April 28, 2024, 10:39:13 PM

Author Topic: The Local Based players need an Intl Coach in order to succeed  (Read 7462 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Local Based players need an Intl Coach in order to succeed
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
another thing that is ridiculous is that members of the board actually blaming the players, you have to keep in mind the strategy is implemented by latas, if the players dont follow it they will get reprimanded and benched.

it is obvious latas strategy and lack of experience is carrying on to the pitch and the results show. you dont need over a year to realize a coach is not good enough

The players are to blame as well...

i agree with you kicker, the players are also at fault to a certain extent, but team selection and strategy is not the players fault and that is what makes or breaks a football side.

i cant just sit here and put down the players at every instance when we lose, it goes beyond that and the coaches and management are the large part of the blame.

i hate bringing up past foreign coaches and pitting them against our locals but its more our local coaches dont cut it than our players.

training and coaching is key to any program and to success in the long run

According to the final assumtion the local coaches are to blame. the local coaches should improved their knowledge of the finer points of the game. Strategy, physical, etc, etc. Seeing that ain't go happen then all the pro-league teams should hire foreign coaches to improve the local players. I ain't see that happening either.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
its good that you could hide behind your screen and talk a setta tata, like i said you can stay in your hen cage with the macomere man business. you know nothing about me or my family, keep talking though, i notice you cant argue about football because you dont have the sense for it.

btw since yuh talking like an internet badjohn, say yuh real name nah and stop hiding and lying about how you see me when thats a big lie because last time you try to call me out on my personal business, yuh say yuh padnah tell yuh dis and dat. yuh full of it

yuh claim to know who i am, but who the hell is u?

1. I can't argue football but I already dismissed your shitty arguments here... so ah imagine that says even less about you.

2. You keep claiming I in ah "hen cage" and in "macomere man business"... but it seems like you in de same cage and same line of business, because yuh can't stop responding.

3. The last time I embarrass yuh (leh we call it what it is) I say which "padnah" tell me what??  Look de quote right here http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=20761.msg449202#msg449202 .  Ah doh have time to go find de actual post but maybe yuh could point out de reference to this imaginary "padnah" talk.

4. Doh worry about who I is... and no I won't be posting my name on the site.  If yuh really feel I's some "internet badman" as yuh put it, next time yuh in de Mid-Atlantic region send mih ah PM and we could link up.  Yuh could find out fuh yuhself how much cutass yuh could take.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 06:06:32 PM »
Local Based ent able no time of the month and dey shitty compared to our concacaf neighbours.

Open alyuh eye nah.

The easiest and most straight fwd example is the Concacaf CL.

A local team eats, trains and does everything 4-5 days a week...much more than a national team.

Over the years, Joe public, Jab and W-connection have at times had at least 4-8 players on the national squad.

Currently Joe public has 6...Samuel (under23) Phillips, Tinto, Baptiste, Makan, Noel.

Is years now local sides taking steady steady licks in the CL games and they does take it without a fight.

and just like the national team they may win One game...maybe two under heart attack thing, but the end result is always bottom of the table and elimination.

I dont know how anybody could say TT have all this raw talent and we better than others...when every side these local teams face have men ripping them coming and going.

All kinda ole big belley man on these central american sides putting down all kinda knock and dribble on we.

Now if the best club team comprised of national players cyar even string together 3-5 passes and beat another local based club team of another country...how d arse it could translate that when yuh put on a red adidas jersey and train with a green coach once a week on your rest day that you could beat people.

Santos Laguna make both Jab and Joe public look like cones...and is a setta young boy and ole man on dat side.

Going further back in time....we used to take de-facto age group national teams, under the banner of "alcons" and other sides and go to the Dallas Cup in the US long time....all we used to get in return was steady cutarse coming and going, from all kinda "State" team and the odd big club age group team. So bad was d licks and so consistent we stop sending teams, or rather stop getting invited to this tournament.

Total local cannot work...in fact it is a stupid dotish pips that means nothing.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
Local Based ent able no time of the month and dey shitty compared to our concacaf neighbours.

Open alyuh eye nah.

A local team eats, trains and does everything 4-5 days a week...much more than a national team.

Over the years, Joe public, Jab and W-connection have at times had at least 4-8 players on the national squad.

Currently Joe public has 6...Samuel (under23) Phillips, Tinto, Baptiste, Makan, Noel.

Is years now local sides taking steady steady licks in the CL games and they does take it without a fight.

and just like the national team they may win One game...maybe two under heart attack thing, but the end result is always bottom of the table and elimination.

I dont know how anybody could say TT have all this raw talent and we better than others...when every side these local teams face have men ripping them coming and going.

All kinda ole big belley man on these central american sides putting down all kinda knock and dribble on we.

Now if the best club team comprised of national players cyar even string together 3-5 passes and beat another local based club team of another country...how d arse it could translate that when yuh put on a red adidas jersey and train with a green coach once a week on your rest day that you could beat people.

Santos Laguna make both Jab and Joe public look like cones...and is a setta young boy and ole man on dat side.

Going further back in time....we used to take de-facto age group national teams, under the banner of "alcons" and other sides and go to the Dallas Cup in the US long time....all we used to get in return was steady cutarse coming and going, from all kinda "State" team and the odd big club age group team. So bad was d licks and so consistent we stop sending teams, or rather stop getting invited to this tournament.

Total local cannot work...in fact it is a stupid dotish pips that means nothing.

coaching and training, if we had so much shithounds, so many of our local players would not being going abroad and making it.

once again its all about our training and coaching that has made us or broken us more than often.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 08:07:55 PM »

Open alyuh eye nah.

ent you iz the same man that say wim wasnt passing the first round with a bleeder led all local team?
allyuh men funny oui, winchester just ride out for trials but men still saying we have no talent in trini. thats bull, the coaching and training are to blame.

piss poor, why is it our cricketers are better trained and are amongst the best in the region and some the world? football coaching in tt is piss poor and the training. the players have the talent but they dont have the system to harness that talent.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

Open alyuh eye nah.

coaching and training, if we had so much shithounds, so many of our local players would not being going abroad and making it.

once again its all about our training and coaching that has made us or broken us more than often.

"Making it" sitting on the bench on low division teams while sometimes not even getting selected does not qualify as making it. So many? How many players do we have in major foorball leagues right now? How many of them are in major leagues and contributing significantly tot heir team?

The players that are left in trinidad are there bec they are subpar and basically that's what Latapy was assessing over the last few friendlies, he needs to see who is capeable of improving going forward and who just can't make the grade.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »
So many going abroad????

Since 2006 who went anywhere except hyland  ???

and going where?....Is Puerto Rico Islanders you rating up so.

Where Jamal Gay now, why no warrior get a contract from the WC...why no small man get a bly from the under 20 team?

Reason...they not special and cannot do the basics.

TI a Trini player is nuttin special anymore. It have thousands of players worldwide who more determined to make it and who make up they lack of "skill" with discipline, hard work and fitness.

A trial doh equal a contract....Ask Nigel Pierre and Peltier bout that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:17:47 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »
Nice thread...

The point I would make begins with a question
Do we have the worst players in the region?  I would be hard pressed to find that the answer is yes.  If the answer is no!  Then the next question lands with the coaching.  Do we have the worst coach in the region?  Worst case scenario, "maybe"  best case scenario, "the verdict still out"..  Take your pick...players suck or coach suck..either way its not working.   So u re-suffle the deck with a new boss.  I really cyah understand how people could even suggest giving Latas a break and keeping him as coach.  He is not qualified.  This is very simple.  
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 08:23:19 PM »
And the players aint good thing...schheeupsss man I've seen us do better with less.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Nice thread...

Do we have the worst players in the region?  I would be hard pressed to find that the answer is yes.  If the answer is no!  Then the next question lands with the coaching.  Do we have the worst coach in the region?  Worst case scenario, "maybe"  best case scenario, "the verdict still out"..  Take your pick...players suck or coach suck..either way its not working.   So u re-suffle the deck with a new boss.  I really cyah understand how people could even suggest giving Latas a break and keeping him as coach.  He is not qualified.  This is very simple.  

Why shuffle the deck? to get the same results? the coach is not the problem its the players. U could put 10 different coaches there it doesnt change the fact that the players suck. did u not see those friendlies? did latapy play shit on the field? did latapy let man walk thru the defence? did latapy make a pass straight to the opposition? did latapy fail to mark his player?

When you get to the national level the coach is supposed to be able to give u the tactic, teach u the formation and strategy and u go and execute, what the hell is a coach to do when his players can hardly complete a pass far less execute the tactic? changing the coach is perscribing a whiole bunch of expensive medicine based on a symptom without really taking the time to solve the root of the problem which is player development in trinidad and tobago; the national team training sessions is no place for basic player development.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
Now if the best club team comprised  of national players cyar even string together 3-5 passes and beat another local based club team of another country...how d arse it could translate that when yuh put on a red adidas jersey and train with a green coach once a week on your rest day that you could beat people.

In bold  is our biggest problem we must learn how to have patience , pass a ball on the ground to our team mate  and stop the boom kickin .

I feel when these guys come out of playing intercol soccer they should already have the basics and if they did not get it then they might not get it ever and that is the problem laterz is having with these guys as wim and other coaches said the locals jus dont have it .
They miss it when they were playing intercol soccer and will be very hard for them to get it now .  

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
not pro or for, but just saying, 20-30 yrs ago, a feeder/development system was in place...today, it's not as strong locally, but still active, see list below
http://www.socawarriors.net/foreign-based/us-college-players.html?view=collegeplayers&start=100

add: we helping develop USA...since we not/hardly calling them back,we not letting USA develop we

further: maybe dey doh wan to come back..why?
 too bad we doh access to the old board and the discussions when I suggesed this hypotheical point
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:09:07 PM by maxg »

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 12:43:03 AM »
Nice thread...

Why shuffle the deck? to get the same results? the coach is not the problem its the players. U could put 10 different coaches there it doesnt change the fact that the players suck. did u not see those friendlies? did latapy play shit on the field? did latapy let man walk thru the defence? did latapy make a pass straight to the opposition? did latapy fail to mark his player?

When you get to the national level the coach is supposed to be able to give u the tactic, teach u the formation and strategy and u go and execute, what the hell is a coach to do when his players can hardly complete a pass far less execute the tactic? changing the coach is perscribing a whiole bunch of expensive medicine based on a symptom without really taking the time to solve the root of the problem which is player development in trinidad and tobago; the national team training sessions is no place for basic player development.

Damo every serious football nation follows this prescription. :) I think you stuck in Trini-ment.  Wake up bro, life is about results.  So get on with it. 

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 04:11:03 AM »
So many going abroad????

Where Jamal Gay now, why no warrior get a contract from the WC...why no small man get a bly from the under 20 team?

TI a Trini player is nuttin special anymore. It have thousands of players worldwide who more determined to make it and who make up they lack of "skill" with discipline, hard work and fitness.

Touches i agree wid almost every thing you said in this post and most of the previous. but i have a question though, is there still a primary school league? and the reason, BC when i was in my only yr of primary school in TNT when i was officially introduced to football ( playing that is) in 1976 there was a primary school league and i went to watch my school play against rosery boys RC.

however if there still is, then it should be the trend for football excellence, and young boys playing the game @ that level should have proficient qualified coaches to teach them the basic (this shouuld be the law) and not some teacher or neighborhood coach doing the honors.

is time for real academies and not these so called youth programs or centers of lack of excellence that producing these inept players.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:39 AM »
Nice thread...

Damo every serious football nation follows this prescription. :) I think you stuck in Trini-ment.  Wake up bro, life is about results.  So get on with it. 

ur forgetting that serious football nations have serious talent x 5 at every position on the field so when a coach not cutting it u can look as his tactic, strategy and formations and say well he's not getting the most out of the payers so those nations make coaching changes to get results. In those cases, when u have high calibre players but not getting results u can look at the coach and say he is doing smthng wrong.

Now in our case, looking at the last bunch of friendlies can you honestly say friggin Theobald, Hislop, Josling, Noel, Babtise, Tinto, Edwards are high calibre players who not performing well under this coach so if we change the coach these players will start beating everybody by 3 clear goals>> Can we really expect their to be a big jump in talent bec another coach is in charge>>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2010, 06:12:58 AM »
Nice thread...

ur forgetting that serious football nations have serious talent x 5 at every position on the field so when a coach not cutting it u can look as his tactic, strategy and formations and say well he's not getting the most out of the payers so those nations make coaching changes to get results. In those cases, when u have high calibre players but not getting results u can look at the coach and say he is doing smthng wrong.

Now in our case, looking at the last bunch of friendlies can you honestly say friggin Theobald, Hislop, Josling, Noel, Babtise, Tinto, Edwards are high calibre players who not performing well under this coach so if we change the coach these players will start beating everybody by 3 clear goals>> Can we really expect their to be a big jump in talent bec another coach is in charge>>
Depends on what you mean by 'everybody.' Mexico? No. Belize? C'mon...

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2010, 11:28:53 AM »
"Bigger" coaches with "better" players have not been able to stop those momentary lapses of judgment on the part of TnT's defense. Maybe the locals not coachable. Maybe the TTFF give Latapy a mandate to play all locals cause the purse strings close. Before we call for the man head can we please get an interview and pose questions to him to see what is going on.

Instead of being critical maybe we can try to be constructive. We are the victim of our culture. There is no quick fix to the problem that is our national team. The engine bad. Eventually the engine going to need an overhaul. We could pay and get over sized rings which  will make the car work for a short while or we can take the time and money and get the engine done right now.

Maybe the Warrior Nation can buy some youth development DVD's and get them to the coaches of the SSFL teams. Maybe we can interview Birchall to see how much extra work he puts in after practice. Heck Beckham in the US. Somebody link Birchie and ask him to get Becks to do a ten minutes on how much work he used to put in.

Can we do something positive instead of just being crabs in barrel.

For the record I don't think Latas can be a good coach right now  because as a player he never focused on playing defense. On teams that have a ball winner (Yorke 06)  in the middle and a solid back line a creative player can be allowed to do as he please. When a team lacking, every player has to play for the team and contribute on both sides of the ball. Maybe Latas need to lose a little to get the memo. He can't see Birchall's worth because he wants to play an attacking brand. TnT not built for speed. We need to dispossess the other team and play for individual moments of brilliance.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
"Bigger" coaches with "better" players have not been able to stop those momentary lapses of judgment on the part of TnT's defense. Maybe the locals not coachable. Maybe the TTFF give Latapy a mandate to play all locals cause the purse strings close. Before we call for the man head can we please get an interview and pose questions to him to see what is going on.

Instead of being critical maybe we can try to be constructive. We are the victim of our culture. There is no quick fix to the problem that is our national team. The engine bad. Eventually the engine going to need an overhaul. We could pay and get over sized rings which  will make the car work for a short while or we can take the time and money and get the engine done right now.

Maybe the Warrior Nation can buy some youth development DVD's and get them to the coaches of the SSFL teams. Maybe we can interview Birchall to see how much extra work he puts in after practice. Heck Beckham in the US. Somebody link Birchie and ask him to get Becks to do a ten minutes on how much work he used to put in.

Can we do something positive instead of just being crabs in barrel.

For the record I don't think Latas can be a good coach right now  because as a player he never focused on playing defense. On teams that have a ball winner (Yorke 06)  in the middle and a solid back line a creative player can be allowed to do as he please. When a team lacking, every player has to play for the team and contribute on both sides of the ball. Maybe Latas need to lose a little to get the memo. He can't see Birchall's worth because he wants to play an attacking brand. TnT not built for speed. We need to dispossess the other team and play for individual moments of brilliance.

So many going abroad????

breds you going back to pierre, pierre had a worse problem than hardest when it came to serious training, why is that? because the system is flawed in tt and add to that the low level of coaching as well.

when salandy was alive we had numerous conversations about excellent tt coaches coaching abroad but none were asked to come back or given a chance locally. so they do exist, hence steve hart, the talent is there, you have always failed to see it, thats your problem and many others problems.

a foreign coach or scout will come to our shores and spot talent right away and stop with the pierre and peltier talk because they were others and you know them as well.

if i was given the chance to run the ttff, i bet you i could take them same players we have and turn it around with the right coaching and training and implementation of the a new system. they will be in the top 3 in the region, guaranteed.

allyuh dont have the belly for that, is only negative talk, the biggest problem with people home is they cant recognize good talent.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »
controversial,

u talking about talent...name a starting eleven of local based players who u think can compete with jamaica..i not even talking about honduras, costa rica yet...let's focus on dominating the caribbean.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
allyuh dont have the belly for that, is only negative talk, the biggest problem with people home is they cant recognize good talent.

Controversial, so yuh willing to include Bennie and Wim in dat category too? Because it well documented that they were of the belief that there wasnt enough talent locally, so they had to scout abroad.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
controversial,

u talking about talent...name a starting eleven of local based players who u think can compete with jamaica..i not even talking about honduras, costa rica yet...let's focus on dominating the caribbean.
Bredder, let meh interject. jamaica not playin with an all out local team, and there's something allyuh don't know. we havn't played jamaica with ah foreign based team in the past 4 yrs.

we played jamaica 4 times in the past five or so yrs and we played them with ah pure local team. jamaica on the other hand played us with ah mixture of foreign and locals, but us, all local.

as ah matter of fact, no concacaf teams are playing with all locals, except the U.S. of which most of their players are in the MLS which is their very own domestic league.

we all know our local league is piss poor and they need tuh raise the bar especially in the areas where we're lacking (defense and midfield, fitness, technical ability, pace of the game,tactical awareness). skeene and dem need tuh put their shoulders to the wheel and implement proper coaching standards on the island.

as for an all out local team beatin JA, you already know the answer tuh dat! remember how they failed to beat grenada bados and JA in 2008 degicel cup ?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:28:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
just cool,

i agree with u 100% but TI say locals could do it so I want to see his local squad who are world beaters.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »
Now if the best club team comprised  of national players cyar even string together 3-5 passes and beat another local based club team of another country...how d arse it could translate that when yuh put on a red adidas jersey and train with a green coach once a week on your rest day that you could beat people.

In bold  is our biggest problem we must learn how to have patience , pass a ball on the ground to our team mate  and stop the boom kickin .

I feel when these guys come out of playing intercol soccer they should already have the basics and if they did not get it then they might not get it ever and that is the problem laterz is having with these guys as wim and other coaches said the locals jus dont have it .
They miss it when they were playing intercol soccer and will be very hard for them to get it now .  

A true zulu warrior. Now without showing my obvious bias could someone please refute these solid statements zulu just made? And I dont want to hear "boy trini have real talented players boy.. honest"..... Talent is measured if you could complete a pass. my goodness man. Can you trap, turn and pass the dam ball. (to your partner). Can you mark the man and stop watching the play on the field. anyone who think that being able to cap a man or rolli-polli a man is better than tenacity, technical ability or defensive awareness needs to look a little closer at the successful teams around the world. Germany, Holland, Italia... De pretty pass began with a man running off de ball. But we dont see dat part just de pretty pass. We only see de fan and not realize that the reason for the fan is to draw defenders after which time you can make a deft pass (if you can complete a pass) and put your teammate/s in a better position to act. Finally if we can string 3 passes together we could move as much as 20 yards in that one move. Even when we fan and cap a man we does have to tun back to do it again... like if we didnt believe we just do it and needed to do it again to make sure. Yuh ever see Henry or Drogba double and triple beat. Yeh they might beat a second man but not the same person over and over.. Or i'm a retard and I should leave this gentleman's game to all the gentlemen on the board.

The jury is out for real!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
just cool,

i agree with u 100% but TI say locals could do it so I want to see his local squad who are world beaters.

breddah the team coming to the hasley near you sah.. watch and see the trump card getting pelt on the table, a new coach coming and the heavy hand dropping the guillotine on latas soon.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2010, 10:17:51 AM »
just cool,

breddah the team coming to the hasley near you sah.. watch and see the trump card getting pelt on the table, a new coach coming and the heavy hand dropping the guillotine on latas soon.

trump card? ppl does stand up on 3 and king ah trump and doh get high, low or game....i hope it is not bare jack we holding and standing up.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2010, 01:44:45 PM »

Please go back to your reggae boyz website and stop getting involved with things that doh concern yuh(or just plain f**k off)

Nah saga the man has a point- yuh might not agree, but he has a point.  It's a reasonable point of view. 
De man does have a point but ah tink Saga have a point too!  :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>