFF have nothing to say on the matter? It's time to get rid of all these jokers!!!! They do not respect, appreciate of LOVE this game we call football!!
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Football Amateur & Disorganised
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2010, 05:56:05 AM »
Oh Kelvin Jack...you took the words right out of my mouth. T&T football in a MESS! TTFF, Ministry of sport and the LOC...rubbish! I mean seriously, who are these people? You trying to tell me, one week before the start of a Fifa world cup, everything still not in place? The pitches getting grade C and the stadiums not ready? How embarassing. And this woman (Nataki Kerr), sitting down at an official press conference with the Fifa representative present and saying the reason is because Trinis have a last minute culture. What!? This Tournament was given years in advance. YEARS!!!! How embarrassing! And Mr President of the TTFF have nothing to say on the matter? It's time to get rid of all these jokers!!!! They do not respect, appreciate of LOVE this game we call football!!
        :devil: :devil: Aye the WC start you know,Football going on in all them Stadiums,tickets sell out and i eh hear no complaints about the facilities,nobody eh perfect things will go wrong,every WC has it's shortcomings so who are we,the woman right we have a last minute culture.Come on this is history in the making don't try to spoil it with this crap you want to start here,who do not respect,appreciate and love this game of Football,it's a WC we hosting you know and it's not the first time.   

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2010, 10:41:16 AM »
Oh my friend. I forgive you for your complete shortsightedness.You all excited about the tournament and fail to realize what really going on here. You don't seem to understand the extent to which the L.O.C was unprepared.You ain't hear no one complaining you say. Do you even watch the news or read the newspapers. Apparently not. Have you been to any of the games and seen how bad some of the fields are? Do you have any idea how bad a pitch has to be to get a grade C? Have you seen the state some of those recently built stadiums are in? I watch the Brazil vs Ireland game in the Larry Gomes and the when the announcer trying to talk, the P.A. system keep cutting off and on, off and on.It sounded like someone was drowning.You,the T.T.F.F, and the L.O.C. all in the same boat cause all of you don't seem to understand that when you are hosting an F.I.F.A tournament, you have to do it by F.I.F.A's standards.Poor excuses like having a last minute "CULTURE" is unacceptable. And you are right, we have hosted a tournament before, that's why its even more embarrassing that we looking as if we don't know what we are doing. Like Kelvin Jack said, Trinidad football is amateur and disorganized.No wonder Jack Warner say he is done with with Trinidad football hosting F.I.F.A tournaments. Or haven't you heard that too?
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
^^^ clearly doesn't recognize the sarcasm.

1]; } ?>